HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals | Part XXV

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2012, 12:05 PM
benjiv1

vCash: 500
Personally I'd rather trade our 1st for an RFA Forward, and attempt to fill out our D through free agency.

I'm not saying all of these forwards are available, but it's a pretty good RFA crop this off season:

-Oshie
-Voracek
-Stewart
-Perron
-Fehr
-Versteeg

Old
05-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
We should trade our 1st + an alright prospect for a solid 2/3 defenseman who is under control.

Mark Giordasno would be my target
It'll take more than an "all right prospect" and a mid-1st to acquire Giordano given his age, productivity, and contract ($4M annual cap hit). Giordano is also a big part of the Flames short- and long-term plans, so it would require an overpayment to acquire him.

Old
05-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
Personally I'd rather trade our 1st for an RFA Forward, and attempt to fill out our D through free agency.

I'm not saying all of these forwards are available, but it's a pretty good RFA crop this off season:

-Oshie
-Voracek
-Stewart
-Perron
-Fehr
-Versteeg
2 of these things are not like the others

Old
05-13-2012, 02:03 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:

-Oshie
-Voracek
-Stewart
-Perron
-Fehr
-Versteeg
Oshie would be the best player to get from all those listed. He's like Dustin Brown. Underrated, heart, skill and GRIT. I think he would absolutely thrive in Ottawa. Voracek would be pure nasty on a line with Zibanejad. Speed and grit. GTFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
2 of these things are not like the others
Lmaooooo, I see what you did there.

Old
05-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Jimmy View Post
Toronto and Ottawa have made 3 trades in modern day Senators history:

July 20/92: Sens acquire D Brad Marsh from Toronto for future considerations.

Feb 25/93: Sens acquire a 1993 9th round pick (used to pick Pavol Demitra!!) from Toronto for D Brad Miller.

Mar 17/98: Sens acquire D Per Gustafsson from Toronto for a 1998 8th round draft choice (D Dwight Wolfe).

To support the post above - the Sens and Leafs have NOT made a trade since the Leafs and Senators became Northeast division rivals in the 1998-99 season, so the odds are surely against it happening. That being said - division rivals Toronto and Boston seem to make deals every other week...and we all saw the famous Murray-Burke clip where Murray tried to move up in the 2009 NHL draft.
Yep. And there was the 3 way in 96 that brought Redden and Rhodes here, with Berard going to the NYI & Beaupre to the Leafs.

Other than picking up each others garbage on waivers (Ottawa getting Brendan Bell & the Leafs claiming Gerber), these teams do not deal with each other.

Same with the Habs. Last trade between the two teams was in 2001 - Mtl getting Dackell for a 7th.

Old
05-13-2012, 04:12 PM
The King of Town

Brendan Bell was a UFA signing (from the Coyotes), not a waiver pick-up.

Old
05-13-2012, 06:50 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

-Oshie
-Voracek
-Stewart
-Perron
-Fehr
-Versteeg
Oshie, Voracek and versteeg wont be aivalable. Perron probably too. you have better players than Fehr and Stewart.

Old
05-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

vCash: 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
We should trade our 1st + an alright prospect for a solid 2/3 defenseman who is under control.

Mark Giordasno would be my target
They fired Sutter, remember?

I like him and all, but why would Calgary trade him? He's their best defenceman. I'd hazard a guess that they'd move out Kipper and Iginla before Gio.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Oshie would be the best player to get from all those listed. He's like Dustin Brown. Underrated, heart, skill and GRIT. I think he would absolutely thrive in Ottawa. Voracek would be pure nasty on a line with Zibanejad. Speed and grit. GTFO.
I've liked Oshie since he smashed Chara. Dude is gonna be a nasty powerforward in a year or two, really underrated

Old
05-13-2012, 08:07 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
I've liked Oshie since he smashed Chara. Dude is gonna be a nasty powerforward in a year or two, really underrated
I wouldn't call him a power forward but he does have that nasty streak. He's always reminded me of Kovalev when he was "on". Same high end skill level but can play with an ugly edge when he's motivated. Probably a little less skilled and more nasty but still similar players imo. They play too much on the perimeter to be labeled power forwards.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:13 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I wouldn't call him a power forward but he does have that nasty streak. He's always reminded me of Kovalev when he was "on". Same high end skill level but can play with an ugly edge when he's motivated. Probably a little less skilled and more nasty but still similar players imo. They play too much on the perimeter to be labeled power forwards.
dude no offense but that's a terrible comparison. In every way, they are nothing alike.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:23 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
dude no offense but that's a terrible comparison. In every way, they are nothing alike.
Oh right, I forgot I'm only allowed to compare players of the same nationality otherwise they suck.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:30 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Oh right, I forgot I'm only allowed to compare players of the same nationality otherwise they suck.
What?

Oshie is a hard nosed two-way guy who plays any forward position. Very gritty, good hitter despite being smallish. Heart and soul type player.

Does that sound like Kovalev at all? You have seen him play haven't you? Not to mention Kovalev is more talented offensively.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
What?

Oshie is a hard nosed two-way guy who plays any forward position. Very gritty, good hitter despite being smallish. Heart and soul type player.

Does that sound like Kovalev at all? You have seen him play haven't you? Not to mention Kovalev is more talented offensively.
He's talking about in the ozone. Slick hands, slippery and dangerous off the boards.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:54 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
He's talking about in the ozone. Slick hands, slippery and dangerous off the boards.
Still a very far-fetched comparison. I could say Forsberg-lite is a better comparison for Oshie if we were talking about those attributes.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:40 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Yea that's not a very good comparison. I would say a less consistent Dustin Brown

Old
05-13-2012, 09:43 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Yea that's not a very good comparison. I would say a less consistent Dustin Brown
Way better mits than Brown imo. He's more of a skill first guy. I agree that he's got some grit but nothing comparable to Dustin Brown. Unless everyone is actually talking about David Backes?

And he's more comparable to an Alfredsson than a Forsberg.

Old
05-13-2012, 10:54 PM
HSF

Quote:
if he is a little less skilled and more nasty then how the heck is he like Kovalev.

and ya he isnt like Kovalev. If anyone is like Kovalev on that team it is someone like Perron

Old
05-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Buckleys

I think he's kind of like Oshie to be honest

See what I did there?

Old
05-14-2012, 12:00 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
if he is a little less skilled and more nasty then how the heck is he like Kovalev.

and ya he isnt like Kovalev. If anyone is like Kovalev on that team it is someone like Perron
Its more the way they play the half wall and take on defenders in one on one situations. Definitely two of the better qualities for both guys.

Old
05-14-2012, 02:00 AM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Way better mits than Brown imo. He's more of a skill first guy. I agree that he's got some grit but nothing comparable to Dustin Brown.
I agree partially. Thats kinda what I was trying to convey in my less consistent comment. They both had 54 points this year, but Oshie is 2 or 3 years younger (not sure) and is more inconsistent in his play, even though he had the same amount of points.

At the same age, I think Oshie could score 70 points and almost brig the same physicality Brown does. I think they are similar but Oshie definentely has more potential. (take what I say with a grain of salt because Oshie is the only Washingtonian I've heard of being in the NHL)

Old
05-14-2012, 02:08 AM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
What about James Wisniewski from CLB? We would need a defensive d-man to Jack Johnson. Is interest and if yes what you would offer (serriously, not jokes)?
Thats what we need as well, only Cowen fills that role right now. Wisniewski's cap is bad as well. Trade Nash, get some assets, make Johnson Captain, and build from there

Old
05-14-2012, 03:16 AM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Kovalev could have easily been one of the best players to play the game.. he had THAT MUCH SKILL. In fact its been argued that he may have been one of the most skilled players to ever play the game. I just don't see the comparison at all, he has nowhere near the skill that Kovalev had. Kovalev toyed with players, fans and coaches with his jekyll and hyde antics, but there was no mistaking that he was ELITE when he wanted to be.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Asharx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
I think he's kind of like Oshie to be honest

See what I did there?
Come on, what skills does Oshie have that Oshie has, I think that comparison is a bit far fetched...

Old
05-14-2012, 03:10 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
A less consistent Dustin Brown? First four full seasons for both players:

TJ: 175 pts/262 games - 0.67 PPG
DB: 187 pts/318 games - 0.59 PPG

What exactly is less consistent about Oshie? Or is Brown's tear in this year's playoffs severly clouding your judgement?

Closed Thread