HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Draft deal ...Sens-Sabres

Old
05-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
So you want our 2010 1st and 12th overall? I think you are over valueing your home team players a bit
There are 0 reasons to trade Foligno and especially within the division.

The sens aren't trading Foligno just so he can play with his brother.

Kezia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:22 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler View Post
There are 0 reasons to trade Foligno and especially within the division.

The sens aren't trading Foligno just so he can play with his brother.
Are you kidding? Sens trade Foligno for any first round pick under 20th overall. The guy is easily replaced by Colin Greening, and then you fill in Greening's spot on the 3rd line with any one of your new forward prospects such as Silfverberg or Z-bad.

There is just way too much Foligno love in this thread. I am a Leafs fan so I know a plug when I see one.

TheKingSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 08:54 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

I don't want Nick Foligno because he is the brother of Marcus. I don't want Nick Foligno because he is the son of a Buffalo favorite Mike Foligno. If those are your reasons, that's pathetic and sad. I want Nick Foligno ONLY if he fills a NEED on the team. The name on the back of the jersey means nothing. Take your damn heart out of your logic.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:17 PM
bigfatfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundin is my hero View Post
Are you kidding? Sens trade Foligno for any first round pick under 20th overall. The guy is easily replaced by Colin Greening, and then you fill in Greening's spot on the 3rd line with any one of your new forward prospects such as Silfverberg or Z-bad.

There is just way too much Foligno love in this thread. I am a Leafs fan so I know a plug when I see one.
I see what you're saying. And you're right, it's definitely (more than) fair hypothetical value. But in reality, as one poster said, with Foligno we stay with the young player we know, rather than rolling the dice again and investing another few years. At some point you have to build! Foligno's points/game in his first 4 years were 0.40, 0.43, 0.41 (Clouston year), 0.57. He's shown good progression in his production (while playing on lower lines), while becoming more physical and responsible, and can play center, too!

I think the Sens would turn down the offer of a mid 1st round pick since it wouldn't be enough to balance the risk and adds time onto the re-build. But mostly, it doesn't fill a team need. The Senators don't need any more mid-level prospects.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:20 PM
CaptPantalones

Id consider Nashville's 1st, but no way do I move ours

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:26 PM
bigfatfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Hahah...that's completely fair! If the Senators wanted/needed to move Foligno (trade demand, re-build etc...), I'd jump for joy to get Nashville's 1st rounder. But since they don't, I'm not sure there's enough value in this draft (at that position) to take a chance.

I'm a big Foligno fan, and I wouldn't trade BUF's pick for him if I were you, either!

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

To Ottawa
21st overall (Originally Nashvilles first)
44th overall (Originally Calgarys second)

To Buffalo
Nick Folingo
3rd Rounder (originally Nashvilles)

Buffalo gets Foligno without losing any of their own draft picks. and pick up a third rounder. Put Folingo with Hodgeson and he will protect him very well. (ignoring their little run in earlier this year..)

Ottawa then has a second rounder again, Can either trade own 1st + 2nd to Washington for 11th overall. Hopefully draft Ceci.

Or use both 1st rounders to move up to maybe 6th or 7th overall.

Just thoughts.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:41 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Thats perfectly fine. Foligno will stay in Ottawa.

I'd like to say I would agree it makes no sense for Buffalo to move the 12th pick for him.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Foligno's value is somewhere between 12-25, but certainly not #12.

A few years ago, Alex Tanguay, coming off a 58 point season (11 more than Foligno's career high), was traded for the 25th overall pick.

I love Foligno, but Sens fans are overrating him.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:34 PM
WhiteLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post

A few years ago, Alex Tanguay, coming off a 58 point season (11 more than Foligno's career high), was traded for the 25th overall pick.

Tanguay also got a 2nd round pick too, was much older than Foligno and Calgary was looking to move him

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Tanguay also got a 2nd round pick too, was much older than Foligno and Calgary was looking to move him
You're right about the 2nd round pick.

Nashville's 1st (21st overall) and Buffalo's 2nd (42nd overall)

Would be fair. In my opinion, anyway.

He may be worth more to Ottawa, though, so just because it is fair value wise does not mean it's fair in the real world.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 07:04 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Should Ottawa even try to ice a top-6 forward group in your world?

Career Highs:
28yo Spezza = 92 points

27yo Michalek = 66 points

24yo Foligno = 47 points

26yo Greening = 37 points
32yo C.Neil = 33 points
22yo Turris = 29 points
26yo Regin = 29 points

Where the heck are all of these dominoes you're talking about coming from?

Quote:
Yeah,
- 110th in points among forwards
- 31st in the league in hits
- gets under the skin of opponents
- will fight to stand up for himself or teammates
- always works hard
- has been projected a leader since he was drafted and is drawing praise from the team now. He will wear a letter soon.

I don't think you have a clue. He's not going to be traded at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post

Alex Tanguay was also a soft, expensive player... also, hasn't his commitment to all round play/doing what it takes to win been questioned in the past?

Buffalo should keep that 12th overall pick and the 38% chance that they get a better player than Foligno with it.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:33 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Foligno is not moving, certainly not for the lowball offers in this thread. He's young, part of the core, a 2nd liner by any reasonable standard (his numbers back this up), he is tough, gritty, can hit and fight, and will not be dealt, least of all to one of our most hated rivals, for anything short of a huge overpayment. He himself was drafted 24th overall, and his value has gone nowhere but up from there.

We aren't the Oilers, trading everybody over the age of 23. We drafted and developed him, and he is now panning out, and will grow with the rest of our young core. Why would we trade him for a late first just to start over and do our rival the favour of letting Marcus play with his brother?

No, no, no.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote