HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Yakupov/1st to your team V 2.0

Old
04-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Yitz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
LOL, what are the Oilers trying to help the Pens become the most talented NHL roster since the 80s Oilers?

Staal for Yakupov = no way.

Yakupov will be as good as any one of Eberle, Hall, or RNH, maybe better.

Would anyone do Hall or Eberle or RNH for Staal ... no way. Yakupov would score 40, maybe even freaking 50+ in Pittsburgh.
this is also pretty ridiculous. there's absolutely no guarantee that yakupov becomes even a decent NHL player. any GM will take the sure-thing 1st line center over the future maybe.

Yitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:48 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yitz View Post
that's a joke...if buffalo offers myers straight up for the 1st overall the oilers will take it without even thinking twice. same with staal.
Staal is a UFA in 2013
doubt they take 1st for Stall unless he's signed long-term

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Koto

Quote:
this is also pretty ridiculous. there's absolutely no guarantee that yakupov becomes even a decent NHL player. any GM will take the sure-thing 1st line center over the future maybe.
I like staal a lot, but really?

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
that's a joke...if buffalo offers myers straight up for the 1st overall the oilers will take it without even thinking twice. same with staal.
Negative to Myers straight up, Negative to Staal

Lucky for you, 2 negatives made your post a positive

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Haven't we gotten over 1st overall picks being busts? The last 1st overall pick to bust was Patrick Stefan 13 years ago. These days scouting is too good for high end picks busting. Yakupov will be a great player, surely better than Jordan Staal.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:10 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Last call, any more comment on this thread before I post a poll next week on Oiler board.
I have decided not to post that poll, on the grounds that there have been other threads, which in concert with this one provide the answer to my question: although Rangers have premium D and Oilers have premium snipers and are therefore natural trade partners, in theory, can they actually get a deal done, or are the wants/expectations too divergent to meet in the middle?
However, I do invite polite comment.

I have come to the conclusion that unless a third team is involved, a deal of a top Ranger D for a top Oiler sniper is not likely to happen.

Although several thought something based around Girardi + Stepan for the 1st Yakupov was fair as a compromise position (I am thinking at least for the 1st if not for RNH or Hall if Rangers add their 2012 1st), not enough concurred.

Oilers seem to want even more, including particularly more D, which NYR cannot spare on top of one top backliner.

In addition, while Jordan Eberle is not chopped liver and is a gifted offensive player, there was unwillingness to consider RNH/Hall, which again does not address specific need for sniper based offensive talent.

Recent parallels to discussions in this and similar threads could be found with an Oil inquiry as to the Blues Pieterangelo, which was rebuffed as quickly as those for the Rangers McDonagh.

Successor inquiries to Shattenkirk do not line up with enough for either side, which is similar in parallel to Rangers Del Zotto.

While each side claims to understand the benefit of balance, each fan base has its share of players who they are especially connected to, and there seems to be a preference to build through the draft and or free agency, i.e., to add to what you have, rather than actually swap known valuable commodity for known valuable commodity with the intent of obtaining balance.

Unfortunately, this is compounded by, IMO, lack of correct evaluation of players, some overrated, some too greatly discounted.

Something may yet be available, but I am not optimistic.
Still, let us each continue these pursuits we enjoy with an open mind, which most of us have demonstrated most of the time.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:46 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I have decided not to post that poll, on the grounds that there have been other threads, which in concert with this one provide the answer to my question: although Rangers have premium D and Oilers have premium snipers and are therefore natural trade partners, in theory, can they actually get a deal done, or are the wants/expectations too divergent to meet in the middle?
However, I do invite polite comment.

I have come to the conclusion that unless a third team is involved, a deal of a top Ranger D for a top Oiler sniper is not likely to happen.

Although several thought something based around Girardi + Stepan for the 1st Yakupov was fair as a compromise position (I am thinking at least for the 1st if not for RNH or Hall if Rangers add their 2012 1st), not enough concurred.

Oilers seem to want even more, including particularly more D, which NYR cannot spare on top of one top backliner.

In addition, while Jordan Eberle is not chopped liver and is a gifted offensive player, there was unwillingness to consider RNH/Hall, which again does not address specific need for sniper based offensive talent.

Recent parallels to discussions in this and similar threads could be found with an Oil inquiry as to the Blues Pieterangelo, which was rebuffed as quickly as those for the Rangers McDonagh.

Successor inquiries to Shattenkirk do not line up with enough for either side, which is similar in parallel to Rangers Del Zotto.

While each side claims to understand the benefit of balance, each fan base has its share of players who they are especially connected to, and there seems to be a preference to build through the draft and or free agency, i.e., to add to what you have, rather than actually swap known valuable commodity for known valuable commodity with the intent of obtaining balance.

Unfortunately, this is compounded by, IMO, lack of correct evaluation of players, some overrated, some too greatly discounted.

Something may yet be available, but I am not optimistic.
Still, let us each continue these pursuits we enjoy with an open mind, which most of us have demonstrated most of the time.
k

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:54 PM
palindrom

In the Plekanec thread i suggested Plekanec, Price and Gorges for Yakupov and Dubnyk.

I am a Montreal fan, but other fans was fast to point me that Price alone worth more than Yakupov and Dubnyk and this trade was horrible for Montreal.

Well, i already know what Montreal fan think of my offers, what do you Edmonton fans think? would you jump on it?

Price, Gorges and Plekanec should earn 13 000 000$ next season, i would use this $ to try to sign Parise or Sutter.

Last edited by palindrom: 06-25-2012 at 03:20 PM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote