HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XI

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

vCash: 500
That ****ing "Buy Giants tickets" ad on top is annoying as ****.

Old
05-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Did anybody else say WTF when they showed the mom in New Jersey who put her kid in the tanning bed. It actually scared me a little bit. She looks like Mel Brooks in Spaceballs.

Old
05-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
Did anybody else say WTF when they showed the mom in New Jersey who put her kid in the tanning bed. It actually scared me a little bit. She looks like Mel Brooks in Spaceballs.

lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
05-03-2012, 03:00 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post

Looking at her makes me want to vomit. That is disgusting.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Girl at 1:00 is a Kings fan!

Old
05-03-2012, 07:56 PM
ZJames

my girlfriend and I were in the car earlier and the truck in front of me had a really tiny ducks decal on the back window. Where Im from, its a rarity to see a anything hockey. So I rolled down my window and yelled out "GO KINGS!" but I dont think they heard me, and needless to say it embarrassed my girlfriend. Got the good ole eye roll from her. Lol.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:47 AM
fyrescorp

For those interested, Gregg Allman has come out with a biography (or autobiography, I can't remember) called "My Cross to Bare". Starting it right..........now

Old
05-04-2012, 09:52 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Just read that MCA from the Beastie Boys died. This bummed me out.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:28 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

I just got done watching Face/Off. That movie blew my mind.

Old
05-09-2012, 07:55 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

What is up with that giant poker video ad that literally fills the entire screen? It's incredibly obnoxious and at times it messes with my connection so I have to close my browser and log in to HF all over again.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:26 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
im so drunk that the grout ij my tiles is swaying. i love fridays

Old
05-10-2012, 06:16 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
im so drunk that the grout ij my tiles is swaying. i love fridays
Have you been hanging out with Patrick Kane?

http://deadspin.com/5909246/?utm_cam...ium=socialflow

Old
05-11-2012, 03:19 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Have you been hanging out with Patrick Kane?\n\nhttp://deadspin.com/5909246/?utm_cam...ium=socialflow
unfortunately not. the highlight of my night was having to sit down to pee and when i was trying to pull my pants up and stand at the same time i smashed my head on the door handle knocking me to the floor

Old
05-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

This site always amazes me. For a family friendly site, why do they advertise condoms? I'm offended.

Old
05-14-2012, 01:31 PM
jml87

So I'm trying to figure out what to so and maybe you guys could help? Basically I moved to New Jersey two weeks ago expecting to have a full time job at a framing and art store. In February, I went in for an interview and was told that I would be brought in for training in April. By all intents, I had the job, she never said she was looking elsewhere or that I should keep my options open. I did not sign a contract of any sort however.

So I trained for six hours and then the woman running things told me she would call about my hours after the weekend. She proceeded to call and tell me that another person who worked with her last year had come in and asked for her job back and she happily gave it to her. So no more job for me.

Haha, so keep in mind that I live in a shore town that opens up in May and that people have been looking and grabbing jobs since January. Now there is literally almost nothing available, outside of low paying part time jobs. But unfortunately, I can't do anything about a person being a rude ******* so I'm just kind of stuck.

What the whole point of this is now she's refusing to pay me for the six hours of training. I can understand the first day a little bit, a lot of it was technical stuff and figuring out the computer, etc. However, the second day I was outside selling stuff without any real direction. There was another girl there but she actually left a few times. So yes I was actually selling stuff on my own, so I can't really see how that is training.

So this **** is illegal, right? You can't call someone into work for six hours and then let them go and refuse to pay them by calling it 'training', right? I'm just trying to figure out how to handle this.

Old
05-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
So I'm trying to figure out what to so and maybe you guys could help? Basically I moved to New Jersey two weeks ago expecting to have a full time job at a framing and art store. In February, I went in for an interview and was told that I would be brought in for training in April. By all intents, I had the job, she never said she was looking elsewhere or that I should keep my options open. I did not sign a contract of any sort however.

So I trained for six hours and then the woman running things told me she would call about my hours after the weekend. She proceeded to call and tell me that another person who worked with her last year had come in and asked for her job back and she happily gave it to her. So no more job for me.

Haha, so keep in mind that I live in a shore town that opens up in May and that people have been looking and grabbing jobs since January. Now there is literally almost nothing available, outside of low paying part time jobs. But unfortunately, I can't do anything about a person being a rude ******* so I'm just kind of stuck.

What the whole point of this is now she's refusing to pay me for the six hours of training. I can understand the first day a little bit, a lot of it was technical stuff and figuring out the computer, etc. However, the second day I was outside selling stuff without any real direction. There was another girl there but she actually left a few times. So yes I was actually selling stuff on my own, so I can't really see how that is training.

So this **** is illegal, right? You can't call someone into work for six hours and then let them go and refuse to pay them by calling it 'training', right? I'm just trying to figure out how to handle this.
I'd talk to Zad over at LAKingsNews.com, I think Diehard is in legal but he hasn't been around in a while. Essentially what she did was illegal, though from my past experiences, you typically sign the employment documentation prior to training. If you have nothing that is signed, then you may be in trouble unless you found that other girl that was working with you to be a witness to back your story, but that is a lot of legality for what I expect isn't a great deal of money in six hours of labor, and she would likely be unwilling so that she could save her job.

That is pretty horrible though and she should be shot out of a cannon for doing it to you though. I would seek further legal advice and see what your options are exactly, but first you need to gather any and all evidence you can. If you have voice/text messages, e-mails, any documentation, etc... Unless you have that girl sign a written statement to say that you were brought in and worked 6 hours, I don't see any lawyer taking a second look at your case if it is just left up to "he said, she said" outside of Judge Judy Which would never happen because the business owner would obviously have to agree on it and I doubt any business owner with half a brain would put their businesses dirty laundry on air.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
05-14-2012, 02:33 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I'd talk to Zad over at LAKingsNews.com, I think Diehard is in legal but he hasn't been around in a while. Essentially what she did was illegal, though from my past experiences, you typically sign the employment documentation prior to training. If you have nothing that is signed, then you may be in trouble unless you found that other girl that was working with you to be a witness to back your story, but that is a lot of legality for what I expect isn't a great deal of money in six hours of labor, and she would likely be unwilling so that she could save her job.

That is pretty horrible though and she should be shot out of a cannon for doing it to you though. I would seek further legal advice and see what your options are exactly, but first you need to gather any and all evidence you can. If you have voice/text messages, e-mails, any documentation, etc... Unless you have that girl sign a written statement to say that you were brought in and worked 6 hours, I don't see any lawyer taking a second look at your case if it is just left up to "he said, she said" outside of Judge Judy Which would never happen because the business owner would obviously have to agree on it and I doubt any business owner with half a brain would put their businesses dirty laundry on air.
The girl is her niece so that's not gonna happen, lol. I have a feeling she's done this before though and that's just wrong. My uncle is an employment attorney that works in this type of stuff but I really don't want it to get that serious.

Honestly, I just want it to go away. My family is mega pissed that this happened and they want me to go in and read the riot act to this woman, but I'm just not like that. I hate confrontation, but my father especially will not let this go without me at least getting paid the six hours. I was hoping that she would just say ok and send me a check but nope we have to do this the hard way.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had found another job, but everyone tells me that everyone filled up in January and February. Even if I had applied as late as a month ago to a nice restaurant that just opened up I would've gotten in, but now there is nothing unless people start quitting. Even if she would've told me that it's possible that things would fall through, but she pretty much guaranteed me a job.

I kept asking her about documentation and she kept putting it off, I guess I should've seen the red flag there.

Old
05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
The girl is her niece so that's not gonna happen, lol. I have a feeling she's done this before though and that's just wrong. My uncle is an employment attorney that works in this type of stuff but I really don't want it to get that serious.

Honestly, I just want it to go away. My family is mega pissed that this happened and they want me to go in and read the riot act to this woman, but I'm just not like that. I hate confrontation, but my father especially will not let this go without me at least getting paid the six hours. I was hoping that she would just say ok and send me a check but nope we have to do this the hard way.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had found another job, but everyone tells me that everyone filled up in January and February. Even if I had applied as late as a month ago to a nice restaurant that just opened up I would've gotten in, but now there is nothing unless people start quitting. Even if she would've told me that it's possible that things would fall through, but she pretty much guaranteed me a job.

I kept asking her about documentation and she kept putting it off, I guess I should've seen the red flag there.
I'm so sorry that happened to you and that's illegal for sure. As far as confrontation, sometimes it is necessary and this appears to be one of those times. If you already had another job, you could just laugh it off. But what she did was really low. Just threatening her with legal action may force her to pay you for those six hours. You just have to make the legal threat sound real and maybe your Uncle could help you do that.

Old
05-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
We have the best twitter personnel league-wide.

Old
05-14-2012, 07:44 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
That link didn't work, can you put it on imgur?
Sorry about that. I guess better late than never. I loaded it up to my old Photobucket account...

35" Cottonmouth/Water Moccasin, Dead. Single shot to the head via my Stoeger X20 Suppressor .22 cal Airgun....from 30 yards:

Old
05-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Hey Kings fans,

I'm going to be getting myself a jersey some time this week, but I'm going to have to get a knockoff. So can some of you guys let me know if these look close enough as far as the proportions of the name, number, logo, etc?

http://jersey101.com/en/product_details.asp?proid=6305

http://jersey101.com/en/product_details.asp?proid=11167

Thanks in advance

Old
05-14-2012, 11:35 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
I'm so sorry that happened to you and that's illegal for sure. As far as confrontation, sometimes it is necessary and this appears to be one of those times. If you already had another job, you could just laugh it off. But what she did was really low. Just threatening her with legal action may force her to pay you for those six hours. You just have to make the legal threat sound real and maybe your Uncle could help you do that.
Welp, I sent her one more email that was more detailed in how I felt and I did try to be as nice as possible. However, there was a bit of an underlying threat at the end that I expect to be paid. I really hope that this will be the end of it. I'd hate to get my Uncle involved in this.

I'd just really like it if people stopped being rude. I had to pay for my dog's medical bill just recently after he swallowed a sock and I was ok with it cause I had saved some extra money and figured I would have this job. Now, I'm left with getting a minimum wage job or hoping for a call from someone that there is an opening by the end of the month. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't moved all the way down here. My parents want to help me but I hate depending on them and I finally felt like I was stepping out and being independent for the first time.

Then all this **** happens and now I'm screwed. But people don't think about that, do they? No they just pick up a phone, drop you, and then pretend you never existed. Thank God the Kings are still playing. Their games are the only thing cheering me up right now.

Old
05-21-2012, 08:16 AM
nocturn

Today is gonna suck. I'm going to have to put my 14 year old Calico "Sasha" down. She's been in renal (kidney) failure for 6 months and this weekend, she finally went blind. She cant find her litter box, food and most importantly....her water. Shortly after dehydration sets in, the "pain" starts. I cant have her in pain. It breaks my heart to even think about having her euthanized...I feel like I'm betraying her trust...even if she cant see me, she still hears me.

To make things worse, this cat and my 9 year old daughter have had a special and close relationship. Sasha has slept next to my daughter's crib and later, on my daughters bed since my daughter was born. Its going to DEVASTATE my daughter tonight when she comes home from school and I have to tell her what I've done. I dont want to lie to her and say Sasha just died. But I dont want her to think I'm a monster by telling her I had Sasha put down.

Its going to be a sad day in my house...no matter how I spin it. This is when being a animal lover SUCKS!

Old
05-21-2012, 09:20 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Today is gonna suck. I'm going to have to put my 14 year old Calico "Sasha" down. She's been in renal (kidney) failure for 6 months and this weekend, she finally went blind. She cant find her litter box, food and most importantly....her water. Shortly after dehydration sets in, the "pain" starts. I cant have her in pain. It breaks my heart to even think about having her euthanized...I feel like I'm betraying her trust...even if she cant see me, she still hears me.

To make things worse, this cat and my 9 year old daughter have had a special and close relationship. Sasha has slept next to my daughter's crib and later, on my daughters bed since my daughter was born. Its going to DEVASTATE my daughter tonight when she comes home from school and I have to tell her what I've done. I dont want to lie to her and say Sasha just died. But I dont want her to think I'm a monster by telling her I had Sasha put down.

Its going to be a sad day in my house...no matter how I spin it. This is when being a animal lover SUCKS!
As a fellow animal lover, I know how much it sucks. But at some point you'd be doing her a favor. That's how I thought about it when I had to put my 15 year old dog to sleep. He had a cancerous tumor, he was deaf, and he just wasn't there in the head anymore. I don't know if you've done this thing before but with the right vet it's completely painless and peaceful. With my dog, he just sat down on my mom's lap and the vet gave him a sedative. After he was asleep, that's when they gave him the euthanasia. He didn't even feel a thing and he was no longer in any pain.

Don't think of yourself as a monster. Your cat gave you 14 good years, but at this point do you really want to hold onto her when you know her quality of life is so low? She's gotta be in some kind of pain with the kidney failure and now the scariness of going blind, too. If you don't think your daughter will understand, tell your daughter she went to sleep and didn't wake up, that is not a lie, and that she is at peace now.

It's unfortunate that they don't live longer. I love my dogs and the cats I've had and I hate that they only get to live with you a small chunk of your life. I would recommend getting another pet, if you don't want to be reminded of Sasha maybe get a dog. It really does help the pain to have another animal to take care of.

Old
05-21-2012, 01:07 PM
nocturn

Quote:
As a fellow animal lover, I know how much it sucks. But at some point you'd be doing her a favor. That's how I thought about it when I had to put my 15 year old dog to sleep. He had a cancerous tumor, he was deaf, and he just wasn't there in the head anymore. I don't know if you've done this thing before but with the right vet it's completely painless and peaceful. With my dog, he just sat down on my mom's lap and the vet gave him a sedative. After he was asleep, that's when they gave him the euthanasia. He didn't even feel a thing and he was no longer in any pain.

Don't think of yourself as a monster. Your cat gave you 14 good years, but at this point do you really want to hold onto her when you know her quality of life is so low? She's gotta be in some kind of pain with the kidney failure and now the scariness of going blind, too. If you don't think your daughter will understand, tell your daughter she went to sleep and didn't wake up, that is not a lie, and that she is at peace now.

It's unfortunate that they don't live longer. I love my dogs and the cats I've had and I hate that they only get to live with you a small chunk of your life. I would recommend getting another pet, if you don't want to be reminded of Sasha maybe get a dog. It really does help the pain to have another animal to take care of.
Its done.

Thanks for the kind words.

I have had 1 dog and 2 cats die in the past but its never easy. Its different sorrow with each pet. This cat was my 9 year old's cat. They were best friends. Its going to destroy her when my wife and I sit her down after school and tell her the cat that she's known since she was born....is now gone. THAT is what is devastating to me. As a parent, you never want to see your child in pain. Knowing someone or something you've loved has passed, is one of the most painful things one can endure.

I wont think of myself as a monster. I just dont want my daughter to interpret our decision as being monstrous. She's only 9 and thinks in terms of "black and white" as most 9 year old's do. We did the right thing and I'm comfortable with our decision.

We had her sedated in which she didn't fall asleep but went into a "coma" like state. At that point, my wife lost it and went outside. I followed her to comfort her. 5 min later, our Vet, whom is AWESOME, brought Sasha out to the truck and that was that. I'm currently digging her grave next to her brother Rufas's grave whom died of renal failure almost 2 years ago to the day.

Its going to be a sad scene in my house later today. I feel for my daughter.

Closed Thread