HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Switzerland

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2012, 03:59 AM
  #201
QnebO
Registered User
 
QnebO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
The Swiss curse (originally published by some Canadian in the Swiss ranking-topic)

1993: Beats Sweden. loses to Italy & France, gets relegated
2000: Beats Russia, loses to France
2006: Beats Canada & the Czechs, can't beat Germany & Italy
2010: Beats Canada & the Czechs, loses to Germany
2011: Takes Canada to a shootout, loses to Norway


Could it be that when Siwss beat a topteam, then they dont take the easier opponent seriousely and lose to them?

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:55 AM
  #202
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie
 
TheNeutrality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,952
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
The Swiss curse (originally published by some Canadian in the Swiss ranking-topic)

1993: Beats Sweden. loses to Italy & France, gets relegated
2000: Beats Russia, loses to France
2006: Beats Canada & the Czechs, can't beat Germany & Italy
2010: Beats Canada & the Czechs, loses to Germany
2011: Takes Canada to a shootout, loses to Norway


Could it be that when Siwss beat a topteam, then they dont take the easier opponent seriousely and lose to them?
It would explain those "mysterious" breakdowns.

The reaction here in Switzerland is ridiculous. Everybody's blaming the NHL-players in our team for not being able to carry the whole team. Some of them seriously say that we should stop to send our players to NA because it "Endangers our development as a hockey-nation".

Damn, sometimes I hate my fellow countrymen...

TheNeutrality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 07:03 AM
  #203
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
It would explain those "mysterious" breakdowns.

The reaction here in Switzerland is ridiculous. Everybody's blaming the NHL-players in our team for not being able to carry the whole team. Some of them seriously say that we should stop to send our players to NA because it "Endangers our development as a hockey-nation".

Damn, sometimes I hate my fellow countrymen...
it's the same everywhere that casual fans have in some way distorted/unrealistic vision of hockey.

zorz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 07:24 AM
  #204
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
it's the same everywhere that casual fans have in some way distorted/unrealistic vision of hockey.
Yup you wouldn`t believe what kind of stupid **** was said in latvian forums after game Latvia-Norway.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 04:03 PM
  #205
Partagas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
I have three words in my language to tell about my deception:

Fanculo Svizzera ,Fanculo Simpson

It's clear we had bad luck with the lost of three important forward too but Simson destroyed in the last 2 games the good work of the first 4 .

Partagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 04:31 PM
  #206
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!
 
bolt thrower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Basel
Country: Cameroon
Posts: 6,671
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
I have three words in my language to tell about my deception:

Fanculo Svizzera ,Fanculo Simpson

It's clear we had bad luck with the lost of three important forward too but Simson destroyed in the last 2 games the good work of the first 4 .
Un grande fanculo anche ai tifosi svizzeri, che banda di montanari sfigati

Simpson is a loser.

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 04:37 PM
  #207
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Can´t help it but feel like Switzerland just doesn´t have the material to play offense first hockey (and win)...

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 04:51 PM
  #208
Partagas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Can´t help it but feel like Switzerland just doesn´t have the material to play offense first hockey (and win)...
We had it but one was in the team but never played(Sprunger), the other two (Moser and Rubin) very important power forward for each line (very big first 2 games) we lost because injury.

Partagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 05:35 PM
  #209
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Can´t help it but feel like Switzerland just doesn´t have the material to play offense first hockey (and win)...
It works, sometimes, see the first two games of this tournament.
Offensive material got much better in the last two years, but it's still not at the point where Switzerland has a guaranteed place in the QF.

Especially the injury of Moser was very bad luck, but a coach needs to be able to replace him. Biggest fault of Simpson (in my eyes) was to nominate all 8 Defenders for the first game, which resultet in just having 11 forwards vs. Fra and Svk. It's much easier to play with 6 or 7 D than with 11 f. And we saw that today, Wick and Brunner got overplayed. Simpson also didn't have a replacement for Rubin, a good wing for the checker-line. That's why he tried to put Nino there, but Nino was urgently needed (and missed) with Wick/Ambühl.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 10:36 PM
  #210
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
Apologies, don't know if this is the best place to ask, but

Now that WHL playoffs are over, is there any chance Bartschi gets an invite now?

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:44 AM
  #211
swisdan
Registered User
 
swisdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Apologies, don't know if this is the best place to ask, but

Now that WHL playoffs are over, is there any chance Bartschi gets an invite now?
1. For one game, and just 48 hours after his team was defeated... No...

2. Switzerland cannot add one players. The team is completed since a while.

So it's clear now.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:03 AM
  #212
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
It works, sometimes, see the first two games of this tournament.
Offensive material got much better in the last two years, but it's still not at the point where Switzerland has a guaranteed place in the QF.

Especially the injury of Moser was very bad luck, but a coach needs to be able to replace him. Biggest fault of Simpson (in my eyes) was to nominate all 8 Defenders for the first game, which resultet in just having 11 forwards vs. Fra and Svk. It's much easier to play with 6 or 7 D than with 11 f. And we saw that today, Wick and Brunner got overplayed. Simpson also didn't have a replacement for Rubin, a good wing for the checker-line. That's why he tried to put Nino there, but Nino was urgently needed (and missed) with Wick/Ambühl.
But the first two games were against weaker opponents. (I mean Kazakhstan and Belarus have hardly been in top form in this tourney). The players that you missed might all be good players, but they´re just not the top end kind of players that make the difference between the average and above averahe teams in the tourney. When you look back at it, you will probably be telling yourselves that you were just unlucky or something to lose against the better teams (and I´m not speaking about Slovakia, but about Finland or Canada) by just one goal or that you have unuckily lost despite outplaying them in your eyes. But the fact will remain that those teams just have the material that can decide their win even if they are outplayed by the opposition. Switzerland lacks that. And the trouble is also in your own end, you tend to forget the deffense then, which results in your opponent´s counter attacks (and now I´m not speaking just about last night´s game when you just had to give everything in the offensive, but also in the game against Belarus for example).

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:54 AM
  #213
croAVSfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Country: Croatia
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
But the first two games were against weaker opponents. (I mean Kazakhstan and Belarus have hardly been in top form in this tourney). The players that you missed might all be good players, but they´re just not the top end kind of players that make the difference between the average and above averahe teams in the tourney. When you look back at it, you will probably be telling yourselves that you were just unlucky or something to lose against the better teams (and I´m not speaking about Slovakia, but about Finland or Canada) by just one goal or that you have unuckily lost despite outplaying them in your eyes. But the fact will remain that those teams just have the material that can decide their win even if they are outplayed by the opposition. Switzerland lacks that. And the trouble is also in your own end, you tend to forget the deffense then, which results in your opponent´s counter attacks (and now I´m not speaking just about last night´s game when you just had to give everything in the offensive, but also in the game against Belarus for example).
You belong to kitchen...you are schizofrenic girl...go celebrate victory over swiss with your countrymens . Hopefully this one is last of yours at this WC.

croAVSfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:15 AM
  #214
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
But the first two games were against weaker opponents. (I mean Kazakhstan and Belarus have hardly been in top form in this tourney). The players that you missed might all be good players, but they´re just not the top end kind of players that make the difference between the average and above averahe teams in the tourney. When you look back at it, you will probably be telling yourselves that you were just unlucky or something to lose against the better teams (and I´m not speaking about Slovakia, but about Finland or Canada) by just one goal or that you have unuckily lost despite outplaying them in your eyes. But the fact will remain that those teams just have the material that can decide their win even if they are outplayed by the opposition. Switzerland lacks that. And the trouble is also in your own end, you tend to forget the deffense then, which results in your opponent´s counter attacks (and now I´m not speaking just about last night´s game when you just had to give everything in the offensive, but also in the game against Belarus for example).
Switzerland didn't outplay Fin or Can, but was equal and both games could have been the other way round. It's of course fact, that Switzerland doesn't have that Top-End offensive talent but we are not weaker then Norway, Germany, Latvia, etc. Svk is still a little bit ahead but not for long, their offenisve talent gets older and older.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.