HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC vs NBC Feed

Old
05-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I watch NBC and listen to 98.7 ESPN Radio. Listening to Kenny & Dave is 100 times better than NBC. I also enjoyed Kenny's call of the big goals last night. Real excitement unlike Emrick.

Are you trying to say that the screeching weasel is a fake?

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Zuuuuc

I said it in another thread before, being a Canadian I cannot say anything bad about CBC (except when Bob Cole is calling a Leafs game)
CBC is a brighter broadcast (we know those dim lights at MSG really bother the goalies)
The camera men don't lose the puck as often as NBC, the commentators are better and theres no Pierre McGuire...however if you want to watch the intermissions you do have to deal with Don Cherry

Zuuuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
goalie dude
Rookie User

CBC is better

goalie dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
You won't get it for this series, or the rest of the playoffs for that matter, because NBC has exclusive rights.

During the regular season if you subscribe to NHL Center Ice on DirecTV you get the CBC Hockey Night in Canada telecasts every Saturday night, and the occasional afternoon game too.

NBC also picked up a few CBC telecasts in the first round of this year's playoffs.
CBC covers the play-offs as well. NBC might have exclusive rights in the US, but in Canada it's CBC. And if you know where to look, you can find a CBC feed for every match in HD quality online

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 04:43 PM
MAC TRUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
I personally love how CBC always pans to a team's owner or GM's reactions after a big play.
Agree.

MAC TRUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 04:51 PM
alfiespezza
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
where can you get a CBC feed, by the way
CBC always makes their games available online through their website at cbc.ca. I'm not sure if that would be blocked in the US though.

alfiespezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:00 PM
ThisYearsModel

CBC's analysis and replays are far better. NBC should contract to use CBC's video feeds, because NBC's production sucks.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:12 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
the question is which Feed will give me the least exposure to Doc Emrick and Pierre McGuire?
The answer is
  1. Lower TV volume to 0
  2. Hook up a radio to your computer's microphone port (headphone to microphone)
  3. Tune into 98.7 FM or 1050 AM (ESPN Radio)
  4. Download Radio Delay
  5. Setup Radio Delay so that your radio is in sync with your TV
  6. Profit

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:24 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I find the CBC feed to be much less obnoxious than the NBC feed can get at times. I can only handle so much of Pierre McQuire pointing out irrelevant things and rambling, Doc's voice, etc.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiespezza View Post
CBC always makes their games available online through their website at cbc.ca. I'm not sure if that would be blocked in the US though.
TSN blocks things like that. It kills me during the World Juniors. Don't know if CBC does the same thing, but probably. NBC would have a fit.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:29 AM
The Beezer

The NBC feed was absolutely unwatchable last night. You would think that the Caps were up by 6 goals the way they were gushing all over them (in between Emrick calling wrong players all night). Also I'm not taking anything away from Holtby (he's been very good), but if they gush over one more routine glove save that he embellishes, I'm gonna throw up.

The Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:33 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
I can provide you guys with full CBC broadcasts if you want.
Yes Please!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beezer View Post
The NBC feed was absolutely unwatchable last night. You would think that the Caps were up by 6 goals the way they were gushing all over them (in between Emrick calling wrong players all night). Also I'm not taking anything away from Holtby (he's been very good), but if they gush over one more routine glove save that he embellishes, I'm gonna throw up.
Well, with our lack of offense it did seem at times like they were up six goals!

Regarding Holtby, both McGuire and Olczyk both said more than once when he made a glove save that the Rangers were making it too easy for Holtby to see pucks by not doing what is necessary to disrupt his vision. They showed specific examples of Gaborik, Callahan, Fedotenko, Hagelin and others not getting to the front of the net and staying there when they had the opportunity to do so and the Rangers were shooting.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:35 PM
gardenparty

Quote:
Regarding Holtby, both McGuire and Olczyk both said more than once when he made a glove save that the Rangers were making it too easy for Holtby to see pucks by not doing what is necessary to disrupt his vision. They showed specific examples of Gaborik, Callahan, Fedotenko, Hagelin and others not getting to the front of the net and staying there when they had the opportunity to do so and the Rangers were shooting.
I've been screaming at my TV regarding this very point all playoffs long! Maybe I should audition for a color analyst job.

I've watched both. Pros and cons. CBC has a slicker production but seems to have a hard-on for Holtby's Mom. She gets more face time than her ****in' son. They seem to gush endlessly over Ovechkin too. It just seems to me that in their Production meetings, CBC must keep asking themselves 'how can we play up the underdog Capitals?'

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:38 PM
rangers5000

both seem to be very pro-caps, which is weird seeing how rangers would get higher ratings in both countrys

im sick of the whole "hotby story", there are other skaters on the ice and he's not that good, we never even testing him last night much

and i find it ironic that the caps are portrayed as the underdog, when there star russian players are filthy rich, remind me how much does is ovys contract worth, rangers are very much the blu collar team

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:41 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

CBC has an "older" looking graphics package but it's much less intrusive and there are less annoying ads. Commentary is more intelligent. When someone scores, they shut up and let you hear the crowd/celebration. If I had the ability to watch CBC in HD on my TV, I'd certainly choose it over NBC, but I don't, so I'm stuck.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
trilobyte

CBC is not brash and in your face the way that NBC is. I am not commenting on quality of production here, CBC slaughters NBC on that. I am talking about editorial content.
To date, I have found CBC very pro-Capitals in their commentary. An obsession with Ovechkin, and an obvious attachment to Dale Hunter and wishing him success.

When the Caps scored their second goal on Monday night, Jim Hughson exclaimed excitedly how "that is what we want to see"

Nah, that is not acceptable work by a guy at that level of production - the NHL playoffs in hockey mad Canada.
I do not appreciate it.

Last edited by trilobyte: 05-10-2012 at 10:22 PM.
trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:55 PM
rangers5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
CBC is not brash and in your face the way that NBC is. I am not commenting on quality of production here, CBC slaughters NBC on that. I am talking about editorial content.
To date, I have found CBC very pro-Capitals in their commentary. An obsession with Ovechkin, and an obvious attachment to Dale Hunter and wishing him success.

When the Caps scored their second goal on Monday night, Jim Hughson exclaimed excitedly how "that is what we want to see"

Nah, that is not acceptable work by a guy at that level of production - the NHL playoffs in hockey mad Canada.
I do not appreciate it.
its clear cbc is pro-caps, from what i hear nbc is to, but overall cbc is much better than nbc

when caps win cbc guys seem very happy, like its there home team
"thats what we want to see", showing hotby family more than the players

but when rangers win, "man that was a heartbreaking lose, you can really feel bad for those caps players after game 5"

imagine if ovy scored that goal with 6 seconds left, probably a 10 min interview and showing the celebrations, but since it was rangers they showed maybe a replay, ron mclean says we will be right back to wrap

Old
05-10-2012, 11:06 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
its clear cbc is pro-caps, from what i hear nbc is to, but overall cbc is much better than nbc

when caps win cbc guys seem very happy, like its there home team
"thats what we want to see", showing hotby family more than the players

but when rangers win, "man that was a heartbreaking lose, you can really feel bad for those caps players after game 5"

imagine if ovy scored that goal with 6 seconds left, probably a 10 min interview and showing the celebrations, but since it was rangers they showed maybe a replay, ron mclean says we will be right back to wrap
Mark - good thread.

I am unbendable on this. The bias is so strong in favour of the Capitals, it simply is not acceptable to me. I've watched and listened to every second of every game on CBC, lots of stuff that I thought crossed the line in showing favouritism.

All the sweeter when the Rangers advance to the 3rd round.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:09 AM
rangers5000

there's alot of little things i noticed to, like the "cbc close ups" where they profile a player, talking about there history, i think every player that received this has been a caps player

whats weird to me is i get the favoritism in round 1, but 2 american teams why are they favoring the caps

rangers would give cbc bigger numbers in round 3, rangers play a very "canadian" or a "north american" style game, caps are lead by superstar russian players
rangers are a original six team and like the wings they have a large fanbase across north america

i guess they really love the "holtby underdog story", a goalie who has 1 round vs a bruins team who never showed up, do they know that giradi/cally are blue collar "underdog" players as well

Old
05-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

The CBC coverage of the Ottawa series was awful. After that, I'm not listening to those idiots willingly ever again.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
and i find it ironic that the caps are portrayed as the underdog, when there star russian players are filthy rich, remind me how much does is ovys contract worth, rangers are very much the blu collar team
Rangers finished 1st in the East, Caps finished 7th. Like it or not, they are the underdog.

Old
05-11-2012, 08:45 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

CBC sucks, but its 100000000 times better than destroying your eardrums listening to the worst national duo in the history of hockey.

Jim Hughson is pro-Vancouver and from BC, so he hates the Rangers. Simpson is mad at Sather for cutting him. IMO put Bob Cole and Glenn Healy instead.

CBC has a Canadian agenda (naturally) which magnifies during the playoffs. They could care less about pandering to American viewers when 90 pct of Canada is tuned in to CBC every Saturday.

Right now, Holtby is the hot story in Canada.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Jersey Girl

I love how people think every announcer in the civilized world hates the Rangers.

Old
05-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I love how people think every announcer in the civilized world hates the Rangers.
yeah, i'm not seeing that either.

there are some announcers i cant stand..

RJ from Buffalo, the guys in Pittsburgh, Boston, Washington, Tampa...Chico.

those guys are tough on the ears or are such ridiculously biased announcers that it's just not worth listening to them.

we're spoiled with Sam, JD and Joe. 3 damn good announcers.

Hatred for the Rangers? I'm not seeing it. Ive been pretty happy with Doc, Eddie and Pierre. My biggest complaint has been Docs inability to get names right when doing the actual play by play. but Ranger hate? I'm not seeing/hearing it.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote