HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Historic Outdoor Game Day

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2003, 06:48 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Historic Outdoor Game Day

Old
11-22-2003, 07:14 AM
PEli*

vCash: 500
Hahahahaha! That's classic!

I feel sorry for the Americans here without Center Ice. ESPN and the NHL have not worked out a deal which would allow viewers to see this game tonight. Instead, ESPN Classic subscribers will be allowed to view it next week.

Too bad...

Old
11-22-2003, 09:17 AM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEli
Hahahahaha! That's classic!

I feel sorry for the Americans here without Center Ice. ESPN and the NHL have not worked out a deal which would allow viewers to see this game tonight. Instead, ESPN Classic subscribers will be allowed to view it next week.

Too bad...
Oh, at least they'll air it SOME time.

Still, jeers to ESPN. They can take their scrabble/poker/cheerleading/"original programming" competitions and do something...uh...not nice with it.

Old
11-22-2003, 03:46 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
CBC.........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This might sound stupid with the discussions about poor attendance at the meadowlands everybody has been having lately but I'd love to see a Devils-Rangers game at Giants Stadium. The way that place is built it would be perfect, and from what I have been reading and hearing people have been coming from all over to see an outdoor game a good crowd showing up might not be unrealistic.

How I would do it is set the hockey rink at one end of the stadium, with the goals be placed at the opposite ends at I dunno lets say the 25 yard line. Then set up temporiary bleachers on the open end. This would be the same way they do it for the college basketballs final four when they play at the big stadiums.

It would also have to be done after the NFL season is done so there would be no conflict problem. So Febuary would sound good.

Like I said it might sound stupid but you never know..........

Old
11-22-2003, 07:01 PM
Tbg1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
This might sound stupid with the discussions about poor attendance at the meadowlands everybody has been having lately but I'd love to see a Devils-Rangers game at Giants Stadium. The way that place is built it would be perfect, and from what I have been reading and hearing people have been coming from all over to see an outdoor game a good crowd showing up might not be unrealistic.

How I would do it is set the hockey rink at one end of the stadium, with the goals be placed at the opposite ends at I dunno lets say the 25 yard line. Then set up temporiary bleachers on the open end. This would be the same way they do it for the college basketballs final four when they play at the big stadiums.

It would also have to be done after the NFL season is done so there would be no conflict problem. So Febuary would sound good.

Like I said it might sound stupid but you never know..........

FEBUARY WOULD BE GOOD, TRY END OF DECEMBER CAUS ETHE GIANTS AND JETS ARENT PLAYING INTO THE PLAYOFFS

Old
11-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbg1515
FEBUARY WOULD BE GOOD, TRY END OF DECEMBER CAUS ETHE GIANTS AND JETS ARENT PLAYING INTO THE PLAYOFFS

Sometimes it really never gets cold around here till Febuary. Don't know if the game could be played in 40-50 degree weather.......

Old
11-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Glad to see TSN had a nice article on Gretzky's daughter singing before the players came out. She was awesome for 14 years of age. Wayne and Janet both couldn't have looked more proud of their daughter then they did last night. She brought the whole place down with her rendition.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=61608

Old
11-24-2003, 08:37 AM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilFisch
Still, jeers to ESPN. They can take their scrabble/poker/cheerleading/"original programming" competitions and do something...uh...not nice with it.
Shove it where the sun don't shine?

The poker is somewhat interesting...but still, one fact is inescapable -
IT'S NOT A SPORT!!!!!
As the great Vince Lombardi said "They're not playing tiddly-winks out there." (and if I ever see a tiddly-winks tournament on ESPN, I might just go postal).
Of course ESPN gave it coverage on SportSCenter and will show it on ESPN Classic, just to give lip-service to hockey fans.
"Oh yeah? Well these lips were on your wife...last night."
The best part is the ESPN promo where they show some guy in a factory saying that he's one of the guys who makes hockey at the factory and that "Some people think hockey's made in Canada..."
Oh Good Lord, where would we ever get an assumption like that?
<(-:{
ESPN can only wish that hockey were a manufactured sport like basketball or football has become, then they could simply outsource it rather than having to work for an audience. They would be following in the footsteps of the music industry with such manufactured acts like N'Sync or Britney Spears.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:35 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilFisch

It wasn't ESPN's fault, the blame should go to the NHL.

ESPN has television contracts to show college football games on Saturday nights. The contracts have been in place for years and can't be broken.

If the NHL waits 3 weeks to have the game colloege football season is over and ESPN would put the game on TV.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
It wasn't ESPN's fault, the blame should go to the NHL.

ESPN has television contracts to show college football games on Saturday nights. The contracts have been in place for years and can't be broken.

If the NHL waits 3 weeks to have the game colloege football season is over and ESPN would put the game on TV.
I wonder how many college games started a 7PM EST or later?

Old
11-24-2003, 10:52 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
I wonder how many college games started a 7PM EST or later?
They have a contract to show a Saturday night game on both ESPN & ESPN 2.

Closed Thread