HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Do you want the Flyers to re-sign Jagr?

View Poll Results: Do you want the Flyers to resign Jagr?
No 44 26.04%
Yes, if he gets less than $2 mio. per year 46 27.22%
Yes, if he gets less than $3.3 mio. per year 63 37.28%
Yes, if he gets less than $4.5 mio. per year 2 1.18%
Yes, regardless of what he gets 14 8.28%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Madik77

vCash: 500
Here we are again with this Jagr = money machine ***:-(. I could say with the same logic that if money was the biggest issue he would have signed in Russia and continue to be one of the KHL "faces".

Madik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:10 AM
FlyersMania2

I would take him for 3 million a year, 1 year. That's it. It's a sentimental vote let's be honest. We all know how much he loves playing with G.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

I feel if you give him another year and especially on the first line, it will hinder all the young guys development, they need ice time that his 41 year old self is taking up and honestly was quite useless after a few games in the pens series

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:29 AM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madik77 View Post
Here we are again with this Jagr = money machine ***:-(. I could say with the same logic that if money was the biggest issue he would have signed in Russia and continue to be one of the KHL "faces".
Would you rather become a "Face" once again in the NHL or in the KHL?

The guy played for the Flyers, Penguins, Capitals and Rangers for ****s sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
I feel if you give him another year and especially on the first line, it will hinder all the young guys development, they need ice time that his 41 year old self is taking up and honestly was quite useless after a few games in the pens series
I agree.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:45 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
Would you rather become a "Face" once again in the NHL or in the KHL?

The guy played for the Flyers, Penguins, Capitals and Rangers for ****s sake.

I agree.
He just likes the game of hockey and the Flyers had a lot of good players for him to play with last season.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Haute Couturier

No. I thought he played well when here, but his money is better used elsewhere and I'd like to see the younger players receive more minutes. I also doubt he will stay healthy and he's likely to experience a further decline next year.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:54 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Ya the only thing that you are assuming is that with Jagr back, Couturier is back on the 4th line, which you dont want going into the sophmore season. You need to get him to show he has some offensive ability. We all know he is a defensive stud and the best on the team inregards to that, but I think Homer needs to see if Couturier is ready to top 9 minutes or not. Here what it would somewhat look like if JVR is still with us and Voracek is resigned.

JVR-Giroux-Hartnell
Schenn-Briere-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Voracek

Thats a solid top 9 honestly.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ya the only thing that you are assuming is that with Jagr back, Couturier is back on the 4th line, which you dont want going into the sophmore season. You need to get him to show he has some offensive ability. We all know he is a defensive stud and the best on the team inregards to that, but I think Homer needs to see if Couturier is ready to top 9 minutes or not. Here what it would somewhat look like if JVR is still with us and Voracek is resigned.

JVR-Giroux-Hartnell
Schenn-Briere-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Voracek

It's a very good top 9 and you have to think Couturier and Schenn will improve and make up for the loss of Jagr. I just feel like Jagr is unnecessary at this point.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:

JVR-Giroux-Hartnell
Schenn-Briere-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Voracek

I believe Voracek will be on the giroux line

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
No. I thought he played well when here, but his money is better used elsewhere and I'd like to see the younger players receive more minutes. I also doubt he will stay healthy and he's likely to experience a further decline next year.
I agree with this exactly. He did a very good job for us, but moving on is best.

Stizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 04:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Hard question to answer in regards to salary, because we don't know what the rules are. If the cap stays up, then I would bring him back at the same price as this year.

I think it will be less about money and more about what his role will be.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 04:25 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Bring back Jags!

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Sadly, no. He was great this year but that cap space needs to be used differently.

Was really a great contributor for us this year, though. Really showed his age at the end.
Agree, and voted No with regrets and a proviso.

If the team stays more or less as is, we won't have cap room to pay him more than $1.5M as a 3rd line winger. He won't want that.

If Homer does something big like moving JVR or Read as part of a deal, then there might be cap room and a winger spot available for Jagr.

I loved what he brought to the team, and what he taught the kids. His enthusiasm for practice was real leadership by example - and priceless.

Unfortunately, with Voracek, Simmonds, Read/Talbot, JVR, Schenn/Briere and Hartnell as wingers for the top 3 lines, that means there is really no room for Jagr - the roster is full already.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
JVR-Schenn-Briere
Read/Talbot-Couturier-Simmonds
Wellwood-Read/Talbot-Rinaldo/Sestito

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:25 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
I appreciate Jagr for everything he brought to the team this year, on and off. However, he isn't a top line player anymore and can't handle top minutes without getting injured. We have better options than him on the first line imo. if he leaves and signs somewhere else though, I wish him nothing but the best and this is coming from someone who couldn't stand him before this year.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Ryker

Quote:
We aren't going to sign him < 3 mill. Let's be honest, Jagr is a money *****.
I think that's unfair, to be honest. He supposedly turned down bigger offers to play in Philly, and even if he was a money *****, you do realize that playing hockey is his job, right?

Ryker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:36 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
I'll take him at around 2mil. I wouldn't want to go to much higher than that since with his groin he's almost a lock to miss 10 games and probably play a few through the injury or returning from it where he's not too effective. But I think he's a positive influence in the locker room, and still effective on the ice though I would monitor his ice time closely to minimize the chance of him getting injured.

whatthef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:53 PM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I think that's unfair, to be honest. He supposedly turned down bigger offers to play in Philly, and even if he was a money *****, you do realize that playing hockey is his job, right?
I don't have a problem with it, he's just looking to make a living I'm just telling it as it is. I don't know why people get so offended by it lol.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Ryker

Well, I'm not offended by it, I just wanted to point out you're NOT telling it like it is, you're telling it like you think it is

Ryker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:34 AM
mirimon

Quote:

JVR-Giroux-Hartnell
Schenn-Briere-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Voracek

That it is. If I were Holmgren I would have a very hard time saying no to Jagr if he made it known that he wanted to return for one more year at the same or a reduced salary, but we're not really in dire need of a top six winger with questionable defense. I'd love it if we could afford both to re-sign Jagr and get Suter in the summer, but even if we don't get Suter it might be more wise to look for a 4th line center such as Gaustad or McClement instead of Jagr with the way we're already set up.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:05 AM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Well, I'm not offended by it, I just wanted to point out you're NOT telling it like it is, you're telling it like you think it is
Come on bro. Everyone knows Jagr is just in it for the $$$$$ He doesn't really care about who he plays for. If he did then he would've signed with the Penguins and finished his career there and not give them the middle finger and sign with their rivals.

Last edited by TyrannoMeszarosRex: 05-15-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old
05-15-2012, 07:25 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
If money was such a non factor he would've signed back with the Penguins.
can you even read?

i ll repeat once more, all he says, he wants to play imporatant role, pens offered him 3rd line, flyers offered him 1st line with G, go figure...

btw flyers werent one offering him most money, but i just feel like talking on pens forum ppl from different world...
don't you think Jagr got enough money at his age? look at contracts he had and then talk again
dont judge other ppl by your own experience and money in your pocket

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I thought I heard that he was looking at other teams with which to sign. Did he sour on the Flyers?

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I thought I heard that he was looking at other teams with which to sign. Did he sour on the Flyers?
all he said was, he doesn't know what will happen and what flyers want, rest is pure speculation by journalists and other ppl, but he said many times he would like to resign with flyers

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:36 AM
jagrgodr

#jagrwatch2, #jagrwatchpart2...

oh dear

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:25 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
No way, not even for league minimum. Use the 3 mill on upgrading team defense. Top 9 is plenty good enough without Jagr and he declined so much at the end he was useless out there.

Reason i say no to league min, there is no room for him in top 9.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote