HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 7

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 3 1.69%
Derek Stepan 2 1.13%
Ryan Callahan 4 2.26%
Brad Richards 154 87.01%
Marian Gaborik 4 2.26%
Artem Anisimov 2 1.13%
Carl Hagelin 40 22.60%
Ruslan Fedotenko 16 9.04%
Brandon Prust 1 0.56%
Mike Rupp 2 1.13%
John Mitchell 1 0.56%
Ryan McDonagh 16 9.04%
Dan Girardi 10 5.65%
Marc Staal 36 20.34%
Michael Del Zotto 83 46.89%
Stu Bickel 2 1.13%
Steve Eminger 1 0.56%
Anton Stralman 1 0.56%
Henrik Lundqvist 163 92.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2012, 03:22 PM
  #301
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Man, this has been some rollercoaster-ride we all experienced ey! First the Senators-series, now this... And man, does it feel good!!!! I didn't think I would experience such cardiocrazy hockey this season. All in all, Rangers deserved the win and for me, Hagelin has been the revelation so far these play-offs. Everybody talks about Richards, Lundqvist, Staal and McDonagh but Hagelin opens doors other players never get to. Just dump the puck in, and the Swedish roadrunner will get to it. He has been amazing in every aspect. Defense, passing, physicality, vision. We all saw how paralyzed the Richards-line was without him when he was suspended and this is another draft-pick wonder!

I am so happy we got to the ECF and hope we can beat the Devils!

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:27 PM
  #302
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
I watched the game at the hotel bar in the Bahamas with two other Ranger fans that I had just met. What a weird and fun experience. They are a great couple and we were going nuts. Haha

This feels like a dream.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:33 PM
  #303
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Yokohama
Country: United States
Posts: 2,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Agreed, it was a clear goal.
the refs are lucky, in my opinion, that missing that call didn't ruin the game. a lotta people would have been really angry.

so awful for the league that the reffing continues to be a grand fail.

egelband is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:38 PM
  #304
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
the refs are lucky, in my opinion, that missing that call didn't ruin the game. a lotta people would have been really angry.

so awful for the league that the reffing continues to be a grand fail.
They really have to change the "Intent to blow the whistle" rule. The league is thankful that the goal ended up not mattering cause I could have seen Torts rip them a new one had we lost cause of it.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:45 PM
  #305
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
They really have to change the "Intent to blow the whistle" rule. The league is thankful that the goal ended up not mattering cause I could have seen Torts rip them a new one had we lost cause of it.
Terrible call, Wideman knocked the puck and Holtby into the net...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:46 PM
  #306
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Yokohama
Country: United States
Posts: 2,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
They really have to change the "Intent to blow the whistle" rule. The league is thankful that the goal ended up not mattering cause I could have seen Torts rip them a new one had we lost cause of it.
in mlb the umps don't really have much of a say in how a game ends up. in the nba, they are pretty bad, but in general, fouls even up and don't decide things. in the nfl, the ref situation is similar to the nba. a mixture of good and bad but it usually doesn't decide a game.
one of the many problems with the nhl is that the refs decide a large portion of the games. that's just not kosher. the refs in last nights game, actually pretty good, aside from that one missed call. but that's the problem. they eff up one and it's a big deal.

egelband is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:57 PM
  #307
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
Man, this has been some rollercoaster-ride we all experienced ey! First the Senators-series, now this... And man, does it feel good!!!! I didn't think I would experience such cardiocrazy hockey this season. All in all, Rangers deserved the win and for me, Hagelin has been the revelation so far these play-offs. Everybody talks about Richards, Lundqvist, Staal and McDonagh but Hagelin opens doors other players never get to. Just dump the puck in, and the Swedish roadrunner will get to it. He has been amazing in every aspect. Defense, passing, physicality, vision. We all saw how paralyzed the Richards-line was without him when he was suspended and this is another draft-pick wonder!

I am so happy we got to the ECF and hope we can beat the Devils!
Rangers have a very good future. Whatever happens the rest of the way i still want them to get some offensive firepower during the offseason. Hopefully Hank can hang around like Thomas and Broduer because we have a great core of young players

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 04:10 PM
  #308
The Sweetness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,092
vCash: 500
Does anyone know if Callahan has some sort of injury. I'm sure most guys are pretty banged up at this stage but Callahan does not seem to be moving as well as he usually does. I've also seen a few plays where I thought he was a bit weak on his stick, which made me think he might have some sort of wrist or shoulder injury as well.

Anyone with some info?

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 04:12 PM
  #309
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
Rangers have a very good future. Whatever happens the rest of the way i still want them to get some offensive firepower during the offseason. Hopefully Hank can hang around like Thomas and Broduer because we have a great core of young players
True, we have massive talent. McDonagh, Hagelin, Kreider, Stepan, Del Zotto and Erixon all have play-off experience already and we have massive talent coming from recent drafts with Miller, Fogarty, McIlrath. I see Lundqvist ending his career in New York. I hope he signs a 10-year deal when his current contract expires.

I think we need experienced players to complete the perfect mix.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 04:23 PM
  #310
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,628
vCash: 500
Either way now, this season is a great success. Beginning of the year I just wanted to get back to the 2nd round. Everything beyond this point is gravy.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 05:30 PM
  #311
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
True, we have massive talent. McDonagh, Hagelin, Kreider, Stepan, Del Zotto and Erixon all have play-off experience already and we have massive talent coming from recent drafts with Miller, Fogarty, McIlrath. I see Lundqvist ending his career in New York. I hope he signs a 10-year deal when his current contract expires.

I think we need experienced players to complete the perfect mix.
i wouldnt confuse depth with massive talent.

Rangers have lots of depth, and lots of depth coming...massive talent? i vehemently disagree. our 2 best forwards are free agent pickups. if we want another elite forward, we're going to have to sign em, because none are coming, other than MAYBE Kreider if everything goes right.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:50 PM
  #312
lbrowne
Registered User
 
lbrowne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,139
vCash: 500
It's 5pm and I'm still hungover.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:54 PM
  #313
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 07:18 PM
  #314
Greg in MA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
Does anyone know if Callahan has some sort of injury. I'm sure most guys are pretty banged up at this stage but Callahan does not seem to be moving as well as he usually does. I've also seen a few plays where I thought he was a bit weak on his stick, which made me think he might have some sort of wrist or shoulder injury as well.

Anyone with some info?
He took a shot off his hand either early in the Capitals series or late in the Ottawa series, I can't remember which, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's still bothering him.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
  #315
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
I meant to post this yesterday:

Did anyone who went to the game early have issues getting past the ushers to go down for warmups? I entered MSG as soon as the gates opened at 6:30, and when I went to go down the usher told me I was not allowed. I said it was just for warmups, but he said "No were not letting people down anymore". I went one gate over and the usher said the same. Finally, the 3rd gate I went to the usher let me in without issue. Anyone else have this same problem? I'll be mad if they stop letting us down close for warmups

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions!!
NyRangers88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:13 PM
  #316
The Sweetness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA View Post
He took a shot off his hand either early in the Capitals series or late in the Ottawa series, I can't remember which, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's still bothering him.
All right, thanks for the info. I think he must have another injury as well because he just doesnt seem to have the same jump in his legs.

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:06 PM
  #317
gravey9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
wow. dale hunter just stepped down.

gravey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:19 PM
  #318
nafsregnar27
Registered User
 
nafsregnar27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central California
Country: United States
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
hey guys if we are in an elimination game vs the devils give me some vcash to bet on them. i always lose vbookie bets, so i purposely bet on caps tonight.

Me too. 0-5 when betting on the Rangers, bet on Caps game 7 and of course they lost. Betting on the Devils tonight. Luckily VBookie always give you $50 when your out of vcash.

nafsregnar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.