HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

The Playoff Bandwagon Fans

View Poll Results: How do you feel about all of these other teams' fans "rooting" for the Kings now?
Everyone's Welcome 107 68.59%
Everyone But Only If They Stay Fans 8 5.13%
Almost Everyone But Not Rivals 8 5.13%
Don't Really Care 35 22.44%
Most Bandwagoners Annoy 4 2.56%
All Bandwagoners Are Unwelcome! 5 3.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Homunculous

vCash: 500
I know I'm likely alone in this regard, but being a Nuggets and Kings fan this postseason has been a shock, I had every expectation for the Nuggets to get swept and the Kings to atleast stumble against the president trophy winners.

Homunculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:37 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homunculous View Post
I know I'm likely alone in this regard, but being a Nuggets and Kings fan this postseason has been a shock, I had every expectation for the Nuggets to get swept and the Kings to atleast stumble against the president trophy winners.
I know how you feel. I have a favorite team for each of the major sports and I haven't seen a long playoff run in my entire adult life. That's what happens when you pledge allegence to the Miami Dolphins, LA Kings, Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals and Vancouver/Memphis Grizzlies. When the Grizzlies won a playoff series last year that was the first time I got to see any of my teams advance past the first round in like 18 years. Right now I literally don't know how to handle all the buzz and hype over the Kings.

At least all my teams seem to be on a bit of an upswing. Well, aside from Miami. They are still lost in the woods someplace.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Everybody BUT Ducks fans should be welcome. They made their choice, some are former King fans and you cannot go back into the closet (pun intended) and start wearing that Kings jersey now.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Everybody BUT Ducks fans should be welcome. They made their choice, some are former King fans and you cannot go back into the closet (pun intended) and start wearing that Kings jersey now.
This post makes sense. And why all the SJ hate? Some of us Sharks fans followed the Kings before we got a team in the bay area and even during the early, nearly unwatchable years. No I am not bandwagoning I like cinderella stories but at the end of the day the real enemy is THE DUCKS.

I consider our franchise pretty classy and the rivalry just competitive. I was one of many there paying respects when Luc retired so don't generalize us all. I promise we aren't as bad as the Canucks and Ducks

Still have my throwback Gretzky black jersey in my closet btw

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:36 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowevelski View Post
This post makes sense. And why all the SJ hate? Some of us Sharks fans followed the Kings before we got a team in the bay area and even during the early, nearly unwatchable years. No I am not bandwagoning I like cinderella stories but at the end of the day the real enemy is THE DUCKS.
How dare you spell that team wrong... We all know the Ucks have no D...

Like I said time and time again...we're two fan bases with a common enemy...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:47 AM
StandingCow

Count me in!

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:16 AM
Dewwen

Anyone but Mighty Duck fans. Period.

Dewwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I know how you feel. I have a favorite team for each of the major sports and I haven't seen a long playoff run in my entire adult life.
Just become a bandwagon fan and you will have long playoff runs every season.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:10 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Just become a bandwagon fan and you will have long playoff runs every season.
Good logic, but I have morals.

Old
05-14-2012, 05:45 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

What up! I'm in for some Kings cups.

Who wants to make this guy the bandwagon avatar?!

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Noob616

Well I'm a Canadiens fan, I was kinda picking the Capitals as my bandwagon team for Hamrlik and Halpern, but Dale Hunter's an idiot and I'm moderately supporting the Kings at this point.

I'm a hockey fan first, and then a Canadiens fan. I've enjoyed Kings' games a lot, it's just all been such good hockey to watch. Brown is completely in beast mode, and as a goalie I'm really in awe of Quick's performance. The Kings are just an all around exciting hockey team to watch, and the depth on the roster is amazing. There's also the Richards/Carter storyline. Take the Flyers on two good playoff runs, get traded, and (hopefully) win the cup together in LA. Not to mention knocking off the Canucks in 5 games while Kesler was too busy flopping all over the ice (funny how he gets credit for hard work and the Sedins get called girls, but H.Sedin didn't whine after Brown hit him).

Out of the 4 teams left, I by far like the Kings the most. I've never been a big fan of the Devils, I can't pull for the Rangers because it's too painful (McDonagh for Gomez), and the Coyotes aren't really very fun to watch relatively speaking. Go Kings Go, and I hope for all the real Kings fans they can pull it off. The Kings have been building towards this for a long time, and it must be awesome for everything to be finally coming together.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Bexlyspeed

Isles Fan here. you guys came into nassau coliseum in jan or feb i believe and i attended the game, and even though we won (streit in OT), i was impressed by how hard you guys are to play against. very tough and fun to watch. well my hats off to the Kings for taking it to the next level in the playoffs, for me they are the best team in there and if the rags make it to the final i really need you guys to take care of them for me

Bexlyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

SENS Fan here. I`ll be wearing my Gretzky Burger King jersey routing for you guys.

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
What up! I'm in for some Kings cups.

Who wants to make this guy the bandwagon avatar?!
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1155461

Go here, bro

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
The more the merrier.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy

Sabres fan. It's been fun watching you guys roll through the playoffs. Just wondering, what's wrong with Simon Gagne? I'm guessing he's hurt...will he be back in the lineup anytime soon?

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:27 AM
SkepticalHippo

Am I the only one seeing all these kids with LA Kings hats walking around? These high school pretty boys wearing Kings gear just because its "LA"

SkepticalHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkepticalHippo View Post
Am I the only one seeing all these kids with LA Kings hats walking around? These high school pretty boys wearing Kings gear just because its "LA"
Honestly, who cares? It is what it is.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Sabres fan. It's been fun watching you guys roll through the playoffs. Just wondering, what's wrong with Simon Gagne? I'm guessing he's hurt...will he be back in the lineup anytime soon?
Suffered a concussion in December. Hasn't played since and was just cleared for contact last week.

Doubt we see him in the playoffs unless the Kings suffer several injuries.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:16 AM
oakfield

Being an Oilers fan, I cheer for the Kings every year come playoffs, seeing as we don't know what it's like anymore. I like your players, system, and coach. Obviously you have a couple ex-Oilers, which makes things fun to watch for us.

I got some ridicule for picking you guys this year, but it's panning out well! I've liked the Kings every, not just this year because you beat the Canucks (Canada DOES say thank you for that, btw). Perhaps I'm a bandwagon fan, but I hope you enjoy the run!

Go Kings.

oakfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:28 PM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

I'm a Ranger fan but my #2 team has always been the Kings(way back to the Triple Crown line).......would love for them to meet in the SCF.

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:33 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Duck fans seem pissed at the Kings success. Constantly seeing snide remarks from the "people" I know who are Duck fans.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Duck fans seem pissed at the Kings success. Constantly seeing snide remarks from the "people" I know who are Duck fans.
And your surprised by this? I would lose respect for Ducks fans if I read them rooting for us. I wanna see a Kings/Duck playoff series one day that would be great hockey.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:37 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
And your surprised by this? I would lose respect for Ducks fans if I read them rooting for us. I wanna see a Kings/Duck playoff series one day that would be great hockey.
As long as we win. I hate to have that loss lorded over us, which they would do for several years (not that we wouldn't also if we won).

Old
05-19-2012, 09:02 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Kings were my preseason pick to win it all, always liked them. I actually used to use them on Xbox for awhile. Been a big fan of Doughty and Brown for awhile...and them getting Richards finally gave me an excuse to come out and like him too(voodoo on the Bruins board to like a Flyer).

We had the same thing going last year, I think fans from other teams should be welcomed with open arms...but it is a pain in the ass when people come out of the woodworks and say "Oh I've been a Bruins fan my whole life, they finally won!" when that guy didn't even know what the hell a redline was a couple months before.

Keep it rolling baby.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote