HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Getting younger as a team..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2012, 02:50 PM
  #76
fimoknete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Roesrath, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
So I guess I hallucinated all of these?
you are acting like a lawyer now, dont you?

first you are cutting the second half of my quote. if you are quoting somebody then dont take his words out of a context or cut it.

then you are bringing up all quotes out of a single thread what was made for comparing kings vs red wings.

so what was your point then?

fimoknete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:34 PM
  #77
FlashyG
Registered User
 
FlashyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fimoknete View Post
you are acting like a lawyer now, dont you?

first you are cutting the second half of my quote. if you are quoting somebody then dont take his words out of a context or cut it.

then you are bringing up all quotes out of a single thread what was made for comparing kings vs red wings.

so what was your point then?
My point was that you have compared the Kings to the Wings multiple times, not just once as you claimed.

I edited out the portions of the posts that didn't relate to the Kings so people didn't have to read a novel, and I broke up your massive quote into shorter ones for the same reason.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:41 PM
  #78
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,130
vCash: 515
The LA Kings are probably my second favorite team because of Kopitar and Brown. Watch a lot of their games because of no conflict with the Wings and late start times. But comparing the Kings and Wings is really kind of hard. The Kings are a team that was built almost entirely on the premise of rolling high value draft picks and stock piling top end talent. Even the deals they have made to improve the team are only possible because of this. The guy that helped build a lot of that moved on to St. Louis which I guess should be the alarming part for Wings fans. But yeah they should have a lot more young talent than us they have been drafting in front and in pretty prime positions for years. The real impressive part though is how they are a goalie factory, I want to know who does the goalie talent evaluations around there.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 03:59 PM
  #79
FlashyG
Registered User
 
FlashyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
I think the credit for their goaltending should go to a few people.

Assistant General Manager - Ron Hextall
Goalie Coach - Bill Ranford
Goaltender Development (Coach) - Kim Dillabaugh
and Amateur Scouts -Mark Yannetti and Michael Futa

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:37 PM
  #80
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
The LA Kings are probably my second favorite team because of Kopitar and Brown. Watch a lot of their games because of no conflict with the Wings and late start times. But comparing the Kings and Wings is really kind of hard. The Kings are a team that was built almost entirely on the premise of rolling high value draft picks and stock piling top end talent. Even the deals they have made to improve the team are only possible because of this. The guy that helped build a lot of that moved on to St. Louis which I guess should be the alarming part for Wings fans. But yeah they should have a lot more young talent than us they have been drafting in front and in pretty prime positions for years. The real impressive part though is how they are a goalie factory, I want to know who does the goalie talent evaluations around there.
I suspect they are a "goalie factory" because of their defensive style.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:29 PM
  #81
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I suspect they are a "goalie factory" because of their defensive style.
They have some pretty good prospect depth at the position, so I suspect that you are wrong. Then again, I don't watch a lot of Chicoutimi or Manchester Monarch games....

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:57 PM
  #82
fimoknete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Roesrath, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
My point was that you have compared the Kings to the Wings multiple times, not just once as you claimed.

I edited out the portions of the posts that didn't relate to the Kings so people didn't have to read a novel, and I broke up your massive quote into shorter ones for the same reason.
and you did it why in a thread talking about getting rid of red wing player and replace them with better ones???

kings havent been mentioned here a single time from my side. and just because the name brown was mentioned here you are trying to let other ppl look stupid? you can refuse to believe that other teams can play hockey as well but dont try to dictate your oppinion with cheap forum tricks. this is a bit childish.

fimoknete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:18 AM
  #83
FlashyG
Registered User
 
FlashyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fimoknete View Post
and you did it why in a thread talking about getting rid of red wing player and replace them with better ones???

kings havent been mentioned here a single time from my side. and just because the name brown was mentioned here you are trying to let other ppl look stupid? you can refuse to believe that other teams can play hockey as well but dont try to dictate your oppinion with cheap forum tricks. this is a bit childish.
I was explaining to Zetterberg4Captain that you often make comparisons between the Wings and the Kings.

You denied doing that, and said you only did it once. I only pointed out that you had actually done it several times, and I didn't really make sense to make that point in another thread.

My post had nothing to do with Brown or anything to with other teams playing Hockey as well as the Wings. I didn't even say I disagreed with your comparisons...just that you make them often, obviously even more often than you thought yourself.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:30 AM
  #84
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,130
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
They have some pretty good prospect depth at the position, so I suspect that you are wrong. Then again, I don't watch a lot of Chicoutimi or Manchester Monarch games....
This was kind of what I was speaking to. I actually like Bernier more than Rask and Schneider, but that is just my opinion, hope that is who Stevie targets in Tampa. In any event they have Jones already tearing up the AHL, they seemingly have had the best goalie in the AHL in every year the last decade. With the pick of Gibson who they didn't really need it made me think they trust whoever gives that input of scouting, it must be like when Andersson goes on an on about guys in Europe. As long as it is not a goalie it seems he wins out with the Wings brass. I just wonder if there is a goalie guru in LA that has a similar pull in their scouting department. It isn't all system, you can't account for how well all of them play and the physical tools the possess.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:33 AM
  #85
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,130
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
I think the credit for their goaltending should go to a few people.

Assistant General Manager - Ron Hextall
Goalie Coach - Bill Ranford
Goaltender Development (Coach) - Kim Dillabaugh
and Amateur Scouts -Mark Yannetti and Michael Futa
I was just wondering if their was one particular guy they usually credit. But thanks for the name certainly having the two long-time NHL goalies at the top probably doesn't hurt.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.