HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Vote for Evgeni Malkin for NHL 13 cover! (EDIT: Malkin out, Vote for Pekka Rinne!)

Old
05-11-2012, 01:41 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

vCash: 500
Why are there two Flyers still in this?

I still have my NHL 2002 game, played it a few months back. Good times.

HuskerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
Why are there two Flyers still in this?

I still have my NHL 2002 game, played it a few months back. Good times.
Well I know why Giroux is. But how did Hartnell get more votes than Seguin?

I never owned NHL 2002, I was thinkin about buying it for PC just for comedy. The fights look like rock em sock em robots and when you lay out someone they go flying.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Well I know why Giroux is. But how did Hartnell get more votes than Seguin?

I never owned NHL 2002, I was thinkin about buying it for PC just for comedy. The fights look like rock em sock em robots and when you lay out someone they go flying.

everybody hates seguin and hartnell would look silly on the cover. Wasn't Peyton Hillis on the latest madden because of a voting contest like this?

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
everybody hates seguin and hartnell would look silly on the cover. Wasn't Peyton Hillis on the latest madden because of a voting contest like this?
Yeah, Madden covers are voted now.

Calvin Johnson was voted for Madden 13.

Old
05-12-2012, 02:44 AM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
I'm sorry, but you're going to have to have one hell of a convincing argument to prove me wrong.

Outside of a blowout, the "apparent" league MVP was completely shut down by a 19-year-old rookie and scored just one goal all series, which came when it was too late. Outside of that, he had a bunch of secondary assists. He was a non-factor, and did nothing when it mattered against the Habs in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
Did you forget the ?
Not at all. It was a serious statement.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
I'm sorry, but you're going to have to have one hell of a convincing argument to prove me wrong.

Outside of a blowout, the "apparent" league MVP was completely shut down by a 19-year-old rookie and scored just one goal all series, which came when it was too late. Outside of that, he had a bunch of secondary assists. He was a non-factor, and did nothing when it mattered against the Habs in 2010.

That doesn't mean you can't support your own team's player in the NHL 13 cover campaign. Think of it as an award for Geno for carrying this team all season, for winning an Art Ross, for being a favorite to win the Hart.

He was the NHL's best player the whole season, he carried the Penguins on his back in Sid's absence.

But you're right, since he got shut down in the playoffs and only scored one goal he can go **** himself, right?

Old
05-12-2012, 08:52 AM
DegenX
Mixing the Kool-Aid

Quote:

Shut down by a 19-year-old rookie? That's hilarious. And Talbot being on that line had nothing to do with it? You know ... the guy who used to play on Geno's wing? Or Philly's best defensive pairing? One goal all series which came too late? You mean the only goal in game six? Seriously ... hey, Geno, thanks for putting the team on your back and carrying us through the regular season when Sid was out, and Staal missed a lot of time and our defense was such a mess ... but hey, **** you 3 goals and 5 assists in the playoffs just doesn't cut it. Yeah, your playoff performance was just ass ... and, it's not a team sport, buddy, it's all you.

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
Shut down by a 19-year-old rookie? That's hilarious. And Talbot being on that line had nothing to do with it? You know ... the guy who used to play on Geno's wing? Or Philly's best defensive pairing? One goal all series which came too late? You mean the only goal in game six? Seriously ... hey, Geno, thanks for putting the team on your back and carrying us through the regular season when Sid was out, and Staal missed a lot of time and our defense was such a mess ... but hey, **** you 3 goals and 5 assists in the playoffs just doesn't cut it. Yeah, your playoff performance was just ass ... and, it's not a team sport, buddy, it's all you.
You're not only mixing the kool-aid, you're drinking it too.

Anybody with a functioning brain knows Malkin was a non-factor. Did you even watch a game, hell, even highlights? Everything was showing how Couturier was in Malkin's head. Getting him off his game, playing him very well, are you truly denying Couturier's excellence?

Of course it's a team sport, but your captain showed up in crunch time. Getting scoring started twice, double shifting to get things done, etc.

Malkin had 1 primary assist, and it wasn't even off the PP, and only had one goal that even mattered. (Sorry, but scoring the only goal after you're down 3 goals in an elimination game means nothing at that point, other than "at least we scored!")

Explain to me, how Malkin was a factor at all in the series?

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:

Anybody with a functioning brain knows Malkin was a non-factor. Did you even watch a game, hell, even highlights? Everything was showing how Couturier was in Malkin's head. Getting him off his game, playing him very well, are you truly denying Couturier's excellence?

Of course it's a team sport, but your captain showed up in crunch time. Getting scoring started twice, double shifting to get things done, etc.

Malkin had 1 primary assist, and it wasn't even off the PP, and only had one goal that even mattered. (Sorry, but scoring the only goal after you're down 3 goals in an elimination game means nothing at that point, other than "at least we scored!")

Does it really matter though? The whole team played like ****. Explain to me how Letang was a factor, Neal, Kunitz, anyone.

Nobody was a factor in the series because we lost, Staal and Crosby played great but the rest of the team fell apart.

You're hating on Malkin for what he didn't do in the playoffs, but without him in the regular season we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs. Think about that.

I don't care what Malkin did or didn't do in the playoffs this year, I still appreciate and respect what he did for the team in the regular season, the guy just went into beast mode and carried the entire Penguins team on his back, if you can't appreciate that and you want to hate on him for being a non factor in the playoffs, then I don't know what else to say.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:05 PM
DegenX
Mixing the Kool-Aid

Quote:

I'm saying you're giving too much credit to Couturier and not enough credit to the five man unit Lavi set up to shut him down. And as far as double shifting ... not like that's something Geno controls.

Yeah, I watched the series. I saw our Captain, after missing most of two seasons, starting fights that led to suspensions. I saw a short-handed goal that was all him. And I saw Staal, who according to the press was the only one to show up, being responsible for the GWG in OT in game 1. And for all his offense, almost every one of Philly's PP goals, Staal was on the ice for. Not to mention not being able to win a defensive zone face off if his life depended on it. I saw Letang looking like a rookie, and our defense sucking ass and Flower wilting in the cage. And Bylsma being out-coached.

You can't pin the series loss on Geno not showing up. They lost as a team. For every positive you can point out, there was a negative or two to counter it. It wasn't any one players fault ... it was every players fault. Malkin carried the team through the regular season ... at some point other players have to shoulder their portion of the load.

And now, it's over and done with. Time to take what lessons there are to be learned from it and move on. If you think that means his efforts throughout the entire season are meaningless ... whatev

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Kovifan27

EA SPORTS NHL‏@EASPORTSNHL
@28CGiroux vs. @AnzeKopitar - So tight, but Giroux is down in this one! #NHL13Cover. Get going @NHLFlyers fans, keep it up @LAKings fans!

No word on the Malkin matchup so far. Voting for this round ends Thurs!

Kovifan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Flat Stanley

james neal ‏ @jneal_18
Hey pens fans i just voted Geno for the nhl 13 cover. Get your votes in for an unbelievable player. #lazy ://*******/Vote4Geno #NHL13Cover

Old
05-15-2012, 11:14 PM
SidTheKid8787

I don't have a set schedule to vote on this but whenever i see it in my twitter timeline, i click through and vote.

As long as Geno beats Hartnell, i don't give a crap who's on the cover.

SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Stad
@Malkin2Neal

EA SPORTS NHL ‏ @EASPORTSNHL
@malkin71_ is barely ahead of @hartsy19; I mean almost neck and neck! @NHLFlyers @pghpenguins #NHL13Cover vote: http://covervote.nhl.com
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Stad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:37 AM
SidTheKid8787

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadw0n306 View Post
EA SPORTS NHL ‏ @EASPORTSNHL
@malkin71_ is barely ahead of @hartsy19; I mean almost neck and neck! @NHLFlyers @pghpenguins #NHL13Cover vote: http://covervote.nhl.com
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
..or when i see a clickable link in threads...

Thx.

Old
05-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Flat Stanley

HARTNELL IS BEATING MALKIN!!!

VOTE!!!!

Old
05-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Kovifan27

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videoc...ed-share-video

New Geno commercial from the Pens.

I think part of the problem is Kings fans are voting Hartnell because he should be easier to beat than Malkin.

Kovifan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
you can vote up to 10 times a day - good deal.

edit: but the captcha gets harder and harder

edit II: you can vote as many times as you want, but your ability to improve your chances in the prize sweepstakes caps after 10 votes.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:17 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

I'm not voting for Malkin in this meaningless contest because it's all his fault that the Penguins lost in the playoffs. Or something. That'll show him. Lazy Russian.

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:34 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

Is it really this important????

What if NHL 13 is as bad as NHL 12 was? Who gives a **** who'se on the cover really? Frankly I'd be happier if Geno isn't the cover guy for such a potentially buggy game. Or worse, if the game ends up being just another annual case of the same ol' same ol' with no major improvements or fixes.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:03 PM
SidTheKid8787

Argghh.
So you can vote all day if you wanted?

When/If Geno loses versus Fartsmell, i'm going with the Pens fans have lives excuse.

Old
05-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Epic Neal Time

Pittsburgh Penguins @pghpenguins

"You did it! Now we've got to #keePITup http://*******/Vote4Geno RT @easportsnhl @malkin71_ fans gave him big push yesterday & he's now ahead!Pit"

C'mon! Let's knock Hartnell out! Keep voting!

Epic Neal Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:13 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Neal Time View Post
Pittsburgh Penguins @pghpenguins

"You did it! Now we've got to #keePITup http://*******/Vote4Geno RT @easportsnhl @malkin71_ fans gave him big push yesterday & he's now ahead!Pit"

C'mon! Let's knock Hartnell out! Keep voting!

If it's this close with Hartnell, there is very little chance he will beat Giroux.

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Epic Neal Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
If it's this close with Hartnell, there is very little chance he will beat Giroux.
I could be wrong, but I thought Kopi was beating Giroux.

Either way, I don't see why he couldn't. You have to figure most people who voted Hartnell voted Giroux too. Therefore, if Geno beats Hartnell, he could beat Giroux.

Epic Neal Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

How many votes does everybody have? Does it say anywhere?

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote