HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Workout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
What's it feel like being super ripped? Being a fat man I can tell you it SUCKS! Always out of breath, constantly depressed, always eating like ****, makes you feel like **** looking in a mirror and seeing some monster from another planet. Thankfully I'm not an average Fatman, I'm only 210 and not 350 or more like the average Fatman.
I may have been in the best shape of my life but I wasn't super ripped, just had nice abs.

This might just be in my case, but once I got in really good shape it felt like everything else was less important or difficult. Just a walk in the park. If anything got bad I didn't even really care.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:25 AM
pucks1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
I may have been in the best shape of my life but I wasn't super ripped, just had nice abs.

This might just be in my case, but once I got in really good shape it felt like everything else was less important or difficult. Just a walk in the park. If anything got bad I didn't even really care.
Thats what im working towards- life anit as bad if you have abs lol-

i also have done the 90x/insanity hibrid- i think its the best of both worlds. Ive done many beach body workouts but never really understood the eating part- Now that i understand that it is night and day with results, i finally belive that i can get abs.

Rushfit looked allright but the tapout one looks more fun to me, i think jsp bores me. But im sure they are both a hell of a work out.

Old
05-11-2012, 11:26 AM
66-29-33

Did some workouts at my work just for fun. A 50 pound box of potatoes lift up and down in the air above my head and squatted at same time, not a bad workout tbh.

Old
05-11-2012, 02:31 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucks1 View Post
Thats what im working towards- life anit as bad if you have abs lol-

i also have done the 90x/insanity hibrid- i think its the best of both worlds. Ive done many beach body workouts but never really understood the eating part- Now that i understand that it is night and day with results, i finally belive that i can get abs.

Rushfit looked allright but the tapout one looks more fun to me, i think jsp bores me. But im sure they are both a hell of a work out.
Great minds

Actually I was just talking about this with my Mom and, its like I had some concerns about my shin but only after a couple of days of working I don't even think about it. Little aches and pains, not associated with working out, are totally gone already.

Yeah Rushfit was basically GSP saying, this is what I do, follow me. Its crazy fast.

How much longer are you doing your P90X round? I'm thinking of making a P90X2 thread in the Lounge and try and get a group going.

Old
05-11-2012, 03:01 PM
vikingGoalie

some thoughts on p90x and protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
I wish I didn't have major knee surgery 10 yrs ago, I'd probably tryout insanity but that would destroy my knees. Im pretty sure my doc would laugh at me for even trying out P90X, if I even told him. Hear squishy noises in my knee when I start to bend and ignoring it I start feeling weird in the knee but I choose to ignore it. I'm not letting my knee controll my life, I'll controll my life. Had to quit playing goalie because my knee.
sorry to hear that. Personally I love goal tending and won't give it up until forced.

Not sure your exact situation, but you might want to talk to a good sports-rehab therapist/sport othro doc. I've come back from several knee injuries (R knee, torn MCL/PCL) (L Knee torn patellar tendon, meniscus). I won't say it's exactly the same as pre-injury. But I still goal tend 3x a week, and I've just wrapped up my first phase of p90x and I can still run without any issues.

On topic of this thread. P90X is awesome. I've worked out in some capacity all my life. Gone through phases where I was lifting like crazy, others when I was running long distances, spinning classes, plyrometrics, martial arts, you name it.
P90X is really like because it's so cross discipline that it keeps each workout pretty fresh.
Personally on P90X I think the YOGA is the hardest workout. It helps a ton for my goal tending. This is my first time doing any of the beach body workouts, I'm digging it thus far. It does get a bit tricky balancing my p90x workout, eating and playing a hockey game that night in the same right though. I totally boinked during a game the other day as I hadn't fueled enough for both activities.

Eating right is critical, ask any body builder and they will tell you eating right is 80-90% of getting the results they want. You only work out for an hour a day, you have to eat right the entire day.

Personally I find it a task to get 250G of protein in in a day. Your body can't really absorb more then 40-50G of protein at one time. You're better absorbing 30-40,imo. That based on what works for me and talking to a few nutrition folks. (I don't claim great scientific knowledge here just my observation). So taking in protein at least 5x a day is best.

I highly recommend egg whites as they are one of the cheapest sources of protein you can get. A dozen jumbo eggs around here are $1.59. Each egg is 8-9G of protein. That's up to 67G of protein per dollar.
This stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit...6765466&sr=8-1
Is a great source of protein, and is well priced.
It gives you: 36G of protein per dollar spent. (by way of comparison).

Whey is best right after a workout as it is absorbed quicker, both are great sources of protein.

Still the majority of your protein should come from food, not powder.

YMMV, just throwing this out there in case someone else finds it useful.

Old
05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
pucks1

Quote:
Great minds

Actually I was just talking about this with my Mom and, its like I had some concerns about my shin but only after a couple of days of working I don't even think about it. Little aches and pains, not associated with working out, are totally gone already.

Yeah Rushfit was basically GSP saying, this is what I do, follow me. Its crazy fast.

How much longer are you doing your P90X round? I'm thinking of making a P90X2 thread in the Lounge and try and get a group going.
i started April 30th- so im almost done with week 2- i still have a long hall but im really looking forward to x2- i heard it has a core and balance focus- which is bread and butter for hockey players.

Old
05-11-2012, 03:33 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
i started April 30th- so im almost done with week 2- i still have a long hall but im really looking forward to x2- i heard it has a core and balance focus- which is bread and butter for hockey players.
Yeah a lot of the videos are geared around the core.

My gf just did either, X2 Total Body or X2 Balance and Power and she said it was completely nuts. She said I'd be scared when I watch the video

Old
05-11-2012, 03:38 PM
pucks1

Quote:
Yeah a lot of the videos are geared around the core.

My gf just did either, X2 Total Body or X2 Balance and Power and she said it was completely nuts. She said I'd be scared when I watch the video
Nice- in preperation i have been doin the regular p90x ab ripper with leg weights- im scared of what is to come in x2!

Old
05-11-2012, 03:42 PM
AndyPipkin

^ I notice you like to add extra weight a lot. At what point in your P90X journey did you start doing that?

We like to turn the heat in the room on full blast. The floor is usually a nasty puddle after

Quote:
Nice- in preperation i have been doin the regular p90x ab ripper with leg weights- im scared of what is to come in x2!
I haven't even watched the straight up Ab ripper videos yet, but I've loved all of them so far.

Did you ever pick up P90X+?

Old
05-11-2012, 03:49 PM
cassius

<snip>

Last edited by cassius: 05-11-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old
05-11-2012, 05:46 PM
JTG

I haven't weighed 165 since I was 13

Old
05-11-2012, 05:49 PM
cassius

Well JTG (my favorite hater on this website who always comes out of the woodwork when I'm involved).... you also haven't been able to look down and see stuff because your gut is blocking certain manparts - ok, nevermind. That is another topic.

See what you caused here Til? Haha.

Last edited by cassius: 05-11-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old
05-11-2012, 06:01 PM
JTG

I have been pondering getting into some serious cardiovascular shape this summer. I start and stop, start and stop. I just hate cardio more than anything.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:04 PM
cassius

I would check out road biking if you're looking for a "fun" way to do cardio. Plus, biking around the various biketrails in Pittsburgh during the summer is pure bliss. Tons of great routes to check out.

I actually really enjoy doing cardio (mainly because it's nice to out after sitting in an office all day), but I really can't do it too much because I lose too much weight/muscle.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:28 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Well JTG (my favorite hater on this website who always comes out of the woodwork when I'm involved).... you also haven't been able to look down and see stuff because your gut is blocking certain manparts - ok, nevermind. That is another topic.

See what you caused here Til? Haha.
I can still see mine. :p

Old
05-11-2012, 06:37 PM
JTG

I don't come out of the woodwork Cassius. I'm always here. You blocked me and everyone else who has called you out.

Old
05-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Saku11

chop lots of wood daily and you lose weight and be in a lot better shape soon im speaking from experience.

Old
05-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

Two months ago, I finally decided I was going to stop eating at night. And that somehow made me lose 20 pounds. Feelsgoodman.

Old
05-12-2012, 01:31 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Nice
What would you suggest as an aid for general muscle soreness?

Old
05-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Snooki Stackhouse

Quote:
What would you suggest as an aid for general muscle soreness?

Best purchase ever

Old
05-12-2012, 01:43 PM
AndyPipkin

^ Is that a type of foam roller thingy?

Old
05-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Snooki Stackhouse

Yes but make sure you get the firm ones. They hurt so good. I use mine on my back and it cracks my back and digs into tight muscles.

Edit: A lot of people who are on a 5x5 strength program use them to push lactic acid out of muscles, specifically legs.

Old
05-14-2012, 02:08 PM
pucks1

Quote:
^ I notice you like to add extra weight a lot. At what point in your P90X journey did you start doing that?

We like to turn the heat in the room on full blast. The floor is usually a nasty puddle after

I haven't even watched the straight up Ab ripper videos yet, but I've loved all of them so far.

Did you ever pick up P90X+?
I never got p90x + but heard good things. As for weighted vests and ankles- this is the first round with them for me, about two weeks in- makes things alot harder- this is me this a.m struggling with ab ripper- we do the videos sometimes for the work out team im on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KukMYmzmKt8

Old
05-14-2012, 02:11 PM
pucks1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooki Stackhouse View Post

Best purchase ever
I live on foam rollers- i use the rumble roller every day-sometimes during a whole pens game- Helps with hips, legs, back, neck- when i use this for an hour or so i sleep like a baby

Old
05-14-2012, 06:06 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
I never got p90x + but heard good things. As for weighted vests and ankles- this is the first round with them for me, about two weeks in- makes things alot harder- this is me this a.m struggling with ab ripper- we do the videos sometimes for the work out team im on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KukMYmzmKt8
fEEL THE BURNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Closed Thread