HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Niagara IceDogs 2011-12 Season Thread ‎

Old
05-03-2012, 02:58 PM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Who else thinks the series will be won by the team that wins tonight? They're so evenly matched that this could be the difference.

JSavoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:24 AM
May Day 10

A couple tough losses. Could really be 0-3 or 3-0. They deserved more in the 3rd period of Game 2, and last night couldnt hold a lead for any period of time. Then the late goal along with the Shipley penalty... ugh.

May Day 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:28 PM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
That 2nd game was a heart breaker. It's the one they should've won. Just a small portion where they made stupid gaffs. Otherwise they really out-played them the whole game. Houser was the difference there. Game 3 was tough to, Visentin held them in there for the most of the 3rd but then they lose it late. They have to play all out tomorrow and win or that's it.

SignThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:52 AM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignThornton View Post
That 2nd game was a heart breaker. It's the one they should've won. Just a small portion where they made stupid gaffs. Otherwise they really out-played them the whole game. Houser was the difference there. Game 3 was tough to, Visentin held them in there for the most of the 3rd but then they lose it late. They have to play all out tomorrow and win or that's it.
If the Ice Dogs can win tonight, its anyone's series, but I agree, if the Knights win tonight, its over. I believe London has only lost back to back games twice this year. Once in the reg season and once in round 2. Losing 3 in a row isn't going to happen!

KnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:45 AM
May Day 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
If the Ice Dogs can win tonight, its anyone's series, but I agree, if the Knights win tonight, its over. I believe London has only lost back to back games twice this year. Once in the reg season and once in round 2. Losing 3 in a row isn't going to happen!
In fairness though, it was tough to imagine Niagara losing 3 games in a row as well with the roll they were on. It isnt likely though.

Old
05-09-2012, 01:34 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Day 10 View Post
In fairness though, it was tough to imagine Niagara losing 3 games in a row as well with the roll they were on. It isnt likely though.
We'll know the answer in 7.5 hours!

Old
05-09-2012, 04:57 PM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
Quote:

Yeah if we lose tonight I can't see us winning out against London. Tonight's a must win. If they don't show up to play they don't deserve to win the series or go to the Memorial Cup. I think we have what it takes to beat London but you have to play like you want it.

Hey may the best team win, GL tonight...but GO DOGS GO!

Old
05-09-2012, 09:05 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Yeah if we lose tonight I can't see us winning out against London. Tonight's a must win. If they don't show up to play they don't deserve to win the series or go to the Memorial Cup. I think we have what it takes to beat London but you have to play like you want it.

Hey may the best team win, GL tonight...but GO DOGS GO!

Dogs can't buy a win. Heavily out shoot the Knights 37-21 and lose 4-1. Down 3-0 and get a goal to get things going and the Knights answer in 56 seconds to silence the momentum again. It's not the prettiest hockey to watch, but unbelievably successful. Not sure Williamson has an answer for Hunter.

I thought they deserved better in game 2 and tonight, but these young Knights have more composure than they should have and they know how to slow the game down.

I can't see the Knights losing 3 in a row, but I wouldn't have guessed Niagara could lose 3 in a row either and now they have to win game 5 or its four straight.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:34 AM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Day 10 View Post
A couple tough losses. Could really be 0-3 or 3-0. They deserved more in the 3rd period of Game 2, and last night couldnt hold a lead for any period of time. Then the late goal along with the Shipley penalty... ugh.
I keep hearing this game 2 stuff but looking back they wound up the first up 2-0 until they let Tinordi stroll in the house and wire one....2-1...begin second and it's Rupert time and lickity split it's now 3-2 London. That 8 minutes of hockey was this series to date and Niagara looked shocked when Tinordi scored late first then stunned when Rupes went off for a pair. The Dogs have never looked the same since.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:57 AM
May Day 10

That stretch in game 2 proved to be the shift for sure.

Shots were skewed last night, but London was the better team. They had a ton of odd-man rushes that were broken up or shot wide (or saved). Niagara had more pressure, but the chances werent as high quality and they didnt convert. London did. I think 4-1 is a fair result.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:51 PM
KnightRanger

If the Ice Dogs don't come back and win, think Williamson will stick around next year? Just had a quick look at the playoff roster with ten 92's, three OA's and Hamilton & Strome unlikely to return, does he bolt like he did in Barrie? Half the team will be gone. Thoughts?

Old
05-10-2012, 01:12 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
If the Ice Dogs don't come back and win, think Williamson will stick around next year? Just had a quick look at the playoff roster with ten 92's, three OA's and Hamilton & Strome unlikely to return, does he bolt like he did in Barrie? Half the team will be gone. Thoughts?
I would imagine first order of business would be to fetch something by shopping some of the 92's. Regardless, this team is going to go through a youth movement for sure but if you can get preferably some 94's or even 95's back for some of those 92's then the rebuild won't be so long and those players are young enough to stick around for a few years.

Old
05-11-2012, 02:47 AM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Quote:
Dogs can't buy a win. Heavily out shoot the Knights 37-21 and lose 4-1. Down 3-0 and get a goal to get things going and the Knights answer in 56 seconds to silence the momentum again. It's not the prettiest hockey to watch, but unbelievably successful. Not sure Williamson has an answer for Hunter.

I thought they deserved better in game 2 and tonight, but these young Knights have more composure than they should have and they know how to slow the game down.

I can't see the Knights losing 3 in a row, but I wouldn't have guessed Niagara could lose 3 in a row either and now they have to win game 5 or its four straight.
Yeah I'm admitting defeat. It's going to be real tough winning game 5. If we do we might have a shot to win at home but we're losing game 7. I can't see London folding like a cheap tent....then again I could never see us doing it either but we are. We've only lost 3 games in a row prior to this in early October when we didn't have all our players back yet. So losing 3 in a row now is a tough pill to swallow. Williamson is getting out coached no doubt, there's lots of players not giving it a full out effort IMO and when they do start playing better Houser has been stellar in net. We need to start banging, winning battles, winning faceoffs, defense needs to start playing like they can and give Visentin a break once in a while. Our top forwards have to get their heads out of their ***** and stop being fancy and start crashing the net, shooting, create turnovers. Hustle! Hope for the best Friday!

Old
05-11-2012, 03:02 AM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I would imagine first order of business would be to fetch something by shopping some of the 92's. Regardless, this team is going to go through a youth movement for sure but if you can get preferably some 94's or even 95's back for some of those 92's then the rebuild won't be so long and those players are young enough to stick around for a few years.

The only '92's that will for sure(IMO) not be back is Freddie Hamilton and Visentin. The others like Oleksiak, Rover, Beukeboom, KuhnHackl, Shipley and Doan are also overage so only 3 could come back. Oleksiak, Kuhnhackl and Shipley would fetch something decent. Strome and Dougie Hamilton are 93's but I can't see them coming back, especially Strome. I say we have Ritchie, Theoret, Wigle, Verhaeghe, Graham and Mercer and a few of the 92's. It's going to be a rebuilding process next year, hard core.

Old
05-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
The only '92's that will for sure(IMO) not be back is Freddie Hamilton and Visentin. The others like Oleksiak, Rover, Beukeboom, KuhnHackl, Shipley and Doan are also overage so only 3 could come back. Oleksiak, Kuhnhackl and Shipley would fetch something decent. Strome and Dougie Hamilton are 93's but I can't see them coming back, especially Strome. I say we have Ritchie, Theoret, Wigle, Verhaeghe, Graham and Mercer and a few of the 92's. It's going to be a rebuilding process next year, hard core.
Oleksiak and Kuhnackl won't be back.

Oleksiak is a first round pick with an NHL contract. A first round pick with an NHL contract has never come back for an OA year.

With Kuhnackl, he almost made Pittsburgh last year. They need depth in the AHL. There is a reason why the Spitfires trade him, they know hes gone after this year.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:25 AM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Oleksiak and Kuhnackl won't be back.

Oleksiak is a first round pick with an NHL contract. A first round pick with an NHL contract has never come back for an OA year.

With Kuhnackl, he almost made Pittsburgh last year. They need depth in the AHL. There is a reason why the Spitfires trade him, they know hes gone after this year.
Wasn't sure if Oleksiak and Kuhnhackl were signed by Dallas and Pittsburgh but I should've realized that before I said their names.

Old
05-11-2012, 02:03 PM
May Day 10

Tough one tonight. Hardest game of the series to win. London will be motivated to close it out at home. The series has been shifting more and more to London's favor each game. Houser is in the zone. Confidence, poise, and discipline are on the side of the Knights.

If they can steal it though, it breathes life into the series. I would love to go to another game Sunday. How exciting, especially in contrast to the sick feeling on Wednesday when it was 2-0, 3-0, then 4-1....

Old
05-11-2012, 10:51 PM
LRon7

This is for the Icedog fan who was wearing Visentin sweater at the JLC for game 3 and said to FUC- myself they were going to the Mem Cup and who also threw his beer on fans tonight at the JLC after game 5 you are a loser

LRon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:57 PM
JSavoire

You could see that the Ice Dogs were in trouble in this series after Games 2 and 3. It seemed to suck the life out of them and you have to give London credit for just somehow finding ways to 'break' other teams and find ways to win. Add in the League's best goalie and you have team I'm going to predict to continue as the Juggernaut as they march forward into the Mem Cup!

Old
05-12-2012, 12:01 AM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRon7 View Post
This is for the Icedog fan who was wearing Visentin sweater at the JLC for game 3 and said to FUC- myself they were going to the Mem Cup and who also threw his beer on fans tonight at the JLC after game 5 you are a loser
Wow....I apologize on behalf of all Ice Dogs fans....that's pretty classless. I mean I'd be pissed but I wouldn't resort to any of that, that's low.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:05 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
That douche(no other word to describe him) got planted on his ass at the corner of Rideout and King after the game (game 5)when he tried to play "tough guy" with the wrong crowd. Made an ass of himself before the game,during the game and after the game. Got popped..and deserved it. Epitome of a loser...well done..bet your friends are proud to know you.

I also would like to say that most of the Dogs fans at the games were pretty good...but there were some pretty arrogant SOB's(you get bad apples everywhere). I extended my hand to congratulate some Dog's fans on a good series after the game and was quickly shunned and looked at like I had 3 heads. If you can't lose with grace and pride...stay outa the opposition rink.

end rant

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 05-13-2012 at 10:55 AM.
PhlyerPhanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:20 PM
LRon7

Your right PP, if you can not act with a little bit of class in another team's rink stay home.

LRon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 08:23 PM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

I would've shook your hand but inside I would've been reeling with anger and upset. So I'd just conduct myself respectfully do the right thing and move onward and complain at home. None of the Ice Dogs fans that you were around extended the same courtesy back? Most of us are really good about that.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:05 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Seems there are always a few fans for every team that act like this. I was in Windsor last year in the playoffs for game 5 and there were two guys yelling F off and F you as we left after Erie won in OT. However, most to almost all of the fans in Windsor were great, my point is there are always those select few.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:38 AM
May Day 10

Well, it was a fun playoff run. Im going to miss this team.

Game 2 was the series. They never recovered. It would have been nice if they would have experienced a little more adversity vs. Oshawa, Brampton, or Ottawa. The Generals kind of made it a series, but the end result was never really in question. They got hit in the nose and couldnt recover. Game 4 they looked especially panicked and sloppy, giving up many odd-man-rushes, losing discipline, and blowing a few assignments in the D-Zone. Cant survive like that against a team like London.