HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers - Canucks

Old
05-11-2012, 10:18 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
Maybe because of a shoulder injury that he played through? He is elite, when he is not injured.
And before he injures he's shoulder he was playing catch-up from missing the offseason.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:32 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
And before he injures he's shoulder he was playing catch-up from missing the offseason.
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Kesler was playing through a shoulder injury all year, he shouldn't have played.

Last edited by LeX4cavalier: 05-11-2012 at 10:38 PM.
LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Kesler was playing through a shoulder injury all year, he shouldn't have played.
Kesler was recovering from hip surgery last off-season and missed all of training camp and the start of the season, that's what the reference was. The shoulder injury wasn't all season, Kesler stated it happened in the last couple months, where he went 20+ games without a goal.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:01 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Kesler was recovering from hip surgery last off-season and missed all of training camp and the start of the season, that's what the reference was. The shoulder injury wasn't all season, Kesler stated it happened in the last couple months, where he went 20+ games without a goal.
Oh, that explains why he was a lot worse the last 2 months. I think that if it weren't for the injury that he'd have around 60 points, IIRC, he was on pace for that during January.

Old
05-11-2012, 11:16 PM
StringerBell

Just read through this thread and it seems clear that there's no deal to be made around Kesler, but I thought there might be a potential deal for Dubinsky. What would need to be added in a Dubinsky for Raymond+ deal?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
There is not one player on the Rangers i'd trade Kesler for, wouldn't trade either Sedin, Kesler or Edler for Mcdonagh.
That's great news since Sather will hang up as soon as he hears McDonagh's name. 1 yr at 1.3M to play 30 MPG shutdown role. Best bang for buck contract in the league next year.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Maybe because of a shoulder injury that he played through? He is elite, when he is not injured.
He has never been elite. His numbers have been largely inflated since he's gotten most of his points playing with the Sedins and Ehrhoff on the powerplay.

Besides, his injury woes only diminishes his value.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Just read through this thread and it seems clear that there's no deal to be made around Kesler, but I thought there might be a potential deal for Dubinsky. What would need to be added in a Dubinsky for Raymond+ deal?
Raymond offers no grit in his game. Perhaps if a high draft pick is offered or a decent prospect.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He has never been elite. His numbers have been largely inflated since he's gotten most of his points playing with the Sedins and Ehrhoff on the powerplay.
He posted 75 points in 09/10 while seeing limited time on the 1st PP unit and making Raymond and Samuelsson look like legit scoring options. But I guess that season it was all Raymond and Samuelsson 5-on-5 and Steve Bernier on the PP?

Old
05-12-2012, 12:10 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Raymond offers no grit in his game. Perhaps if a high draft pick is offered or a decent prospect.
Could you be more specific?

Old
05-12-2012, 12:10 AM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
That's great news since Sather will hang up as soon as he hears McDonagh's name. 1 yr at 1.3M to play 30 MPG shutdown role. Best bang for buck contract in the league next year.
Claude Giroux would like to have a word
Quote:

He has never been elite? I'm guessing you haven't watched the Nashville series, where he was easily the best player dominating on both ends of the rink. He carried the whole team on his back. I'd say 41 goals and a Selke would be considered an elite season. The whole Sedins inflating his stats thing is false, he helps the Sedins out as much as they help him with his big body presence in front of the net. Most players wouldn't be as good on the pp with the Sedins as Kesler is.

Last edited by LeX4cavalier: 05-12-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old
05-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
He posted 75 points in 09/10 while seeing limited time on the 1st PP unit and making Raymond and Samuelsson look like legit scoring options. But I guess that season it was all Raymond and Samuelsson 5-on-5 and Steve Bernier on the PP?
I don't think 75 points is elite, but this is just my opinion. It was a very good two years, but not elite. It's like saying Patrice Bergeron's season this year is elite, but how many people would agree with that?

Old
05-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Could you be more specific?
Raymond for Dubinsky is a big lateral move for the Rangers. When they are aiming to be cup contenders, this deal makes no sense. In the long term, it makes no sense either as Dubinsky always was the better player of the two.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:28 AM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
I don't think 75 points is elite, but this is just my opinion. It was a very good two years, but not elite. It's like saying Patrice Bergeron's season this year is elite, but how many people would agree with that?
75 points while being one of the best defensive forwards in the league, that is equal to a 90-100 point season. Patrice had 64 points this season with MUCH better linemates.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:30 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Raymond for Dubinsky is a big lateral move for the Rangers. When they are aiming to be cup contenders, this deal makes no sense. In the long term, it makes no sense either as Dubinsky always was the better player of the two.
More specific in terms of what a "high" draft pick or "decent" prospect entails. The two terms are annoyingly vague.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Well Bergeron put up 64 points which would put him out of the top 40 overall. In 09/10 Kelser's 75 points ranked him 22nd, top 10 among centers. Not exactly the same. And his 41 goals last season tied him with Daniel for 4th overall, but I guess those were all because the Sedins found him wide open at the side of the net and not because he has a good shot...

Old
05-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Good call. I'd have those two as 1-2.

Quote:
He has never been elite? I'm guessing you haven't watched the Nashville series, where he was easily the best player dominating on both ends of the rink. He carried the whole team on his back. I'd say 41 goals and a Selke would be considered an elite season. The whole Sedins inflating his stats thing is false, he helps the Sedins out as much as they help him with his big body presence in front of the net. Most players wouldn't be as good on the pp with the Sedins as Kesler is.
His numbers are largely inflated last year since he faced 2nd tier competition and got the majority of his points with the Sedins on the PP. This is a fact. He is a good player, but I rank him alongside Zajac, Bergeron, Backes, Callahan type players. He is not elite, go make a poll about it.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
75 points while being one of the best defensive forwards in the league, that is equal to a 90-100 point season.
No it doesn't. Not even close.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:51 AM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Good call. I'd have those two as 1-2.

His numbers are largely inflated last year since he faced 2nd tier competition and got the majority of his points with the Sedins on the PP. This is a fact. He is a good player, but I rank him alongside Zajac, Bergeron, Backes, Callahan type players. He is not elite, go make a poll about it.
I'd put him in the same league as Bergeron, Backes, Eriksson, Elias etc. I wouldn't rank Callahan alongside Kesler, Callahan has only gotten 50 points once.

Old
05-12-2012, 02:54 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
But we have none on the way up. None.

We got Staal, Erixon, McDonagh and Del Zotto. All of these are below 26 years old so why are we in a rush of obtaining more LD's when we clearly have a low amount of NHL ready RD's? Makes zero sense...

We're gonna be stacked on LD for years to come. We have alot of time to draft new LD's if needed. RD is another matter. We need 1-2 NHL ready RD's now, not prospects that aren't ready.

Last edited by RyanCallahan24*: 05-12-2012 at 03:00 AM.
RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 06:25 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:

So one good playoff series makes you elite? He pretty much **** the bed this postseason. So what your saying is Hanzal = Kesler? Would you do that trade? They both dominated against the Preds.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:

You realize Kesler's career high season of 75 pts came in a year where he centered a 2nd line of Raymond and Samuelsson and played on the second PP unit without the Sedins? IIRC, Ehrhoff wasn't even on the team yet. The year that he started playing with the Sedins on the PP he actually had less points, but more goals. That's with more PP minutes too. This is because he was asked to play a different role: in front of re net rather than the half boards. Get your facts straight before posting garbage that isn't true.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:52 AM
InjuredChoker

40 goals and Selke win. If that's not elite, it's pretty damn close.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:27 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
So one good playoff series makes you elite? He pretty much **** the bed this postseason. So what your saying is Hanzal = Kesler? Would you do that trade? They both dominated against the Preds.
No, one good playoff series does not make him elite, but it does show that when he's on he has that gamebreaking ability. 11 points in a 6 game series matched up against Suter and Weber for half the time was arguably the best series by any player last postseason. It's not even comparable to Hanzel's 4 points in 5 games this year, so I'll just assume you're trying to troll. I sincerely hope you can see the difference.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:06 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
No, one good playoff series does not make him elite, but it does show that when he's on he has that gamebreaking ability. 11 points in a 6 game series matched up against Suter and Weber for half the time was arguably the best series by any player last postseason. It's not even comparable to Hanzel's 4 points in 5 games this year, so I'll just assume you're trying to troll. I sincerely hope you can see the difference.
I wasn't trying to troll, but was being sarcastic about comparing the two. I just think that Kesler has 't done that much more in the postseason to be considered elite. He did win a Selke and scored 40 goals once, but he needs to do it every year to become elite. He's a good 2 C but what 2 C's besides Malkin are elite?

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote