HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryzgalov Regret Leaving Phoenix?

Old
05-11-2012, 01:11 PM
lanky

vCash: 500
Bryzgalov Regret Leaving Phoenix?

Apparently he's having a hard time dealing with Flyers fans and the media attention.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395661

Quote:
What I lived through this season I wouldn't wish to an enemy
After walking away from the Coyotes and teeing off on my beloved home town Winnipeg, I don't feel any sympathy for Bryz, especially when you consider how stinking rich he is.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:21 PM
ScottsdaleYote

I am not sure if he regrets it, but I sure don't. We have a much better goalie now, and if Bryz would have stayed, I'm sure we would be staring at a 3rd straight 1st round loss and possible relocation of the franchise.

ScottsdaleYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Tom Polakis
W-L-W-L-W-L...

Quote:
"Who doesn't make mistakes?" he asked. "How many [pucks] did I catch before then? But very few notice that. People are so concentrated on the negative that they only see the bad in me. But I think you need to be kinder to each other."
Yeah, how dare people criticize a $6M goalie for making mistakes? I don't think he has idea how much his comments are going to fan the flames in Philly.

Tom Polakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:29 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Polakis View Post
Yeah, how dare people criticize a $6M goalie for making mistakes? I don't think he has idea how much his comments are going to fan the flames in Philly.
In real dollars, he made $ 10M this season + $5M in signing bonuses. Yes, you're reading this correctly: $15M of actual cash for 8 months of work. Has there been a similar payday in the league, ever??

He doesn't wish that on an enemy? Stop feeling sorry for yourself Ilya. At least just shut the F up.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:06 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Mike Smith earned two million bucks.

I love the Don. Love him.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Wile E Coyotes

Happy hes stinking it up in philly and not here! Had he not been so greedy, I'm sure don would've signed him. And we would've been out in the first round again!

Wile E Coyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

He probably would've got five and a half million per year with us, and NONE of the blame for our continued mediocrity.

Old
05-11-2012, 02:49 PM
okiepig

along the same lines I wonder if the rook is questioning the advice he listened to in cutting ties from a franchise that simply doesn't have enough talent for him to excell..
Not only did he torpedo his first full year's development he also wrapped himself up in a jacket that will follow him his whole career as a whining back stabbing twit... not bad for his first full season.

we got lucky.

okiepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:10 PM

The Coyotes would not be in the Conference finals, and possible not even the Pacific Champs if Bryz was their goalie. I truly believe that on both accounts.

I know timing comes into play and Mike Smythe is who he is today because what has transpired over the past 3 seasons. I can't help but wonder how things might have been with this Mike Smythe between the nets the past two years against the *** *****. I am fairly confident that we would have gotten past them in 7 games two years ago and maybe been more competitive last year.

Signing Mike Smythe was a genius move by Tip and Maloney. I'm not saying that he's going to be a HOF goalie from now on out or anything, but he was a cheaper upgrade than what we had.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 04:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Smith.

Old
05-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Smith.
We'll be calling him Mike 'Smythe' when the playoffs are over.

I think that's what he's getting at (Conn Smythe), anyways.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Mossy

Face palm rt!

Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:48 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
After walking away from the Coyotes and teeing off on my beloved home town Winnipeg, I don't feel any sympathy for Bryz, especially when you consider how stinking rich he is.
I understand why some people don't want to live where it's 115 in the summer. I don't understand why some people don't understand why people don't want to live where it's -50 in the winter.

DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Jamieh

I am not from Winnipeg but I believe the issue was Bryz talking about the lack of parks and nothing to do. While the winters are cold they are actually nowhere near 50 below zero. Winnipeg winters are actually a lot like AZ summers, most days you just go from car to building, just for different reasons. And Winnipeg has planty of parks and things to do. I would not be interested in living there but for someone to say things like Bryz did is wrong but if we learned anything this season from Bryz it's that what comes out of his mouth should always be filtered.

Jamieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:09 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
In real dollars, he made $ 10M this season + $5M in signing bonuses. Yes, you're reading this correctly: $15M of actual cash for 8 months of work. Has there been a similar payday in the league, ever??
The $5m signing bonus is included in the $10m total NHL salary, so he only made $10m this season.

Still probably not living on ramen noodles though.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Jamieh

The signing bonus is not included in this year's $10 million salary so he did in fact receive $15 million this year.

Jamieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:44 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post

I think that's what he's getting at (Conn Smythe), anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
Face palm rt!
I just figured they'd rename the trophy the Conn Smith.

05-11-2012, 07:02 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamieh View Post
The signing bonus is not included in this year's $10 million salary so he did in fact receive $15 million this year.
It is included. Look at Brad Richards and Christian Ehrhoff signing bonuses on capgeek for similar big signing bonuses.

If you're still not sure add up the NHL salaries on Bryz' contract and divide by the # of years, it will match his cap hit. Another indicator: the maximum compensation a player can receive in a year is 20% of the salary cap. $15m would be more than 20% of the $64.3m cap.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:06 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamieh View Post
I am not from Winnipeg but I believe the issue was Bryz talking about the lack of parks and nothing to do. While the winters are cold they are actually nowhere near 50 below zero. Winnipeg winters are actually a lot like AZ summers, most days you just go from car to building, just for different reasons. And Winnipeg has planty of parks and things to do. I would not be interested in living there but for someone to say things like Bryz did is wrong but if we learned anything this season from Bryz it's that what comes out of his mouth should always be filtered.
To add to that... Bryz also has a home in Russia. He's also a very devoted family man... and the notion of having the raise two small children in the cold year round probably didn't sound all that appealing.

TheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Safe and Sound

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
To add to that... Bryz also has a home in Russia. He's also a very devoted family man... and the notion of having the raise two small children in the cold year round probably didn't sound all that appealing.
Russia isn't exactly a frozen wasteland in the summer (in the populated areas at least).

I understand your point though. Being used to warm climates myself though, even Philadelphia seems cold to someone like me.

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:55 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Earlier this week at game five, I was going on about Mike "the Conn Smythe" with my friend and then started calling him Smythe for fun for the next little while. I wasn't sure whether I should be amused or horrified when the guy next to us turned to his significant other and says very seriously, "You know that Mike Smythe is one of the better goalies in the league" That's when I knew the bandwagoners were coming out to the games.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:02 PM
TimeParadox*

He regrets being exposed , finally.

TimeParadox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
To add to that... Bryz also has a home in Russia. He's also a very devoted family man...and the notion of having the raise two small children in the cold year round probably didn't sound all that appealing.
I hope you just forgot to put the after your statement, otherwise you are very misinformed.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:05 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgame View Post
He regrets being exposed , finally.
It's basic math....

Bryz + Sean Burke = $51 million goalie

Bryz - Sean Burke = AHL

TheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Bryz can cry all he wants but he made his choice and his only hope now is that the next CBA doesn't have an amnesty clause in it, otherwise he is done in Philly and in the NHL for that matter.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote