HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCF Gm#1 5/13/12 : KINGS defeat COYOTES 4-2, Lead Series 1-0 ...

Old
05-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
It seems like a long time ago The Ducks were still playing hockey.

I have a soft spot for Westgarth. Stop being a meanie and using him in your meanspeak posts

Well the fact remains the teams bottom lines went from a weakness to a strength almost overnight.

Kevin Westgarth seems like a nice guy, as does Trent Hunter. But they aren't NHL caliber players.

TM just had no clue what he was doing, it's becoming more and more clear he was the thing holding the Kings back. I was wrong in saying the pieces weren't there for him, the way this team has played under Sutter they are proving the pieces clearly were there, TM just had no clue how to out them together.

There was a shift tonight where the fourth line had a cycle going for the entire shift against the Vrbata line. That would have never happened with a TM team and his obsession with goons and toughness on the bottom lines. DS actually gets it and it's great to see. The Kings have the best group of forwards 1-12 of any team I have seen since Chicago in 2010. Every line is playing their roles perfectly, there are no liabilities and no passengers on this squad. Everyone from Kopitar and Brown to Fraser and Nolan are contributing in there own way.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:25 AM
theMajor

vCash: 3066
wooohooohoo! what a game!

theMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:48 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I ****ing hate the coyotes. I hate doan with a passion. Please make him break, punish him Brown. Go Kings.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:51 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

One thing. I know people are saying the Coyotes will be better next game, I don't see it. Quick will be better next game, more sharp. We shut them down and dominated. I think they are out-gunned and out-matched. They got lucky to get 2 goals. They are lucky we didnt get 10. I was scared at first, but then i saw kopitar and brown. I kicked back and thought, We got this.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:55 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
King - Stoll - Lewis is the perfect energy line, they have been amazing for the Kings.

Well the fact remains the teams bottom lines went from a weakness to a strength almost overnight.

Kevin Westgarth seems like a nice guy, as does Trent Hunter. But they aren't NHL caliber players.

TM just had no clue what he was doing, it's becoming more and more clear he was the thing holding the Kings back. I was wrong in saying the pieces weren't there for him, the way this team has played under Sutter they are proving the pieces clearly were there, TM just had no clue how to out them together.

There was a shift tonight where the fourth line had a cycle going for the entire shift against the Vrbata line. That would have never happened with a TM team and his obsession with goons and toughness on the bottom lines. DS actually gets it and it's great to see. The Kings have the best group of forwards 1-12 of any team I have seen since Chicago in 2010. Every line is playing their roles perfectly, there are no liabilities and no passengers on this squad. Everyone from Kopitar and Brown to Fraser and Nolan are contributing in there own way.
Today
Stoll has picked it up. Before I was on the hate bandwagon, but he's been playing phenomenal lately.

I do agree with you on TM not being able to get anything from the 3rd and 4th line. I think they would allow a goal, then he would mistrust them, leading them to over think things, making them let in another goal, so on so forth. It's made me think a lot about Teddy Purcell. It's quite possible that Purcell was a victim of TM's coaching style of abiding by the system's rules over learning to play within the system. I could see him thriving with Sutter. Not a big deal now, but that's 2 lost pieces in Lombardi's top 6 (Parse, Purcell). Really could have used them earlier in the year.

At the same time, I think in some ways, the game changed significantly this year. TM liked a heavy weight in the lineup and so did I before (man, I loved when Belanger was in our lineup). Something happened this year where this became a liability and I'm not quite sure what. Burke commented on it as well. TM may have just been too slow on the transition and got caught out of place. It happens.

Last edited by TonySCV: 05-14-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: OT content removed
KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 04:27 AM
SDGolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

Is that really a fair criticism of TM?

SDGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:42 AM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGolfer View Post
Is that really a fair criticism of TM?
You serious? Spot on.

I thank him every day for solidifying our defensive system. But that's all.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:26 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

For all those posts now suddenly making excuses for why the Kings continue to get these wins.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:08 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Alright I'll try again.

I watch the games through Game Center Ice and when I watched tonights game which was labeled to be LA feed it was the tsn feed.

My question is was this right or did they mix it up because the crew certainly did not like the Kings much and it was annoying but I could enjoy the game anyway.

Should I go with the (CNBS?) the other feed?

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:28 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Alright I'll try again.

I watch the games through Game Center Ice and when I watched tonights game which was labeled to be LA feed it was the tsn feed.

My question is was this right or did they mix it up because the crew certainly did not like the Kings much and it was annoying but I could enjoy the game anyway.

They just have it set up that way, they are using TSN or CBC for the national series in Canada and NBC/whoever in the US. It has nothing to do with home or away.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:31 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Alright I'll try again.

It seems that for all these nationally televised playoff games, the feed labeled for the home team will be the American feed (whichever channel it's on NBC, NBCSN, CNBC) and feed lableled for the away team will be the Canadian feed (TSN, CBC, whatever). They just didn't bother to change the labels. I've generally just watched the American feeds, but I guess you can just go with whichever broadcast teams you like better.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:44 AM
topliner967

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
One thing. I know people are saying the Coyotes will be better next game, I don't see it. Quick will be better next game, more sharp. We shut them down and dominated. I think they are out-gunned and out-matched. They got lucky to get 2 goals. They are lucky we didnt get 10. I was scared at first, but then i saw kopitar and brown. I kicked back and thought, We got this.
This is what people said after the first van/blues losses as well. I don't think the Kings will be as dominate, but then again, if they could bury a few more scoring changes, they don't need to be.

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:45 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Everything's fine. As usual.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:48 AM
caz16

vCash: 664
Your team looked great last night - very impressive.

Good luck - I hope the Kings win the Cup!

caz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:46 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Okay then which feed do you recommend? Or is it same same where ever I go. The other series against Blues were a (cbs, nbc??) feed and those guys did not like the Kings and now the tsn crew were a lot anti Kings. Is it the same theme going on the CBS now as before, (blues) phoenix should do this and that? If so then I'm staying with TSN.

One of these guys on tsn really hates everything involving Kings and their players.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:50 AM
null33

The Coyotes are likely to follow the Canucks' game plan for game #2 and the Blues' game plan for game #2, which was the same: get chippy, get some emotion into the game, get the Kings to lose their discipline.

It didn't work for the Canucks or the Blues. The Coyotes' don't look like they have enough size and toughness in their lineup to make it work, either.

The Kings are just lucky Raffi Torres isn't available for the series.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I ****ing hate the coyotes. I hate doan with a passion. Please make him break, punish him Brown. Go Kings.
Probably how the Yotes fans feel about Brown. So that tells me Doan is doing his job.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I haven't seen anyone bring up Shane Doan's gutshot of Mitchell. What a *****. First he comes in and clothes lines him with his stick then after mitchell gets up, Doan swings his fist under a few people while Mitchell isn't even looking. Every series so far I've thought to myself "I don't hate <insert team here>". Then you see a nice gutless display like that. F Shane Doan and the horse he road in on. I hope he withers away in Phoenix and the franchise is shipped to Tijuana. God Bless America!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Okay then which feed do you recommend? Or is it same same where ever I go. The other series against Blues were a (cbs, nbc??) feed and those guys did not like the Kings and now the tsn crew were a lot anti Kings. Is it the same theme going on the CBS now as before, (blues) phoenix should do this and that? If so then I'm staying with TSN.

One of these guys on tsn really hates everything involving Kings and their players.
Dave Strader is doing play by play for NBC and he is the same guy who did the St. Louis series. Dave Strader is the regular season play by play for the Coyotes. Darren Pang is "between the glass" and he is the St. Louis Blues current color commentator and the former Phoenix Coyotes color commentator. Then you have Brian "the Tool" Engblom doing color for the broadcast on NBC. So maybe keep that in mind when choosing or if you watch the NBC feed.

The TSN feed has a bunch of Canadian broadcasters that don't work for teams in the States as far as I'm aware.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:22 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Dave Strader is doing play by play for NBC and he is the same guy who did the St. Louis series. Dave Strader is the regular season play by play for the Coyotes. Darren Pang is "between the glass" and he is the St. Louis Blues current color commentator and the former Phoenix Coyotes color commentator. Then you have Brian "the Tool" Engblom doing color for the broadcast on NBC. So maybe keep that in mind when choosing or if you watch the NBC feed.

The TSN feed has a bunch of Canadian broadcasters that don't work for teams in the States as far as I'm aware.
Thank you. My choice suddenly became easy.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:24 AM
MsWoof

Quote:

Honestly, I don't think anyone hates the Kings. Ferraro is the analyst on TSN and he just tells it like it is. Fans tend to hear a criticism of something and they automatically assume they hate their team. So for me, it's always going to be TSN over anyone because their pbp guys are fantastic and Ferraro, to me, is the best there is. The panel on TSN is top notch, unlike the bozos they have on the American network.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:

waaaaaaaaaat

The TSN coverage of the Kings has been excellent, right from the beginning of the last round against St. Louis. The intermission panel can't say enough good things about the Kings (Duthie, Crawford, McKenzie). Hell, even that dick Craig Button was riding our junk the other night. The play-by-play crew (Cuthbert and Ferraro) are among the best to listen to. They don't have a side, they're just calling the games and enjoying the action. And they're absolutely dialed in to the on-ice action; there have been a lot of complaints about NBC's announcers meandering off-topic during the play.

The CBC coverage against the Canucks was really bad. You wouldn't know who the Canucks were playing half the time.

A Kings' home broadcast it aint, but TSN's quality and balance of presentation are second to none.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Nice Win !!!

05-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Wooty

I have no problem with any specific crew.

The need to create a story line, in this series for now, it is Doan. That's annoying because they are talking about him making plays that are not even him. I am looking at the screen trying to find Doan so I know what play they are talking about and he is sliding in to a stop from somewhere else.

Doan is a great player, the announcers have made it like he can appear in different places at once.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:36 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
I have no problem with any specific crew.

The need to create a story line, in this series for now, it is Doan. That's annoying because they are talking about him making plays that are not even him. I am looking at the screen trying to find Doan so I know what play they are talking about and he is sliding in to a stop from somewhere else.

Doan is a great player, the announcers have made it like he can appear in different places at once.
Your point is a valid one, but quite frankly, what the hell else on Phoenix are they going to talk about? Doan is THE story due to his history with the team. Smith is the other, but they've talked about Smith to death already. The rest of the team is faceless nationally. They play a team-first game. They have no superstars. From a national TV perspective, that makes discussion pickings VERY slim.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote