HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Montreal

Old
05-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Be a Hab

vCash: 500
Colorado-Montreal

Colorado Paul Statsny

Montreal Thomas Plekanec
Lars Eller
3rd round pick

I like to see the Statsny paciorrety duo i think paciorrety stasny cole line would be great in mtl i know mtl fans are gonna think we are giving alot but you need to give to receive.

colorado get a good responsible 2 way center to play behind duschene and a good young player in eller

flame away !!

Last edited by Be a Hab: 05-12-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Be a Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 10:45 AM
7thOverdrive

Instead of just saying flame away, provide some reasoning. How does this help Colorado and how does this help Montreal?

7thOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Halifaxhab

No, overpayment.

Pleks and Eller are about even cap wise and Pleks offers up similar offence, and Eller is a younger version who is developing fine.

Stastny is worth a roster player + pick but why the heck does MTL do that? If we want another centre we have a pretty good draft pick coming up soon.

Halifaxhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66theNBERofthebeast View Post
Colorado Paul Statsny

Montreal Thomas Plekanec
Lars Eller
3rd round pick

I like to see the Statsny paciorrety duo i think paciorrety stasny cole line would be great in mtl i know mtl fans are gonna think we are giving alot but you need to give to receive.

colorado get a good responsible 2 way center to play behind duschene and a good young player in eller

flame away !!
I don't see any reasons for the Habs to pull the trigger on that one.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Overpayment by the Habs.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:03 PM
ulysse84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66theNBERofthebeast View Post
Colorado Paul Statsny

Montreal Thomas Plekanec
Lars Eller
3rd round pick
flame away !!
IMPOSSIBLE !

why ?? ----> BOB * Santa Claus * GAINEY is not the Montreal GM

and -------> * PIERRE * undertaker * GAUTHIER * either

unless BERGEVIN, like tar and feathers

ulysse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:06 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

That's probably close to the type of deal it would take to get Stasny, but that's not a good trade for the Canadiens.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I see no reason Colorado would do that trade. What is the point?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Beendair Donedat

No from both sides.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Habs wouldn't do that deal in the 1st place, but you're right it doesn't make much sense from the Avs POV either.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Because you win it easily...

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Because you win it easily...
Why replace Stastny with Plekanec and add Eller who would just be our 5th line center? Unless he can play top line minutes on the wing, it really makes no sense for our club. Overpayment or not, I'd rather keep Stastny than exchange him for two lesser centers (albeit not a significant downgrade, but enough in Pleks) when we're already as deep as we are down the middle.

It just doesn't make sense. Overpayment or not.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Drydenwasthebest

At this point in their respective careers I just don't see Stastny as much of an upgrade over Plekanec, if he can be seen as an upgrade at all. Their point totals over the last 3 seasons are very close, and while Stastny is bigger than Plekanec, he is not more physical than him.

So, can anyone explain why Montreal adds Eller and a pick? Eller is developing into our replacement for Plekanec. If we trade Plekanec it is either for a significant upgrade at center or for a winger which means we are moving Eller to our 2nd line center spot. Stastny is not worth Eller and Plekanec and a pick.

Montreal say "no" quite easily to this proposal.

Last edited by Drydenwasthebest: 05-12-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Why replace Stastny with Plekanec and add Eller who would just be our 5th line center? Unless he can play top line minutes on the wing, it really makes no sense for our club. Overpayment or not, I'd rather keep Stastny than exchange him for two lesser centers (albeit not a significant downgrade, but enough in Pleks) when we're already as deep as we are down the middle.

It just doesn't make sense. Overpayment or not.
O'reilly, Duchene, Plekanec... whose the "4th C" ahead of Eller?

and since you asked, Eller's racking up a ppg pace as a winger at the WC, so apparently he's not out of place playing on the wing. If you know anything about Eller's ability/actual play (as opposed to just his sat line) not a stretch to say he'd be an immediate upgrade to your top-6 winger group.

value-wise, I don't think the Avalanche would get anything close to that return for Stastsny right now, and given that they'd be more than adequately replacing him down the middle with Pleks, while adding a very valuable young player in Eller (+ pick), I don't think they'd turn the offer down.

but as others have said, not a chance the habs would make that offer, so it's moot anyways.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
I think Montreal says no pretty easily, but so do the Avs. The OP clearly does not know much about the Avalanche. We do not need Plek if we trade Stastny, since Duchene would take Stastny's spot, and O'Reilly is clearly our 2nd line center. As already said, unless Eller can play top line wing, we do not need him either. Both teams pass

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Stastny is barely an upgrade over Plekanec. An upgrade that is certainly not worth Eller + a 3rd round pick.

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Stastny is no way Gomez overpaid, but he is overpaid.

Pleks and Eller give the habs depth and from what I saw from Eller this past year he's getting more and more confident which is exciting for hab fans.

Both teams say no methinks

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 05:42 PM
CobraAcesS

We don't need two centers back we would need one and with Duchene being the #1 O'Reilly the #2 Plekanec does not really fit our needs.

Now if you want to talk Eller & 3rd over all. I am all ears..

The reason that fits our needs better is because Eller would be our 3rd line center. (Btw.. McClemment is our 4th line center) I wouldn't move him to wing and expect him to put up 50 points as a winger. At least not trade for that purpose.

Then we could draft a winger or a defender.

While I wouldn't mind a trade like that I can also see why Montreal fans wouldn't do it either. Your draft pick is high enough to just draft a center. The only reason I could see the Habs doing it is if they didn't see Galchenyuk as an upgrade long term because he is a 2-way center and Grigorenko's injures scared them off.

Over all the trade only takes into account the OPs desire for Stastny and disregards Colorado's needs and Montreal's circumstances.

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 05:51 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
O'reilly, Duchene, Plekanec... whose the "4th C" ahead of Eller?

and since you asked, Eller's racking up a ppg pace as a winger at the WC, so apparently he's not out of place playing on the wing. If you know anything about Eller's ability/actual play (as opposed to just his sat line) not a stretch to say he'd be an immediate upgrade to your top-6 winger group.

value-wise, I don't think the Avalanche would get anything close to that return for Stastsny right now, and given that they'd be more than adequately replacing him down the middle with Pleks, while adding a very valuable young player in Eller (+ pick), I don't think they'd turn the offer down.

but as others have said, not a chance the habs would make that offer, so it's moot anyways.
McClement. He might not be as good in terms of talent, but McClement is an amazing bottom 6 center, and no way would Eller play as the 4th line center instead of McClement.

I'd also turn the offer down. While it may be an overpayment, it doesn't justify giving up Stastny for a downgrade, albeit a small one. It's basically gambling Eller turns out into a top 6 winger, or else he'd have no place on the team. Since you want to bring the WC into this Statsny has been PPG as well.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Not sure how an AVS fan can say no and how a HABS fan can say yes to this

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 05:56 PM
SCoulton09

Take out Eller add Leblanc then maybe something like

To Habs: Stastny and Cameron Gaunce

To Colorado: Plekanec, Leblanc, 3rd

Mind you im not a fan of Plekanec nor Leblanc as a habs fan I find them to be massively overrated.

SCoulton09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 06:00 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni Giroux View Post
Not sure how an AVS fan can say no and how a HABS fan can say yes to this
Because Plekanec is not worth Stastny. (Hes older and does not have the point totals Stastny does.) Hence why the OP wants an upgrade.

Second we don't need Eller and wouldn't trade for him just to covert him to wing and hope it works out. Especially since he is not better than any of the current wingers we have on our team. Except the 4th line guys.. A 3rd round pick is not worth much and not much of a motivator to take the risks we would be taking here.

It's a quantity for quality trade not horrible but just does not fit our needs AT ALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCoulton09 View Post

Mind you im not a fan of Plekanec nor Leblanc as a habs fan I find them to be massively overrated.
So every Avs fan says that we don't need two centers back in the trade and you take out one center and add a center prospect? lol

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 05:22 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCoulton09 View Post

And Cam Gaunce is massively underrated. Avs won't do this deal.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:06 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

I think Plekanec and Stastny are similar in overall ability with a small edge to Stastny. But with West being what it is, I don't think Avs can get smaller down the middle. I know that Plekanec is listed as being almost the same size as Stastny, but Stastny feels much sturdier while Plekanec is faster and shiftier.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 08:01 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Not interested as an Avs fan. The difference between Stastny and Plekanec isn't big, but I don't think Eller and a 3rd would make up for that difference.

I'm not sure where Eller would fit in Colorado's line-up. Colorado already has their centres in O'Reilly, Duchene, and Stastny/Plekanec. Then you have Landeskog, McGinn, Downie, and Mueller, on the wings, not to mention if one or more of Jones, Hejduk or a UFA are signed. Then you may also have Hishon pushing for a roster spot if he is healthy. Eller would be fighting for a third line spot and might not even get it. So I really don't see Eller as an upgrade for the Avs.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote