HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it time to clean house(Rochester Core)?

View Poll Results: Is it time to "Clean House"?(Players)
Yes 5 16.13%
No 4 12.90%
No, but a serious "Retool" is in order 21 67.74%
I'm still in shock from this past Season 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Matty K

vCash: 500
Is it time to clean house(Rochester Core)?

This isn't in regards to Darcy and Lindy as we know these two will be back next Season and probably for the long term.

Just a simple question really. Is it time to tear down what Darcy built and start fresh?

After reading numerous posters saying player "X" and player "Y" need to go. Not to mention the numerous statements of player "Z" is a cancer and doesn't want to be here.

Are Sabres Fans tired of the same names year in and year out?

For me I think this Squad needs a serious re-tooling because I do believe we do have some pieces in place.(Ex. Myers, Ehrhoff, Miller, Pominville, Ennis, CoHo, Armia, Pysyk and Foligno)

Share your thoughts please.

Matty K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

I chose I'm still in shock, because it's funny.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1280
I'd go with a serious retool similar to what the Sens did last season. They got rid a lot of players and kept a few key players. The players they got rid of weren't bad. They had just grown stale playing together and gotten too comfortable.

Buffaloed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:03 PM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed View Post
I'd go with a serious retool similar to what the Sens did last season. They got rid a lot of players and kept a few key players. The players they got rid of weren't bad. They had just grown stale playing together and gotten too comfortable.
Before the season. One would of thought Buffalo would of been better then Ottawa. But look who made the playoffs and who did not. Buffalo needs to do the same. Out with a few. In with the new. I like our defense. We just need some grit and toughness on the offense. I almost for got and we need a #1 center. Parise on this team. Roy gone would be my dream scenario. Are there any other #1 centers we have a shot at realistic?

AlexanderMogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:15 PM
joshjull

Where does the idea come from that this is still stale lineup thats been together too long?

The top 9 at the end of the year

Leino/Roy/Pommer
Foligno/Ennis/Stafford
Tropp/Hodgson/Vanek

There are just 4 players (likely to be just 3 by the start of next season) that are long tenured Sabres in that group.

Our defense is also relatively new group with Ehrhoff, Regehr, Sulzer just getting here. Leo has only two years as a Sabre. Sekera and Myers are the only dman with any "time" here.

Then there are the goalies. Miller obviously has time here but Enroth is just starting out.

I think posters need to take a break from their ranting and raving to realize there is been a decent amount of turnover and I doubt its done.

Last edited by joshjull: 05-11-2012 at 02:20 PM.
joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Where does the idea come from that this is still stale lineup thats been together too long?

Leino/Roy/Pommer
Foligno/Ennis/Stafford
Tropp/Hodgson/Vanek

There are just 4 players (likely to be just 3 by the start of next season) that are long tenured Sabres in that group.

Our defense is also realively new group with Ehrhoff, Regehr, Sulzer just getting here. Leo has only two years as a Sabre. Sekera and Myers are the only dman with any "time" here.

Then there are the goalies. Miller obviously has time here but Enroth is just starting out.

I think posters need to take a break from their ranting and raving to realize there is been a decent amount of turnover and I doubt its done.
This X100

I think people have either forgotten or flat out ignored Regiers actions and statements during the course of the year. Changes have been happening. Dunno what else regier has to say or do to prove that...

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:26 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:

Leino/Roy/Pommer
Foligno/Ennis/Stafford
Tropp/Hodgson/Vanek

Our defense is also relatively new group with Ehrhoff, Regehr, Sulzer just getting here. Leo has only two years as a Sabre. Sekera and Myers are the only dman with any "time" here.

thanks for posting this, well done

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:37 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
This X100

I think people have either forgotten or flat out ignored Regiers actions and statements during the course of the year. Changes have been happening. Dunno what else regier has to say or do to prove that...
Fire Ruff, then resign?

slip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:22 PM
gallagt01

Quote:

Leino/Roy/Pommer
Foligno/Ennis/Stafford
Tropp/Hodgson/Vanek

People are taking "the core as stale" as a generality regarding the lineup.

The core is most definitely stale.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Matty K

Quote:

Leino/Roy/Pommer
Foligno/Ennis/Stafford
Tropp/Hodgson/Vanek

I'm not ranting and don't take me as a fool I know what's going on with this Organization and when I meant same faces I obviously meant the "Rochester" Core that's been here for a while. The core that is mentally fragile and takes up over $26,000,000M in Cap Space.(Vanek, Miller, Roy, Staff, Pominville).

I get Regier is starting to change things with Ehrhoff(great signing TBH), Leino(who played better down the stretch), Regehr(on the decline?), Foligno(what a gem we have), Tropp, CoHo(nice pickup by Regier), McNabb but it starts with the guys who have been given leadership of this Squad which is the "Rochester" Core. Don't get me wrong Regier had a hell of a TDL with the additions of CoHo, 1st Rounder and Sulzer but until Regier starts moving some of the "Rochester" Core guys like Staff, Roy and Vanek will be still be leading the helm of our beloved Sabres. I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
People are taking "the core as stale" as a generality regarding the lineup.

The core is most definitely stale.
I would like to see the "Rochester" Core gutted.

Old
05-11-2012, 04:58 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty K View Post
I'm tired of some Sabres fans thinking that there's the same names here year after year. Clueless to say the least.

And if you meant the "Rochester core", then why didn't you say that? Why isn't that in your thread title? Or start your post by making that clear?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Matty K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I'm tired of some Sabres fans thinking that there's the same names here year after year. Clueless to say the least.

And if you meant the "Rochester core", then why didn't you say that? Why isn't that in your thread title? Or start your post by making that clear?

I thought that is everyones thought initially is the "Rochester" Core. My bad if there has been any miss understanding.

Old
05-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

I dunno guys, my feeling after last season was to kind of improve the D and then just see what the forwards look like in camp. That's kind of my feelings this summer as well. If they can get a another stud defense man to play in the top 4?! Man, I would be so excited thinking about next season. Suter is going to get probably a little more than he's worth but that's okay, I would totally pay it because defense men like him can play 25 minutes a game. He will effect the game about 5 minutes more than a star center would, so if you're going to overspend, do it on a top 4 defense man. I would rather have Suter on the team over Parise or Staal, that's for sure.

It also makes things interesting if they sign him via FA, because they will have given up nothing to get him, and they could move some of their great young defensive players for forwards.

Suter-Myers
Sekera-Ehrhoff
Regher-Leopold
Sulzer

LOL dude that's a Stanley Cup defense. Then you got Miller backing them up. All the forwards would benefit from having a puck moving defense like that.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:57 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
I don't mind the roster, it's better on paper than teams still in the playoffs.

Talk to me about players after the coach is gone.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:46 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
I don't mind the roster, it's better on paper than teams still in the playoffs.

Talk to me about players after the coach is gone.
this times a ****ton.

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:21 PM
McTank

We could use new everything, anyone over 25 I wont be dissapointed if they go, any management with the exception of darcy I wouldnt mind getting canned. Its time for a new identity

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:53 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
We could use new everything, anyone over 25 I wont be dissapointed if they go, any management with the exception of darcy I wouldnt mind getting canned. Its time for a new identity
Age discrimination .... Nice

Old
05-11-2012, 07:56 PM
McTank

Quote:
Age discrimination .... Nice

Ever heard of out with the old in with the new?

Old
05-11-2012, 08:18 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Ever heard of out with the old in with the new?
Out with the "not so good", in with the "better player".... Regardless of age. But I guess my logic is wrong

Old
05-11-2012, 09:14 PM
McTank

Quote:
Out with the "not so good", in with the "better player".... Regardless of age. But I guess my logic is wrong
Well do you wanna trade ennis for iginla because he is the better player?

Old
05-11-2012, 09:58 PM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

Quote:
Well do you wanna trade ennis for iginla because he is the better player?
Iginla for Ennis straight up? In a heartbeat. Iginla is a top 25 forward still. Ennis isn't a top 100 forward in the game right now.

CupWanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:45 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupWanted View Post
Iginla for Ennis straight up? In a heartbeat. Iginla is a top 25 forward still. Ennis isn't a top 100 forward in the game right now.
Alright I obviously see things differently then, I wouldnt touch moving a 22 year old for a 35 year old when we arent even a playoff team right now

Old
05-12-2012, 02:39 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty K View Post
This isn't in regards to Darcy and Lindy as we know these two will be back next Season and probably for the long term.

Just a simple question really. Is it time to tear down what Darcy built and start fresh?

After reading numerous posters saying player "X" and player "Y" need to go. Not to mention the numerous statements of player "Z" is a cancer and doesn't want to be here.

For me I think this Squad needs a serious re-tooling because I do believe we do have some pieces in place.(Ex. Myers, Ehrhoff, Miller, Pominville, Ennis, CoHo, Armia, Pysyk and Foligno)

Share your thoughts please.
how many threads do we need about trading?

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote