HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Suter

Old
05-11-2012, 09:56 AM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 50
Minnesota (near his home), Detroit (if Lidstrom retires; lots of cap space) and obviously Tampa () make the most sense, IMO.

Top-5 according to Puck Daddy: Nashville, Detroit, Carolina, Minnesota, Philadelphia. http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...162956330.html

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 05-11-2012 at 10:03 AM.
LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Let me guess, Vancouver is on the "list" for him, right
I laughed

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Carolina? Wtf?

Old
05-11-2012, 10:52 AM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Carolina? Wtf?
It's crazy: They have over $20 million cap space to sign just 4 players (2 of which are RFAs): http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=10

What's their ownership situation, though? Do they have an internal cap lower than the salary cap?

Old
05-11-2012, 11:46 AM
2 Weekes Notice

I wouldn't be that thrilled about having to face Suter and/or Parise in the division, but it would be fun to be good at the same time as the Canes. That's a rivalry I enjoy, and I'd like to see it be a battle again.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:51 AM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
It's crazy: They have over $20 million cap space to sign just 4 players (2 of which are RFAs): http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=10

What's their ownership situation, though? Do they have an internal cap lower than the salary cap?
Yeah especially with Jeremy Welsh coming off the books this year.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-05-11 at 12.48.35 PM.png‎ (115.5 KB, 27 views)

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:11 PM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
Yeah especially with Jeremy Welsh coming off the books this year.
Nice!

Old
05-11-2012, 12:43 PM
HedMonster 77

why does this welsh guy has such a big cap hip???

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:24 PM
HoseEmDown

Carolina might have the cap space but I don't see the need for them. They aren't close to being a contender, have a solid young D but lack scoring, see them in for Parise only. I don't know why people wanna play for Detroit, it's a crappy city and a team on a serious decline soon.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:40 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I don't know why people wanna play for Detroit, it's a crappy city and a team on a serious decline soon.
Tradition of winning, prospect pool is now better than ever.

There are some nice suburbans in Detroit area. Grosse Pointe, Farmington Hills, Royal Oak, Bloomfield Hills, I think Sterling Heights among others..

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:18 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Tradition of winning, prospect pool is now better than ever.

There are some nice suburbans in Detroit area. Grosse Pointe, Farmington Hills, Royal Oak, Bloomfield Hills, I think Sterling Heights among others..
I wouldn't say their prospect pool is better than ever, they do have some decent prospects but they always do. If tradition of winning was a factor the Canadiens would get every FA.

Old
05-11-2012, 03:18 PM
MrMcGz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligthningstrikes View Post
how about 7-8 years 5.5mil. cap hit
That works too.

MrMcGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 09:55 AM
HoseEmDown

On the main trade board there's a thread about Weber and Suter wanting to play together. I proposed an offer of Hedman + Brewer + Malone + Det 1st. I'm not sure what fellow bolts fans would think of that. It's a lot especially since Suters a UFA but we'd have to move those 3 for cap reasons to fit the 2 of them. We wouldn't need to trade for a big time goalie and can get a cheap UFA and have a platoon with Garon. I think it'll take us back to being a contender.

Old
05-12-2012, 11:11 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
On the main trade board there's a thread about Weber and Suter wanting to play together. I proposed an offer of Hedman + Brewer + Malone + Det 1st. I'm not sure what fellow bolts fans would think of that. It's a lot especially since Suters a UFA but we'd have to move those 3 for cap reasons to fit the 2 of them. We wouldn't need to trade for a big time goalie and can get a cheap UFA and have a platoon with Garon. I think it'll take us back to being a contender.
Thats kind of silly. While they'd be a great pairing to have, thats just unrealistic.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
lulz

Old
05-12-2012, 11:20 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Thats kind of silly. While they'd be a great pairing to have, thats just unrealistic.
How's that unrealistic?

Old
05-12-2012, 11:51 AM
HedMonster 77

if Detroit gets Suter and Lidstrom stays for another 1-2 years. We should go after Niklas Kronwall - he can get us some offense, big and clean hits - i don't see any of our D to be much of a hitter, has toughness - something we lack. Overall for our future we can't go wrong by getting a Swedish D like Kronwall or Brodin,

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:59 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
If tradition of winning was a factor the Canadiens would get every FA.
Canadiens haven't been contenders for every year for the last two decades and don't have most cups in that time period.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:04 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
if Detroit gets Suter and Lidstrom stays for another 1-2 years. We should go after Niklas Kronwall - he can get us some offense, big and clean hits - i don't see any of our D to be much of a hitter, has toughness - something we lack. Overall for our future we can't go wrong by getting a Swedish D like Kronwall or Brodin,
I doubt either team would want to give up for them, unless ridiculous overpayment. Enström might be easier to get.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:07 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
How's that unrealistic?
Two top four defenders including a kid you drafted second overall and just committed to over the next six years or so, a top six forward and a first rounder? You dont see this as a significant, almost unrealistic shift?

Not to mention, Nashville would want more forwards I would think. They need top flight scoring. Connolly, Killorn, Conacher.

Last edited by The Fear Boners: 05-12-2012 at 12:19 PM.
The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:25 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Canadiens haven't been contenders for every year for the last two decades and don't have most cups in that time period.
They still have the greatest tradition of winning in all hockey, NJ did get Kovalchuk but they haven't attracted many FA's and they've won 3 cups.

Old
05-12-2012, 01:33 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Two top four defenders including a kid you drafted second overall and just committed to over the next six years or so, a top six forward and a first rounder? You dont see this as a significant, almost unrealistic shift?

Not to mention, Nashville would want more forwards I would think. They need top flight scoring. Connolly, Killorn, Conacher.
Did I say it was definatly going to happen, no. I was seeing what others would think would be fair, I dont think it's even that far off. It's been reported that they want to play together, maybe it's not for the Preds, so I'm sure Nashville will want to get something before they walk. Suters a UFA so his value isnt as much and if you know Weber will leave the season after to follow his value slightly drops. I like Hedman and his potential but for the two of them it's worth it. Preds swap 2 27 years old for a 33 and 21, Malone would have to go for cap reasons, sending the 1st let's us keep our young fowards. I know Nashville would want more but if the two make it known that want out and to certain teams it lowers their value. Is it gonna happen, probably not but that's what this sites about, throwing out dream proposals.

Old
05-12-2012, 02:04 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
I don't like it. The team actually gets worse.

Our top defensive pairing gets beter at the expense of:
- Our top6 group of forwards getting worse
- Losing a first round pick
- Having about 30mil tied up in 4 players Vinny/Stammer/Weber/Suter
- Increasing our teams total cap hit

Also, Brewer and Malone both have NTCs.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:37 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
I don't like it. The team actually gets worse.

Our top defensive pairing gets beter at the expense of:
- Our top6 group of forwards getting worse
- Losing a first round pick
- Having about 30mil tied up in 4 players Vinny/Stammer/Weber/Suter
- Increasing our teams total cap hit

Also, Brewer and Malone both have NTCs.
I understand your arguments, but I'll try to counter. Losing Malone would take away our most physical foward and a 20 goal scorer, we have 4 other 20 goal scorers so scorings not an issue preventing goals is and would help there. We could put Connolly and CC on Vinnys line and would lose grit but increase speed and skill, they may not put up 20 but I can see them getting close. Malone has only got a couple of decent years left, so it just pushes our younge players up faster. The 1st this year isn't gonna contribute for 2-3 if it even makes an impact. The money it would cost is the biggest issue, maybe we can work a deal to get the cap hit manageable. It's deffinatly a gamble but I would at least attempt it.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
why does this welsh guy has such a big cap hip???
When a one-year contract containing bonuses is signed after the season has started, and is effective for the then-current season, the standard cap-hit formula is adjusted to the following:

[ ( base salary * days remaining in season / days in season ) + total signing and performance bonuses ] * days in season / days remaining in season

Examples of this in the past are entry-level contracts for Welsh with Carolina and Jesse Winchester with Ottawa in 2007-08 and Mats Sundin's one-year deal with Vancouver in 2008-09.

JEREMY WELSH

Base: $832,500
Signing bonus: $92,500
Performance bonus: $0
Signed on: April 7, 2012
Days in season: 185
Days remaining: 1

[ ( $832,500 * 1 / 185 ) + $92,500 ] * 185 / 1 = $17,945,000

http://capgeek.com/faq/is-jeremy-wel...hit-a-typo.php

JT Brown would have had a ridiculous looking cap hit like Welsh, but his bonuses come into effect next season.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 05-12-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote