HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The transformation of NHL coverage

Old
05-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Shoalzie

vCash: 500
Semi-related to the topic...the hot rumor is Michelle Beadle is leaving ESPN for NBC...could be a part of the Olympic coverage on one of the channels. I don't think she'll be there for long or be a part of hockey. Bleacher Report thinks she's on her way to co-hosting Entertainment Tonight or a show of that ilk.

Shoalzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
They can certainly improve on the "analysts" they have, but yeah, I'm very impressed with NBCSN's coverage of hockey.
Yeah, but that's really true of most sports. Alexi Lalas and Taylor Twellman are the best ESPN can do for MLS? How about Chris Mullin for basketball? That guy can barely form a coherent sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffronleaf View Post
You think NBC could ever pluck Thorne & Clement from ESPN?
Clement is semi-retired. I don't think he would leave the Flyers to come back to work for NBCSN, but I guess you never know.

Thorne is the TV guy for the Orioles now. Hockey is a side gig for him. NBC probably won't let go of Emrick, and I don't think he would make the jump unless he was the #1 guy.

I absolutely love the coverage the league is getting, though. The fact that I've been able to watch almost any game whenever I want (the exception being in the Florida/New Jersey series, when those games were put on NHL Network) is just awesome. I really like some of the moves NBCSN has made with hockey and with the network overall. I think they're going to be really good for sports in the US. Gary took a gamble with OLN, and it paid off in a big way this year. The NHL has arrived, ladies.

Now, let's just avoid another lockout and we'll be golden.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote