HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Vandemeer's fight vs Wild

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 03:20 AM
MojoJojo

vCash: 500
Vandemeer's fight vs Wild

Heard it was a classic.

Always seems that this happens whenever I miss a game. Anyone know where I can find a link to this fight?

It is looking like Vandemeer is taking over from Todd Fedoruk as back up to Brashear. He is not as big or strong as the Fridge, but is a smart skilled fighter who always seems to win. So who is the better fighter between these two? And if Vandemeer is just as good, why not trade Fedoruk, since Vandy is a better hockey player anyway?

Old
11-21-2003, 03:26 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
I read that you can watch the fights here for free:

Hockey fights

That was a great fight. I gave it to Brown but Vandy didn't give up and came back firing. Last night's game was a great game.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:49 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
I read that you can watch the fights here for free:

Hockey fights

That was a great fight. I gave it to Brown but Vandy didn't give up and came back firing. Last night's game was a great game.
Brownie must've taken lessons over the summer - he's done pretty well in his scraps so far this season with May. Buchberger, and now Vandemeer

Old
11-21-2003, 07:48 AM
Dykhuis26

No way guys! Vandemeer gets the decision without a doubt. The linesman let the bout go for almost 2 minutes! Yes, Brown got the better of Vandy in the first half, but Vandy wore down Brown and threw three good lefts and put Brown to the ice. In this war of attrition, Vandy gets the nod. His stamina must be incredible...both guys were completely winded after this one.

Old
11-22-2003, 02:47 AM
IronMarshal

Brown was completely spent at the end of the fight and was looking for a way out when he went down. Vandy had little pop left, but wouldn't let go, and was still throwin' em.

Brown got some aerly shots in (reach), but Vandy landed more, and some really sweet uppercuts that took the starch out of Brown.

Vandy's problem is going to be reach, though he is taller than Tie Dummy and some other notable midget fighters (remember George Mcphee's memorable bouts with Dave Brown? Brownie won, bu only because McPhee had a hard time reaching Brown's mile high head).

Old
11-22-2003, 05:28 AM
stanley

The last great fight I saw was McSorley-Probert about five years ago, although I applauded at the end of the Vandermeer-Brown bout on Thursday. That was a good one, and the best I've seen in awhile.

Old
11-22-2003, 05:35 AM
Whinks

Send a message via AIM to Whinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
The last great fight I saw was McSorley-Probert about five years ago, although I applauded at the end of the Vandermeer-Brown bout on Thursday. That was a good one, and the best I've seen in awhile.
I liked Vandermeer/Vandenbussche better.

Old
11-24-2003, 06:57 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykhuis26
No way guys! Vandemeer gets the decision without a doubt. The linesman let the bout go for almost 2 minutes! Yes, Brown got the better of Vandy in the first half, but Vandy wore down Brown and threw three good lefts and put Brown to the ice. In this war of attrition, Vandy gets the nod. His stamina must be incredible...both guys were completely winded after this one.
Brown tired out, but he clearly won the fight, in fact, he kicked the crap out of Vandy. Look at the solid face shots he got in. Vandy was hitting the back of his head and didn't hurt him at all. Brown in an easy, unanimous decision.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:15 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44
Brown tired out, but he clearly won the fight, in fact, he kicked the crap out of Vandy. Look at the solid face shots he got in. Vandy was hitting the back of his head and didn't hurt him at all. Brown in an easy, unanimous decision.
I saw the replay of this fight. Clearly a draw. Brown didnt get anything solid. He threw more, but nothing connected well enough to do damage. Same goes for Vandermeer. Vandermeer outlasted Brown, but was too weak by the time he had room to throw anything. If you score the fight by counting punches: decision brown. If you go by who was on top at the end, Vandermeer.

Muhammed Ali used to do this. You would swear he was getting killed the entire fight, then all of a sudden in the middle of the twelfth round he would get his second wind. By then his opponent would hardly be able to lift his arms, and Ali would dance around pummeling him like a punching bag for about ten seconds. Down goes his opponent and everyone would be scratching their heads wondering what just happened.

Closed Thread