HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCF Gm#1 5/13/12 : KINGS defeat COYOTES 4-2, Lead Series 1-0 ...

Old
05-14-2012, 12:49 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 500
saw this posted on the main forum haha

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

at least now players will shoot at Quick instead of dumping the puck in. Better for the Kings if he is pushing away 100 foot shots than having to play the puck

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:00 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

I feel a lot more comfortable about the series now. I had some concerns about being off for so long. Quick was definitely off. But the rest of the team played well. Not trying to count our chickens before they hatch, but I feel like Phoenix is going to have a real tough time keeping pace with the kings.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:04 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

The craziest part is how similar the opposing coach's comments start to become in each series. Things like "they were better in every area", "we need to find an answer for xxx", etc. It's just shocking to me the way this Kings team is absolutely steamrolling the opposition.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
saw this posted on the main forum haha
That's pretty funny. I've also seen the main board, I love the claim that she was a "Kings' plant."

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:12 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
The craziest part is how similar the opposing coach's comments start to become in each series. Things like "they were better in every area", "we need to find an answer for xxx", etc. It's just shocking to me the way this Kings team is absolutely steamrolling the opposition.
The biggest thing is that the Kings are forcing the pace of the game at all times; they just ram their game down the opposition's throats. There's no playing to the opponent from the Kings regardless of who scored last, man power situation, time left, or score (except when they were up by 4 against the Blues, I suppose). What the other team is doing seems to make no difference to them, they just keep playing their way.

They are playing even better than they did at the end of the season, much more aggressive and forceful. Sutter really has them fired up for every single game and it shows.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:25 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I have a lot of fun reading Sharks fans' comments as well. They don't want to be the only cup-less California team left. Much like I always rooted against them. Plus, Bay Area fans really hate LA.

BTW, I want to start calling the Ducks, "_ucks." I'm just not sure how to say it. Is it supposed to be pronounced "ucks" or the blank replaces a letter (F)?
I'm at the point that I loathe Shark fans more than Sucks fans now... Especially afterr that BS Clowe pulled in a tied game at the end of the third while The Kings were on a power play.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:27 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars h View Post
so far nobody has an answer for kopitar. The canucks couldn't handle him. The blues couldn't. And tonight the coyotes sure couldn't.

He's a lock for the ea13 cover.
kopitar's backhand tonight was flat out filthy!!!

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:31 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

18-3-3 in the Kings last 24 games.

I don't even know how to comprehend that.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:38 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
18-3-3 in the Kings last 24 games.

I don't even know how to comprehend that.
The Kings are playing out of their freaking minds!!!

They seem to have an extra gear all of a sudden that other teams just have not been able to match thus far. I mean I know Sutter told them to do everything faster and quicker, but the forecheck has just been incredible.

Two men in and as soon as a D to D pass is made by the opposition, they are right on top of the guy receiving the puck. The Kings are not only not giving up their own blue line, they are not giving up the red line or the opposition's blue line when they are trying to get out of their own zone. That wasn't supposed to happen any more when the NHL did away with the rule against the 2-line pass.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:39 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
kopitar's backhand tonight was flat out filthy!!!
So was the pass by Brown to set it up.

Old
05-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Wooty

Kopitar is too big, fast, strong, talented, determined, and intelligent for people to stop him. Playing with Brown makes him even stronger. He has evolved into the super elite.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:45 AM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

Just finished the game. Kopi has a filthy release! I keep watchin it in slow-mo. Unreal... Keep rollin them four lines baby!

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:48 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The Kings are playing out of their freaking minds!!!

They seem to have an extra gear all of a sudden that other teams just have not been able to match thus far. I mean I know Sutter told them to do everything faster and quicker, but the forecheck has just been incredible.

Two men in and as soon as a D to D pass is made by the opposition, they are right on top of the guy receiving the puck. The Kings are not only not giving up their own blue line, they are not giving up the red line or the opposition's blue line when they are trying to get out of their own zone. That wasn't supposed to happen any more when the NHL did away with the rule against the 2-line pass.
The backcheck has been huge as well, they just smother opponents with it.

agentfouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:50 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

besides for all the usual suspects, Lewis, King, and Stoll played great. Really liking our 3 and 4 line. Kings are playing unreal, but Smith really had some crazy saves. In this game, Smith outplayed Quick for sure. I hope he can't keep this up because 44 quality shots is not easy to generate every game.

Also, Doan is a player you hate to play against, but would take in a heartbeat. Plays nasty smash mouth hockey. Can't even imagine what our team would do to the opposition if we had Doan. He'd be an incredible mentor for a player like Simmonds.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:50 AM
bbfrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Can someone explain how Kopitars GI call was made only a few minutes after Quick was absolutely trucked in his crease setting up that great chance for the Coyotes?

I just didnt understand how that play was not blown dead. First Quick catches the puck so has it safe in his glove trapped against his chest (no call for faceoff?) he is then trucked by the PHX player who doesnt try to stop, and there is no GI? If the goal was scored, would it have counted or been incidental contact considering the goalie was checked to behind his own net
Im with you here. No one is talking about this. I get that we won and "yay rainbows! Unicorns! Butterflies!"....but come one....that was utter trash. Not even Darren Pang said anything! If that goal goes in after that, we got a whole different game. Maybe. Anyway, some more people need to get pissed about this so we are not alone!

bbfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Slycer

As a Slovene I'm loving all this Kopi love. Go Kings Go!

Seen the game at 2am, gonna watch it again in an hour.

Slycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
besides for all the usual suspects, Lewis, King, and Stoll played great.
Sutter seems to be saying it to anyone who will listen but this team was changed so much for the better when they brought up King and Nolan.

It seems like a long long time ago we had Westgarth, Moreau and Hunter on the bottom lines under TM.

King - Stoll - Lewis is the perfect energy line, they have been amazing for the Kings.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:09 AM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
I loved the worried look on Tippet's face and want to see more of that.
i think after the game he realised this is gonna be much harder than he initially thought.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Sutter seems to be saying it to anyone who will listen but this team was changed so much for the better when they brought up King and Nolan.

It seems like a long long time ago we had Westgarth, Moreau and Hunter on the bottom lines under TM.

King - Stoll - Lewis is the perfect energy line, they have been amazing for the Kings.
It seems like a long time ago The Ducks were still playing hockey.

I have a soft spot for Westgarth. Stop being a meanie and using him in your meanspeak posts

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:13 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
The backcheck has been huge as well, they just smother opponents with it.
Yeah, when the NBC crew talks about gap control I think to myself, "What gap?". That's how good the backcheck has been and how well the defensemen have been standing up.

Old
05-14-2012, 02:14 AM
GummiBaked
Holiday in Cambodia

Let's imagine for a moment, what the score would be if LaBarbera was in goal.

I don't think the coyotes will come up with the answer on how to win this series... I feel that way now, certainly not before the game tonight.

goKingsgo

GummiBaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:14 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

Stoll? Did this man say Stoll?

Agree with you 100% on Nolan and King. Speed and size, and each with a decent set of hands. What's not to like?

Old
05-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Hell Yes!!!! Glad to see everything went well. Saying hi all the way from Corfu, Greece. Cannot wait to get home

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:18 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

The Coyotes will look back and be real sorry they didn't win on a rare occasion like this, with Quick flubbing it a couple of times.

They won't get a similar chance again. They'll have to try to figure out some other way to win because Quick will be totally dialed in for Game 2, I guarantee it.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote