HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robinson open to joining Habs "would like to return to Montreal"

Old
05-11-2012, 09:24 AM
crystal ball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
It was when roy's jersey was retired he was telling some old stories, I can't remember where I saw it, wish I could find it
It's on page 193 of his biography.

crystal ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I think habs need to upgrade the bottom 6. Strong forechecking teams can create more offense. Guys who have some speed and can play the corners will help you win. That's why I hope we re-sign moen. Without some guys like that we'll have trouble digging in for the puck and creating chances. Very happy we have Cole as he certainly helps.
I find we actually had a good bottom 6(at least in terms of the opening day lineup), it was the 2nd line and 2nd pair defense where we lost a lot of games.

The 7 guys who were penciled in to the bottom 6 from day 1...AK Eller Darche Moen Nokelainen White Blunden. AK had 12 goals, Eller had 16, Moen 9(in 48 games), Darche White Blunden bring PK physicality and corner work. the only missing element was an enforcer(Staubitz was added later) and a true #4 center(Nokelained was a disapoitment), but in general it was a solid group.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:35 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I find we actually had a good bottom 6(at least in terms of the opening day lineup), it was the 2nd line and 2nd pair defense where we lost a lot of games.

The 7 guys who were penciled in to the bottom 6 from day 1...AK Eller Darche Moen Nokelainen White Blunden. AK had 12 goals, Eller had 16, Moen 9(in 48 games), Darche White Blunden bring PK physicality and corner work. the only missing element was an enforcer(Staubitz was added later) and a true #4 center(Nokelained was a disapoitment), but in general it was a solid group.
I agree with you that it isn't bad but as you pointed out, Noke wasn't good enough.

I'd be VERY happy if habs got Gaustad or Pahlsson. This may reduce some of the shutdown assignments to Plekanec. Ideally you get Gaustad at the right price, brings size, some skill and toughness.

I'd also like to add a 3rd line winger with size who is a low risk player such as David Moss. He's 6'4, is a 15-20 goal guy, versatile(can play all 3 fwd positions) and will go in front of the net.

For next year we have:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Cole-Desharnais-Paciorrety
Leblanc-Eller-Moss
Moen-Gaustad-White
Darche/Staubitz

Ideally we upgrade the top 6 somehow but this is a modest proposal that I can offer.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
I agree with you that it isn't bad but as you pointed out, Noke wasn't good enough.

I'd be VERY happy if habs got Gaustad or Pahlsson. This may reduce some of the shutdown assignments to Plekanec. Ideally you get Gaustad at the right price, brings size, some skill and toughness.

I'd also like to add a 3rd line winger with size who is a low risk player such as David Moss. He's 6'4, is a 15-20 goal guy, versatile(can play all 3 fwd positions) and will go in front of the net.

For next year we have:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Leblanc-Eller-Moss
Moen-Gaustad-White
Darche/Staubitz

Ideally we upgrade the top 6 somehow but this is a modest proposal that I can offer.
I'd prefer McClement if Colorado lets him go. He's a fantastic defensive forward and a great PKer, he and Winnik (who'sa FA as well) were a great PK and shutdown combo in Denver.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:53 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

There are probably going to be several very good bottom 6 guys who can play on the PK.

Hopefully the habs grab one of them, and give Plekx way less PK minutes next year.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:11 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:

For next year we have:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Leblanc-Eller-Moss
Moen-Gaustad-White
Darche/Staubitz

The problem with Gaustad and Pahlsson is salary. They will be very expensive role players. Go for it Gomez is being sent down, but we don't want to offer a long and heavy contract to a 3rd liner.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:14 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I'd prefer McClement if Colorado lets him go. He's a fantastic defensive forward and a great PKer, he and Winnik (who'sa FA as well) were a great PK and shutdown combo in Denver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
The problem with Gaustad and Pahlsson is salary. They will be very expensive role players. Go for it Gomez is being sent down, but we don't want to offer a long and heavy contract to a 3rd liner.
Absolutely agree with both of you. I'm merely choosing two somewhat more common names just to show how they'd slot in. I'd also take Prust over Moss but just saying, I think we need a 3rd line winger(versatile one is best, Stoll, Prust, Moss, etc...) and a 4th line center who compliments white.

Old
05-11-2012, 12:18 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Absolutely agree with both of you. I'm merely choosing two somewhat more common names just to show how they'd slot in. I'd also take Prust over Moss but just saying, I think we need a 3rd line winger(versatile one is best, Stoll, Prust, Moss, etc...) and a 4th line center who compliments white.
Why not keep Moen? I figure he will be cheaper than Gaustad and Pahlsson.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:35 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Was he not centering Moen way back in Anaheim ? Maybe we could sign him and Moen ???

But, if they want a good 4th line centre, I would prefer McKenzie in Columbus and Slater in Winnipeg. Unless White can play center again or Dumont, two cheap alternatives.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I want to keep Moen as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Was he not centering Moen way back in Anaheim ? Maybe we could sign him and Moen ???

But, if they want a good 4th line centre, I would prefer McKenzie in Columbus and Slater in Winnipeg. Unless White can play center again or Dumont, two cheap alternatives.
Yes, they won the cup together and had great performance in playoffs for anahiem.

I want to keep Moen and add an additional bottom 6 forward and a 4th line center.

As I said:

Leblanc-Eller-Moss/Stoll/Prust/etc...
Moen-Gaustad/Pahlsson/etc...-White
Darche/Staubitz

Bold are the additions, moen is assumed to return for me.

Anyway, I was merely talking about making a strongly bottom 6 as strong forechecking and defensive teams are doing well. I wouldn't suggest making everyone defensive but defensive support to aid Plekanec in his shutdown duties would be ideal so Plekanec can have more time for offensive roles.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 05-11-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old
05-11-2012, 03:18 PM
PricePkPatch

Why is everybody penning Leblanc as a 3rd liner? I thought we established the guy would develop better playing 1st line minutes with our strong pool of prospect coming in Hamilton next September?

Call him back up only for large period of time, no yo-yos. But otherwise, he's extra depth developing, just like Patch have been.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:37 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Why is everybody penning Leblanc as a 3rd liner? I thought we established the guy would develop better playing 1st line minutes with our strong pool of prospect coming in Hamilton next September?

Call him back up only for large period of time, no yo-yos. But otherwise, he's extra depth developing, just like Patch have been.
You know he can improve over the summer. Leblanc/Palushaj or whoever in that slot. It will likely be a rookie battling for it.

Old
05-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
Three Thoughts:

1) If Robinson joins us could he influence Parise to sign with us as a UFA this summer?

2) If Robinson joins us would a UFA like Ryan Suter be enticed to play for a coach that is former All Star Defencemen

3) If Robinson joins us could he turn Gomez around and get him to play the way he played while in New Jersery
That's something I never thought of, but I think Larry works with the defense more than the forwards. I suppose it cant hurt though. On that note, maybe Gionta can put in a good word too as a former teammate. Having said that, I still think Lou is going to find a way to retain him.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:23 PM
haburger

Quote:
Pahlsson is garbage. Lol. Why would people even mention his name?don't see the habs goin after him whatsoever.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
Pahlsson is garbage. Lol. Why would people even mention his name?don't see the habs goin after him whatsoever.
Not sure if serious.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Why is everyone discussing line-ups in this thread - I thought it was about Robinson

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Why is everyone discussing line-ups in this thread - I thought it was about Robinson
Sorry, got sidetracked.

Old
05-11-2012, 08:10 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:

Jessica Alba Jessica Biel Kate Beckinsale
Eva Mendes Charlize Theron Scarlett Johanson
Emma Watson Megan Fox Mila Kunis
Olivia Munn Zoe Saldana Adrianna Lima

Have a problem with this

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:27 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Jessica Alba Jessica Biel Kate Beckinsale
Eva Mendes Charlize Theron Scarlett Johanson
Emma Watson Megan Fox Mila Kunis
Olivia Munn Zoe Saldana Adrianna Lima

Have a problem with this
Sofia Vergara-Olivia Wilde
Zooey Deschanel-Katy Perry
Alyson Hannigan-Keeley Hazell

Miranda Kerr
Arianny Celeste

Done

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:02 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post

Miranda Kerr
Arianny Celeste

Done
Back on topic, guys.

Alyson Hannigan, really?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:05 PM
googlymoogly

Robinson definitely should be brought home. We have so many young Dman that he could improve. He has so much experience from playing and coaching, it is hard to find anybody else like him.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
You know he can improve over the summer. Leblanc/Palushaj or whoever in that slot. It will likely be a rookie battling for it.
Don't forget Groffrion.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:33 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post

Miranda Kerr
Arianny Celeste

Done
the same one from American Pie? I'm going to trade for Elizabeth Banks and will have to throw in a 1st. first line D pairing is solid. Complement each other well.
2nd line pairing, how do we tell them apart?

Oh and bring back Robinson (Mrs. )!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:22 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Not sure if serious.
I don't think Sami Pahlsson is the same player he was from his Anaheim days.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 07:48 PM
sampollock

Sure. Your always larry

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote