HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECSF Game 6: Rangers @ Caps. 7:30pm. VC. 5.9.2012 (Return of the Ward Thread)

Old
05-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Holtby is married...?

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:04 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

vCash: 500
engaged

05-11-2012, 04:14 AM
Keifer

Canucks fan here, i am new to these boards but just wanted to drop by and say im rooting for you to win the cup.

Thank you for eliminating boston and hope you guys whoop new york in game 7

Keifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

So! All 4 Young Guns are good in playoffs for the first time?

Anyone disagree?

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:21 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

The young guns may be young but they have matured. Nick and Green may even be getting better in this series, if true presumed from coming back from injuries and slowly finding their confidence and game. But I also believe Dale has adjusted and told Green to bring offense. But its more than that, he looks faster too.

Semin has impressed the least but the B's and Rags are fine defensive teams so he won't easily score. But I have been happy with his effort level.

Ovi is doing well, not letting his limited TOI have him sulking and sullen. I have seen him buying in blocking shots more in this series alone, players thanking him, the message is getting through. Defensive awareness is now on his radar. If he gets an ENG tomorrow night it will be a top moment in Caps history.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
engaged
Well, damn...the guy is barely a year older than me. It seems like a lot of NHL players get married really young. Good for him I guess.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Blades of steel
log off.

The mullet curse is on the Rangers now.

Blades of steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:36 AM
marcel snapshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of steel View Post
The mullet curse is on the Rangers now.
Saw that on NHL Network last night - the Melrose Contrarian Oscillator has swung back in our favor. He said hockey fans should be rooting for a Rangers-Devils Eastern Conference final.

marcel snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:06 AM
tycoonheart

Chimmers interview on 101 this morning.

Was raving about Backstrom. Saying how he is always talking to his linemates on what they want to do, where they want to be. And he remembers what they say and makes things happen during game, knows where the puck should go and where his linemates will be.

No doubt Nicky is our best player.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:11 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
No doubt Nicky is our best player.
hook me up with some of what you are smoking!!!

Our best player wears #8.

Other teams know it as does the whole galaxy. Other teams fans crap their pants when #8 takes flight with the puck down the wing.

Other teams players MUST know where he is on the ice whether he has the puck or not for they could get blasted into little bits or be viciously embarrassed.

There is a reason why, despite whoever he plays with, AO draws the other teams top dmen.

In this series the Rags took what Boston did to another level. Not only did they start matching a dpairing against #8 but they are matching a forward line on him too.

He puts a great deal of FEAR into the opposition that maybe only 2 or 3 other players in the NHL do.

Backstrom is an all world outstanding player. But lets not go overboard...

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:14 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
So! All 4 Young Guns are good in playoffs for the first time?

Anyone disagree?
Two of them are great. One is adequate in half of his game, and one has had patches of solid play.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

You're wrong Bob.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:20 AM
usiel

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
hook me up with some of what you are smoking!!!

Our best player wears #8.

Other teams know it as does the whole galaxy. Other teams fans crap their pants when #8 takes flight with the puck down the wing.

Other teams players MUST know where he is on the ice whether he has the puck or not for they could get blasted into little bits or be viciously embarrassed.

There is a reason why, despite whoever he plays with, AO draws the other teams top dmen.

In this series the Rags took what Boston did to another level. Not only did they start matching a dpairing against #8 but they are matching a forward line on him too.

He puts a great deal of FEAR into the opposition that maybe only 2 or 3 other players in the NHL do.

Backstrom is an all world outstanding player. But lets not go overboard...
This. How the hell is tinner and usiel on the same page this season. I blame 4th edition.

05-11-2012, 09:20 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
You're wrong Bob.
You take #8 for granite Braden C!

Other teams don't specifically gameplan around Backstrom. They respect him for sure.

The first thing they do when they know they are playing the Caps is address how they gameplan for Ovechkin.

I have NEVER seen a player who can score from anywhere inside the blueline on a frikin wrist shot! Add to the fact that this player can skate, is huge, crushes fools and can make you like silly with a wicked toe drag.

OT playoff game...every opposing fan in the league would say the least player they want to see streaking down the wing with the puck is #8.

Ovechkin commands enormous respect. You sleep on him for a second and he will burn you.

He may not be able to do the things he used to as often but its still in him capable of errupting at any moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
This. How the hell is tinner and usiel on the same page this season. I blame 4th edition.
Haha...you are slowly learning thats for sure!

Old
05-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
You take #8 for granite Braden C!

Other teams don't specifically gameplan around Backstrom. They respect him for sure.

The first thing they do when they know they are playing the Caps is address how they gameplan for Ovechkin.

I have NEVER seen a player who can score from anywhere inside the blueline on a frikin wrist shot! Add to the fact that this player can skate, is huge, crushes fools and can make you like silly with a wicked toe drag.

OT playoff game...every opposing fan in the league would say the least player they want to see streaking down the wing with the puck is #8.

Ovechkin commands enormous respect. You sleep on him for a second and he will burn you.

He may not be able to do the things he used to as often but its still in him capable of errupting at any moment.

Haha...you are slowly learning thats for sure!

Ok... None of this means Ovie is the better hockey player. More dangerous, sure. But Backstrom clearly has surpassed him, quietly, in skills.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:26 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Ok... None of this means Ovie is the better hockey player. More dangerous, sure. But Backstrom clearly has surpassed him, quietly, in skills.
If other teams could pick 1 player on the Caps they want on their team then all 29 GMs would take Ovechkin. There wouldn't even be a second thought.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:26 AM
tycoonheart

Ovi is no doubt one of our best assets. He's the most dangerous player on the team. And still one of the most dangerous in the entire league.

I got love for Ovi. I hope he stays with Washington for his entire career. Wouldn't want to see the guy go anywhere else.

I don't want to get into this argument and 'devalue' Ovi's worth.

Its just that I am in love with Backstrom's play as of recent.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:32 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Its just that I am in love with Backstrom's play as of recent.
As well you should be! Backstrom's return is why we are here in the first place. We would have gone nowhere without him and his play on the ice demonstrates that.

But think of it...

Lets say the other teams put their Chara's and Giradi's on Backstrom. Let's say they instruct their forwards to not take too many chances when he's on the ice like they do with AO.

Let's say they put their secondary defenders on AO.

What do you think would result out of this? I KNOW what would have happened and so do the opposing coaches!

We are just so spoiled with AO that we forget how good he really is.

And man can the kid hit!

Old
05-11-2012, 09:49 AM
sens4life
CLASSLESS

Sens fan coming in support of the Caps...#RedNationUnite

Beat those Rangers guys!!!!

GO CAPS!

sens4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:57 AM
marcel snapshot

Ovi is the most skilled and dangerous individual on the team (more so than Sasha, because of the physical dimension).

Nick's our best team player. He makes everyone around him better and more dangerous.

Ovi requires others to help him be what he is -- to mitigate the high-risk side of his high-risk/high-reward make-up. That's why IMO Dale has put him with Laich and Brouwer. Ovi can be Ovi, and those guys can help cover for his defensive shortcomings. You don't want Nick having to do that, because it sacrifices too much of the team's offense.

marcel snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:10 AM
BamaCapsFan

I too would have to say Backstrom is more important to us than Ovie. Does that mean Ovie < Backstrom or vice versa? No, but to our organization and our winning, lately, it's Backstrom who leads by example, and Ovie who has taken his time in coming along, slowly getting with the program (thank God)

BamaCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:18 AM
BobRouse

The Tinner gives you all a big...

Old
05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

I still think Backstrom is our playoff MVP (besides Holtby). Ovechkin is Ovechkin, but Backstrom is more valueable player. He is the one who control the game.

Ovechkin is just a very powerful weapon. But Backstrom is MVP. If it makes any sense to you

Without Backstrom we are toast. Without OV we are still the capable team. Center vs winger. No chance by design. No offense.

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Atlas

4 min TOI for Ovie Sat night. Hat trick (including empty netter). Caps win. Torts goes into a coma.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Lawrencejame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
I still think Backstrom is our playoff MVP (besides Holtby). Ovechkin is Ovechkin, but Backstrom is more valueable player. He is the one who control the game.

Ovechkin is just a very powerful weapon. But Backstrom is MVP. If it makes any sense to you

Without Backstrom we are toast. Without OV we are still the capable team. Center vs winger. No chance by design. No offense.
Without either we dont have a chance, but if you had to pick one for mvp, no doubt its ovechkin.

If boston and rangers top defensive pair were against backstrom (if ovi wasnt on the team), we would all be talking about what a huge let down backstrom is...he wouldnt be doing nearly as well as he is now...

Really funny how many caps disrespect and under appreciate ovechkin...o well

Lawrencejame is offline   Reply With Quote