HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brandon Gormley to Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2012, 01:41 AM
  #76
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
So the answer to why Phoenix would trade Gormley is because they have a very strong organizational depth at defense, and their forwards could use improving. While that may be, they're still in the conference finals right now. So why exactly would they trade him right now when their team is on a good run this year, Gormley has been developing and is only getting better?

MPS isn't even the starting point. I'm not even a Phoenix fan, and it's quite obvious he's worth quite a bit. Too be honest, i'd rate him as a top 5 d prospect. Add that to the fact Phoenix has done an exceptional job at developing defenseman so far and it's easily a no brainer that they keep him unless it's a massive overpayment.
It's funny...

You mention Eberle/Hall/RNH/Yak and Oiler fans go nuts asking for the sky and moon.... and here in the this thread they are asking for another teams top prospect and offering Gagner and a 3rd??...

For such a hyper defensive fan base regarding their prospects, you would figure they would at least show some sort of level of respect in regards to other teams top prospects value... not the case though.

Gormley is a stud, kick looks great.... PHX has literally 0 reason to trade him, and espically not for the junk in this thread.

I don't think it needs to be Hall/RNH/Eberle/Yak mind you... but more value than the crap spewed here.

Klefbom + Oilers 2013 1st rounder may get PHX to bite.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:01 AM
  #77
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,384
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
It's funny...

You mention Eberle/Hall/RNH/Yak and Oiler fans go nuts asking for the sky and moon.... and here in the this thread they are asking for another teams top prospect and offering Gagner and a 3rd??...

For such a hyper defensive fan base regarding their prospects, you would figure they would at least show some sort of level of respect in regards to other teams top prospects value... not the case though.

Gormley is a stud, kick looks great.... PHX has literally 0 reason to trade him, and espically not for the junk in this thread.

I don't think it needs to be Hall/RNH/Eberle/Yak mind you... but more value than the crap spewed here.

Klefbom + Oilers 2013 1st rounder may get PHX to bite.
Wrong quote?

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:02 AM
  #78
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 50
Klefbom will probably be better than Gormley, so no point Oil fans, you have to imagine one of Marincin, Teubert, Gernat or Musil will also pan out.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 07:55 AM
  #79
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Wrong quote?



No I was agreeing with you and carrying on from your point

and Klefbom won't be better than Gormley for the poster claiming that.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 08:49 AM
  #80
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post



No I was agreeing with you and carrying on from your point

and Klefbom won't be better than Gormley for the poster claiming that.
Why couldn't he be? Because you said so? I mean, if being named the top Dman at the WJC is the defining point of prospect status, then wouldn't being named 2nd best (ie tournament All-Star) while being 17 months younger be pretty impressive as well? What if that same player was bigger, faster and more physical, and playing in a men's league?

No, you're probably right because you said so.

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:16 AM
  #81
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
Gagner + 3rd + LA 3rd for Gormley.


You keep throwing in 3rds, eventually you`ll get there. Or not.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:18 AM
  #82
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Why couldn't he be? Because you said so? I mean, if being named the top Dman at the WJC is the defining point of prospect status, then wouldn't being named 2nd best (ie tournament All-Star) while being 17 months younger be pretty impressive as well? What if that same player was bigger, faster and more physical, and playing in a men's league?

No, you're probably right because you said so.
Don't worry he has constant hate for the Oilers since he joined HF.

To put in perspective. Gormley was Canada's best defensemen, and Klefbom was Sweden's best defensemen.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:29 AM
  #83
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Why couldn't he be? Because you said so? I mean, if being named the top Dman at the WJC is the defining point of prospect status, then wouldn't being named 2nd best (ie tournament All-Star) while being 17 months younger be pretty impressive as well? What if that same player was bigger, faster and more physical, and playing in a men's league?

No, you're probably right because you said so.


Nope.

On this site alone with top 100 prospects Gormley was rated higher.... why is Klefbom better?... because you said so right?

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:31 AM
  #84
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Don't worry he has constant hate for the Oilers since he joined HF.

To put in perspective. Gormley was Canada's best defensemen, and Klefbom was Sweden's best defensemen.
"it's not the band I hate, it's their faaaaaaannnnnnnns"- Sloan.

Not knocking Klefbom, all I said was I believe Gormley would be better, nothing wrong with that... again though, the hyper sensitive Oiler fan base to the rescue!!!

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:33 AM
  #85
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Maybe...

EDM 2013 1st Rounder
Sam Gagner

Not sure...

now that is over paryment

Name the last 5 Q d-men who made an impression in the NHL that would deserve basically two first rounders in return? Only on this site does Q carry a lot of respect for D-men coming out of that league. They are getting better, but they are still known for more busts then hits and untl gormley plays game in the NHL--I would not toss a first rounder and Gagner for him. Oiler needs NHL ready D-men and not guys 3 years down the line. Some people look at his stats and go over the moon--but there is a big difference in playing in the Q and even in the AHL. He has looked good in some Overseas gigs--but I want to see how he adapts to playing against men

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:42 AM
  #86
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post


Nope.

On this site alone with top 100 prospects Gormley was rated higher.... why is Klefbom better?... because you said so right?
See, the thing is I didn't say he IS better, but I made a case for why he could become the better Dman. Klefbom was ranked 21st, Gormley 17th. That's not a whole lot of separation, but it still means as of right now Gormley would have to be considered the better prospect. If you factor in that Klefbom is 17months younger than him and more of a pure talent/raw skill than Gormley's polished, do everything well but nothing great game, I'd say one player has a lot more room to grow than the other. There is no guarantee Klefbom gets there, but he certainly has a much higher ceiling than Gormley.

You said he won't be better, and based it off a current ranking. If you can't see why that is a flawed argument, then there's not much more I can say.

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 10:12 AM
  #87
oilerbear
Registered User
 
oilerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Edmonton would get a defenceman nearly NHL ready who could most likely step right into the NHL and become an integral part of their defence. Very similar to Ryan Murray, what would it take to get him? I know Phoenix is loaded with quality defensive prospects.
Gormley's QMJHL performance tracks the same as our #6 D prospect Jeremie Blain.
Both have elite Markers .9PPG chl Dmen @ 18

Klefbom our #1 d prospect WJC Allstar @ 18.
Gormeley WJC Allstar @19

#6D Gernat was .9PPG @18 in CHL

#2D Marincin 6'4" .85PPG @18 tracks a bit shy of Blain, Gormley, Gernat.

Have a hard time giving up assets for what we have in our system.

Plus one young D slot in 13-14 will be taken by Klefbom.

We have to wait out the Schultz sweepstakes.
If the superior NHL ready player ends up with the oilers.
There will be no room.

Howie
HF 5E(oops that is ekland) rankings are more important than Swedens Scouting community saying klefbom may be the next great.


Last edited by oilerbear: 05-13-2012 at 10:24 AM.
oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:08 AM
  #88
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Gormley's QMJHL performance tracks the same as our #6 D prospect Jeremie Blain.
Both have elite Markers .9PPG chl Dmen @ 18

Klefbom our #1 d prospect WJC Allstar @ 18.
Gormeley WJC Allstar @19

#6D Gernat was .9PPG @18 in CHL

#2D Marincin 6'4" .85PPG @18 tracks a bit shy of Blain, Gormley, Gernat.

Have a hard time giving up assets for what we have in our system.

Plus one young D slot in 13-14 will be taken by Klefbom.

We have to wait out the Schultz sweepstakes.
If the superior NHL ready player ends up with the oilers.
There will be no room.

Howie
HF 5E(oops that is ekland) rankings are more important than Swedens Scouting community saying klefbom may be the next great.
I rather trade for a proven PMD then another prospect, the Oilers are loaded with some very good D prospects that are worth waiting for.
After the WJC Klefbom's play has been like night & day, he's playing top minutes and is getting PP time. Some debate he's the better then Jonas Brodin now and is the best Dman on his team. (I'll get flamed by some Wild fans for that)

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:54 AM
  #89
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
"it's not the band I hate, it's their faaaaaaannnnnnnns"- Sloan.

Not knocking Klefbom, all I said was I believe Gormley would be better, nothing wrong with that... again though, the hyper sensitive Oiler fan base to the rescue!!!
I think most would say that right now Gormley is a better all-round dman than Klefbom. But he is also a year and a half older and Klefbom made great strides last year.

But the point remains that Gormley and Klefbom are at least comparable. Neither would get you a player of the order of RNH/Hall/Erberle at this stage of their development.

I will be happy to say that I am an Oiler fan who thinks Gagner should be traded. In my mind he does not fit the team going forward. But he is far from the bust that many suggest he is when his name comes up in trades.

What is Gormley worth in a trade? That is very hard to say. And while it is easy to say that Gagner is not nearly enough it also that case that Rundblad, who was fairly close to Gormley in terms of value along with a 2nd round pick to the Yotes for Kyle Turris.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:07 PM
  #90
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
Gormley
2012 ..1
for
Horcoff
Khabi
Omark

i know edmonton is losing in this trade but hey worth a shot at a stud D .
Why would Phoenix do this! It would be a steal for Edmonton if anything..Omark is 25 and cant stay in the 29th placed teams lineup,Khabi will be 39 and they have Mike Smith anyways. Horcoff is the only player in this deal that would benefit them and he only had 34pt and is mediocore at best.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:15 PM
  #91
Alexander Baigle
Registered User
 
Alexander Baigle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Great White North
Country: Ethiopia
Posts: 761
vCash: 500
OEL + Gormley

for

Yakupov + Gagner

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:17 PM
  #92
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Gormley's QMJHL performance tracks the same as our #6 D prospect Jeremie Blain.
Both have elite Markers .9PPG chl Dmen @ 18

Klefbom our #1 d prospect WJC Allstar @ 18.
Gormeley WJC Allstar @19

#6D Gernat was .9PPG @18 in CHL

#2D Marincin 6'4" .85PPG @18 tracks a bit shy of Blain, Gormley, Gernat.

Have a hard time giving up assets for what we have in our system.

Plus one young D slot in 13-14 will be taken by Klefbom.

We have to wait out the Schultz sweepstakes.
If the superior NHL ready player ends up with the oilers.
There will be no room.

Howie
HF 5E(oops that is ekland) rankings are more important than Swedens Scouting community saying klefbom may be the next great.
Not clear wether your stating Blain is as good as Gormley . Gormley will be a solid top 4 dman in the NHL for years to come and I doubt we even see Blain suite up for a single NHL game. And thats on a 29th placed Edmonton squad thats weak on the back end. I watched both play several times and Blain is no Gormley..Gormley would be a nice addition for any team, especially EDM

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:20 PM
  #93
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,086
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
OEL + Gormley

for

Yakupov + Gagner
That is horrible for PHX. I doubt you would find a single PHX fan that would trade OEL strait up for Yakupov. I doubt you would find many fans outside of EDM that would take Yakupov over OEL. Gagner and Yakupov would not get you OEL.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
  #94
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,552
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Klefbom will probably be better than Gormley, so no point Oil fans, you have to imagine one of Marincin, Teubert, Gernat or Musil will also pan out.
Of course he will, because if there is one thing we have learned on HFboards, its that all Oiler prospects are better than all other teams prospects. Amidoinitrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODSY28 View Post
Why would Phoenix do this! It would be a steal for Edmonton if anything..Omark is 25 and cant stay in the 29th placed teams lineup,Khabi will be 39 and they have Mike Smith anyways. Horcoff is the only player in this deal that would benefit them and he only had 34pt and is mediocore at best.
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic with that proposal...

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:25 PM
  #95
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=internetdotcom;49646815]Of course he will, because if there is one thing we have learned on HFboards, its that all Oiler prospects are better than all other teams prospects. Amidoinitrite?



I think you have Oilers mixed up with the Leafs and the Senators.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:33 PM
  #96
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,831
vCash: 500
IMO Gormley and Klef are just about equal right now . I think Gormley however has more potential.

I cant see Edmonton moving MPS this offseason. He was a 1st round pick that still has lots of potential and will likely come back with a real great season.Hes not a bust cause of 1 bad season, the guy is only 20 years old. Good GMs dont trade their stock when it falls , they wait it out or trade it when its high. Im not saying it always works out but its not worth the risk of trading a 20 year old 1st round pick for little value.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:43 PM
  #97
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,086
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODSY28 View Post
IMO Gormley and Klef are just about equal right now . I think Gormley however has more potential.

I cant see Edmonton moving MPS this offseason. He was a 1st round pick that still has lots of potential and will likely come back with a real great season.Hes not a bust cause of 1 bad season, the guy is only 20 years old. Good GMs dont trade their stock when it falls , they wait it out or trade it when its high. Im not saying it always works out but its not worth the risk of trading a 20 year old 1st round pick for little value.
I think only Oiler fans feel that way.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:46 PM
  #98
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I think only Oiler fans feel that way.
Im not an Oil fan but I also said JUST about equal , Id give Gormley the edge if I had to choose..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:06 PM
  #99
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
OEL + Gormley

for

Yakupov + Gagner
DONE!, I will go fire up the paperwork!

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:08 PM
  #100
Shepard
Registered User
 
Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
OEL + Gormley

for

Yakupov + Gagner
Phoenix counters with:

Gormley + Boedker

for

RNH + Yakupov



Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.