HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers - Canucks

Old
05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Dreamskull

vCash: 500
Kesler + Ballard + pic/prospect

for

Girardi + Boyle + Dubinski

salary is a wash.

Dreamskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:23 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I have in past suggested some variation of Stepan + for Kesler or Edler. I vote yes to the right variation on this theme, but no on this exact deal.

Need to keep Staal. All our upcoming D (McIlrath, Noreau, Ceresniak) are righty. To lefties in the pipeline.

Also not so fast on Fasth.

Something with principals
Stepan + Girardi + small consideration
for
Keserl + Edler + small consideration

is what I think is a workable core.

Yeah we have more LD than RD's and u wanna trade Girardi... McIlrath and those other players you mentioned are not ready for NHL...

Use your ******* head, jesus christ...

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
6 months from now is early-mid November, not January.
They'll be careful with him. Oh and Kesler>>>>Stepan. I love how every hockey fans has a what have you done for me lately mentality. Shows a lack of wisdom. Kesler was injured pretty much the entire year.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:55 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
They'll be careful with him. Oh and Kesler>>>>Stepan. I love how every hockey fans has a what have you done for me lately mentality. Shows a lack of wisdom. Kesler was injured pretty much the entire year.
Kesler>Stepan not as big a difference as you think, Stepan is much further along at his age than Kesler was. Give Stepan 2 more years and he's passing Kesler. Staal=Edler I think offer different things that they are both better at than the other. This is also a league where it's what can you do now and the future, your past is good but if you can't repeat it it's of no use.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Perro

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
Really bad for Vancouver. The only way Kesler + Edler are traded, is if we get upgrades in both positions, like Kopitar + Doughty. A late 1st and a decent prospect is not enough to downgrade heavily in both positions.
Do you serisouly htink that Kessler and Edler = Kopi and Doughty

As far as the original post. If there were concerns about Kessler not fully healing, and if the nucks needed the cap space it coudl work out.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamskull View Post
Kesler + Ballard + pic/prospect

for

Girardi + Boyle + Dubinski

salary is a wash.
yea no! Canucks trade away their secondary scoring for another good two way d-man and a more expensive version of Raymond, and a very good 4th liner?

counter:
Malhotra + Raymond + Edler

for

Stepan + Staal + pick/prospect

See how terrible ur offer is now?

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
:

Do you serisouly htink that Kessler and Edler = Kopi and Doughty

As far as the original post. If there were concerns about Kessler not fully healing, and if the nucks needed the cap space it coudl work out.
did u not read his post? he said only way those 2 are traded are for an upgrade like Kopitar and Doughty.

What part of upgrades on Kesler and Edler does not mean that he thinks Kopitar and Doughty are better?

Man people on these boards need to learn how to read a whole post and not just nit pick

Old
05-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Dreamskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
yea no! Canucks trade away their secondary scoring for another good two way d-man and a more expensive version of Raymond, and a very good 4th liner?

counter:
Malhotra + Raymond + Edler

for

Stepan + Staal + pick/prospect

See how terrible ur offer is now?
i'm actually a nuck's fan and thought it was decent. Girardi would be the perfect match with edler and can cover his defensive lapses which would allow edler to concentrate more on offense. Boyle would be our new 3rd line center who is bigger and cheaper than pahlsson. Dubinski is better than raymond but i added him in to make up salary.

prefer Kesler for Girardi + Boyle? The rangers won't just give up girardi without getting quality back.

as for your proposal, I wouldn't ask malhotra to waive his no trade clause. he mean's too much to the team, better to buy him out and offer him a position with the team. (and yeah, i know it was sarcasm.)

Old
05-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
i'm actually a nuck's fan and thought it was decent. Girardi would be the perfect match with edler and can cover his defensive lapses which would allow edler to concentrate more on offense. Boyle would be our new 3rd line center who is bigger and cheaper than pahlsson. Dubinski is better than raymond but i added him in to make up salary.

prefer Kesler for Girardi + Boyle? The rangers won't just give up girardi without getting quality back.

as for your proposal, I wouldn't ask malhotra to waive his no trade clause. he mean's too much to the team, better to buy him out and offer him a position with the team. (and yeah, i know it was sarcasm.)
Not open to trading Kesler at all for an upgrade on defense. Why make a trade for one need that opens up an even bigger hole on the team?

This team already doesn't have secondary scoring after Kesler, how will they have any secondary scoring if Kesler is gone?

If we had a scoring 3rd line, I'd be more open to trading Kesler for a d-man, but right now unless Schroeder steps up big time and can put up numbers while playing a solid 2 way game on that 3rd line, theres no way Kesler can be moved unless its for a better foward

Old
05-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Dreamskull

Quote:
Not open to trading Kesler at all for an upgrade on defense. Why make a trade for one need that opens up an even bigger hole on the team?

This team already doesn't have secondary scoring after Kesler, how will they have any secondary scoring if Kesler is gone?

If we had a scoring 3rd line, I'd be more open to trading Kesler for a d-man, but right now unless Schroeder steps up big time and can put up numbers while playing a solid 2 way game on that 3rd line, theres no way Kesler can be moved unless its for a better foward
if we moved kesler for defense we would need to make another move for our top 6. i think that's obvious.

(my offseason plan in a perfect world from the armchair gm thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=334 )

Old
05-11-2012, 01:05 PM
NYVanfan

Canucks are an elite team who had a bad playoff.
they would be stupid to trade away their best younger players on sweet deals unless they're for clear upgrades, which no deal ive seen so far represents.

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
if we moved kesler for defense we would need to make another move for our top 6. i think that's obvious.

(my offseason plan in a perfect world from the armchair gm thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=334 )
Well unless it was guaranteed that the Canucks were going to get one of the better top 6 fowards for one of their goalies, then i may be more open to it.

Personally if that was to happen, I'd rather make it a 3 way where we move one of our goalies to one team, then the offensive player they send us to NYR for Girardi

Old
05-11-2012, 02:59 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Quote:
Yeah we have more LD than RD's
But we have none on the way up. None.

Quote:
and u wanna trade Girardi...
Aside from the fact I prefer Staal, Girardi is our most likely significant asset to deal for significant scoring.

Quote:
McIlrath and those other players you mentioned are not ready for NHL...
I didn't say the other 2 were.
At least McIlrath, a righty, will be here at some point next year, sooner or later.
He's a stay at home D, so while he has a lot to learn, he can get by initially with a slightly less developed skill set if we need him because positionally (clear the crease, etc.) he already fits what we need to a T. He's being groomed now for other things, skating stamina, technique, etc., but he'll be fine especially if put with a guy like MDZ.

Quote:
Use your ******* head, jesus christ.
You are confusing me with my Friend.

I AM BERNMEISTER ....

Last edited by bernmeister: 05-11-2012 at 03:07 PM.
bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:53 PM
hefsbeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
As someone from an outsiders prospective, Kesler is one of the most overated players in the league. I don't see many Vancouver games but he was non exsistant in the playoffs this year. I can't speak for how the Nucks organization values him but I think that offer was pretty fair.
I can tell

hefsbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:56 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Neither party does this deal, particularly with Kesler hurt.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Meh. I kind of want to grab Dubinsky out of NYR. If Parise goes there, we could probably grab the guy for Raymond. I realize there's much more risk with Dubinsky than there is with Raymond, but I'd give it a shot. We could role with two lines of:

Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Dubinsky-Schroeder-Booth

Maybe Kassian would fit in somewhere, but it'd be nice to grab some big wingers to play with Schroeder.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:39 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefsbeaver View Post
I can tell
Well tell me how he's so special and worth the world for? I know stats aren't everything but Stepan if he keeps improving like he has will be better than Kesler sooner rather than later. He also doesn't play on the first PP unit to inflate his numbers, and plays top PK minutes. I'm not hating on Kesler but he's not that valuable IMO.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:20 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
So how does this deal help make the Rangers the better team? They are taking a huge risk if they deal one of their homegrown young talent for a guy who has taken a beating over the past few years. Kesler is a great player, but I have my doubts that he'll stay healthy or even produce like he did the previous season.
He makes 800k more than 9 goal Dubinsky.

Kesler isn't going anywhere.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:38 PM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Well tell me how he's so special and worth the world for? I know stats aren't everything but Stepan if he keeps improving like he has will be better than Kesler sooner rather than later. He also doesn't play on the first PP unit to inflate his numbers, and plays top PK minutes. I'm not hating on Kesler but he's not that valuable IMO.
Ever notice how it's always people who admit they don't watch many Canucks games who keep coming up with stuff like this?

If one playoff series is enough to form your opinion of Kesler, try the Nashville series last year.

ProstheticConscience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
He makes 800k more than 9 goal Dubinsky.

Kesler isn't going anywhere.
Congrats?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Change Staal to McDonagh or the prospect to Kreider and I would consider it.
There is not one player I trade McDonagh for straight up from the Canucks.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
There isnt a player on the Rangers I'd trade Kesler for. Stepan, Callahan and Kreider are getting ridiculously overrated these playoffs when the real reason that the Rangers are even a playoff team is Lundqvist. They'd probably be a bottom 10 team without him.
lol.

If anything Kesler is the most overrated player in the league.

People actually think he's elite.

I watched him play many times this year and Canucks fans are right, he tried to play like Ovechkin this year but took a massive step back.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thOverdrive View Post
My god, the quote you quote didn't come up and I thought you called Edler a project defensemen. Was ready to unleash my rage, phew

Kesler had an offseason so I can see most of HF undervaluing and downplaying his capabilities. Kesler is still a top notch center and just because he had a bad year last year doesn't mean that he'll always be the same player he was last season. Edler, like Kesler, had a poor playoff showing (his worst I have EVER seen and he's my favourite player). Marc Staal on the other hand has played like preconcussion Staal so his value is similar to Edlers, but the Canucks covet defensemen like Edler that are more offensively capable (not taking anything away from Staal of course).

I don't see these 2 team trading unless Canucks want to take a shot at Dubinsky and even then, his value is super low right now and it may not be in Sather's best interest to trade him.
Very understandable and great response. I can see why the Canucks would turn down this deal as they probably feel more comfortable with their guys.

Old
05-11-2012, 10:03 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
There is not one player I trade McDonagh for straight up from the Canucks.
There is not one player on the Rangers i'd trade Kesler for, wouldn't trade either Sedin, Kesler or Edler for Mcdonagh.

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:04 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
lol.

If anything Kesler is the most overrated player in the league.

People actually think he's elite.

I watched him play many times this year and Canucks fans are right, he tried to play like Ovechkin this year but took a massive step back.
Maybe because of a shoulder injury that he played through? He is elite, when he is not injured.

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote