HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2012, 06:11 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Not really. Both are a product of both goalie and defense.
I'm with you buddy....symbiotic relationship.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:31 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Not really. Both are a product of both goalie and defense.
Thirded.

This makes it all crystal clear:

Tampa had 16 shots.

Old
05-12-2012, 09:45 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
ESPN Insider has a real depressing piece on Bryz. Here is an interesting section:
That about sums it up.

Old
05-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
That about sums it up.
The author put the article up on Hockey Prospectus in case anyone wants to read it:

http://www.puckprospectus.com/articl...articleid=1311

Old
05-12-2012, 11:57 AM
mighty all the way

I think the biggest move you guys should make in the offseason is somehow getting Sean Burke.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:37 PM
lespaul89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
I think the biggest move you guys should make in the offseason is somehow getting Sean Burke.
I don't think the problem is the coach. I just don't believe Ilya is a gamer. As a Coyotes fan, I remember these threads the last two seasons when we were bounced in the first. For us, he played stellar during the regular season, only to be a completely different goalie in the playoffs. He was letting in goals that he was consistently stopping the regular season. It was frustrating because we relied completely on him. At least Philly has a solid offense. He was our MVP, but when the postseason came, he was average. The problem is, Philly isn't paying him to be average, or even above average. They are paying him to be a superstar that can carry a team.

I just think he is too soft for the big stage.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:13 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaul89 View Post
I don't think the problem is the coach. I just don't believe Ilya is a gamer. As a Coyotes fan, I remember these threads the last two seasons when we were bounced in the first. For us, he played stellar during the regular season, only to be a completely different goalie in the playoffs. He was letting in goals that he was consistently stopping the regular season. It was frustrating because we relied completely on him. At least Philly has a solid offense. He was our MVP, but when the postseason came, he was average. The problem is, Philly isn't paying him to be average, or even above average. They are paying him to be a superstar that can carry a team.

I just think he is too soft for the big stage.
They are paying him too much. true. but they should just expect quality goaltending. thats what he is. a quality NHL goalie who can keep you in a tight game. His pay is what his agent was able to maneuver out of us. that should not be used as an excuse to expect more especially from people who watch hockey and have seen him perform a lot as i had before we got him. Phoenix was not a match for the redwings in those series. I watched him play unbelievably for anaheim in the 2006 playoffs and again for a few games in 2007 so to act like he can't take the pressure of the "big stage" is stupid. its all a "big stage" and he IS a good NHL goalie.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:20 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

I'm predicting a major fail of a year for BUMzgalov in '12/'13.

I'm also predicting tons of new and exciting excuses for him.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:34 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
I'm predicting a major fail of a year for BUMzgalov in '12/'13.

I'm also predicting tons of new and exciting excuses for him.
That's shocking considering what a huge fan you are of him. As a serious question and don't say anyone would be better. who would you get at this point if we could get rid of his contract?

Old
05-12-2012, 03:47 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
That's shocking considering what a huge fan you are of him. As a serious question and don't say anyone would be better. who would you get at this point if we could get rid of his contract?
Spend the majority of the chunk of change on Suter or another top D.

For G get Nabby away from NY and let him and BOB fight for starter.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:54 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Spend the majority of the chunk of change on Suter or another top D.

For G get Nabby away from NY and let him and BOB fight for starter.
That's what we need, someone older and then have both goalies fighting over the #1 spot and be back int he same situation we were before we even got Bryz. Good thinking there .

Old
05-12-2012, 03:58 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
That's what we need, someone older and then have both goalies fighting over the #1 spot and be back int he same situation we were before we even got Bryz. Good thinking there .
Okay. Lets just sit on our 51 mil mediocre player for another 8 yrs.

Better yet lets just bench him when he hits 3 GAA average again. Give him a free ride for sucking so bad and forgive Snider for wasting our money.

All awhile arguing about which goals are on him or on Kimmo.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:03 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
Yeah because we can magically just wave a wand and get rid of bryz and his contract

Old
05-12-2012, 04:03 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
He hates Bryzgalov. He obviously thinks anybody would be better. bring em here and watchem turn to crap. Bryzgalov was vezina caliber before he got here but he adjusted to the madness and still never got credit in the end. Nabby would suck here. You think bryz is bad? As far as Suter goes i think were getting him. Jagr's gone, Carla is gone, Pronger aint comin back. we got money for suter and homer knows we need that guy to build it around. It'd be nice if kimmo retired tho. He's done. I love em but come on. he's burnt out.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:04 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:

Better yet lets just bench him when he hits 3 GAA average again. Give him a free ride for sucking so bad and forgive Snider for wasting our money.

Foot was more than likely still a big issue for him for most of the playoffs and during that entire series, yet Bryz and Coburn were EASILY the best players of that Devils series. I'm sure it's all on Bryz when they are being 32 to ****ING 12 after 2 periods (in game 4) and it was still a 3-2 game at that point. Also given the fact that we have not had a consistent and healthy D for most of the season and Bryz being put into a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT system than the one in Phoenix. Also throwing in how many new faces there were in general and how many rookies there were, were to have problems bound all over the place and in turn, have more goals scored on our goalies. Give him another year or two, at least. So glad you aren't the GM.

But I'm sure none of this will sink in right? I'll be sure to keep a track on this thread and bring these comments back up next season when he is completely kicking ass.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:07 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:

Dude. how hard is it to understand that he was awesome for phoenix and anaheim and then struggled for a while here. It was obviously us that got him off on the wrong foot. He adjusted and was playin really good at the end. You can say he sucked against pittsburgh but that series was wide open and he looked like george vezina compared to Fleury who was also hung out to dry the same as bryz was. Hockey is much more complicated than what your makin it out to be. Bryzgalov is only gonna get better. be patient. the flyers need to make some changes tho.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:09 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Dude. how hard is it to understand that he was awesome for phoenix and anaheim and then struggled for a while here. It was obviously us that got him off on the wrong foot. He adjusted and was playin really good at the end. You can say he sucked against pittsburgh but that series was wide open and he looked like george vezina compared to Fleury who was also hung out to dry the same as bryz was. Hockey is much more complicated than what your makin it out to be. Bryzgalov is only gonna get better. be patient. the flyers need to make some changes tho.
We need a healthy, and stable D for the season. We can't have what we just had again. We had 437 man games lost to injury (144 were from D-men).

Old
05-12-2012, 04:12 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
We need a healthy, and stable D for the season. We can't have what we just had again. We had 437 man games lost to injury (144 were from D-men).
Agreed mofo. We were insane last summer when Pronger was in the mix but take him out and its over. we were lucky to do what we did but after processing what just happened i think we did overachieve. Our forwards are awesome, our defense is halfway there (mezsaros, coburn, and grossmann) and the goalie knows what he's dealing with and how to handle everything now. If phoenix can knock out the Kings we can maybe get that kings flyers final next year. I'm, of course, root in for a washington phoenix final.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:22 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Foot was more than likely still a big issue for him for most of the playoffs and during that entire series, yet Bryz and Coburn were EASILY the best players of that Devils series. I'm sure it's all on Bryz when they are being 32 to ****ING 12 after 2 periods (in game 4) and it was still a 3-2 game at that point. Also given the fact that we have not had a consistent and healthy D for most of the season and Bryz being put into a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT system than the one in Phoenix. Also throwing in how many new faces there were in general and how many rookies there were, were to have problems bound all over the place and in turn, have more goals scored on our goalies. Give him another year or two, at least. So glad you aren't the GM.

But I'm sure none of this will sink in right? I'll be sure to keep a track on this thread and bring these comments back up next season when he is completely kicking ass.
Give me a break. The guy handles the puck like a grenade, has a five hole bigger than Lindsey Lohan and the posture of a wet sack of newspapers, but his foot is the magical excuse?

The system excuse is another overrated lolz. The guy has one job, stop the puck from entering the net.

And for such a completely terrible D and system, we sure did well on the shots against department. SEVENTH LOWEST in the entire league for the regular season. 12th in the post season.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:26 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
He has like two great seasons. The rest are mediocre.

I hope he gets better, but I doubt it.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:26 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Give me a break. The guy handles the puck like a grenade, has a five hole bigger than Lindsey Lohan and the posture of a wet sack of newspapers, but his foot is the magical excuse?

The system excuse is another overrated lolz. The guy has one job, stop the puck from entering the net.

And for such a completely terrible D and system, we sure did well on the shots against department. SEVENTH LOWEST in the entire league for the regular season. 12th in the post season.
I guess patience is not your virtue. Also, break your foot and then try to do what he just did. **** even some NJ fans think Bryz wasn't the issue. You want a scapegoat and nothing else just to make yourself feel better. Bryz was damn good in the 2nd half when everything was really sinking in on the system, the defense and so on. If you don't like it and know things aren't going to change, go root for another team. We won't miss you.

I'll put it this way, if Quick was traded to a run-and-gun team, such as the Flyers, or when the Caps had Bruce as their coach. Don't you think his GAA would be way higher and his SV% would be way lower because of a whole new system? Bryz had that happen to him. He will be better next season.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:29 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
I guess patience is not your virtue. Also, break your foot and then try to do what he just did. **** even some NJ fans think Bryz wasn't the issue. You want a scapegoat and nothing else just to make yourself feel better. Bryz was damn good in the 2nd half when everything was really sinking in on the system, the defense and so on. If you don't like it and know things aren't going to change, go root for another team. We won't miss you.
3.46 GAA .887 SAV - post season
2.48 GAA .909 SAV - regular season

Just the season of his career huh.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:30 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
3.46 GAA .887 SAV - post season
2.48 GAA .909 SAV - regular season

Just the season of his career huh.
Ummm huh? That sentence really confuses me.

Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 05-12-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old
05-12-2012, 04:50 PM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:

So, give or take in the last 15 years or so, why haven't we had consistency in our goaltending? Run and gun systems don't support goalies.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:51 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
So, give or take in the last 15 years or so, why haven't we had a decent, consistent goaltender?
More than likely his excuse is going to be that Bryz was alive and well during those 15 years .

Closed Thread