HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 7

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 3 1.69%
Derek Stepan 2 1.13%
Ryan Callahan 4 2.26%
Brad Richards 154 87.01%
Marian Gaborik 4 2.26%
Artem Anisimov 2 1.13%
Carl Hagelin 40 22.60%
Ruslan Fedotenko 16 9.04%
Brandon Prust 1 0.56%
Mike Rupp 2 1.13%
John Mitchell 1 0.56%
Ryan McDonagh 16 9.04%
Dan Girardi 10 5.65%
Marc Staal 36 20.34%
Michael Del Zotto 83 46.89%
Stu Bickel 2 1.13%
Steve Eminger 1 0.56%
Anton Stralman 1 0.56%
Henrik Lundqvist 163 92.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Why are we worried about other team's fans opinions?

I think the one thing I can say for the '94 series is that at least the internet wasn't a big factor.

We're doing things the way we're doing them. It isn't the goal to impress or scare anyone, especially fans. The goal is to win 16 games.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Well, I got home from the game and for some strange reason my throat hurts. Can't imagine why. I'll have to watch the replays of the disallowed goal on the game replay because they didn't show much of it on the big screen. I did see the ref wave it off right away so I didn't get too carried away. I don't remember seeing the red light go on.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I really want to see that again if anyone has the video. Definitely didn't look like a kick.
Not that it really matters anymore, but them disallowing that goal was SUCH BS. The replay CLEARLY SHOWED beyond a shadow of a doubt that Boyle lost possession of the puck and the falling Caps defenseman sent it into the net with his body. I swear to god this is what happened and the fact that they didn't even give it a REVIEW?! During a Game 7?! Are you kidding me?

Where is the consistency in these league? Jesus...

/Rant

I am so damn happy we won, guys! Let's crush these Debs and get to the big show!

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:39 AM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
It would be much less difficult with that obviously needed top-6 scorer.
Really, think what the Rangers could do if one more real goal scorer was there. Look at how much improved the team is this season after last season with the addition of Brad Richards. Think about what the addition of another scorer would do this for this team.

Regardless of where things go this season, the Rangers are going to run rampant on other teams, this season is just a first volley, and look out from here.
Been saying that last part for months, which is why I didn't want to mortgage the future for Nash.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Mrpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Not that it really matters anymore, but them disallowing that goal was SUCH BS. The replay CLEARLY SHOWED beyond a shadow of a doubt that Boyle lost possession of the puck and the falling Caps defenseman sent it into the net with his body. I swear to god this is what happened and the fact that they didn't even give it a REVIEW?! During a Game 7?! Are you kidding me?

/Rant

I am so damn happy we won, guys! Let's crush these Debs and get to the big show!
Was a horrible call, and I agree. I thought from the broadcast they said the ref blew the whistle before it went in, which was why it was not reviewable. But to call goalie interference, yet no penalty for it or for the take down of Boyle from behind is the real problem then.

I am just happy it had no outcome on the final results.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:06 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Best effort of the year. Bring on Uncle Daddy!
I know it would never happen, and for hockey reasons I don't even really want it to happen, but with both Brodeur and Kovalchuck on the Devils, I would love to see Sean Avery skate out of the gate for game one. Those two would collectively implode, haha.

Hell, even a paper transaction where Sather "calls up" Avery to the main roster would be enough for a good reaction.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:08 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:

/Rant

Like the Neil soccer goal i had a feeling that the Boyle disallowed goal was going to come back and bite us in the ass. I was pissed to say the least.

So glad its a non issue now but Torts face was priceless when it wasn't even reviewed.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:11 AM
satrabyk

Good win, HM to Staal, the top line of Richards, Gaborik and Hagelin was outstanding all played top notch game with good energy. Hank of course was great and just a good team effort. Guys buying in, i cant say anyone played poorly, prusty was great tonight also.

I know most of us like how we match up vs the Devils and so do i, but we have to give them respect there here for a reason, they have played solid hockey. I think its our series to lose though and if we play our game they dont have much chance. I want to see more goals this series, hopefully Hagelin two points get him into the stats column as well as hes played, the kid is such a pleasure to watch, game 7 he brings it that much more, winning race and a perfect pass to Richards on the first goal than helping create the next one. But ya we need more goals.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:12 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
What a game to be at!!

I just got home to Long Island after sitting in 2 hours of traffic (yikes!). But well worth it!!

05-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
So unbelievably happy right now. We exercised a lot of demons tonight. Nail biting and dramatic. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Sockosensei

Around the 10 minute mark of the first period, Backstrom shot one on Henrik, the rebound popped up, and Backstrom batted it out of mid-air, just wide.

Question: Did Henrik get his toe out and make the save on that batted puck?

I only saw one replay and the announcers never mentioned it, but it looked like Henrik made an incredible reaction toe save, point-blank. If that goes in and the Caps gain momentum there, it would have been really tough to pull this win off.

If anyone has a video of that I'd love to see it.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:31 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomtastic71 View Post
We won, didn't we? They got some calls, we got some calls. The slow-mo replay video was indecisive imo.
lol...i dont care, it wound up not mattering...read some of my earlier posts...it wont ruin my weekend lol

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:32 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
So unbelievably happy right now. We exercised a lot of demons tonight. Nail biting and dramatic. Wouldn't want it any other way.

same feelings here....i still cant believe it!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:47 AM
trilobyte

It seems strange that that is all it took. Not putting down any effort, but this game did not turn out to be a blood and guts effort. The Capitals did not turn one in either.

Really, it was another 'just what is required' delivery by the Rangers. Good on one hand, but kind of disconcerting too.

I'm not knocking the win, just trying to understand this Rangers team. I may never, but okay.

trilobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:02 AM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
It seems strange that that is all it took. Not putting down any effort, but this game did not turn out to be a blood and guts effort. The Capitals did not turn one in either.

Really, it was another 'just what is required' delivery by the Rangers. Good on one hand, but kind of disconcerting too.

I'm not knocking the win, just trying to understand this Rangers team. I may never, but okay.
We were the better team IMO. If not for a few questionable at best officiating calls/non-calls in Games 2 and 4...this series likely ends alot quicker then 7 games. The only game IMO we got outplayed in this series was Game 6.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:10 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Just finished the game on DVR.

Lets ****ing go baby!....

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
We were the better team IMO. If not for a few questionable at best officiating calls/non-calls in Games 2 and 4...this series likely ends alot quicker then 7 games. The only game IMO we got outplayed in this series was Game 6.
yeah, i kinda agree, outside of game 6 i think we played em even or better in every single other game.

with all that said, I felt their scoring chances were WAAAYYYYYY better than our scoring chances. when lundqvist had to make a spectacular save it always seemed to be on Semin, Backstrom or Ovechkin...when Holtby was forced to make a good save it always seemed like it was on Boyle, Prust, Fedotenko or Rupp.

He probably only "robbed" Gaborik like twice all series, Richards, when he was shooting, was putting the puck either in the net, or into Holtbys chest. Lundqvist made maybe 20-25 larceny type saves this series.....Holtby had like 6. That's more of a function of the talent they have than anything. Devils series will be way more interesting...Devils are going to want to forecheck us into the ice....it'll work for sustained shifts of offense, but the Rangers can and will counterattack and get quality chances of our own.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:25 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Just got home...first game 7 i've been to and wow...what an atmosphere. That was unreal. Relieved to have won the game but no time for celebrating. Won nothing yet.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:30 AM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
yeah, i kinda agree, outside of game 6 i think we played em even or better in every single other game.

with all that said, I felt their scoring chances were WAAAYYYYYY better than our scoring chances. when lundqvist had to make a spectacular save it always seemed to be on Semin, Backstrom or Ovechkin...when Holtby was forced to make a good save it always seemed like it was on Boyle, Prust, Fedotenko or Rupp.

He probably only "robbed" Gaborik like twice all series, Richards, when he was shooting, was putting the puck either in the net, or into Holtbys chest. Lundqvist made maybe 20-25 larceny type saves this series.....Holtby had like 6. That's more of a function of the talent they have than anything. Devils series will be way more interesting...Devils are going to want to forecheck us into the ice....it'll work for sustained shifts of offense, but the Rangers can and will counterattack and get quality chances of our own.
Agreed on the lack of scoring chances we had. I do think we have to give some credit to the Caps...they bought into Hunter's philosophy. And like us they do clog the slot and block a ton of shots.

I think we'll be able to generate more offense in this series. The Devils dont play the defensive system the Caps do. They pressure like Ottawa does, but they lack the puck controlling defensemen Ottawa has. There is no Rafalski or Niedermayer back on that line anymore. Ottawa was able to keep us hemmed in our zone so much because their defensemen control and pass the puck so well. We'll have chances to counterattack for sure.

I think this is a good matchup for us. I also think Marty is the weakest goalie we'll face this postseason.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:34 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
I said on twitter. God forbid that we blow this lead and that goal comes back to haunt us.

Imagine that presser by torts, and this forum.....would not be safe for humanity as a whole.

Plus i would have been one bitter ass mother ****er for the next few months.
Oh man, torts would've lost it. I think this is one case where he wouldn't hold back anything even if it meant it's the last game he coaches in the NHL.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:44 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I still love all you guys!

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:46 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
For some reason, the pictures aren't in there, but here is your post-game audio from the Rangers locker room.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:04 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:

/Rant

Agreed, it was a clear goal.

05-13-2012, 03:16 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I still love all you guys!
Please, it is not necessary. A benevolant hatred, in an abstract manner, is more than acceptable

This was the best playoff GDT thread I have ever witnessed. I saw very little trolling by posters bearing Rangers colours, unlike some previous games. Seems like a much more homogeneous Rangers family tonight.

trilobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:24 AM
JHaggis

Henrik Lundqvist
Carl Hagelin
Brad Richards

=Golden triangle in this game for sure

JHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote