HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comparing the '94 team to this years

Old
05-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
by positioning himself deep in the net, he makes himself damn near impenetrable down low, and his stops on backdoor shots are second ton none. ying and yang. it took mike richter to do the splits to make some of those saves....henrik does em night in and night out just by being deeper in his net.
I didn't say Hank's positioning himself so deep in the net is bad for Hank. It obviously works for him even if it does leave him open to redirection on occasion. He more than makes up for that by giving himself more time to react.

But one of the strengths of Richter's game was in fact his positioning, his ability to cut down angles and also be shockingly quick at getting himself right back into position almost immediately.

Don't forget...they are/were BOTH amazing goaltendes.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:29 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
One difference about our 12 team is the youth ,,,although inexperienced can survive multiple 7 game sereis through3 or 4 series... something an older team like 94 could not...nor anyteam has to date...but this 12 team i think has so much youth they can pull it off..IMHO.
this years team is younger overall sure, but the 94 team wasn't ancient by any means. in fact some of the core players were pretty young.

some of the key guys during the playoffs
Beuke 28
Graves 25
Kovalev 20
Leetch 25
Richter 27
Zubov 23
Messier 33
Larmer 32
Matteau 24
Tikkanen 29
Nemchinov 30

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Jersey Girl

Two guys I would have liked to have seen stay around long enough to win a cup in 1994...Jan Erixon and Mike Gartner.

One guy I would like to see win a cup with the current team...Vinny Prospal.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Two guys I would have liked to have seen stay around long enough to win a cup in 1994...Jan Erixon and Mike Gartner.

One guy I would like to see win a cup with the current team...Vinny Prospal.
Mike Gartner, for sure, is a bit of a black spot on this organization for letting him go. You can thank Mark Messier for that(not one of his best moments). Neither was giving up Tony Amonte or Doug Weight.

As far as Vinny goes, I could care less. The guy was showing his age last season(granted he came back from an injury), and it would probably be even worse at this point.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:52 AM
NikC

Prospal was no ranger. just a journeyman who had one nice season with us.

would have rather seen Jagr stick with us and be with this squad right now, and i'm not even that pro Jagr.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Prospal was no ranger. just a journeyman who had one nice season with us.

would have rather seen Jagr stick with us and be with this squad right now, and i'm not even that pro Jagr.
Dear god no:

A) We are defensive team, and he is the least defensive responsible player we could get. Jagr blocking shots.....ok.

b) He was terribly slow and out of step with the flyers in the playoffs. His age has caught up with him.

Btw, I am very pro Jagr and was really annoyed when the fans booed him this year.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:05 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Dear god no:

A) We are defensive team, and he is the least defensive responsible player we could get. Jagr blocking shots.....ok.

b) He was terribly slow and out of step with the flyers in the playoffs. His age has caught up with him.

Btw, I am very pro Jagr and was really annoyed when the fans booed him this year.
i know, i know, i'm just saying...

he did alot more for the franchise than Vinny Prospal! but agreed he really doesn't fit in at all in this system, with this coach...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote