HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bryz SovSport interview translated by PD's Dmitry Chesnokov

Old
05-11-2012, 06:58 AM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Totally agree. I have been behind him the whole season. Year 1 of a 9 year deal and most had written off the former Vezina Trophy finalist after 10 games. I remember when he signed and how he said that people were telling him not to sign in Philly, it is a goalie graveyard. He should have listened - they were right. Flyers fans turned so quickly on this guy it was unbelievable to me.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Where did he blame his teammates?

He merely said he gets pinned down by the media for every single bad goal he lets in (even though anyone barely mentions the dude was Philly's best player in the NJ series), and the players don't get nearly as much mistakes for missing open nets etc.
He didn't blame his teammates, he said they were outplayed. Everyone with eyes and a pulse knows they were outplayed... Sometimes people want to see things that aren't there.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Suspended4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
He didn't blame his teammates, he said they were outplayed. Everyone with eyes and a pulse knows they were outplayed... Sometimes people want to see things that aren't there.
Exactly. It's funny how when one person says something, it's OK but when a city-wide target says the exact same thing, he's not a team player and a weak person mentally. So does everyone hate Bill Clement, Rick Tocchet, Lavy, Briere, etc for saying the team got outplayed? No...but god forbid Bryz says it.

Suspended4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:47 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Good interview.

He knows he better put up or shut up next year.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillo1829 View Post
I thought this, after his 24/7 escapade. Wow, he has a deep intellectual outlook on this world/universe, shocking! I found it funny, because some physicists share similar philosophy's. I do believe if he speaks fluent English, he maybe considered one of the more smarter hockey players in the league. But like you said, winning and losing is whats more important in sports.
"It's only going to get more funner."

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:48 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
He was very candid and I hope he has learned that playing in Philly is different than playing in Anaheim or Glendale.

I don't see him blaming the guys in front of him like some others do.

05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

People see what they want.

There are always going to be idiots.

Good interview, sums up philly quite well. He turned up for the devils series. Shame the other 18 guys didn't bother.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Hextall4GM

Yea Bryz, I'm confident with him next year. I just hope we fix up those 2 holes on defense (Lilja and Carle).
I thought he would be the reason if the Flyers were eliminated but I was totally wrong. He was one of the better players in the series.

Hextall4GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:09 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
'Yes, he wasn't scored against but could have been'
We now know that Bryzgalov reads these boards.

Year 2 will be interesting, not only that Bryzgalov now has been baptized with fire as a Flyers goalie, but there will almost certainly be a defensive upgrade over the summer. Upgrade Carle for a true first-line Dman, work on greater D-zone responsibility among the forwards and there should be significant improvement in goals allowed.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Totally agree. I have been behind him the whole season. Year 1 of a 9 year deal and most had written off the former Vezina Trophy finalist after 10 games. I remember when he signed and how he said that people were telling him not to sign in Philly, it is a goalie graveyard. He should have listened - they were right. Flyers fans turned so quickly on this guy it was unbelievable to me.
Why does it surprise you? Every goalie this franchise has ever had has gotten turned on. EVERY-SINGLE-ONE. At least since the 80s until today, I suppose Parent never was turned on, then again I wasn't around to know.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Shakezilla

Rangers fan here. I actually came on the Flyers board to see if there was a thread about Bryz.

I know his personality really well, he reminds me of my uncle. He has very good points on life and I know for a fact it gets lost in translation. Bryz seems to be a very honest and intellectual player. He is also very classy and doesn't throw his teammates under the bus. Some of you (very few in this thread) criticizing him could really learn a thing or 2 from him. Everyone makes mistakes and people expect athletes to be robots.

Good or not, I simply can't hate this guy as a person. It would do Flyer fans well to get behind him and support him.

Shakezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:46 PM
2minutes4slashing

The guy's mind set is not right for Philadelphia and it wont ever be. Face it folks.. this is a 9 year, $51 million dollar mis judgement that management made for this clown. I'm tired of hearing this n that about the Defense one month not doing it for him, then it's the forwards not helping out the next , blah blah blah ... the guy had ONE good month in the entire season and he did NOT play all that great like some say he did in the Playoffs. Problem is they are stuck with this clown for the foreseen future ... what makes people think he's going to be able to handle Philly and it's media and fans next year?? .. you either adapt and fit in quick up there or you dont, simple, as that.

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2minutes4slashing View Post
The guy's mind set is not right for Philadelphia and it wont ever be. Face it folks.. this is a 9 year, $51 million dollar mis judgement that management made for this clown. I'm tired of hearing this n that about the Defense one month not doing it for him, then it's the forwards not helping out the next , blah blah blah ... the guy had ONE good month in the entire season and he did NOT play all that great like some say he did in the Playoffs. Problem is they are stuck with this clown for the foreseen future ... what makes people think he's going to be able to handle Philly and it's media and fans next year?? .. you either adapt and fit in quick up there or you dont, simple, as that.
Would you like to look up his stats from after the all-star break and then complain about his one good month.

The only clown I see here is you. Name another keeper that has adapted quickly and managed to fit in philly. Oh thats right, fans like you ensure they don't.

Old
05-11-2012, 03:55 PM
2minutes4slashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Would you like to look up his stats from after the all-star break and then complain about his one good month.

The only clown I see here is you. Name another keeper that has adapted quickly and managed to fit in philly. Oh thats right, fans like you ensure they don't.
stick to cricket over in the UK kiddo

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:36 PM
FlyersCup08

Read a comment on TSN regarding this that was spot on. You're sad because there's pressure to perform when you're being paid $51M to play a sport you love? Boo hoo. The rest of America hates their $40k/yr job and feels pressure daily as well. Grow up, Bryz.

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:40 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post

I'll post it again for anyone who says Bryzgalov was only good for the month of March. These are Bryzgalov's stats since the Winter Classic:

18-8-4, .948 Save Percentage. The only thing I wasn't able to find was the GAA, but you get the picture. Those look like pretty excellent numbers if you ask me.

EDIT: Found the GAA. For that stretch, Bryzgalov's GAA was 2.06

Last edited by BobbyClarkeFan16: 05-11-2012 at 04:51 PM.
BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
stick to cricket over in the UK kiddo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'll post it again for anyone who says Bryzgalov was only good for the month of March. These are Bryzgalov's stats since the Winter Classic:

18-8-4, .948 Save Percentage. The only thing I wasn't able to find was the GAA, but you get the picture. Those look like pretty excellent numbers if you ask me.

EDIT: Found the GAA. For that stretch, Bryzgalov's GAA was 2.06
I'll repeat again. Only one clown that I see here

Old
05-11-2012, 11:05 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillo1829 View Post
I thought this, after his 24/7 escapade. Wow, he has a deep intellectual outlook on this world/universe, shocking! I found it funny, because some physicists share similar philosophy's. I do believe if he speaks fluent English, he maybe considered one of the more smarter hockey players in the league. But like you said, winning and losing is whats more important in sports.
Lol I don't think his language has anything to do with his personality. As funny as his universe speech and all his interviews are, it makes you wonder if he hangs around Theron Fleury when he's not on the ice with the Flyers.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Lol I don't think his language has anything to do with his personality. As funny as his universe speech and all his interviews are, it makes you wonder if he hangs around Theron Fleury when he's not on the ice with the Flyers.
Of course his Russian accent has a lot to with it. If he was as fluent in English as, say Lidström or Landeskog, no one would make those "humangous big" jokes, because it wouldn't be funny.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Beyond weak mentally. He needs an intervention. His season was a trainerwreck.
I'm not sure where you're getting that. I read him as being a very sensitive guy, who is bothered by the massive, often short sighted and almost always intense criticism he receives. In the same breath that he admits to that he says he isn't going anywhere, he made a deal to play here and he's going to make it work. That takes a lot more mental strength than to just be someone who completely ignores public opinion.

Bryz's problem is that there is no guile about him, he is open and candid with the press, using his second language. I don't think he goes through much that any other pro goalie doesn't sometimes, he is just honest about all of it, and sometimes he lacks the tact needed to say it in a way that won't start up a ton of crap.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:30 AM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
Then who is right for Philadelphia? I guess maybe since the last consistent decent goalie was well over 10+ years ago should tell you the fact that maybe the fans should adapt to the situation, not call out a guys head after 1 season. Player has couple of bad games= OMFG get him out of here. This mindset never wins anything. The fact is, the system is flawed. It has been that way for the last 10 years or so. ****ing hell bring in Lundqvist or Quick and they are bound to fail here with this offensive oriented system.

For the last 10+ years goaltenders having been going in and out of Philly like businessmen going in and out of stripclubs. You will never have consistent goaltenders if the solution is to never give them the chance to be consistent and adjust. Give the guy a break, he was taken out of a completely defensive system and placed in a completely offensive one, yes he didn't have a great season, but what makes you SO freaking sure he won't next season? Adjustments to the system, D, and him having this offseason break can help him out greatly.

Maybe you should just stick with the Vols over there, Kiddo.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 06:55 AM
knuck
On and off fan

Are the media in philly that bad ?

Honest question here: Would he "survive" in a market like Montreal or Toronto ?

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 07:23 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
Read a comment on TSN regarding this that was spot on. You're sad because there's pressure to perform when you're being paid $51M to play a sport you love? Boo hoo. The rest of America hates their $40k/yr job and feels pressure daily as well. Grow up, Bryz.
+1

Cry baby Bryz!!!!

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 07:24 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
Are the media in philly that bad ?

Honest question here: Would he "survive" in a market like Montreal or Toronto ?
He would commit suicide if he played in Montreal...

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 07:37 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
but what makes you SO freaking sure he won't next season? Adjustments to the system, D, and him having this offseason break can help him out greatly
I'm looking forward to this excuse for the next 8 seasons.

That being said: He seems to have found some stride post all-star break. Keep it up Bryz.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote