HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2012, 06:12 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Yeah Enstrom replaces Suter, but what if we don't sign an UFA? Which knowing Poile is most likely to happen. Who replaces Klein, and more importantly, imo, Hornqvist?

If Suter and Klein leave and we only replace them with Enstrom our blueline looks incredibly young, even more then it did this year. I'd almost be hoping for Boullion to be returning if this were the case.

This is just my two cents though.
And what if Suter leaves and we get no one to replace him (a very likely scenario actually)? We'll see KK as our top d pair-- god help us.

Klein is very replaceable if Poile/mgmt put a little effort into it. And his trade value in at an all-time high. And he's UFA in 1 year and stands a good chance to walk. Kick Klein to the Kurb! The time is right. Yes, we need to bring in other veteran dman/dmen, but just get it done.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:56 PM
token grinder

It is laughable to think that if suter leaves it is the end of the world. It isnt. He leaves, and if we are true to spending a bit of money for the right fits, maybe we upgrade two spots and just live with the growing pains of Josi or Blum playing with Weber

Old
05-11-2012, 07:54 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
It is laughable to think that if suter leaves it is the end of the world. It isnt. He leaves, and if we are true to spending a bit of money for the right fits, maybe we upgrade two spots and just live with the growing pains of Josi or Blum playing with Weber
this.

we'll be fine

Old
05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...n-suspensions/

Old
05-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I really want to get a bonafide #1 center right now. I don't know what the deal would look like, but someone like Pavelski or Statsny might be available for the right price. San Jose may want to blow it up this offseason, and Colorado has bigger needs than center with Duchene and ROR.

Old
05-11-2012, 08:34 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
What does the end of the world mean to you? Flaming fires from hell and various people rising to clouds? No, that probably won't happen if Suter doesn't resign.

But if he walks and we do nothing to replace him, I have little doubt we'll take a step back. And that's just dealing with 1 of our 15 UFA/RFAs.

Poile has not made a significant offseason addition via UFA or trade since he signed Jason Arnott SIX YEARS AGO. Sergie Kosistynen would be the next closest thing to a significant addition. After that, you're looking at Jack Hillen territory.

Do I hope Poile can get a couple decent UFAs and maybe even get creative with trading? Hell Yes! But I have my doubts-- it's Poile. The only time he typical making moves is at the deadline when prices are high, creativity isn't need (highest bidder wins), and players don't have much time to gel before the playoffs.

Old
05-12-2012, 07:33 PM
VFL615*

Im wondering if the ole Poile way is out the window now. It has been stated that we are going to be a cap team and that management is in it for one thing, the cup. This offseason could be a lot different. Maybe i am just really optomistic. Suter leaving is by far the end of the world. It will actually be for the best. I am not sure i want to see all that salary tied up in the first line D and goalie. Now if Weber leaves then i am going to be concerned. Got Peka locked up. Lock Weber up and get a top line center and we are heading to better places.

Old
05-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I really want to get a bonafide #1 center right now. I don't know what the deal would look like, but someone like Pavelski or Statsny might be available for the right price. San Jose may want to blow it up this offseason, and Colorado has bigger needs than center with Duchene and ROR.
Stastny would be a very good get for the Preds.

Stastny
Fisher
Legwand
Spaling

or if Goose is somehow back, move Fisher or Leggy to wing

Old
05-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Got Peka locked up. Lock Weber up and get a top line center and we are heading to better places.
This is ideal IMO. I love Suter and wish we could keep him a Pred for life. But if you ignore the personal factor and look at it from a franchise building strategy, we're probably better off with a franchise Center, Defenseman and Goaltender than Defenseman, Defenseman and Goaltender

Old
05-13-2012, 12:38 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
This is ideal IMO. I love Suter and wish we could keep him a Pred for life. But if you ignore the personal factor and look at it from a franchise building strategy, we're probably better off with a franchise Center, Defenseman and Goaltender than Defenseman, Defenseman and Goaltender
I concur.

Old
05-13-2012, 04:14 AM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I concur.
I do as well. I would like to have a star scoring forward for once.

The problem being...Trotzs system is just not adapted to high powered scoring forwards. It's a defensive responsibility type system and it will diminish even some of the staunchest scorer's potency.

Old
05-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Fuelled by Passion

According to Edmonton Journal Nashville is willing to trade Radulov's rights also AK-46 won't get offered contract. Meanwhile Getzlaf, Perry and Benn (and maybe more) were spotted 4:30 a.m in Helsinki bar drinking and dancing. Unlike the "Russian" accident photos and clips DO EXIST.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBOr_...ayer_embedded#!
Off course no big deal or any kind of reaction from Canadian media or team Canada management. Double standards detected again? Hell yeah

Old
05-13-2012, 11:58 AM
NoNecksCurse

im assuming, if that is true, that radulov and ak both being shipped out is cause of their night out. way to go, poile. we don't need em

poile will need to address some more scoring punch up front for sure

Old
05-13-2012, 12:51 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
According to Edmonton Journal Nashville is willing to trade Radulov's rights also AK-46 won't get offered contract. Meanwhile Getzlaf, Perry and Benn (and maybe more) were spotted 4:30 a.m in Helsinki bar drinking and dancing. Unlike the "Russian" accident photos and clips DO EXIST.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBOr_...ayer_embedded#!
Off course no big deal or any kind of reaction from Canadian media or team Canada management. Double standards detected again? Hell yeah
Why in the hell does management not want people around with offensive talent??? wtf? If this is true. Effin BS.

Old
05-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Top 6 Spaling

If AK, Rads, and Suter all leave, we are gonna have some serious, serious cash to work with. Problem is, I don't see many people outside of Parise worth spending it on.

Old
05-13-2012, 01:05 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Why in the hell does management not want people around with offensive talent??? wtf? If this is true. Effin BS.
probably off-ice .. drinking at the bar before game 2.

very un-predator like to let that slip without serious consequences. thus, shipping them out

Old
05-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Reasons I love NHL12: At the deadline, I just traded Ryan Suter (2 months of him) for Tyler Myers

Old
05-13-2012, 03:59 PM
predfan98

http://holikonhockey.com/bobby-blog/...the-predators/

interesting take...

do we want more of the same? perhaps in the long run.... we need big changes...perhaps being forced into changes with Suter leaving are the best thing..
(ducking for cover)

"Nashville lost because Shea Weber, Ryan Suter, Martin Erat, Mike Fisher and Pekka Rinne were not good enough. I expected the league’s top defensive pair in Weber and Suter be dominant at least in some of the games. They weren’t."

If we bring in a franchise center.... we need a proven leader..

Old
05-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I didn't want AK back regardless of the curfew ordeal. He just didn't fit IMO.

Radulov I'd like to keep, unless we can bring in someone else with high offensive talent. I wouldn't be terribly upset if we dealt him though. Would be nice to cleanse ourselves of all that drama.

Old
05-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I think it might be time to do what Philly did last summer. They dealt Richards and Carter for guys like Vorachek, Schenn, and Couturier. Maybe, if they want out, we should deal Weber, Suter, AK, Radulov, and SK for guys like that. Get a really solid young nucleus to add to Josi, Bourque, Wilson, Smith, Ellis, and Blum.

Old
05-13-2012, 04:26 PM
NoNecksCurse

this is no knock on poile.... but he would never pull anything remotely close to what philly and holmgren did last summer

Old
05-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
this is no knock on poile.... but he would never pull anything remotely close to what philly and holmgren did last summer
If Weber and Suter both say they won't resign here, do you think he would hesitate to deal them for the best available deal? I agree he wouldn't if they were signed longterm like Carter and Richards, but if his hand was forced....

Old
05-13-2012, 04:43 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
If Weber and Suter both say they won't resign here, do you think he would hesitate to deal them for the best available deal? I agree he wouldn't if they were signed longterm like Carter and Richards, but if his hand was forced....
if he knew they both wouldn't re-sign, id sure hope he would deal them. too late for suter (should have been dealt in hindsight) ..he needs to find weber's intentions point blank this summer and if weber says anything but signing on the dotted line, poile needs to think long and hard about dealing him. weber saying "i want to see how this season goes".... wouldn't cut it imo

Old
05-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
if he knew they both wouldn't re-sign, id sure hope he would deal them. too late for suter (should have been dealt in hindsight) ..he needs to find weber's intentions point blank this summer and if weber says anything but signing on the dotted line, poile needs to think long and hard about dealing him. weber saying "i want to see how this season goes".... wouldn't cut it imo
He said Weber and Suter would be negotiated with together. I really think that its either both or neither, starting next year. Could be wrong...but we'll see.

Old
05-13-2012, 05:04 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
He said Weber and Suter would be negotiated with together. I really think that its either both or neither, starting next year. Could be wrong...but we'll see.
well, thats really dumb imo. they are individuals and should be treated as such. if he treats them as a package deal, then they are both gone. suter is 100% gone.

I like the idea of franchise center, franchise defenseman, franchise goaltender.... instead of defense, defense, goalie..

_______, weber, rinne

someone like giroux

Closed Thread