HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Do you want the Flyers to re-sign Jagr?

View Poll Results: Do you want the Flyers to resign Jagr?
No 44 26.04%
Yes, if he gets less than $2 mio. per year 46 27.22%
Yes, if he gets less than $3.3 mio. per year 63 37.28%
Yes, if he gets less than $4.5 mio. per year 2 1.18%
Yes, regardless of what he gets 14 8.28%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-13-2012, 10:54 PM
WolfHound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
....Why?
Voracek has been in the league a couple of years. He has great stickhandling skills however he has not shot. He is decent but for the money I rather have Jagr. CBJ are just horrible at drafting. Filatov never panned out either.

WolfHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 10:56 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfHound View Post
I rather have Jagr than Voracek.
That would be a massive mistake.

orangecrush8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
I rather have Jagr than Voracek.
So if you had to sign one and only one of them you would pick Jagr.....a 40 year old over a 22 year old who showed great things this year?

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:03 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Voracek has been in the league a couple of years. He has great stickhandling skills however he has not shot. He is decent but for the money I rather have Jagr. CBJ are just horrible at drafting. Filatov never panned out either.
I don't care if he has a shot or not...Voracek's speed+size combination is DEADLY when trying to break into the zone on a PP or against a blue line stand from the opposing team.

Also, signing a 40 year old winger who is going to only decline compared to a 22 year old kid who showed progress/promise is just illogical. I can't agree with you sir.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:05 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
At this point I would have to say no. the Flyers need to get the defense fixed and resign Voracek. So for me its thanks for the effort Jagr, but feel free to look for work elsewhere.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:12 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
LOL. He was in an organization that was a ****ing mess. Hes been here for one year and yes I think all of us would of liked more goals, but he was a really solid player for the Flyers overall. He really needs to be resigned.
Jagr has what 1 or 2 years left in the NHL? I like Jagr, but the given the choice between Jagr and Voracek its a pretty easy choice. Voracek.
oh and LMAO@ the Filatov and Voracek comparison.
why dont we just throw that lazy **** Zherdev in there as well.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Fenza
G-Rouxnit

Quote:
Voracek wasn't a bad pick at all. His numbers are more impressive than JVR's so far.

Fenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:30 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
To be honest he was great this year around the younger guys, but he eats up ice time that those young guys need. Sure he would be nice to have at the right price in the right role. But he wants to be a 1st line player and get paid doing it. I'd rather see the Ice Time go to developing and growing our young forward group.

Unless we were to trade some of that forward depth for Defensive depth. Then I could see him returning in a more pronounced role

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:13 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

We should trade jagrs rights for a pick we don't have many in the upcoming draft After the kubina and Grossmann deals, not saying any team would do it, but they should at least try haha

Old
05-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Ryker

What rights? He's a UFA.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

You can trade the rights of any player who's a UFA before the deadline July first for another team to get a head start to sign him, example look what holmgren did with Hartnell and Timonen and what we tried to do with hamhuis and didn't work out

Old
05-14-2012, 04:57 AM
Wounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
On the other, he was a non-factor in games against the Devils.
According to Comcast SportsNet was Jagr injured during the series. He had problems with quadriceps on the left leg.

Wounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:06 AM
bp spec

Maybe, but for less money than the last contract. I won't get upset if we resign him unless we give him too much. But I won't be upset if we don't resign him either.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:29 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Voted yes for less than 2 mil, although I don't think that's realistic. I could live with up to 2.5 mil, maybe something near 3. Lessen his minutes a bit, let him sit out a game or 2 in tough stretches, don't play him when he's hurt and I think he should be fairly fresh and effective come playoff time.

I don't know if Jagr would accept that role, but I think that would be the best for him and the team.

philly_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:43 AM
KaraLupin
카라

If we weren't spending to the cap, sure... Considering we are definitely in need of an upgrade at D, I would prefer leave him aside and put the money into that position.

We have alot of guys who are ready to be in the top 6, we aren't starving for offence.

He was nice this past year for Giroux's growth, and he put up some points (mostly fed to him by Giroux). He's still got a great shot and some 1on1 ability, but his speed and endurance is very questionable. There's just too many other scoring options to justify keeping him.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:26 AM
G Money

Yes if we sit him for the first 50 games
No if we don't

He looked slow and out of gas near the end of the year

G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:59 AM
StandingCow

I posted this in another thread, but Jagr pretty much wants assurance that he will be on the top line and 1st PP unit... that alone kinda wants me to let him go, which is a shame because I think his locker room presence was HUGE for our team, and his on ice production was pretty good as well.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Xegiie

i will follow him pretty much where he ll go, ill cheer for flyers too, i like Hartsy and G, pretty much most of the team, but Jagr is reason i m here, still hoping he resign here again, but i don't think he ll get ice time he wants.

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Madik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I posted this in another thread, but Jagr pretty much wants assurance that he will be on the top line and 1st PP unit... that alone kinda wants me to let him go, which is a shame because I think his locker room presence was HUGE for our team, and his on ice production was pretty good as well.
If this is the case I would say Let him go without one second hesitation.
I mean I am Jagr fan and I would like him to stay with this team for one more year because I think his off ice influence was great and on ice numbers not bad but seriously if someone (even future HoF) wants this type of assurance....I would tell him to go to play back to Czech republic for his own team where he can guarantee this *** by himself. This requests are definetely not the best "lead by example" standards for young players on this team.

Anyway, voted yes if less than 2 mil. AND only if there is no such a clause assuring him 1st line.

Madik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Swiper the Fox

Still have plenty of 'new' players in the roster that could use Jagr's experience to their advantage. if he's a positive in the locker room for player development, then sign him
its well worth it in the long run.

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Honestly, I don't buy that. I suspect he his latest comments are driven out of frustration about how his season ended. When you work as hard as he does, especially muscle pulls/tweaks/etc can be extremely frustrating.

Jagr could still have top 6 time and some PP time from us when healthy. Probably not top ice time with the improvements you should expect from the young guys, but matching him with Schenn, Briere and/or Couturier on the second line with second unit PP time is probably a safe bet.

Yes, he probably wants to feel like he fits in with the team, but I can't imagine he'll be expecting assurances that include top line/top power play guarantees all year. We'll see.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 08:27 AM
TheBeastCZ

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBeastCZ
As was mentioned above... Jagr had a very good regular season especially in the first half. Playoff was considerably worse - it could have been due to injury but I think the season was just too long for him and he seemed really tired and exhausted. Also his presence in the locker room was tremendous especially for the rookies.

I'm fine if we resign him for something like 2.6 but his "requirement" for 1st line assurance is just unacceptable... So Jags, we all know you're a star but put your ego to the side and prove on the ice you can still play the top line. If you dont, just grind in the 2nd or 3rd... Otherwise, thanks for the good work this year in Philly and GL.

TheBeastCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:00 AM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

We aren't going to sign him < 3 mill. Let's be honest, Jagr is a money *****.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:08 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
We aren't going to sign him < 3 mill. Let's be honest, Jagr is a money *****.
are you a pens fan or what? lol.
he wants to play in NHL.
I bet money are pretty much a nonfactor

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:32 AM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
are you a pens fan or what? lol.
he wants to play in NHL.
I bet money are pretty much a nonfactor
If money was such a non factor he would've signed back with the Penguins.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote