HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dilemma

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2012, 09:25 AM
sousuffer

vCash: 500
Dilemma

I apologize in advance if this thread is against the rules, but I have a funny dilemma and was hoping for some ideas. I am going to a catered event today that begins in the late afternoon and goes all night. Normally, if I can't watch a game, I either don't care or am pretty good at not finding out the score and then watching the replay on my computer using my PC DVR system. However, this time, I am sleeping over in a hotel and, when I wake up, I may be having breakfast with about 40 people, which include some die-hard Ranger fans. So, I need to find a way to get back to the hotel tonight perhaps around midnight and watch once the party is over. The hotel should have internet access and I can definitely spend a few bucks if that's necessary. I have access to a laptop, an ipad, and an android phone as my options and I need to know if there's any way I can pull this off and watch a full replay as soon as I get back to the room. Any thoughts?

Old
05-12-2012, 09:53 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Depends on where you are. In most of Europe we can watch the archived games immediately after they're done (or just start playback from the first faceoff at any point while the game is still running) in GCL, but I think in the US and Canada, games are blacked out for 48 hrs.

If so, you should probably go with hockeystreams.com. They will usually have archived games instantly after games end.

Old
05-12-2012, 10:02 AM
sousuffer

You need to be a premium member at hockeystreams.com to get the instant games, correct? If so, I'm worried about giving them my credit card number. Can this site be trusted?

Old
05-12-2012, 10:15 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousuffer View Post
You need to be a premium member at hockeystreams.com to get the instant games, correct? If so, I'm worried about giving them my credit card number. Can this site be trusted?
The site has been up for such a long time with no (known) incidents of credit card fraud, so I wouldn't be too worried. I think, worst case, you pay 7.99 and don't get to watch the game. I'd trust the site not to steal from you, but not with certainty to deliver what they promise.

Old
05-12-2012, 10:53 AM
sousuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
The site has been up for such a long time with no (known) incidents of credit card fraud, so I wouldn't be too worried. I think, worst case, you pay 7.99 and don't get to watch the game. I'd trust the site not to steal from you, but not with certainty to deliver what they promise.
Thanks for the input. What do you mean they may not deliver what they promise?

Old
05-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
I apologize in advance if this thread is against the rules, but I have a funny dilemma and was hoping for some ideas. I am going to a catered event today that begins in the late afternoon and goes all night. Normally, if I can't watch a game, I either don't care or am pretty good at not finding out the score and then watching the replay on my computer using my PC DVR system. However, this time, I am sleeping over in a hotel and, when I wake up, I may be having breakfast with about 40 people, which include some die-hard Ranger fans. So, I need to find a way to get back to the hotel tonight perhaps around midnight and watch once the party is over. The hotel should have internet access and I can definitely spend a few bucks if that's necessary. I have access to a laptop, an ipad, and an android phone as my options and I need to know if there's any way I can pull this off and watch a full replay as soon as I get back to the room. Any thoughts?
Lucky for you, I know exactly how to handle such a dilemma. First, you need to get your priorities straight, its Game 7 Man! You can't say you need to watch the game on TV so you wont be there, some people just don't understand. So you need to grab a couple tickets and go to the game. Yeah it'll be expensive but it seems like you are in for an expensive evening anyway. "I have tickets to to game 7" is a reasonable excuse to miss just about any catered event. See you at the Garden!

Oh Yeah, you can still show up for breakfast tomorrow morning so you wont be blowing off the whole event.

Old
05-12-2012, 11:25 AM
blue425

Quote:
I used hockey streams for a full season. The experience was good, I just would rather not pay and watch free streams.

Quality was great as long as you have a solid connection. However I cannot recall how quickly archived games are up.

But as far as the fraud thing no worries.

Old
05-12-2012, 11:34 AM
sousuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
Lucky for you, I know exactly how to handle such a dilemma. First, you need to get your priorities straight, its Game 7 Man! You can't say you need to watch the game on TV so you wont be there, some people just don't understand. So you need to grab a couple tickets and go to the game. Yeah it'll be expensive but it seems like you are in for an expensive evening anyway. "I have tickets to to game 7" is a reasonable excuse to miss just about any catered event. See you at the Garden!

Oh Yeah, you can still show up for breakfast tomorrow morning so you wont be blowing off the whole event.
Haha, I should do this. Believe it or not, this is not the first time this happened. Game 6, 1994 finals, I had to go to another event and was actively rooting for the Rangers to lose that night so I could watch them lift the cup two nights later. It's the only night I ever rooted against the Rangers. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury tonight. I am hoping there is a way to check if the game is up before I pay the money. Anybody know if this is possible?

Old
05-12-2012, 12:41 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for the input. What do you mean they may not deliver what they promise?
I mean I wouldn't bet my life on the game being up at the on demand site as soon as they say, with the quality they promise and without connectivity issues. I rarely use the site myself and have not encountered problems the few times I have, but I have heard others complain.

I still think it's probably your safest bet for tonite. Good luck!

Closed Thread