HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yakupov to TOR, Murray to EDM, Trouba to CBS

Old
05-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Schennanigans

vCash: 500
I don't think the difference between Yak and who is taken 5th is Gardiner. No way I'd do this trade.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
I don't think the difference between Yak and who is taken 5th is Gardiner. No way I'd do this trade.
You could be right. It will depend on what Burke and To scouts think of Yak and whether they believe he's a franchaise player or not, as well as To's needs.

From an Oil perspective, it just doesn't make sense to drop from a 'potential' franchaise player to 5th and take Schenn (providing that's the offer) without knowing Schenn's upside. They would probably be better off taking Yak and, if things work out, hoping to cash in with one of their defensive kids in Klefbom/Gernat/Marincin/Musil or picking up someone from the UFA route.

It's not as if the Oil have a lot of high end offensive prospects in the pool after the group they have playing plus Yak...

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:17 PM
mytor4*

[QUOTE=The Naz;49604789]I think EDM is definitely shopping the 1st, but my guess is if they'd offer it to MTL or CBJ. And the cost will be a 2nd+. Not a top tier prospect or great young player.

Maybe 2 2nds, 2nd, 3rd. Something like you see all the time. 2-3 spots for more picks. It happens every draft.

True but i don't see the Habs interrested in moving up.Yak isn't the player wew need or are looking at. one of Grigs or Gal is in our scope.
The Oiler fans think that it would take the 3rd overall + Subban/Price/Patches to move up.Quite a lot of delusional fans from that part of town.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:24 PM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
like ive said all along most edmonton fans are desparate to get Murray, they pray every night that either us, or the Canadiens or Islanders are dumb enough to send them a kings ransom and move up so they can have their cake and eat it too, by drafting Ryan Murray. I dont buy the garbage about them Reeeeaaaallllly wanting a forward. Thadd and roof daddy the only one that comes off as credible, the rest are pretty much homers, no offense but anyone who really thinks Gagner is all that great has got to be a homer, IMO

I sincerely hope that GM's are smart enough to call Tambellini's bluff and let them take Yakupov at #1, They won the lottery so they earned the right. They can have Yakupov, but dont give them a kings Ransom and the guy they really want.

if they want Murray let them actually use their pick and take him, after 3 #1 PICKS IN A ROW ITS ONLY RIGHT
Yes you figured us out.

We're all desperate to avoid drafting the unanimous best player in the draft in order to fill a short term organizational need. We even stacked this poll on our boards to try and maximize Yakupov's return.

We're not desperate to move down rather if another team is desperate enough to move up Tambellini will oblige. (I'd prefer we just keep the pick and take Yakupov tbh) Tambellini and the fans will be absolutely thrilled to add Nail to the team but if, like you said, another team is willing to a king's ransom for him the Oilers would consider moving the pick.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

[QUOTE=topdog;49646707]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
I think EDM is definitely shopping the 1st, but my guess is if they'd offer it to MTL or CBJ. And the cost will be a 2nd+. Not a top tier prospect or great young player.

Maybe 2 2nds, 2nd, 3rd. Something like you see all the time. 2-3 spots for more picks. It happens every draft.

True but i don't see the Habs interrested in moving up.Yak isn't the player wew need or are looking at. one of Grigs or Gal is in our scope.
The Oiler fans think that it would take the 3rd overall + Subban/Price/Patches to move up.Quite a lot of delusional fans from that part of town.
Talk about delusional....The Oil won't be moving a 'potential' franchaise pick for more picks they don't need. There is no team in this draft that have picks the Oil would trade the 1st for without getting a top player back.
Don't know why that's hard to understand.

I think we can easily see why most teams won't give the Oil what they want for Yak. That's not rocket science. What some people don't get is the Oil have zero incentive to move the pick for anything less than a total overpayment.....especially for something they don't need... None....
Just because some posters who do not know the Oiler's, their potential defensive depth, etc, that doesn't mean they'll consider moving another franchaise player for a couple of maybe picks. That would be silly and I can't see any other team in this position doing anything different...

Old
05-13-2012, 01:49 PM
mytor4*

[QUOTE=oilfan22;49647199]
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post

Talk about delusional....The Oil won't be moving a 'potential' franchaise pick for more picks they don't need. There is no team in this draft that have picks the Oil would trade the 1st for without getting a top player back.
Don't know why that's hard to understand.

I think we can easily see why most teams won't give the Oil what they want for Yak. That's not rocket science. What some people don't get is the Oil have zero incentive to move the pick for anything less than a total overpayment.....especially for something they don't need... None....
Just because some posters who do not know the Oiler's, their potential defensive depth, etc, that doesn't mean they'll consider moving another franchaise player for a couple of maybe picks. That would be silly and I can't see any other team in this position doing anything different...
As i said .Anyone thinking that it would take the 3rd overall pick + one of Subban/Price/Patches for the 1st overall pick is delusional.
Anyone thinking that the Habs would even consider offering 3rd overall pick + one of Subban/Price/Patches for the 1st overall pick is even more delusional.
Really the Oilers are stuck with the pick.What i mean by stuck is they really weant to draft Murray but were given Yak. Now they are trying to figure out how they can give up Yak and get Murray + a good player.Problem is no one is interrested in giving up near anything the Oilers are looking for.Now they are torn on who to pick between Yak and Murray.Like one poster has said .I hope the Jackets come out before the draft and claim ther are picking Murray if he's there come 2nd overall pick.
Freezes the 1st overall to the Oilers.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:00 PM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

Quote:

As i said .Anyone thinking that it would take the 3rd overall pick + one of Subban/Price/Patches for the 1st overall pick is delusional.
Anyone thinking that the Habs would even consider offering 3rd overall pick + one of Subban/Price/Patches for the 1st overall pick is even more delusional.
Really the Oilers are stuck with the pick.What i mean by stuck is they really weant to draft Murray but were given Yak. Now they are trying to figure out how they can give up Yak and get Murray + a good player.Problem is no one is interrested in giving up near anything the Oilers are looking for.Now they are torn on who to pick between Yak and Murray.Like one poster has said .I hope the Jackets come out before the draft and claim ther are picking Murray if he's there come 2nd overall pick.
Why do people keep claiming this?

I would offer a full year avatar bet that if the Oilers draft at #1 they take Yakupov.

Old
05-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

[QUOTE=topdog;49647683]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan22 View Post

Well, I had to break it to you mate but the Oil, and it's fans, would be more than tickled pink to pick 'another' 1st overall pick with franchaise potential...Yeah, we're 'stuck' between a rock and a hard place. Oh well, better take him I guess..

When we had 2/3 pick, there was much debate over whether we'd take Murray/Dumba or one of the centers available. Yak wasn't considered because Oil fans firmly believed he would be the Jackets pick and that the gods certainly couldn't shine on us again. Well, guess what, the gods shined. Just check out a poll on the Oiler's site if you don't believe the Oil fans will happily take Yak...There is no debate and the Oiler's aren't even considering not taking him, despite what some delushional fans from other teams think.

As has been said many, many times...The Oiler's will be taking another potential franchaise forward in Nail Yakupov in this draft, unless some other team is desperate for a franchaise player and are willing to overpay for that privilege....

You may believe something else illogical but that's your perogative...We'll happily be 'frozen' into taking Yak...

Old
05-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
why do CBJ do this? why would they want Gagner when they have Brassard?
Also if Edmonton wants Murray they just draft him 1st right?

Hardyvan123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

[QUOTE=oilfan22;49648093]
Quote:

Well, I had to break it to you mate but the Oil, and it's fans, would be more than tickled pink to pick 'another' 1st overall pick with franchaise potential...Yeah, we're 'stuck' between a rock and a hard place. Oh well, better take him I guess..

When we had 2/3 pick, there was much debate over whether we'd take Murray/Dumba or one of the centers available. Yak wasn't considered because Oil fans firmly believed he would be the Jackets pick and that the gods certainly couldn't shine on us again. Well, guess what, the gods shined. Just check out a poll on the Oiler's site if you don't believe the Oil fans will happily take Yak...There is no debate and the Oiler's aren't even considering not taking him, despite what some delushional fans from other teams think.

As has been said many, many times...The Oiler's will be taking another potential franchaise forward in Nail Yakupov in this draft, unless some other team is desperate for a franchaise player and are willing to overpay for that privilege....

You may believe something else illogical but that's your perogative...We'll happily be 'frozen' into taking Yak...
Murray is a stud and many Oiler fans might be pleasantly surprised in the long run if they take him 1st.

Hardyvan123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:13 PM
54roughing*

[QUOTE=topdog;49647683]
Quote:

this is exactly correct. I literally dont believe oiler fans who say otherwise because they keep trying to offer around that pick.

if they truly wanted Yakupov they would be comingg out in droves saying they have absolutely no interest in trading the pick just like most of them did with Nugent Hopkins last year

if they really want Yakupov, fine they can have him by virtue of owning the first pick, but the very fact that they keep trying to drum up inyerest ion a trade shows their true colors, no matter what the profess on their board. its all a smokescreen and id say its 9 out of 10 they trade the pick. the only question is how soon they get reasonable in their demands.

if they dont then they can "happily" draft Yakupov,

just because the get to draft 1st 3 years running doesnt make fans of other teams blind and stupid......now watch them try and justify their offering the pick around, you know youre gonna..... lets hear it

[QUOTE=oilfan22;49648093]
Quote:

right on cue

Enjoy Yakupov then

Last edited by 54roughing*: 05-13-2012 at 02:20 PM.
54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:16 PM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post

Murray is a stud and many Oiler fans might be pleasantly surprised in the long run if they take him 1st.
No one is denying the Murray is a great player. Every Oilers fan would absolutely love to have him but just not at the cost of Yakupov.

Old
05-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Mr V

[QUOTE=54roughing;49648509][QUOTE=topdog;49647683]
this is exactly correct. I literally dont believe oiler fans who say otherwise because they keep trying to offer around that pick.

if they truly wanted Yakupov they would be comingg out in droves saying they have absolutely no interest in trading the pick just like most of them did with Nugent Hopkins last year

if they really want Yakupov, fine they can have him by virtue of owning the first pick, but the very fact that they keep trying to drum up inyerest ion a trade shows their true colors, no matter what the profess on their board. its all a smokescreen and id say its 9 out of 10 they trade the pick. the only question is how soon they get reasonable in their demands.

if they dont then they can "happily" draft Yakupov,

just because the get to draft 1st 3 years running doesnt make fans of other teams blind and stupid......now watch them try and justify their offering the pick around, you know youre gonna..... lets hear it

Quote:

right on cue

Enjoy Yakupov then
OK, you figured it out. We have a secret thread on the Oiler's board where we plan our strategy. That's how we came out unified on the Yakupov poll.
We do really want to trade the pick, but felt we would get better trade offers if we deceived everyone. That's some mighty good detective work there Inspector Clouseau.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:54 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
OK, you figured it out. We have a secret thread on the Oiler's board where we plan our strategy. That's how we came out unified on the Yakupov poll.
We do really want to trade the pick, but felt we would get better trade offers if we deceived everyone. That's some mighty good detective work there Inspector Clouseau.
Thanks for being the first oiler fan to admit it haha, but really its not all that difficult to figure out... almost since the minute that they won the lottery, oiler fans have been posting threads trying to trade down. I can understand fan of other teams offering to trade up, but oiler fans trying to trade down? thats pretty obviously a sign, if Oiler fans were so sold on Yakupov, theyd have come out en masse stating they have no interest trading the first pick, just as they have the prior two years.

all it takes is watching the facts and not buying into the propaganda

54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote