HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Huberdeau

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2012, 12:48 AM
  #51
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
No matter what fans from both sides may be thinking, something tells me that Marc Bergevin will make a serious move for him. It'll be interesting to see if something can be worked out between him and Tallon.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:48 AM
  #52
Cats2TheCup
Registered User
 
Cats2TheCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
The Canucks blogger on Hockeybuzz came up with a suggestion if Vancouver decides to move away from Ryan Kesler

John Hubs Eric Gudbranson for Ryan Kesler
This blogger is not a rational human being.

Cats2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:49 AM
  #53
TorontoTrades
Registered User
 
TorontoTrades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
lol I don't get why the title "blogger" gives them any credibility

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:54 AM
  #54
Icebreakers
Registered User
 
Icebreakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,253
vCash: 500
Huberdeau for 1st overall straight up. It would kinda be a lateral move in our eyes, but not if the scout/gm likes the other over what they currently have (Hubs/yak)

Icebreakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:06 AM
  #55
Cats2TheCup
Registered User
 
Cats2TheCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Let's say the offer is somewhere around Huberdeau, Gudbranson and Jonathan Racine for, let's say, Plekanec, Subban and the 3rd overall? You seriously think they wouldn't think about it? We're not talking about old men here in return... I think that Tallon would be stupid not to explore similar options, although I'm not sure that Bergevin would go that far to get Huberdeau.
Gudbranson is captain material and a leader. He's much more mature than subban and I think will have a better career. You're basically asking us to rip our first potential superstars we've ever drafted from our desperate hands for reasons we don't see as logical.

Cats2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:51 AM
  #56
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,374
vCash: 500
Would Fla fans be more willing if you substituted Guds for just Bjustad as the plus going with Hubs?

Two prospects even though very highly regarded, bring you a Selke center who can slot almost anywhere in your roster.
Cats become legitimate playoff team and can keep challenging for the division title.
Van takes a chance and goes younger while possibly filling out the 2nd line.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 04:54 AM
  #57
Gudbranson44
#44
 
Gudbranson44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Would Fla fans be more willing if you substituted Guds for just Bjustad as the plus going with Hubs?

Two prospects even though very highly regarded, bring you a Selke center who can slot almost anywhere in your roster.
Cats become legitimate playoff team and can keep challenging for the division title.
Van takes a chance and goes younger while possibly filling out the 2nd line.

FLA still rebuilding, I wish people (im not directing this to you, but people in general) could put into perspective the situation of florida before assuming we NEED to give up our top prospects for keslers, plekanecs and subbans.. we're HALF WAY thru a 4 year rebuild, playoffs this year was an unexpected bonus. All of the 4 year contracts signed last offseason are supposed stop-gaps until our prospects (like huberdeau, bjugstad, howden, shore etc) are ready for full time nhl play. our GM is committed to the rebuild, as is our owners. we are in no rush for immediate success, we would much rather continue letting them develop and watch them grow into superstars IN FLORIDA.

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:37 AM
  #58
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats2TheCup View Post
Gudbranson is captain material and a leader. He's much more mature than subban and I think will have a better career. You're basically asking us to rip our first potential superstars we've ever drafted from our desperate hands for reasons we don't see as logical.
Sorry but I don't understand how you can possibly say that. At all.

First potential superstars you've ever drafted? Both Gudbranson and Huberdeau were 3rd overall pick.

So you're saying these players were never at all potential superstars when they were drafted:

Stephen Weiss (4th OA)
Jay Bouwmeester (3rd OA)
Nathan Horton (3rd OA)
Rostislav Olesz (7th OA)

and i could add few more like Frolik and Ellerby to the list. I realize they aren't really superstars right now but when they were drafted i'm sure they had potential to be superstars just like your top prospects right now have. So just because they didn't turn into superstars you can't say you never had potential superstars.

suprvilce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:47 AM
  #59
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAreComing
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 25,905
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
No matter what fans from both sides may be thinking, something tells me that Marc Bergevin will make a serious move for him. It'll be interesting to see if something can be worked out between him and Tallon.
You aren't getting the main point. DT has his way of rebuilding, with his own picks and own UFAs. There's a reason why he traded for/signed a lot of former Hawks players, they're "his guys"- as are the players that he's drafted while he's been with the Panthers.

DT isn't interested in moving Huber, and quite frankly- I don't think there's anything on your side that would even get him to pick up the phone. Just because he's French-Canadian, it doesn't mean that we'll trade him to you for a 7th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Sorry but I don't understand how you can possibly say that. At all.

First potential superstars you've ever drafted? Both Gudbranson and Huberdeau were 3rd overall pick.

So you're saying these players were never at all potential superstars when they were drafted:

Stephen Weiss (4th OA)
Jay Bouwmeester (3rd OA)
Nathan Horton (3rd OA)
Rostislav Olesz (7th OA)

and i could add few more like Frolik and Ellerby to the list. I realize they aren't really superstars right now but when they were drafted i'm sure they had potential to be superstars just like your top prospects right now have. So just because they didn't turn into superstars you can't say you never had potential superstars.
This is the current management. It has nothing to with the joke of an organization that the last ones made the Panthers out to be.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 10:12 AM
  #60
sdawg1010*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Washington offers

Neuvirth
Ward
1st rd pick

sdawg1010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:44 PM
  #61
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
You aren't getting the main point. DT has his way of rebuilding, with his own picks and own UFAs. There's a reason why he traded for/signed a lot of former Hawks players, they're "his guys"- as are the players that he's drafted while he's been with the Panthers.

DT isn't interested in moving Huber, and quite frankly- I don't think there's anything on your side that would even get him to pick up the phone. Just because he's French-Canadian, it doesn't mean that we'll trade him to you for a 7th.
That's YOUR opinion and I respect it. I'm not saying that Bergevin will be successful, but he may just put an offer out there that DT (as you say) may not be able to refuse. Time will tell.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:56 PM
  #62
GordieHoweHatTrick
Keep Kessel
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,682
vCash: 500
Florida's future is finally beginning to look bright so fans on HF are conjuring proposals, trying to poach their promising prospects for players with mileage and injury problems. It's like offering your sloppy seconds for the fresh, and naive, farmer's daughter

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:58 PM
  #63
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,655
vCash: 500
Tallon and Bergevin will not be talking any time soon. I know so many people undervalue how much us Panthers fans value Huby... it's like saying...

Price
Pacioretty

For

Weiss

There would be very few things the Panthers would trade for Huby or Guds... probably somewhere around the 1st overall or a #1 Center.

MillarWithASave is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.