HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2012, 05:04 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
How about we quit counting on Euros and get some hard hitting NA boys who can put the puck in the net? Don't get me wrong, I love Erat and Josi but frankly I want some guys who are willing to play the body and can put the puck in the net.
Any interest in something around Ryane Clowe and Colin Wilson? Clowey fits your criteria to a T.

Old
05-10-2012, 05:20 PM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
I doubt that's the case. They're brothers, but they appear to be fairly independent of one another.

I see AK staying.

Rads on the other hand...that one is anyone's guess.

McGrattin will walk.

Gaustad didn't help as much as I thought he would, but I'd still like Poile to re-sign him.
Never said they were not but if it took keeping SK to get AK i would not offer AK anything and trade SK.
Goose would be one i would go after but i dont know about paying him what he is going to want to be a 4th line center.

Old
05-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I would absolutely love Goose back, but I doubt he stays. I think he he's back in Buffalo next year. If he'll take anything less than 1.75 million, I want him here.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:22 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

So here's something i didn't know... In today's Cooper chat, it was mentioned that Kyle Wilson is on a one way deal next year. There's a roster spot right there.

Old
05-10-2012, 11:48 PM
hockey diva

Oops! Left this off my post.

Old
05-11-2012, 07:13 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
So here's something i didn't know... In today's Cooper chat, it was mentioned that Kyle Wilson is on a one way deal next year. There's a roster spot right there.

Old
05-11-2012, 08:15 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
A one way deal doesn't mean he has to be on the NHL roster I don't think. It just means he's paid NHL money even if he plays in the AHL.

Old
05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
preds1

vCash: 605
Not sure if posted here yet......

<snip>

Both players quickly felt welcome in Smashville.

“After the trade, I think I kind of found a niche here. I really enjoyed that. It takes a while to get in and figure where you belong, but it happened really quickly. I have no regrets at all,” Gill said about the trade.

Gaustad’s quick connection to the team made the second round loss to Phoenix a particularly difficult defeat.

“Everyone embraced me. I felt like a part of this team. I took this loss just as hard as any loss I’ve had in the playoffs. It is a great team, and it is unfortunate that we didn’t go farther. You have goals. You want to win the Stanley Cup. We had that goal, and we didn’t achieve it,” he said.

Despite their short tenure in Nashville, Gill and Gaustad have both expressed an interest in remaining with the Predators.

“Right now, you decompress and regroup. Then you make decisions, talk to the team and see about doing something, and work it out,” Gill said, adding, “I’m getting older, so I really want to win. That’s really what it is all about. You want to play on a team that can win. I think it is a great young group, with good coaching, in a good city. I like it here, and I’d love to play [for Nashville].”

Interviews between players and coaches began on Thursday. The 37-year-old said he would make his intentions known at the meeting. However, those intentions were already known by at least one member of the Predators’ management, Head Coach Barry Trotz.

“Both would like to come back,” Trotz said of Gill and Gaustad. “I think anytime you acquire players, those are guys who you bring in to fill in holes. We still have holes. That’s why we got them. Every time you acquire someone, it is to make you better. They both made us better.”

Before being traded to Nashville, Gaustad spent his entire career in Buffalo. With seven years of NHL experience behind him, many teams would likely seek the services of a forward of Gaustad’s caliber during the free agency period. Like Gill, however, the center has also expressed an interest in re-signing with Nashville.

“I think Nashville has a great chance and a great future with the guys they have here and the coaching staff. It is definitely a place you want to play,” he said.

A lot of factors may go into a player’s decision as to whether or not he wants to sign with a particular team. For Gaustad, he was particularly impressed with the citizens of Smashville.

“You have to start with the fans. The culture here is different than it is perceived in the NHL. The fans have been great. The organization is a top-notch organization. Everyone gives their best here. It is a winning culture,” he said.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...ville/10767962

Old
05-11-2012, 12:22 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I'd like to keep them both. Gill would be great for the young guys and can eat time on the bottom pairing. 1 year/$1.5 mil.
Goose would be a great fourth liner, but I'm afraid he's going to look for $3 a year.

Old
05-11-2012, 01:32 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
A one way deal doesn't mean he has to be on the NHL roster I don't think. It just means he's paid NHL money even if he plays in the AHL.
Correct. It's entirely possible that we'd pay him the $550k he's due to be a go-to guy for Milwaukee. If he is on the team, he most certainly will not be an everyday player.

Old
05-11-2012, 01:54 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Correct. It's entirely possible that we'd pay him the $550k he's due to be a go-to guy for Milwaukee. If he is on the team, he most certainly will not be an everyday player.
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Old
05-11-2012, 02:40 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
I don't mean to as I've already said this, but if/when Suter leaves, I'm talking to Weber immediately. If he only wants another one year deal, he's trade bait. I'm also checking the market for Lindback. See if he'll fetch us a first and sign a cheap backup. I think Lindy only started in 13 games this year.

Can any of you help me and tell me what you think a hypothetical deal for Weber to the Flyers looks like? I think the Flyers would be more interested in him then Suter (though certainly happy with either).

Old
05-11-2012, 05:01 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Can any of you help me and tell me what you think a hypothetical deal for Weber to the Flyers looks like? I think the Flyers would be more interested in him then Suter (though certainly happy with either).
hartnell + top 4 dman + 1st round pick .. maybe coots/scheen + simmonds + 1st

more than that honestly. weber is the number one defenseman in the NHL

Old
05-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Soundgarden

I think Couturier + Schenn + Defenseman capable of 20+ minutes + 1st?

That or Giroux for Weber, but that won't happen.

Old
05-11-2012, 05:21 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
hartnell + top 4 dman + 1st round pick .. maybe coots/scheen + simmonds + 1st

more than that honestly. weber is the number one defenseman in the NHL
I could handle that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I think Couturier + Schenn + Defenseman capable of 20+ minutes + 1st?

That or Giroux for Weber, but that won't happen.
Yeegads.

Safe to say you'd prefer a center to a wing, generally speaking?

Old
05-11-2012, 05:28 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
I could handle that.

Yeegads.

Safe to say you'd prefer a center to a wing, generally speaking?
definitely a center.. give us giroux we will give you weber and radulov lol

Old
05-11-2012, 05:38 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
definitely a center.. give us giroux we will give you weber and radulov lol

Thanks...but I'll pass.

Everytime I think about Giroux's contract, I smile.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:03 PM
dulzhok

Hornqvsist + Klien for Enstrom

Klien's value is at an all time high due to his play in the Detroit series. He's this years Joel Ward. We know he can't maintain that level of play.

TRADE HIS MISTAKEN PRONE SELF WHILE HIS VALUE IS HIGH. He's also UFA in 1 year and we'll probably lose him at that point.

Be a litte proactive in the offseason for once, DP.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:06 PM
dulzhok

SK has got to go. It's painfully obvious he's not a sustainable scoring line winger on a contending team.

Maybe he has some value. Regardless, I don't want to see him on the Predators next year unless he's making 2m or less.

I love Horny's effort, but he has so many limitations. His value is pretty high right now.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Legwand and Fisher for scoring line centers At least Fisher's contract is up in a year.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Hornqvsist + Klien for Enstrom

Klien's value is at an all time high due to his play in the Detroit series. He's this years Joel Ward. We know he can't sustain that level of play.

TRADE HIS MISTAKEN PRONE SELF WHILE HIS VALUE IS HIGH. He's also UFA in 1 year and we'll probably lose him at that point.

Be a litte proactive in the offseason for once, DP.
I think that'd be counterproductive. Sure if we lost Suter gaining Enstrom would help a lot, but losing Suter and Klein and only gaining Enstrom would be one step in place and then two more steps backwards.

I don't think we'd be a better team overall if that trade were to go down, especially if we include Hornqvist too.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:12 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
I think that'd be counterproductive. Sure if we lost Suter gaining Enstrom would help a lot, but losing Suter and Klein and only gaining Enstrom would be one step in place and then two more steps backwards.

I don't think we'd be a better team overall if that trade were to go down, especially if we include Hornqvist too.
Enstrom replaces Suter.

We can find a better Kevin Kelin on the UFA market. He needs to be upgraded anyway.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:30 PM
NoNecksCurse

its painfully obvious that poile and trotz dont know how to draft and develop top 6 scoring forwards.

hornqvist is the first preds forward we have drafted to score 20 goals in 3 seasons in a row. he was a late pick that we got lucky on (still impressive).. still doesn't belong in a top 6 role imo but definitely on the PP units.

poile can draft stud/good defenseman in spades but man we need a game breaker up front. always have and still dont have one. its tough when you are good and not great and constantly draft in the 15-25 slots.

we either need to start tanking (oilers ??) ... jk.. or win a cup with all defense and pekka

Old
05-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Enstrom replaces Suter.

We can find a better Kevin Kelin on the UFA market. He needs to be upgraded anyway.
Yeah Enstrom replaces Suter, but what if we don't sign an UFA? Which knowing Poile is most likely to happen. Who replaces Klein, and more importantly, imo, Hornqvist?

If Suter and Klein leave and we only replace them with Enstrom our blueline looks incredibly young, even more then it did this year. I'd almost be hoping for Boullion to be returning if this were the case.

This is just my two cents though.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
its painfully obvious that poile and trotz dont know how to draft and develop top 6 scoring forwards.

hornqvist is the first preds forward we have drafted to score 20 goals in 3 seasons in a row. he was a late pick that we got lucky on (still impressive).. still doesn't belong in a top 6 role imo but definitely on the PP units.

poile can draft stud/good defenseman in spades but man we need a game breaker up front. always have and still dont have one. its tough when you are good and not great and constantly draft in the 15-25 slots.

we either need to start tanking (oilers ??) ... jk.. or win a cup with all defense and pekka
Hartnell? I'm sure Radulov could have too, but we all know that story.

I may be the only one, but I'm very optimistic with our forward prospects. I know all of them won't work out, and a lot of them will be grinder types, but I don't think I've ever felt better about our young forwards.

If Wilson and Smith keep progressing and learning the game I'm sure they'd be able to hit 20+ goals multiple times.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:45 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Hartnell? I'm sure Radulov could have too, but we all know that story.

I may be the only one, but I'm very optimistic with our forward prospects. I know all of them won't work out, and a lot of them will be grinder types, but I don't think I've ever felt better about our young forwards.

If Wilson and Smith keep progressing and learning the game I'm sure they'd be able to hit 20+ goals multiple times.
radulov I dont count because poile drafted him knowing of character issues. he hasn't done squat in the NHL

hartnell ill give credit to poile. forgot about him with liarpold forcing his hand.. wish we still had hartnell.

and agreed. wilson and smith show tons of potential. but trotz is not an easy coach to play for. we'll see how they do going forward but I see no reason why wilson can't net 50+ points a year. and smith 25+ goals a year.. still not a dynamic forward up front by any means.

Closed Thread