HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryz SovSport interview translated by PD's Dmitry Chesnokov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-12-2012, 08:25 AM
  #51
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
Why does it surprise you? Every goalie this franchise has ever had has gotten turned on. EVERY-SINGLE-ONE. At least since the 80s until today, I suppose Parent never was turned on, then again I wasn't around to know.
The flyers created that mess by cheaping out all those years on has beens and never was goalies. We could have just signed Cujo in 98 and things may have been different. We have a good goalie now but nobody has patience for the position anymore so he got put in a bad spot where there is no room for error. I thought he played a lot better to really good by the end and on this team with the way we play allowing 3 goals is like allowing 1. time to stop worrying about the goalie and go back to fixing the defense cause 1 good defensman (Grossmann) aint gonna cut it.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 08:59 AM
  #52
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid
 
TyrannoMeszarosRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kuwait
Country: Scotland
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I'm looking forward to this excuse for the next 8 seasons.

That being said: He seems to have found some stride post all-star break. Keep it up Bryz.
It's not really an excuse, I can't blame everything on them as well, both have their share to blame, however in my opinion and based on what we've seen this season and the last few the former (System,D, etc) has a larger blame percentage than the latter(Goaltending). Making those adjustments will help Bryz, and if it doesn't and he continues to be bad, then it will help whoever else we bring in net should it resort to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
The flyers created that mess by cheaping out all those years on has beens and never was goalies.
Look at Phoenix, put in anyone in net there and there numbers are bound to go up. If the management insists on getting mediocre goaltenders and put money towards has beens and never was goaltenders, then they need to realize that the team in front of them needs to be ****ing ace on D, because one or other isn't going to cut it.


Last edited by TyrannoMeszarosRex: 05-12-2012 at 10:50 AM.
TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 09:43 AM
  #53
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,860
vCash: 500
He could have avoided this mess by not sucking so bad and avoiding the Wives Carnival incident.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:05 AM
  #54
2minutes4slashing
Registered User
 
2minutes4slashing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: niota, tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
Then who is right for Philadelphia?
Cam Ward

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:20 AM
  #55
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
Are the media in philly that bad ?


Honest question here: Would he "survive" in a market like Montreal or Toronto ?
He would pee his pants in Montreal and Toronto. The attention here is only a fraction of what it is in those cities. The Eagles and Phillies receive most of the media attention here.

There's also nothing unique about the way Philly fans and media have reacted to him. He'd be going through the same thing in New York, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, etc. He's just shell shocked because he came from a market that doesn't care.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:50 PM
  #56
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
one thing i don't like about this, is way he complains about easy goals.. he says how many goals he stopped before bad goals, that puts him on 90% of saves in playoffs if i remember correctly.. nothing so great to talk about

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:26 PM
  #57
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid
 
TyrannoMeszarosRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kuwait
Country: Scotland
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2minutes4slashing View Post
Cam Ward
Yeah, we ain't getting him. Plus it doesn't matter, god forbid he has a start like 09 season you'll be calling his head off after a couple of games. Plus there's no guarantee that he won't flop, he could easily end up badly. Change the system, structure the D, this way no matter who you bring in as your goaltender they will have support. Settle down, and buckle up, Bryz isn't going anywhere.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:23 PM
  #58
2minutes4slashing
Registered User
 
2minutes4slashing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: niota, tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
Yeah, we ain't getting him. Plus it doesn't matter, god forbid he has a start like 09 season you'll be calling his head off after a couple of games. Plus there's no guarantee that he won't flop, he could easily end up badly. Change the system, structure the D, this way no matter who you bring in as your goaltender they will have support. Settle down, and buckle up, Bryz isn't going anywhere.
I am settled. Look around, I'm actually with the majority of the fans that dont want the guy here.. he sucks ... end of story. keep drinking that Kool Aid though kiddo

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:29 PM
  #59
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2minutes4slashing View Post
I am settled. Look around, I'm actually with the majority of the fans that dont want the guy here.. he sucks ... end of story. keep drinking that Kool Aid though kiddo
Majority? How'd they teach you to count down there? Apparently not like the rest of us.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:31 PM
  #60
2minutes4slashing
Registered User
 
2minutes4slashing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: niota, tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
yawns***

keep drinking that Kool Aid ... as long as that buffoon is between the pipes it'll be 1975 forever

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:31 PM
  #61
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,604
vCash: 500
It was a good interview. He realizes he needs to be better, and hopefully he shows up healthy and determined next season. He'll do his part, and we need to do ours, because he's right...he deserves to be treated like a human being and not a robot. For every 18,000 who support him in the arena, there are always the 1,000 bitter idiots who think being an ******* will make him play better.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 02:51 PM
  #62
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
It's not really an excuse, I can't blame everything on them as well, both have their share to blame, however in my opinion and based on what we've seen this season and the last few the former (System,D, etc) has a larger blame percentage than the latter(Goaltending). Making those adjustments will help Bryz, and if it doesn't and he continues to be bad, then it will help whoever else we bring in net should it resort to that.



Look at Phoenix, put in anyone in net there and there numbers are bound to go up. If the management insists on getting mediocre goaltenders and put money towards has beens and never was goaltenders, then they need to realize that the team in front of them needs to be ****ing ace on D, because one or other isn't going to cut it.
i agree with you. This year sucked because our best player, Pronger, was lost for the season. now probably forever. it blows. I look at our team and our forwards are insanely awesome. the kids need to bulk up and we need to just let jagr go. save that money for better things. lessons from him are over. the kids learned. we need to get suter tho. pronger's done. as far as phoenix, i don't see labarbara winning that starting job. so not everybody can get turned to gold there. mike smith is a big goalie and i really think sean burke is the whole reason behind a lot of what goes on there, its not just the system. but you have to have skill and size to be successful. labarbaras a skill less fatty. thus why he's a backup. i really think the flyers need a new goalie coach bad. top priority.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 08:06 PM
  #63
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
The flyers created that mess by cheaping out all those years on has beens and never was goalies. We could have just signed Cujo in 98 and things may have been different. We have a good goalie now but nobody has patience for the position anymore so he got put in a bad spot where there is no room for error. I thought he played a lot better to really good by the end and on this team with the way we play allowing 3 goals is like allowing 1. time to stop worrying about the goalie and go back to fixing the defense cause 1 good defensman (Grossmann) aint gonna cut it.
Coburn made him look more like a solid #2 than the good #4 that he is. Coburn was your best defenseman from the trade deadline on.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 10:26 AM
  #64
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
i agree with you. This year sucked because our best player, Pronger, was lost for the season. now probably forever. it blows. I look at our team and our forwards are insanely awesome. the kids need to bulk up and we need to just let jagr go. save that money for better things. lessons from him are over. the kids learned. we need to get suter tho. pronger's done. as far as phoenix, i don't see labarbara winning that starting job. so not everybody can get turned to gold there. mike smith is a big goalie and i really think sean burke is the whole reason behind a lot of what goes on there, its not just the system. but you have to have skill and size to be successful. labarbaras a skill less fatty. thus why he's a backup. i really think the flyers need a new goalie coach bad. top priority.
Pronger wasn't our best player, that title goes to Giroux. Pronger only played half a season last year, came back this year and was even slower and then totally crashed. People keep talking about him as if he's 25 years old. Also, keeping him away from the team allowed the other, more quiet guys to step up and become leaders.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:59 AM
  #65
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Yeah, agreed, Pronger wasn't his old self even when he wasn't yet diagnosed with a concussion. I think people are saying he was or would be our best player just because of that "what could have been" factor, but while I do believe his impact would be great, I think it's very much exaggerated.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 10:26 PM
  #66
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Pronger wasn't our best player, that title goes to Giroux. Pronger only played half a season last year, came back this year and was even slower and then totally crashed. People keep talking about him as if he's 25 years old. Also, keeping him away from the team allowed the other, more quiet guys to step up and become leaders.
Wasn't he on damn near point-per-game pace through the ~14 games he played. I'm not disagreeing with you entirely, but before the concussion he didn't exactly stink it up out there.


Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 05-13-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 03:18 PM
  #67
jwillo1829
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Of course his Russian accent has a lot to with it. If he was as fluent in English as, say Lidström or Landeskog, no one would make those "humangous big" jokes, because it wouldn't be funny.
I agree 100%. Russian dialects gets lost in the translation to English, that's a fact.

jwillo1829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:31 PM
  #68
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Pronger wasn't our best player, that title goes to Giroux. Pronger only played half a season last year, came back this year and was even slower and then totally crashed. People keep talking about him as if he's 25 years old. Also, keeping him away from the team allowed the other, more quiet guys to step up and become leaders.
at the time we lost him he was the center of our team in terms of leadership and defense. we have no crease sweeping defensemen left which is huge for a team playing horrible without puck possession. I thought we were lucky Giroux emerged as our best player as the season went on but I'm talking about the beginning. Pronger started this season in great shape for a guy who missed training camp. I understand he's not Pronger from 2000 but your seriously gonna underestimate what potential was there if he was healthy this season?

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:33 PM
  #69
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Coburn made him look more like a solid #2 than the good #4 that he is. Coburn was your best defenseman from the trade deadline on.
Really. Coburn is responsible for skating and making the decisions Grossmann was making out there? no. I think Grossmann was our best defenseman as the season wore on. while were at it, i also think Timonen should retire.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:10 AM
  #70
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
Really. Coburn is responsible for skating and making the decisions Grossmann was making out there?
Coburn's ability to cover ground and play excellent transition and 1-on-1 defense puts Grossmann in positions to succeed by doing what he does best, and to his credit he absolutely has.

The decisions Grossmann was making with the puck? The man has had 7 assists in 31 games, passing it to the second best offense in the NHL. He keeps it simple with the puck and that's fine. I like Grossmann's game and I think he brings a lot of what the team needed to the table, but he is what he is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
No. I think Grossmann was our best defenseman as the season wore on. While were at it, I also think Timonen should retire.
Either one of those statements alone could be dismissed as one off the wall idea, but the two together show me that you probably don't understand hockey very well.

Really. Kimmo was probably still our best defenseman over the course of the entire year despite fading late. The only reason he isn't the best defenseman on the team by a mile is because he can't give you 25 mins/night if you need it anymore like Coburn still can. He's still our smartest defenseman, still our best puck mover and still out best power play QB. Kimmo has a couple years left in the tank IMO if he wants to stay, he just needs to be put in a diminished role to really shine.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:27 PM
  #71
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Coburn's ability to cover ground and play excellent transition and 1-on-1 defense puts Grossmann in positions to succeed by doing what he does best, and to his credit he absolutely has.

The decisions Grossmann was making with the puck? The man has had 7 assists in 31 games, passing it to the second best offense in the NHL. He keeps it simple with the puck and that's fine. I like Grossmann's game and I think he brings a lot of what the team needed to the table, but he is what he is.




Either one of those statements alone could be dismissed as one off the wall idea, but the two together show me that you probably don't understand hockey very well.

Really. Kimmo was probably still our best defenseman over the course of the entire year despite fading late. The only reason he isn't the best defenseman on the team by a mile is because he can't give you 25 mins/night if you need it anymore like Coburn still can. He's still our smartest defenseman, still our best puck mover and still out best power play QB. Kimmo has a couple years left in the tank IMO if he wants to stay, he just needs to be put in a diminished role to really shine.
yea. your right kimmo and coburn were excellent this playoff season. i don't understand hockey very well. that or I'm completely blind. one or the other. and your so right about kimmo having a lot left in the tank. that must be one tiny tank tho.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:14 PM
  #72
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillo1829 View Post
I agree 100%. Russian dialects gets lost in the translation to English, that's a fact.

Bryz uses expressions, that are very common in conversational Russian, but when translated verbatim they loose their meaning and flavor.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:32 AM
  #73
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
yea. your right kimmo and coburn were excellent this playoff season. i don't understand hockey very well. that or I'm completely blind. one or the other. and your so right about kimmo having a lot left in the tank. that must be one tiny tank tho.
Who was a better defenseman on the team than Coburn this play offs? No one else was close.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:53 PM
  #74
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Who was a better defenseman on the team than Coburn this play offs? No one else was close.
No one was even close? what the hell did i miss? He played well but come on man. Maybe you invested in a jersey or something so your trying hard to convince yourself of some things? I like Coburn but its not like he played mistake free hockey for 11 games. that said, i do think he was good but i was more impressed with Grossmann's stability (in terms of quick decisions when being closed in on) and positioning. Coburn was one of the defenseman that pinched a little too much sometimes when he shouldn't have and it contributed to our breakdowns especially against pittsburgh. Grossmann played great in our zone.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:20 AM
  #75
MapleJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couter View Post
"It's only going to get more funner."
best post ive seen on this site

MapleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.