HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Any recommendations for a private MRI clinic?

Old
05-14-2012, 09:44 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
OT: Any recommendations for a private MRI clinic?

Hey guys,

Random questions, but I need to have an MRI done sooner rather than later, and the hospital won't be able to get me in for at least 1-2 months. I have good insurance with work so I'm going to go private...Been trying to find a private MRI clinic in the downtown area but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this and knows a good one. I live in St-Henri and the Westmount Square medical centre is close and does MRIs, but I have never been there so I don't know if they are any good. There is also IRM Sud West which claims to be the best in the city, located on St-Jacques and Decarie. Anyone been there? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:03 AM
29dryden29

When the hospital says they need to put you on the waitlist say that is fine then ask them to put you on the cancelation list. I have done that and never once did I wait more than a week to get it done. It may end up being at 3 AM but it is much sooner than the alternative. Mind you I was also never told 2 months out it was usually a couple weeks. I have had it where I got a cancellation call before I even got to my car in the parking lot from the surgeons office.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:06 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
When the hospital says they need to put you on the waitlist say that is fine then ask them to put you on the cancelation list. I have done that and never once did I wait more than a week to get it done. It may end up being at 3 AM but it is much sooner than the alternative.
Heh...Well, the doctor himself told me to go private. I need to get it done this week hopefully.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:07 AM
llamateizer

I did once a Brain MRI in Longueuil and cost me 625$. I had no insurance at that time.
I had a decent experience.

In the public I would've had to wait 8-12 month. So I went in private.

the name of it is.
RADIOLOGIE MONTEREGIE LONGUEUIL QC

6 month later, The Hospital called me for an appointement. Did the MRI + some other machine (ring spinning around you).

They called me back for a 2nd MRI the day after.

Hope it helps

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:09 AM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Westmo Square is great. Really professional.

Good luck with your stuff.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:25 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Clarke's Radiology/MRI. Went there a few weeks ago for a thyroid ultrasound (doctor said it was urgent and wanted me to get one done ASAP) and they were great. I was able to get an appointment in less than a week.

They're connected to the Jewish General by the way.

http://www.clarkeradiology.com/clarke_mri/index.html

5885 Chemin de la Cote des Neiges
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3S 2T2

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 05-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.
PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Adamcrazy3

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
I did once a Brain MRI in Longueuil and cost me 625$. I had no insurance at that time.
I had a decent experience.

In the public I would've had to wait 8-12 month. So I went in private.

the name of it is.
RADIOLOGIE MONTEREGIE LONGUEUIL QC

6 month later, The Hospital called me for an appointement. Did the MRI + some other machine (ring spinning around you).

They called me back for a 2nd MRI the day after.

Hope it helps
625$?!? I waited 3 weeks for a brain MRI at sacre-coeur

Adamcrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:47 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcrazy3 View Post
625$?!? I waited 3 weeks for a brain MRI at sacre-coeur
thats what I paid in the private

I was upset when I hear 8-12 month for a brain MRI at Hopital Charles Lemoyne. My case wasn't considered urgent

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:34 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

clarke's radiology. it's on cote des neiges right next to the jewish gen.

and for people who have gotten MRI's quickly. it's only because they felt there was something serious enough to look at. "urgent" MRI's can be done day of, next day, or a few weeks from now if it's urgent but not life threatening. so bragging about "i got an MRI in a few weeks!" is just saying "i had a big problem" or you happened to be extrememly lucky/know someone. a 6 month + waiting list is normal unless you are dying. and for people who have some shoulder problem and would never otherwise get scanned, you go the private route and waste 1000$ for them to tell you what it is. but you'll never get operated on anyway lol.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Hey guys,

Random questions, but I need to have an MRI done sooner rather than later, and the hospital won't be able to get me in for at least 1-2 months. I have good insurance with work so I'm going to go private...Been trying to find a private MRI clinic in the downtown area but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this and knows a good one. I live in St-Henri and the Westmount Square medical centre is close and does MRIs, but I have never been there so I don't know if they are any good. There is also IRM Sud West which claims to be the best in the city, located on St-Jacques and Decarie. Anyone been there? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Have you checked on Ebay?

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:46 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Westmo Square is great. Really professional.

Good luck with your stuff.
This. my mother use them and said it was a top notch private clinic.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:04 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

also, one needs an MRI or prefers an MRI? you usually needs prior CTs. lots of things are diagnosable on CT. unless for neurological issues, they want better defined views of something seen on a CT, or soft tissue damage. but typically you do CT's before, and can't just 'choose' MRI cause you don't like contrast and radiation for example, that's when you have no choise but to go priv, but it looks like they said at the hospital that you need one. and unless you have some kinna active intercranial bleed in your brain, which they would have already been able to see, usually, if they say you can wait 2 months, is because it can wait 2 months at no lethal risk to you. maybe physical inconvenience though.

Old
05-14-2012, 02:33 PM
noiro

what about a good orthopedist? I have been unable to run for more than a year now and cannot seem to be able have an appointment with an orthopedist. Compartment syndrome symptoms...can anyone help?

noiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:38 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

dryden are you an MRI tester for a living? why have you had so many scans lol. sounds so routine!

Old
05-14-2012, 02:46 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
dryden are you an MRI tester for a living? why have you had so many scans lol. sounds so routine!
9 knee surguries and now a shoulder repair coming. First knee rebuild at 16 left knee ACL MCL and lateral with meniscal tear repair. 2 years for rehab this was when they first started doing Arthroscopic surgury and Dr Stu Bailey in London performed that. Since then I have had subsequent operations I have gone to the Fowler Kenedy clinic in London who treated Yzerman Hackett Lindros and all of Athletics Canada among other pro athletes.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I basically faxed all the clinics mentioned here and will just go with the one that is able to see me soonest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
and for people who have gotten MRI's quickly. it's only because they felt there was something serious enough to look at. "urgent" MRI's can be done day of, next day, or a few weeks from now if it's urgent but not life threatening. so bragging about "i got an MRI in a few weeks!" is just saying "i had a big problem" or you happened to be extrememly lucky/know someone. a 6 month + waiting list is normal unless you are dying. and for people who have some shoulder problem and would never otherwise get scanned, you go the private route and waste 1000$ for them to tell you what it is. but you'll never get operated on anyway lol.
Yep...The public system isn't perfect for sure. I am lucky enough to have good insurance with work that will cover the cost because otherwise I'd have to wait months for the test through the public system. Years ago they got me in for an MRI within 12 hours as it was considered urgent, but now I guess not anymore. In fact, I was getting MRIs every month for almost 2 years and they always found room for me.

It's been almost 5 years since my last MRI though. The time lapse between symptoms makes me a non-urgent case I guess...Plus the doctor thinks I have a herniated disk in my back (which is not the same problem I had previously) and while painful, a herniated disk isn't really life threatening.

This aspect of the system really frustrates me though...I mean, a pinched nerve isn't usually a huge problem, but I have a co-worker who had a pinched nerve and who was dicked around by the system for 2 years, saying it wasn't urgent, and now he's in a wheelchair.