HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF: Rangers Vs Devils

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2012, 10:24 PM
  #251
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
When Staal is at his best, it's tough to be better. I think with a full camp and preseason, he'll be better next year than he is now. But his stick work is very impressive. He's so good in the corners. And he's got a long and effective reach.

McD is a great skater though, and is super strong. I think he's got more offensive upside as well.

Anyway, can't go wrong with either of them!
agree!

TCRF is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:25 PM
  #252
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyRangers2047 View Post
Shh don't tell turcotte8 but I went back to read the main board but don't forget Lundqvists pads and the 6 goalie method

They complain about that too
How dare you visit that horrible place!

Yes, Lundpads is only good because of that. Rangers employ 6 goalies, they are the luckiest team in the league, and are the most self-conscious team in the league.

Basically a summary of the main boards' view on the Rangers this year.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:33 PM
  #253
Officer Friendly
Moderator
2 Time Nicest Poster
 
Officer Friendly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,706
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
How dare you visit that horrible place!

Yes, Lundpads is only good because of that. Rangers employ 6 goalies, they are the luckiest team in the league, and are the most self-conscious team in the league.

Basically a summary of the main boards' view on the Rangers this year.
That was the last time I promise! I need to graduate sometime I can't keep losing IQ points

Officer Friendly is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:35 PM
  #254
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 51,680
vCash: 50
Yeah it's kind of annoying. We never get credit for anything.

Apparently its logical to think that a 1st seeded team benefits more from luck rather than good hockey play.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:38 PM
  #255
Officer Friendly
Moderator
2 Time Nicest Poster
 
Officer Friendly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,706
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Yeah it's kind of annoying. We never get credit for anything.

Apparently its logical to think that a 1st seeded team benefits more from luck rather than good hockey play.
I already told my friends that are devils fans not to talk hockey with me until the series is over cause it always becomes nothing more then an elementary school argument

Officer Friendly is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:39 PM
  #256
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
How dare you visit that horrible place!

Yes, Lundpads is only good because of that. Rangers employ 6 goalies, they are the luckiest team in the league, and are the most self-conscious team in the league.

Basically a summary of the main boards' view on the Rangers this year.
The Lundpads argument is dumb. Those pads still have to be directed in the right spot. If you're going to rip Lundqvist on anything, it's probably his massive chest protector but it's still within the rules.

Tundra is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:46 PM
  #257
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
The Lundpads argument is dumb. Those pads still have to be directed in the right spot. If you're going to rip Lundqvist on anything, it's probably his massive chest protector but it's still within the rules.
So you're gonna blame him for being 110% protected...

TCRF is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:49 PM
  #258
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Hey guys, come on now, we all know Lundpads is a stupid argument. It's really LundChestprotector

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:51 PM
  #259
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Hey guys, come on now, we all know Lundpads is a stupid argument. It's really LundChestprotector
It's similar to what Giguere had, protruding up his shoulders for more height, when down in the butterfly.

Tundra is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:56 PM
  #260
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
It's similar to what Giguere had, protruding up his shoulders for more height, when down in the butterfly.
And I suppose his mask is too big because he deflects shots off it right?

TCRF is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:56 PM
  #261
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
The Lundpads argument is dumb. Those pads still have to be directed in the right spot. If you're going to rip Lundqvist on anything, it's probably his massive chest protector but it's still within the rules.
If Marty wants one just like it, no one's gonna stop him. If Marty wants to wear 90's goalie equipment, no one's going to stop him either.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 10:58 PM
  #262
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Rangers use a six goalie system


Clowes Line is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:01 PM
  #263
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476


Scaring shots away, 1 death stare at a time

TCRF is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:03 PM
  #264
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 51,680
vCash: 50
Danny G scoffs at your petty shots.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:06 PM
  #265
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
If Marty wants one just like it, no one's gonna stop him. If Marty wants to wear 90's goalie equipment, no one's going to stop him either.
But look at his chest protector. It looks like he's going to Tikrit to disable roadside IEDs.



With that said, he isn't committing any rules violations. Just gaining a small tactical advantage which I can't exactly fault him for, but it does look funny with that absurd chest protector he's wearing.

Despite this minor qualm, he still needs to read the play, identify the shooter and locate the puck at high speeds. Lundqvist would obviously be world class with regular sized chest protectors but those are abit overboard, at least from my perspective.

Tundra is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:08 PM
  #266
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,101
vCash: 500
Everyone for the Rangers during the celebration on Saturday night went out to a bar.

Shots were lined up and every team member was going to take one, but Girardi sprawled across the bar table.

When asked what he was doing, he replied, "I'm blocking shots".

Jabroni is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:10 PM
  #267
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
But look at his chest protector. It looks like he's going to Tikrit to disable roadside IEDs.



With that said, he isn't committing any rules violations. Just gaining a small tactical advantage which I can't exactly fault him for, but it does look funny with that absurd chest protector he's wearing.

Despite this minor qualm, he still needs to read the play, identify the shooter and locate the puck. Lundqvist would obviously be world class with regular sized chest protectors but those are abit overboard, at least from my perspective.
So now you're insinuating he ins't world class now? sigh

TCRF is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:12 PM
  #268
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 51,680
vCash: 50
Heh heh. He looks like the juggernauts from Modern Warfare.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:12 PM
  #269
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
But look at his chest protector. It looks like he's going to Tikrit to disable roadside IEDs.



With that said, he isn't committing any rules violations. Just gaining a small tactical advantage which I can't exactly fault him for, but it does look funny with that absurd chest protector he's wearing.

Despite this minor qualm, he still needs to read the play, identify the shooter and locate the puck. Lundqvist would obviously be world class with regular sized chest protectors but those are abit overboard, at least from my perspective.
I still don't see what your argument is. He's giving himself a bit of an advantage, but it's still legal. So technically, EVERY goalie in the league could wear the same one. If it were illegal, he obviously wouldn't be wearing it. I just don't see an argument here. Unless you want the NHL to limit the size of chest protectors, but we're only talking about Lundqvist here, So that's for another time.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:13 PM
  #270
Officer Friendly
Moderator
2 Time Nicest Poster
 
Officer Friendly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,706
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post


Scaring shots away, 1 death stare at a time
Darn I thought it was the hip thrust that was scaring the shots away hahahah

Officer Friendly is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:16 PM
  #271
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I still don't see what your argument is. He's giving himself a bit of an advantage, but it's still legal. So technically, EVERY goalie in the league could wear the same one. If it were illegal, he obviously wouldn't be wearing it. I just don't see an argument here. Unless you want the NHL to limit the size of chest protectors, but we're only talking about Lundqvist here, So that's for another time.
I think the league should eventually do something about it. Not just singling Lundqvist out for being ahead of the curve.

Tundra is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:18 PM
  #272
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyRangers2047 View Post
Darn I thought it was the hip thrust that was scaring the shots away hahahah
Nah, stralman has the nasty hip thrust hits. I was at a rangers flyers game december 23 2012 stralman unleashed a seismic pelvic hit. It was spectacular. I met Danny G and Brandon Prust at a signing. He has the death eyes. But Girardi is my favorite defenseman ever, no questions

TCRF is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:21 PM
  #273
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I think the league should eventually do something about it. Not just singling Lundqvist out for being ahead of the curve.
Ok. So then why the problem with his chest protector? And it's not like he's some sort of revolutionary. Jon Quick's shoulders look pretty wide too in his jersey. But he's the Kings goalie, so Devils fans don't care what he does.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:21 PM
  #274
Officer Friendly
Moderator
2 Time Nicest Poster
 
Officer Friendly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,706
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Nah, stralman has the nasty hip thrust hits. I was at a rangers flyers game december 23 2012 stralman unleashed a seismic pelvic hit. It was spectacular. I met Danny G and Brandon Prust at a signing. He has the death eyes. But Girardi is my favorite defenseman ever, no questions
Oh I remember that hip check I wish more D could do the hip check like Keith Ballard and Dan Hamhuis from Vancouver

Girardi is awesome no doubt about it and I like him with McD

Officer Friendly is offline  
Old
05-13-2012, 11:26 PM
  #275
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyRangers2047 View Post
Oh I remember that hip check I wish more D could do the hip check like Keith Ballard and Dan Hamhuis from Vancouver

Girardi is awesome no doubt about it and I like him with McD
He will take someone and toss them over the boards. Or use his laser beam eyes

TCRF is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.