HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you dress Zucc Game 7 for PP?

Old
05-11-2012, 08:50 AM
JanErixon20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Funny cause he is skating with the team and is NOT in a non-contact jersey. Sorry people want to discuss this topic because he could potentially change our PP with limited ice time. If you want to close a thread become a moderator, but you come off like a fool for posting in it.
MZA said he's not ready. The team has ruled him out. What's is there to discuss now? Maybe for the next series, if there is one, he's an option.

Steve Zipay tweets that all of the healthy Rangers are on the ice today at the Verizon Center and that includes the Mats Zuccarello, even though Zucc has been ruled out for this series.

Andrew Gross@AGrossRecord
Mats Zuccarello update: He says timetable on injury was 6-8 weeks. He's at six weeks now but he says he's not ready yet.

Last edited by JanErixon20: 05-11-2012 at 08:56 AM.
JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:41 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
That's all fine but Hagelin played with the team all year--Torts has more reason to trust him because he knows him better and the team exploits his speed against other teams. Kreider arguably only got to play because of lack of forward depth after Hags got suspended and it became a choice between him and John Scott--and Holtby's opportunity came because of late season injuries to Vokoun and Neuvirth. Kreider was really a backup plan and Holtby was a lucky accident and to be honest Holtby's had a couple cracks already--has played great for a while and then lost it. This is his most sustained period of success and it doesn't hurt that his defense has circled the wagons around him.

As for MZA--no way I'm putting him in a Game 7--if you're talking Game 2 or 3 in the next round (if we make it) then maybe--depending but I think some people need to keep in mind there's a good reason why he's had such a hard time making the NHL--he's a creative player but his size and defensive awareness can be exploited by the opposition. And the fact is that creative as he is--he's not going to necessarily make the pwp that much better. He had 3 points in 10 games with us this year.
Played on the fourth line in all those games. What did u expect? U can put Gaborik together with Scott and Rupp and see how many goals he would score. In the first 3 games, zuke only played on the 4th line. I cant rem seeing him on the pp....

Zuke played 7 games in a row before he got injured. He got injured early in a game vs sabres ( i think) so that game shouldnt count. So we got 6 games and he got 2 goals and 1 assist + alot of shots that hit the post. Zuke got 0,5 point pr game.

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:07 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Played on the fourth line in all those games. What did u expect? U can put Gaborik together with Scott and Rupp and see how many goals he would score. In the first 3 games, zuke only played on the 4th line. I cant rem seeing him on the pp....

Zuke played 7 games in a row before he got injured. He got injured early in a game vs sabres ( i think) so that game shouldnt count. So we got 6 games and he got 2 goals and 1 assist + alot of shots that hit the post. Zuke got 0,5 point pr game.
You're correct--that is where practically every new (young) player starts though whether they have lots of talent or not--in a sense it's a way of easing the player in and at the same time giving the coaching staff a window to evaluate the said player--strengths-weaknesses. And Zucc got a decent amount of pwp time--so it wasn't like he didn't have any chance to show the better parts of his game and he did pretty well at that. OTOH that doesn't mean though that those areas he may be deficient in are any better.

Torts relies a lot on trust--evaluating the components of his team over a period of time. That's caused another debate in this forum over whether Kreider is getting enough of a chance. Torts shows his trust sometimes in how he allots special teams ice time--moreso the pk than the pwp IMO though. It is what it is. The team has had a great year so far and it's hard to argue that we're not making progress. This next game--do or die is of particular importance. My own outlook on the Rangers at the beginning of the season was that a 4 to 6 seed was within our reach and would represent real progress. We did way better than that and as the season went along I began to think that anything less than the conference finals was going to be a disappointment--we're a game away from that and honestly I think we can beat the Devils (though the reverse is true as well I think we have a few edges). These claims by some that Torts doesn't know what he's doing are more than a little ****ed up--they also suggest that the claimant does know--which is even more ****ed up. In any case I think the management and coaching staffs of the Rangers have earned the right to be not second guessed at least until the off season hits.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:52 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
You're correct--that is where practically every new (young) player starts though whether they have lots of talent or not--in a sense it's a way of easing the player in and at the same time giving the coaching staff a window to evaluate the said player--strengths-weaknesses. And Zucc got a decent amount of pwp time--so it wasn't like he didn't have any chance to show the better parts of his game and he did pretty well at that. OTOH that doesn't mean though that those areas he may be deficient in are any better.

Torts relies a lot on trust--evaluating the components of his team over a period of time. That's caused another debate in this forum over whether Kreider is getting enough of a chance. Torts shows his trust sometimes in how he allots special teams ice time--moreso the pk than the pwp IMO though. It is what it is. The team has had a great year so far and it's hard to argue that we're not making progress. This next game--do or die is of particular importance. My own outlook on the Rangers at the beginning of the season was that a 4 to 6 seed was within our reach and would represent real progress. We did way better than that and as the season went along I began to think that anything less than the conference finals was going to be a disappointment--we're a game away from that and honestly I think we can beat the Devils (though the reverse is true as well I think we have a few edges). These claims by some that Torts doesn't know what he's doing are more than a little ****ed up--they also suggest that the claimant does know--which is even more ****ed up. In any case I think the management and coaching staffs of the Rangers have earned the right to be not second guessed at least until the off season hits.
I think zuke has been much better then many other young talents. The biggest slovakian talent Tatar played 9 games for the wings and only scored 1 goal. Niederreiter played 55 games for the islanders and only scored 1 goal and 0 assists. So there are many young and talented players in the league, that got alot more ice time then zuke and still did not produce.

But i see ur point. The rangers play allmost the same kind of hockey as the norwegian national team. Its all about the defensive system. All 4 lines need to be strong defensivly.

I understand that and I understand that (maybe) zuke dosent fit in. But on the PP he should be on the ice.

Personally I think that zuke should be traded. He dosent fit in. Perhaps he can go to the blue jackets in a Nash trade or something....

Old
05-11-2012, 12:28 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
I think zuke has been much better then many other young talents. The biggest slovakian talent Tatar played 9 games for the wings and only scored 1 goal. Niederreiter played 55 games for the islanders and only scored 1 goal and 0 assists. So there are many young and talented players in the league, that got alot more ice time then zuke and still did not produce.

But i see ur point. The rangers play allmost the same kind of hockey as the norwegian national team. Its all about the defensive system. All 4 lines need to be strong defensivly.

I understand that and I understand that (maybe) zuke dosent fit in. But on the PP he should be on the ice.

Personally I think that zuke should be traded. He dosent fit in. Perhaps he can go to the blue jackets in a Nash trade or something....
By the way beer is my friend too.

If MZA comes back he really needs to win a permanent job in training camp. That's going to be tough to do if he can't play on the top 2 lines. The rest of the forwards bring board work, physical play and/or fighting, penalty killing, good to very good defensive awareness. Those are not his strengths and for a smaller player he's not very speedy. His game is hand and puck skills, passing and intuition--like a smaller version of Stepan. I don't think he's a great fit here but there are probably a few teams he could help out--Minnesota (which is by the way--a very Scandinavian friendly place), Columbus, Calgary, Dallas, Carolina might be some options. I'd mention Buffalo but between Ennis and Gerbe--they've already got two very small skilled forwards.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:50 PM
SERE 24
LGR

MZA's contract is up. I'm not sure he is re-signed, meaning he won't have the opportunity to earn a spot in camp. If is re-signed, I don't see him cracking the roster (he's only really effective as a top-six player and he's not beating out Hagelin, Kreider, Gaborik, Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov all as potential wing options for top-six combinations). Maybe he will sign somewhere else or his rights will be dealt during the draft and he will find success wherever he ends up next. As for dressing him in these playoffs, if it's going to happen, there's no way it would happen in a game 7, as the thread title suggests. If we advance and he does manage to get into some games, he'll have the chance to prove he should be re-signed by coming in in the next round and really proving himself. Otherwise I can't see him in the organization next year.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:52 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
By the way beer is my friend too.

If MZA comes back he really needs to win a permanent job in training camp. That's going to be tough to do if he can't play on the top 2 lines. The rest of the forwards bring board work, physical play and/or fighting, penalty killing, good to very good defensive awareness. Those are not his strengths and for a smaller player he's not very speedy. His game is hand and puck skills, passing and intuition--like a smaller version of Stepan. I don't think he's a great fit here but there are probably a few teams he could help out--Minnesota (which is by the way--a very Scandinavian friendly place), Columbus, Calgary, Dallas, Carolina might be some options. I'd mention Buffalo but between Ennis and Gerbe--they've already got two very small skilled forwards.
Yupp I agree. Oilers, blue jackets, Avs, wild etc should fit him. Zuke need a coach that will give him a chance on the top 2 lines and he must play on a team that is offensive and more european. Perhaps he can make it in the wings (if they got many injuries etc). Its hard to say what zuke should do, but he dont fit the rangers. Its just that easy!

I also think that zuke would be great in the khl (bigger ice, more space and lots of money. Thats good for him ) Im just worried that zuke wastes his best years in the ahl. He is a GREAT player and probably the best norwegian forward ever. Imo zuke is one of the best players in the world on big ice. He got more time to do those smart plays + his size isnt a problem. Thats just my opinion

And yeah beer and booze are my two best friends

Old
05-11-2012, 12:52 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
even if he's 75% it's a wrist injury lol

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:08 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Good point. In fact I think this kind of injury will never recover 100%. But as you say, no problem to live with a twinge of pain now and then. The important thing is that the wrist is healed enought to sustain the pressure and movements you need to play hockey.
Not to forget,his wrist has to be ready for some slashing to. I really hope they don`t play him before The Stanly cup Final,if neaded and if he is 100 % healthy/healed.

I`m not sure I want him to play at all this year. A nasty slashing could ruin his hole career.
Come back strong and kill the camp in september Zucc,and be traded to a smaller market team.

That said, Go Rangers. The Cup is waiting

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
MZA's contract is up. I'm not sure he is re-signed, meaning he won't have the opportunity to earn a spot in camp. If is re-signed, I don't see him cracking the roster (he's only really effective as a top-six player and he's not beating out Hagelin, Kreider, Gaborik, Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov all as potential wing options for top-six combinations). Maybe he will sign somewhere else or his rights will be dealt during the draft and he will find success wherever he ends up next. As for dressing him in these playoffs, if it's going to happen, there's no way it would happen in a game 7, as the thread title suggests. If we advance and he does manage to get into some games, he'll have the chance to prove he should be re-signed by coming in in the next round and really proving himself. Otherwise I can't see him in the organization next year.
its only 850K to qualify him on a 1 yr deal. Why in the world would they not give that for a talented guy? Worst case is he's a spare and best case he helps out the PP.

Also he would still have trade value

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:11 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Expecting a guy to come off of an injury--after what 6 weeks?--and his first game back in is a do or die game 7 situation and expect he will change the whole dynamic of our pwp seems a little ridiculous. Our pwp by the way has not been horrible--we've scored 9 goals in 13 games which is at least somewhat respectable. Scoring five on five seems more the problem to me. We're not getting much from our bottom lines either.

Here's another thing--MZA has played in one NHL playoff game in his life. He's spent a good part of the past two seasons in the AHL--so he's kind of a borderline NHL'er at the moment and like it or not his size can be an issue and again throwing him into the lineup in a do or die situation after missing several weeks with an injury reeks of desperation. I don't think it would be smart at all.
Agreed 100 %

Old
05-11-2012, 01:18 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
its only 850K to qualify him on a 1 yr deal. Why in the world would they not give that for a talented guy? Worst case is he's a spare and best case he helps out the PP.

I don't think he has much trade value and there's no saying he accepts his QO to stay in NY where he may really be in CT for most of the season. I think his rights will accompany a pick in some kind of deal around the draft personally, if not simply to give the player a chance somewhere else.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:27 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anofsti View Post
He does have SEL playoff experience, AHL playoff experience, World Championship experience AND Olympic experience.
Three rights and one wrong. His got no SEL PO experience.

Old
05-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

i think the real question is whether he will sign or not. he doesn't want to spend his life in the ahl. if that's the case he'd much rather play in the khl.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
i think the real question is whether he will sign or not. he doesn't want to spend his life in the ahl. if that's the case he'd much rather play in the khl.
As I see it that is not even a question. The kid wants to play in the NHL, he will sign.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:02 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Very intelligent post, I see you know a lot about hockey.
Your right.I know nothing about hockey.

Quote:
For all the morons out there.
Nice attitude,im sure you have an amazing social life and TONS of friends with that attitude.

Quote:
He should not see any even strength ice time, only PP time.
LOl,thats makes SOOOO much sense.Lets just double shift players,wear them ot and even put them at risk.Any common sense would tell you a full 4 lines is most effective.

Quote:
Your argument about no P.O. experience is a good one, guess we should just have benched Hagelin for the playoffs and never signed Kreider. Get the **** out of here.
I never argued with anyone.

Quote:
Your argument about no P.O. experience is a good one, guess we should just have benched Hagelin for the playoffs and never signed Kreider. Get the **** out of here.
Did I say that? I said we dont need another one/player with no P.O expierience is a must.Only one I would sit is Mitchell if MZA was going to play.The kid is cold,ineffective anyway,not ready to just jump into a series like that.You think he is going to really rejuvenate the PP that much,lol....your a funny kid.

MZA offers nothing.He will be back in eurpope before you know it,if not remain in the AHL.

Also by reading your posts you sound like a spoiled brat,when you dont hear what you want.That attitude will change with age and maturity.

Last edited by JayQueensNY88*: 05-11-2012 at 06:12 PM.
JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

watch Kreider get scratched over Mitchell when Zucc comes back

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
As I see it that is not even a question. The kid wants to play in the NHL, he will sign.
you're right-- he wants to play in the nhl. if he's playing in the ahl the whole season then he's not playing in the nhl--and that is something that zucc and his agent will undoubtedly consider. if it's a matter of playing in the ahl for new york or the nhl for another team i'd say he would prefer the ahl for another team--perhaps where he can make a difference and gets more respect from the coaching staff. (he got sent down over christensen AND avery to start the season after working his ass off in the summer. as far as i see it this team has disrespected zuc and didn't give him a fair chance. you have to consider the fact that they may not play him next year and that isn't what he wants.)

Old
05-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
watch Kreider get scratched over Mitchell when Zucc comes back
imo rupp is the odd man out if they want to play zucc-- big if.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:24 PM
KenGuru

What does Hagelin bring to the table ? 1 assist in 10 playoffgame ? I dont care how good he is in defense. If Hagelin is gonna be a 1 st liner in Rangers I would recommend Zucca to find another club, because he will not get a spot in top 6.

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
you're right-- he wants to play in the nhl. if he's playing in the ahl the whole season then he's not playing in the nhl--and that is something that zucc and his agent will undoubtedly consider. if it's a matter of playing in the ahl for new york or the nhl for another team i'd say he would prefer the ahl for another team--perhaps where he can make a difference and gets more respect from the coaching staff. (he got sent down over christensen AND avery to start the season after working his ass off in the summer. as far as i see it this team has disrespected zuc and didn't give him a fair chance. you have to consider the fact that they may not play him next year and that isn't what he wants.)
that was meant as a respose to the guy (i suppose) saying that Zucc will leave for KHL or Sweden. He will do whatever it takes to stay in NA and get onto a NHL roster. He has said many times he wants to play for NYR, and he will fight for it.
He will not be running back to europe

Old
05-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
imo rupp is the odd man out if they want to play zucc-- big if.
IMO Feds is the guy he will push out of the line up, if not Kreider.
It was him he kept out last time

Old
05-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
that was meant as a respose to the guy (i suppose) saying that Zucc will leave for KHL or Sweden. He will do whatever it takes to stay in NA and get onto a NHL roster. He has said many times he wants to play for NYR, and he will fight for it.
He will not be running back to europe
if nyr will not play him, and they won't give up his rights, for all we know he goes to europe for a year and signs to whoever gives him an offer. (pretty sure that's how it works)

Old
05-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
What does Hagelin bring to the table ? 1 assist in 10 playoffgame ? I dont care how good he is in defense. If Hagelin is gonna be a 1 st liner in Rangers I would recommend Zucca to find another club, because he will not get a spot in top 6.
Speed and forecheck. He lets NYR set up their offensive zone preasure. Or thats the plan anyways. He has been good even if he does not have a lot of points.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
IMO Feds is the guy he will push out of the line up, if not Kreider.
It was him he kept out last time
feds was getting benched to give him a spark last time according to torts. feds is tort's baby. he won him a cup. i don't think feds has to worry about his spot.