HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Ticket Prices & Availability (PART II)

Old
05-11-2012, 07:28 AM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
I will be there on saturday night but I wouldnt feel guilty if I sold my $112 tickets for $350 each. I have a 6000 dollar bill to pay for next season and a potential 4800 bill for all of this years playoff tickets. So dont assume everyone selling their tickets for exorbitant prices is getting rich and doesnt care about the Rangers. I'm sure there are a lot of die hard sth's that need to scrape together a lot of money by Sunday morning when they may get billed for the next round.
Exactly. I have 3 guys I have been selling tickets to for a while. Frankly, I wasn't interested in spending all that money for a first or second round game. So, I sold each of them 1 game for the first 2 rounds. Gave them 1, 2, or 5. Just turns out, I couldn't attend either game 7. So, put on stubhub and made some money to off-set my costs for hopefully rounds 3 and 4. Still plan on selling games 1 and 2 for the next round should they win saturday. Not sure on potential finals as my brother will be in and out of NY for most of June. He just came home from Afghanistan a few weeks ago. Out in California now. Has leave the end of May til July 1st. July 1st he will be stationed in Quantico, so he and his wife will be down in the DC area a few times looking for a place to live. If he is home, might go to the first 2 games with him and 5 and 7 with my wife. If he is not home, will likely sell the first 2 for a nice profit to off-set my costs. Anyone who wants to complain about, well take a number and wait your turn because frankly I don't care. Get your own season tickets and you can do the same. Can't afford it? Cry me a river. I started with season tickets when I was 22 and making $300 a week as a cold caller. I had also moved out of my parents house. I simply umpired baseball all summer, reffed football in the fall and spring and saved all that money so I could buy my tickets until I started making better money. Back then, there was no chance to make a profit on these tickets. Now there is, and I plan to take advantage. I dont need to go to every game.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:37 AM
nyr406

Game 1 & 2 for Round 3

Section 406
Row E
4 Tickets available

$450 per pair

Please PM if interested

Last edited by nyr406: 05-11-2012 at 09:11 AM.
nyr406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:53 AM
RangerFan09

Looking for 1 ticket in 300s, PM me if anybody has something available.

RangerFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:56 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyankeesguy View Post
Not odd, it's dynamic pricing.
Odd because the Rangers never said they do dynamic pricing. The Knicks have said that, and looks like the Rangers have followed suit. Makes complete sense for them, if the cheapest ticket on stubhub is $240, why would they sell tickets for $125. In many cities fans would flip out and it would be a PR disaster if the team did that

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:58 AM
seanaveryfan

Anyone have an extra single ticket for sale for tomorrow? PM me!

seanaveryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:57 AM
patnyrnyg

never mind. thought he meant for the 3rd round, not the 2nd.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:04 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
If anything goes on sale, then TicketMaster gets more money and less to StubHub if the person decides to resell it. Someone has got to compete with SH and looks like TM can control the secondary ticket market is they want.
not really. by upping the pricing, it makes it less advantageous to even bother with ticketmaster. If ticketmaster wanted to compete with stubhub they would decrease their fees to make the prices better. Realistically though, ticketmaster has no interest in selling tickets as a primary seller. No doubt in my mind they are putting tickets directly onto ticketsnow for what they deem fair market value.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:13 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
not really. by upping the pricing, it makes it less advantageous to even bother with ticketmaster. If ticketmaster wanted to compete with stubhub they would decrease their fees to make the prices better. Realistically though, ticketmaster has no interest in selling tickets as a primary seller. No doubt in my mind they are putting tickets directly onto ticketsnow for what they deem fair market value.
Have to disagree with both your points. On (1) upping the price, they are not upping to market value, they are upping to about 25% below (inc fees), that still makes it most advantageous to buy from ticketmaster than stubhub (plus fees). On (2) ticketmaster's interest, primary sales are its bread and butter. They make a fortune in ticket fees on shear volume. Whereas 75% of inventory for a typical event will pass through their site for primary sales, maybe 33% at best go through a secondary marketplace. It's a steady, dependable business that generates tens of millions in profits. They definitely want to be in the resale market to capture that part of the pie too, but to say that it has "no interest in selling tickets as a primary seller" is not correct

Old
05-11-2012, 09:14 AM
RangerFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan09 View Post
Looking for 1 ticket in 300s, PM me if anybody has something available.
Now looking for two tickets, my friend has decided he wants to go. So PM me with anything or you can email me at rangers148816@yahoo.com

RangerFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Abooch68

deleted

Last edited by Abooch68: 05-12-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:22 AM
dubidubidu

Has anyone bought from the new Rangers ticket exchange yet?

Are all the fees ridiculously expensive? I remember the old ticket exchange was only about $5/ticket extra, I just tried to buy 2 for tomorrow and its almost $45/ticket in service fees! Are they kidding?

dubidubidu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubidubidu View Post
Has anyone bought from the new Rangers ticket exchange yet?

Are all the fees ridiculously expensive? I remember the old ticket exchange was only about $5/ticket extra, I just tried to buy 2 for tomorrow and its almost $45/ticket in service fees! Are they kidding?
they're also charging the seller 15%, rather than the 5% ticketexchange took..

can anyone confirm the ticket exchange fee they tack on?

trueblue9441 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:29 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

What what a ripoff. Reminds me of razorgator that charges 25% to the buyer. They are extorting that fee based on "ticketmaster authentication"

The government needs to pass a law that forces all events to provide free barcode validation to the general public so that companies like ticketmaster & stubhub wouldn't be able to get a monopoly on ticket verification

Old
05-11-2012, 09:42 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Have to disagree with both your points. On (1) upping the price, they are not upping to market value, they are upping to about 25% below (inc fees), that still makes it most advantageous to buy from ticketmaster than stubhub (plus fees). On (2) ticketmaster's interest, primary sales are its bread and butter. They make a fortune in ticket fees on shear volume. Whereas 75% of inventory for a typical event will pass through their site for primary sales, maybe 33% at best go through a secondary marketplace. It's a steady, dependable business that generates tens of millions in profits. They definitely want to be in the resale market to capture that part of the pie too, but to say that it has "no interest in selling tickets as a primary seller" is not correct
for smaller events yes, they want the primary ticket sales. However, for events such as Rangers play-offs that will always sell, I think they want a much bigger share of the secondary market. If they take all their tickets and put on ticketsnow, they are still all going to sell for more than face + their standard fee.

as for competing with stubhub. Aside from the Rangers, most of the tickets I purchase now are through stubhub as I often find much better prices. Even when ticketmaster is selling as a primary seller. Generally, it is a case where the team gives a HUGE break to the season ticket holder vs individual sales. The STH can make some profit and still be less than ticketmaster. Happened when I went to Dallas for Giants-Cowboys a few years ago. Bought on Stubhub for 80 each. Face was $53 each. Same section on ticketmaster would have been $110 plus ticketdisaster fees.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
they're also charging the seller 15%, rather than the 5% ticketexchange took..

can anyone confirm the ticket exchange fee they tack on?
I believe it is 17%. So, they are making 22% (5% from the seller) on each sale.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:46 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
I believe it is 17%. So, they are making 22% (5% from the seller) on each sale.
All that means is that I will selling all of my tickets on here next year

I'm so done with the Rangers trying to take advantage of us every way they can. I'm not letting it happen with this -- I'll be more than happy to make the extra effort to sell games personally rather than over this ridiculous new website.

05-11-2012, 10:01 AM
theyankeesguy*

Send a message via AIM to theyankeesguy*
Yes I have to agree with this completely. TicketMaster completely dominates the primary market, they pretty much have a monopoly.

And dynamic pricing makes sense for the Rangers, but I didn't expect it to occur, so I guess they just do whatever the want? But GOOD, go ahead and increase the prices as you see fit to decreases the profit of those who are going to resell on SH or elsewhere. TM is still cheaper then SH as Gordon said.

On your second point, I'd have no idea personally what percent of ticketmaster primary sales make it to the secondary market, and I'm sure that is a number that ticketmaster won't release either.

I would have to imagine all of this dynamic pricing is going to !@#$% SH's profits and now that the MLB is pissed that a lot of tickets are being floored at like $5 for many games. http://www.myfoxny.com/story/1766564...-ticket-prices

I really HOPE StubHub loses the MLB as a client If the MLB creates their own server to do what SH does they can control the prices and also not charge as high fees.

Why wouldn't the MLB just do this in-house if they have the resources at this point?

Quote:

theyankeesguy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:09 AM
theyankeesguy*

Ya they obviously have no loyalty whatsoever. As mentioned earlier, the Rangers seemingly rolled out dynamic pricing for this game 7.

So my question is, let's say your tickets for next year on $80 a pop for the regular season. That means if you list them on TicketExchange or whatever the Rangers partner is that charges adds on 17% the price would be roughly $94 a ticket to the buyer.

So depending on what the Game Day pricing is, and since these tickets won't less you sell for less then face value, your tickets on the rangers secondary ticket website could seemingly be more expensive then the price of the tickets on ticketmaster with the fees with dynamic pricing.

Isn't this right? IMO this completely could work against the STH and favor the primary sellers, but I guess it's New York after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
All that means is that I will selling all of my tickets on here next year

I'm so done with the Rangers trying to take advantage of us every way they can. I'm not letting it happen with this -- I'll be more than happy to make the extra effort to sell games personally rather than over this ridiculous new website.

Old
05-11-2012, 10:13 AM
theyankeesguy*

Oh, as if TicketMaster hasn't had a monopoly for the last 5+ years. Tell me another company that can rip its costumers off in millions of dollars in fees which are seemingly BS.

Read this: http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/01/...-deceptive-fe/

And tell me ticketmaster isn't already a monopoly.

I look forward to the StubHub negotiations with the MLB, the 5 year deal which started in 2007 ends at the end of this year. I have a had time imagining the MLB renewing this deal from what I read, but this would be a huge blow.

Quote:
What what a ripoff. Reminds me of razorgator that charges 25% to the buyer. They are extorting that fee based on "ticketmaster authentication"

The government needs to pass a law that forces all events to provide free barcode validation to the general public so that companies like ticketmaster & stubhub wouldn't be able to get a monopoly on ticket verification

Old
05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Yes I have to agree with this completely. TicketMaster completely dominates the primary market, they pretty much have a monopoly.

And dynamic pricing makes sense for the Rangers, but I didn't expect it to occur, so I guess they just do whatever the want? But GOOD, go ahead and increase the prices as you see fit to decreases the profit of those who are going to resell on SH or elsewhere. TM is still cheaper then SH as Gordon said.

On your second point, I'd have no idea personally what percent of ticketmaster primary sales make it to the secondary market, and I'm sure that is a number that ticketmaster won't release either.

I would have to imagine all of this dynamic pricing is going to !@#$% SH's profits and now that the MLB is pissed that a lot of tickets are being floored at like $5 for many games. http://www.myfoxny.com/story/1766564...-ticket-prices

I really HOPE StubHub loses the MLB as a client If the MLB creates their own server to do what SH does they can control the prices and also not charge as high fees.

Why wouldn't the MLB just do this in-house if they have the resources at this point?
Don't kid yourself, those cheap prices you see are the teams listing the tickets themselves. They disguise it as fans posting tickets, as if some of those teams are actually selling all those tickets to actual fans.

When I received an email about ticketsnow I questioned my rep. Asked flat out why MSG would continue to do business with such a shady company as ticketdisaster. Pointed out some of the evidence I have found to show ticketdisaster is putting tickets on ticketsnow without making them available to the public first. It would be very easy for MSG to just sell their own tickets via their own server. Not as if they do not have the resources to build and run their own server.

Old
05-11-2012, 10:38 AM
theyankeesguy*

Your second point I agree with 100%. I wonder if MSG sees any of the additional profit if the tickets go right from TicketMaster to ticketsnow? that would be BS if MSG didn't see any of that $$$$..

and your first point, i don't get. why would the yankees/angels set prices so low themselves, and them complain about the prices? read that article if you want to make a counter arguement, it's really short, but i really don't understand why the yankees/angels would fight to increase the price of tickets on stubhub and create a price floor if they are bottoming out the tickets themselves. unless its some weird business tactic that i'm not picking up on, it doesn't really make sense....so please do explain

-the yankees would only be doing this to send a message to SH IMO but i don't get why they would do that since the contract expires at the end of the season anyway.

Quote:
Don't kid yourself, those cheap prices you see are the teams listing the tickets themselves. They disguise it as fans posting tickets, as if some of those teams are actually selling all those tickets to actual fans.

When I received an email about ticketsnow I questioned my rep. Asked flat out why MSG would continue to do business with such a shady company as ticketdisaster. Pointed out some of the evidence I have found to show ticketdisaster is putting tickets on ticketsnow without making them available to the public first. It would be very easy for MSG to just sell their own tickets via their own server. Not as if they do not have the resources to build and run their own server.

Old
05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
I will be there on saturday night but I wouldnt feel guilty if I sold my $112 tickets for $350 each. I have a 6000 dollar bill to pay for next season and a potential 4800 bill for all of this years playoff tickets. So dont assume everyone selling their tickets for exorbitant prices is getting rich and doesnt care about the Rangers. I'm sure there are a lot of die hard sth's that need to scrape together a lot of money by Sunday morning when they may get billed for the next round.

THIS...EXACTLY! If you go to every playoff game, the tickets cost more than the entire season. I can choose when I can/want to go whenever I want, the bonus of being a sth. Trust me Im as die hard as they come..but Im not going to have sympathy for anyone because they cant go. I made the sacrifices to get tickets, and I also make sacrifices to sell them so I can better pay for next round and next season. In the end I dont go to all of them, but the main thing is im not in the shoes of anyone crying for tickets, they are in my hands whenever I want, and thats whats good for me. (for face value prices too)

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Exactly. I have 3 guys I have been selling tickets to for a while. Frankly, I wasn't interested in spending all that money for a first or second round game. So, I sold each of them 1 game for the first 2 rounds. Gave them 1, 2, or 5. Just turns out, I couldn't attend either game 7. So, put on stubhub and made some money to off-set my costs for hopefully rounds 3 and 4. Still plan on selling games 1 and 2 for the next round should they win saturday. Not sure on potential finals as my brother will be in and out of NY for most of June. He just came home from Afghanistan a few weeks ago. Out in California now. Has leave the end of May til July 1st. July 1st he will be stationed in Quantico, so he and his wife will be down in the DC area a few times looking for a place to live. If he is home, might go to the first 2 games with him and 5 and 7 with my wife. If he is not home, will likely sell the first 2 for a nice profit to off-set my costs. Anyone who wants to complain about, well take a number and wait your turn because frankly I don't care. Get your own season tickets and you can do the same. Can't afford it? Cry me a river. I started with season tickets when I was 22 and making $300 a week as a cold caller. I had also moved out of my parents house. I simply umpired baseball all summer, reffed football in the fall and spring and saved all that money so I could buy my tickets until I started making better money. Back then, there was no chance to make a profit on these tickets. Now there is, and I plan to take advantage. I dont need to go to every game.
This is me...exactly. Thanks for not having to make me type all that, besides the brother stuff lol. Awesome.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:02 AM
averyrule

Just bit on some tickets in 411. They better win!!!

averyrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:16 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Your second point I agree with 100%. I wonder if MSG sees any of the additional profit if the tickets go right from TicketMaster to ticketsnow? that would be BS if MSG didn't see any of that $$$$..

and your first point, i don't get. why would the yankees/angels set prices so low themselves, and them complain about the prices? read that article if you want to make a counter arguement, it's really short, but i really don't understand why the yankees/angels would fight to increase the price of tickets on stubhub and create a price floor if they are bottoming out the tickets themselves. unless its some weird business tactic that i'm not picking up on, it doesn't really make sense....so please do explain

-the yankees would only be doing this to send a message to SH IMO but i don't get why they would do that since the contract expires at the end of the season anyway.
Because the tickets are not selling at the prices which they set. So, they would rather sell the ticket for $5 then get nothing at all. With the Yankees, not saying all those seats are from the Yankees themselves, I was talking more about other teams.

Take a look at tomorrow's Orioles game.

http://www.stubhub.com/baltimore-ori...-2012-2033178/

You can get a block of seats in upper reserve 328, rows 21, 22, 23. In row 21 you can get seats 1-16. Row 2 seats 1-13, row 23 seats 1-15. Are you trying to tell me there is a fan that has that many seats at the top of the stadium for a team that doesn't sell out? Give me a break. Anyone who can afford that, will just be buying better seats. Same seat if bought through the Orioles website would be $20.25. Couldn't sell at that price so the team lowers the block on stubhub.

I read the article you posted. Implied there are teams that are satisfied with stubhub. Besides, even if they do end their agreement, not as if people (and the teams directly) wont continue to list the seats. Furthermore, there are people who buy packages to sell games even with the understanding they will have to sell some below what they paid if they feel that can be made up by selling the more popular games and play-off games at a premium. If that is taken away, the motivation for those people to continue buying packages will be minimized.