HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF | Game 1 | 5/14/12 | Devils @ Rangers | 8:00 PM | NBC SPORTS, CBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2012, 11:05 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

vCash: 500
Just read the Devils GDT. I respect this Devils team for what they have done to make it this far in the playoffs, but it seems like the majority of their fans here on HF are quite immature. They never give any credit to anything NYR related. If you go to our Around the League thread, we give credit where credit is do. Not so much over there. It's like talking to a bunch of 10 year olds.

I'm looking forward to a great series. I honestly think it's up for grabs. The Devils have a formidable set of forwards. Their defensemen can be exposed by a hard forecheck, however, and I hope that Torts continues to play that way. Philly tried to finesse them to death, but when you have forwards that are committed to playing a two-way game, you will not win that way. Both goalies can steal a series. Can't wait, DROP THE PUCK!

Old
05-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Rangers2319

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvesNYR View Post
True. Washington sacrificed the body for blocking shots just as much if not more than us. Just look at the leaders on the Devils in terms of shots blocked compared to ours. Hopefully this series can produce some QUALITY scoring chances and maybe a bit of space for Gabby, Richards and our other scoring "threats". More quality chances = more goals for anybody. Who knows, Rangers might score 3-4 a game on average this series and get a serious confidence boost when it comes to putting the puck in the net.
I also dont think marty is what he use to be in playoffs. When he was in his prime you were LUCKYYYYY to score 1 goal

Old
05-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Rangers Fail
Free James Sheppard

Crash the crease. When Marty sees people in front, he begins to flop like a whale. Hopefully, refs won't be buying his fake goalie interference BS.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:11 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Oh relax guys with the Devils GDT it's all in good fun.

I actually found it pretty funny. It's a great rivalry, let's just have fun with it. No need to get all bunched up over something so small as that.

05-14-2012, 11:13 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Gotta start the series off right. Don't want to make Game 2 a "close to" must-win game so early in the series.

Sixty minutes of NYR hockey, let's get Fatso and Kovy off their games tonight...need to be prepared for the Devils because they'll have fresh legs.

Get it done.

LGR

Old
05-14-2012, 11:14 AM
alves

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Oh relax guys with the Devils GDT it's all in good fun. .
This. It actually provided the LULZ when I went in there. That whole potato thing is hilarious. Like the poster above me said it's all in good fun. But let's not do the same thing here just because they're doing it on their board. Let them have their fun, let's focus on the hockey game and the series itself.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Dangleberry

Let's go rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
05-14-2012, 11:20 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Can we have a blowout win? please?

Old
05-14-2012, 11:23 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Seems to me almost every guest caller on WFAN are strongly favoring the Devils in the series. Same with NHL Home Ice on XM.

05-14-2012, 11:23 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Oh relax guys with the Devils GDT it's all in good fun.

I actually found it pretty funny. It's a great rivalry, let's just have fun with it. No need to get all bunched up over something so small as that.
Haha..you would think it's all in good fun, but have ya seen the tizzy they're throwing over Mike Rupp over there cause he's saying there were more of our fans in there building at certain points? Sorry if the truth hurts guys.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:28 AM
alves

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Haha..you would think it's all in good fun, but have ya seen the tizzy they're throwing over Mike Rupp over there cause he's saying there were more of our fans in there building at certain points? Sorry if the truth hurts guys.
I love that. Remember the '08 series? I love a 50/50 split in the Maus. or in Jersey. Won't be the case for games 3-4 though I'd imagine, since the Devils fans have were able to buy tickets before the NYR/WSH series was over. The Devils home games will be rockin' with the majority of fans wearing red, white + black.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:28 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Devils fans thought the streamers and fireworks were over the top for our wins. I hope we ordered even more for this series just for them.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:33 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastbag View Post
Can we bring Avery back this series just to piss off Marty?
Add Kovlachuck too.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:34 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCally View Post
Just read the Devils GDT. I respect this Devils team for what they have done to make it this far in the playoffs, but it seems like the majority of their fans here on HF are quite immature. They never give any credit to anything NYR related.
The table is set for the Ultimate once and for all Pwnage of the all the sour Ranger haters.

8 wins away for the Rangers to win the cup and for Henrik to earn his nickname in the eyes of even his most critical detractors.

1. Beat Brodeur and the Devils... again

2. Win the Cup

3. Win the Vezina

Than the man who would be King will truly hold that title in the eyes of the all. Lovers and haters alike. There will be no dispute... they will all bow in respect.

The King

8 wins away

05-14-2012, 11:39 AM
LordsCup*

Heading to the garden in 5 hours!!

Ah im so ****ing nervous!!

Lets go rangers!!!!

Old
05-14-2012, 11:41 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Seems to me almost every guest caller on WFAN are strongly favoring the Devils in the series. Same with NHL Home Ice on XM.
A lot of cocky Devils fans out there. They had a strong 2nd round and are feeling like their team is unbeatable. They might not realize this is a new series against a team that not only plays defense to the man, but like it or not... has a better goaltender.

Right now the Rangers and the Kings have the lowest GAA in the playoffs. The two teams with the two regular season Vezina candidates... just putting that out there. You know because sometimes defense has been known to win championships.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:45 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I don't know why. The Devils have little to no advantage.

Most of the matchups favor the Rangers.

From a Rangers perspective, only think I would be concerned about is the Devils do have a good 3rd and 4th line.

That's it though.

Too many people are banking on the Rangers being tired out. imo.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
A lot of cocky Devils fans out there. They had a strong 2nd round and are feeling like their team is unbeatable. They might not realize this is a new series against a team that not only plays defense to the man, but like it or not... has a better goaltender.

Right now the Rangers and the Kings have the lowest GAA in the playoffs. The two teams with the two regular season Vezina candidates... just putting that out there. You know because sometimes defense has been known to win championships.
the flyers played foolish hockey. they skated right at the devils into constant turnovers, they never adjusted their style against NJ.

Look no futher than how NJ fared against a defensive, scrappy Florida team... nearly eliminated and took a game 7 OT to win it.
We're alot better than Florida.

Rangers in 6, maybe 5.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

@stevezipay: NYR's Zuccarello, Scott, Woywitka, Eminger all still out on ice with coaches. Expect all to be scratches again..

Old
05-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Some of you are being equally arrogant. This is a 50-50 series. I'm nervous as hell.

the NYR defenders have had problems with teams that pin us in our own zone. We can block shots, but history has shown that if we get very little puck possession we do tend to lose the game.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:48 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Want to get Zuccs back in there soon. Hopefully when he's healthy Torts actually plays him.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:49 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvesNYR View Post
I love that. Remember the '08 series? I love a 50/50 split in the Maus. or in Jersey. Won't be the case for games 3-4 though I'd imagine, since the Devils fans have were able to buy tickets before the NYR/WSH series was over. The Devils home games will be rockin' with the majority of fans wearing red, white + black.
Haha..I don't know if it was 50/50, but it was close. I'd say close to 60/40. There was a regular season game back in December of 2010 that I'd say was 50/50..bout as close as I've ever seen! But yes, most likely they will be able to get mostly Devils fans there for the games in Newark..and good for them. But I won't complain if we get more in there than they think we will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Devils fans thought the streamers and fireworks were over the top for our wins. I hope we ordered even more for this series just for them.
Haha..oh you and me BOTH. I want streamers, I want fireworks. I want Maaaarty chants before the puck drops, and after he gives up a goal. And I want we want the cup chants after each win. The more pissed off they are, the better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Add Kovlachuck too.
Haha..don't even have to play him. Just introduce him to the crowd, and have him look right at Fatso and Kovalsuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
The table is set for the Ultimate once and for all Pwnage of the all the sour Ranger haters.

8 wins away for the Rangers to win the cup and for Henrik to earn his nickname in the eyes of even his most critical detractors.

1. Beat Brodeur and the Devils... again

2. Win the Cup

3. Win the Vezina

Than the man who would be King will truly hold that title in the eyes of the all. Lovers and haters alike. There will be no dispute... they will all bow in respect.

The King

8 wins away
From your lips to the Big Guy's ears!!!

Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 05-14-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old
05-14-2012, 11:50 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Some of you are being equally arrogant. This is a 50-50 series. I'm nervous as hell.

the NYR defenders have had problems with teams that pin us in our own zone. We can block shots, but history has shown that if we get very little puck possession we do tend to lose the game.
Devils are playing great hockey right now no doubt. Key to the series is the forecheck IMO.

05-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Officer Friendly
oh well...

vCash: 2030
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
They bring that up every victory in NY almost guaranteed you'll find something on streamers and fireworks after a victory they need to get over it

Old
05-14-2012, 11:52 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post

Very much agree. This is going to be a long, grueling series. I'll be happy if we win it in 6. I'm expecting 7 though.

Closed Thread