HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribero needs to sit

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Mackee

vCash: 500
I'm no Ribeiro fan by any means, but I think he's playing decent hockey.

I have two problems with him. His lack of any defensive responsibility whatsoever. And his stupid little junior moves that just don't work on NHL defensemen. I figured he would have cut this out years ago but apparently he still thinks those moves fly.

Old
03-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey
If you are refering to me, I would never compare the two. Koivu will and always will be a better player than Ribs. Unfortunately, right now Koivu is really not getting any results, whether that is because of the wingers he plays with or not. As for Koivu being more compatible with Kovalev than Ribs...generally I would say yes without hesitation but recently, I don't know. Koivu who we all stated as being able to adapt to anyone and get anyone to produce isn't really producing. Of course this could just be the case of Ryder and Higgins slumping really bad... In any case, if Koivu can't get them to produce, who will? Ribs? Pleky? If your best C can't get them to do a thing, I can't see anyone else doing better... And if that is the case, getting Koivu and Kovalev matched up will only be a lateral move...
Still, we need a 1st line to produce so I wouldn't mind seeing the 2 K's matched up again and give Ribs at least one of the slumping wingers and pray to god that would get Koivu going again. You know the team isn't doing that well when Ribs is tied for 3rd on the team for goals with Koivu and Zednik.
First, I wasn't it addressing it specifically to you. Second, one possible explanation for Koivu and Ribeiro having the same number of goals is that Ribeiro has played 8 more games. Incidentally, Ribeiro has fewer assists and the worst +/- on the team. He was -2 against the Isles.

Old
03-22-2006, 09:58 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
First, I wasn't it addressing it specifically to you. Second, one possible explanation for Koivu and Ribeiro having the same number of goals is that Ribeiro has played 8 more games. Incidentally, Ribeiro has fewer assists and the worst +/- on the team.
But Ribeiro played less minutes per games, had less powerplay time and less Kovalev on his line and went in the press box for a few nights. So it's 4 quarters for a dollar. This year Ribeiro is on par with Koivu except for the defensive play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
He was -2 against the Isles.
Do you have to come with the stats of one game to prove a point?
You used to better than that, Teufelsdreck...

Old
03-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Kirk Muller

I think what it comes down to is the guys who are counted on to score goals need to score goals. Ribeiro and Koivu can set up guys a 100 times a game, but if they don't cash them in, then there isn't much more these two can do.

I am sorry, i am disappointed in Zednik, Ryder (more his overall play than goals), and Kovalev. I expected each to pot more goals then this. All are getting chances, and they aren't putting them in. Koivu and Ribeiro aren't expected to be scorers, they are scoring as much as play making centers should. There assist and point totals are directly related to their linemates.

The off season needs to address a few needs. A power winger and another top 3 defenseman. Also goaltending needs to be addressed. Personally i think Zednik is done in Montreal, as are redundant parts in Sundstrom, Downey, and Bonk if anyone ever wants him.

Old
03-22-2006, 10:44 PM
kevinr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Ribeiro is actualy one of the best player of the team. So maybe "HabsFan" would sit the whole team if he was the coach...
What colour is the sky in a world where Ribeiro is one of the best players on the team?

Old
03-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
But Ribeiro played less minutes per games, had less powerplay time and less Kovalev on his line and went in the press box for a few nights. So it's 4 quarters for a dollar. This year Ribeiro is on par with Koivu except for the defensive play.

Do you have to come with the stats of one game to prove a point?
You used to better than that, Teufelsdreck...
Thank you. The two games he spent in the press box tell us more about him than the -2.

Old
03-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr
What colour is the sky in a world where Ribeiro is one of the best players on the team?
If Ribeiro is one of the best players on the team, the sky would be blue. Why? Because we'd be looking up at the St. Louis Blues!

Old
03-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr
I was saying that right now, he's one of the best. Yep, the team isn't really good lately...

Was he was of the best 2 months ago---no

Will he be one of the best for the remaining of the season---probably

Will he be one of the best for the future---we don't know

Old
03-23-2006, 01:10 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I was saying that right now, he's one of the best. Yep, the team isn't really good lately...

Was he was of the best 2 months ago---no

Will he be one of the best for the remaining of the season---probably

Will he be one of the best for the future---we don't know

Ribs is not even good enough to play with Kovalev, the line is pretty uneffective even strenght... Time to put Plekanec there before we miss the playoffs.

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 03-23-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old
03-23-2006, 06:27 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea

Ribs is not even good enough to play with Kovalev, the line is pretty uneffective even strenght... Time to put Plekanec there before we miss the playoffs.

what did you bet at the beginning of the season , if Plekanec was not going to be the 2 nd center ? was it your left or your right nut ?

Closed Thread