HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC vs NBC Feed

Old
05-11-2012, 02:54 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
yeah, i'm not seeing that either.

there are some announcers i cant stand..

RJ from Buffalo, the guys in Pittsburgh, Boston, Washington, Tampa...Chico.

those guys are tough on the ears or are such ridiculously biased announcers that it's just not worth listening to them.

we're spoiled with Sam, JD and Joe. 3 damn good announcers.

Hatred for the Rangers? I'm not seeing it. Ive been pretty happy with Doc, Eddie and Pierre. My biggest complaint has been Docs inability to get names right when doing the actual play by play. but Ranger hate? I'm not seeing/hearing it.
Every time someone on NBC says something about the Caps, there are 50 GDT posts to the effect of, "OH MAN, HERE THEY GO AGAIN! CAPITALS CAPITALS CAPITALS!" Then they do a segment on the Rangers which will go completely unacknowledged.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I love how people think every announcer in the civilized world hates the Rangers.
I think you can debate the level of favoritism by the media at large, BUT not the actual favoritism going on. I think you're either not watching/listening to what's going on, or ignoring it (favoritism).

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
I think you can debate the level of favoritism by the media at large, BUT not the actual favoritism going on. I think you're either not watching/listening to what's going on, or ignoring it (favoritism).
Awesome! Wait...I have no idea what you just said.

Did you agree with me, or disagree with me?!?

Your post needs English subtitles!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:54 PM
rangers5000

cbc is very pro-caps, its not the ranger fan in my thinking that, its CLEAR

why does toronto media hate new york so much, cbc/tsn/sportsnet are very anti-new york for the most part

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Awesome! Wait...I have no idea what you just said.

Did you agree with me, or disagree with me?!?

Your post needs English subtitles!
I think it's pretty clear, but I'm sorry if your 8 yrs old, and can't understand yet
Therefore, I'll try my best to make you understand, OK?
I think there is a pro Capitals bias in the media, but depending on who you ask, the bias varies (little to very much). Is that better?

Old
05-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear, but I'm sorry if your 8 yrs old, and can't understand yet
I think there is a pro Capitals bias in the media, but depending on who you ask, the bias varies (little to very much). Is that better?
i disagree. i think the "favoritism" if there is any, is more of a result of the Capitals outplaying the Rangers for large stretches, definitely in game 6, but for many of the other games as well. When the rangers are surging, there is a Rangers favoritism as well. it's all about which team surges more.

Everytime Kreider did something good, they would talk about him being a star in the making, etc. that's some ridiculously over the top favoritism.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Graves94

Quote:
i disagree. i think the "favoritism" if there is any, is more of a result of the Capitals outplaying the Rangers for large stretches, definitely in game 6, but for many of the other games as well. When the rangers are surging, there is a Rangers favoritism as well. it's all about which team surges more.

Everytime Kreider did something good, they would talk about him being a star in the making, etc. that's some ridiculously over the top favoritism.
I've been watching most of the games on CBC (weekdays, since I don't get the NBC Sports Network, being in Canada), but have watched the weekend games on NBC and CBC. I've been listening/watching to TSN and other sports networks discussing the series, and the impression I get, is that we're lucky to be playing a game 7, since the Caps have dominated. Maybe it's because of the 2 OT games we've won this series, and the miracle come back in gm 5 that has everyone thinking this way? However, by that logic, the Rangers should have swept the Senators in round 1, since they won games 2 & 4 in OT.
The Capitals have won all their games in the playoffs so far by 1 goal margins, including several OT wins in round 1, including game 7 (ot goal should not have counted). The Capitals have dominated no one so far!!
Having said this, the amount of attention Ovechkin and Holtby in particular have been receiving is beyond over board. I underdstand OV is a star player, and the media has to play on this, but enough is enough! Gaborik has as many goals in this series as OV, but we hardly hear about him, although OV has probably had more of an impact so far. How many times must we hear how Holtby is Hasek/Dryden rolled into one? I've seen Holtby's mom so much these past 2 weeks that i'd be able to describe her perfectly, if she were kidnapped!Tell me any Ranger that has garnered as much attention as these 2 especially?
I really think that Tort's relationship with the media is a major factor for this, but I strongly believe there is a bias here. However, I respect if you see it differently.

Old
05-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Like someone said, people talk about the Caps and some people go ballistic. People talk about the Rangers, and they forget all about it quickly and worry about the next time something is said about the Caps.

I don't even get all the worrying about who said what about who...it's like you're still in middle school or something.

Watch the game and don't worry about it already.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:14 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

You gotta look at it the other way too -- the NHL media was all about the Rangers from 1992-1997.

Clement and Thorne were huge NYR homers, especially during 1994 and 1997

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:59 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I don't find either network to be "pro-caps."

If anything the CBC feed has been pro-rangers, and pro-ovechkin (which is odd considering his nationality). CBC has acknowledged how inconsistent the referees and even the linesman have been (last game they were very quick to point out that Brad Richards had a few beefs with icing calls, including the one that happened immediately before the second goal, and agreed that they were questionable). They've spoken about how hard it is to play the game the way you should be playing if the refs let some calls go and call others. This was specifically discussed when Hagelin was called for slashing.

Anyone who thinks CBC's feed is anti-Rangers is being way overly sensitive. They may have been a little biased in the Ottawa series (I was actually surprised to say that they did maintain a lot of composure and unbiased opinion surrounding Brian Boyle. They actually had a lot of praise for him.)

I can't speak for NBC's feed...I'm back on Long Island, so I'll be able to after tomorrow night.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:08 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:

I personally think the media and the commentators are just trying TOO hard to find story lines to talk about. I think that as a Rangers fan, when the media focuses on the Caps, we are very sensitive to it. When they focus on one of our story lines, we tend to overlook it, because heck, most of them we've seen and CERTAINLy heard all season on MSG (Brad Richards is clutch, Ryan Callahan works hard, Dan Girardi does not care about his body, Marc Staal is physical, Ryan McDonagh is a really good young defenseman, etc., etc.). We are desensitized in more than one way. For one, we hear Joe and Sam go on and on and on and on about these things. And secondly, if we don't hear it in the same ratio, all of a sudden it's bias against us, because we've had favoritism for the Rangers on blast all season from MSG.

CBC has shown Alexander Ovechkin's ice time vs. points and his ice time and the record the caps have with or without him playing +20 minutes sooo many times i feel like I could write a thesis about how Dale Huenter uses Ovechkin.

Holtby's numbers are very good. I don't feel that the Rangers have tested him and I absolutely don't feel that he has made the clutch saves. I also don't think CBC has skewed that picture TOO bad...I can only imagine NBC though. Ed and Doc always love rookies that do stuff.

I'm very tired of hearing about Jason Chimera's speed. Another thing they've been redundant with has been talking about how good Mike Green used to be everytime he does anything well.

CBC has focused on Lundqvist a TON. Goalies in general are usually a huge focal point for CBC at least. They show Lundqvist's game changing saves all the time. They pretty much crapped their pants over the save Lundqvist made on Turris in the final minute of one of the Ottawa games. They showed that the entire series.

Kreider was a big focus of CBC in the early going of the playoffs. They've put the spotlight on Hagelin (and not just for the Alfie hit but for his speed.) They praise Richards all the time, whether it's because of his nationality or not. The d-men get so much love. Don Cherry called Dan Girardi the best defenseman in the league during one of his coach's corner segments.

Both sides have had redundant stories. We let the Ranger ones slide because they're the Rangers. We get annoyed about the Caps ones because they aren't Rangers. That's my 2 cents.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

I watch CBC because when it's on then NBC is blacked out here; but when I have a choice in feed I always go with NBC. The coverage is superior and the broadcasters don't sound like a bunch of fishermen.

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:18 AM
rangers5000

anybody catch the opening cbc montage tonight, nobody i repeat NOBODY does those better than cbc

it featured the history of the rivalry with messier/leetch/richter and such, maybe the best opening montage of the entire playoffs so far

Old
05-15-2012, 02:27 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
CBC blows NBC out of the water IMO. I love Hughson and the overall quality of the feed is better. They also always integrate the crowd to the game, whereas NBC hardly does that.

05-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Draft Guru

I wish there was some way to get the CBC feed on iO

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:31 AM
pucksoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
This is a 2 part question

"i like how nbc jacks up the mic and sounds louder..."
Does anyone know if the louder on-ice/crowd noise is intentional? Or is the on-ice/crowd noise more evident because McGuire is mic-ed up at ice level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
The answer is
  1. Lower TV volume to 0
  2. Hook up a radio to your computer's microphone port (headphone to microphone)
  3. Tune into 98.7 FM or 1050 AM (ESPN Radio)
  4. Download Radio Delay
  5. Setup Radio Delay so that your radio is in sync with your TV
  6. Profit
Thank you. You just saved my sanity. I am beyond tired of Doc's whiny voice, corny diction, and bizarre metaphors.

pucksoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:51 AM
gardenparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksoup View Post
Thank you. You just saved my sanity. I am beyond tired of Doc's whiny voice, corny diction, and bizarre metaphors.
Funny, replace "whiny voice" with "heavy Canadian accent" and you'd be talking about CBC's Ron McLean. At least one only has to put up with his corny diction and bizarre metaphors in between periods + pre and post game.

His 911 metaphor for Emergency Responders and hockey players prior to Game 6 was, at best, a head scratcher. At worst, a slap in the face to anyone involved in the tragedy.

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:44 AM
rangers5000

i like mclean, overall cbc is better and its not even close

nbc yells over the goal horn and never lets the crowd in, cbc does a good job and talking less after goals

nbc is dumbed down compared to cbc, cbc has great opening montages, overall the product is so much better

Old
05-15-2012, 12:11 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
You gotta look at it the other way too -- the NHL media was all about the Rangers from 1992-1997.

Clement and Thorne were huge NYR homers, especially during 1994 and 1997
The words NYR homer and Bill Clement don't belong in the same sentence.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
The words NYR homer and Bill Clement don't belong in the same sentence.
I know it sounds weird but man he was pole riding the last two rounds like crazy.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote