HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The future of Saint John Sea Dogs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2012, 02:20 AM
  #1
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,837
vCash: 500
The future of Saint John Sea Dogs

How will look this team in 12/13 season?

How many players from this team could be there also for next season? Do they have any chance to win triple crown?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:26 AM
  #2
Bjindaho
Registered User
 
Bjindaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
How will look this team in 12/13 season?

How many players from this team could be there also for next season? Do they have any chance to win triple crown?
No, we have virtually no chance of winning.

Right now, our lineup would be something like:

Tesink - Kelly - 20
Cooper - Anderson - Brown
DOD - Cameron - Morrison
Wicks - Draft Pick - Euro
Draft Pick

Durepos - Gagne
Hade - Kelly
Euro - Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Auger
Fournier/Tingley/Draft Pick

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:54 PM
  #3
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
No, we have virtually no chance of winning.

Right now, our lineup would be something like:

Tesink - Kelly - 20
Cooper - Anderson - Brown
DOD - Cameron - Morrison
Wicks - Draft Pick - Euro
Draft Pick

Durepos - Gagne
Hade - Kelly
Euro - Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Auger
Fournier/Tingley/Draft Pick
Are you talking about Ryan Kelly? I found he struggled in Jr A this year, I dont expect him to ever make the Q, i think he was just picked because of the family connections.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 04:27 PM
  #4
Bjindaho
Registered User
 
Bjindaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Are you talking about Ryan Kelly? I found he struggled in Jr A this year, I dont expect him to ever make the Q, i think he was just picked because of the family connections.
We are that thin on the blueline at the moment.

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:37 PM
  #5
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
We are that thin on the blueline at the moment.
That is true, but now that I think of it.. If he and another guy are close, Turk and Kelly probably will take Ryan just because he's Mike's relative.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:43 PM
  #6
Taoiseach
Moderator
Go Hull Go!
 
Taoiseach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Do they have any chance to win triple crown?
They lost the finals to Moncton two seasons ago. That would have been their chance for three straight titles, I think.

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:03 PM
  #7
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
They lost the finals to Moncton two seasons ago. That would have been their chance for three straight titles, I think.
This is what I was gunna say, they didn't wanna pay a price And rightfully so they didn't.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:26 AM
  #8
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
This is what I was gunna say, they didn't wanna pay a price And rightfully so they didn't.
Nope the asking price was basically Huberdeau & Phillips

My guess when it comes to a line up as of what we will be looking at today ...

Cooper - Euro - Tesink
Anderson - Cameron - Kelly
Brown - Morrison - Dares
Pasher - Rookie - Rookie

Durepos - Gagne
Seed - Euro
Hade - Rookie

Auger
Tingley/Fournier

- I'm guessing Saint John will trade Max Villemaire back to a Quebec based team ...
- They will start the season with 3 overage defensemen if one is not dealt at the draft. At least one will be dealt however either at the draft or prior to the Christmas deadline.
- Euro draft they need to get a forward and Dman ... These will likely be stop gaps given our rebuild phase and draft position
- Some rumours about Saint John being interested in drafted a goaltender not sure i buy it and I'll believe it when I see it we have never drafted a goaltender higher than RD3 in the entry draft (Mayer Euro Draft) and that was St Laurent ... Prior to that never higher than the 5th RD ... not saying they shouldn't but if history is any indication don't expect Saint John to end up with Bouchard or MacDonald.

Let the rebuild begin ... (No chance of a 3-Peat sadly this run has come to an end)

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:00 PM
  #9
nshockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
I would have Colin Campbell on this team before alot of players listed on them rosters...

nshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:52 PM
  #10
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,972
vCash: 500
And who knows wether or not Huberdeau cracks Florida.. Hed be a nice player to have sent back for another season..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:20 PM
  #11
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
Nope the asking price was basically Huberdeau & Phillips

My guess when it comes to a line up as of what we will be looking at today ...

Cooper - Euro - Tesink
Anderson - Cameron - Kelly
Brown - Morrison - Dares
Pasher - Rookie - Rookie

Durepos - Gagne
Seed - Euro
Hade - Rookie

Auger
Tingley/Fournier

- I'm guessing Saint John will trade Max Villemaire back to a Quebec based team ...
- They will start the season with 3 overage defensemen if one is not dealt at the draft. At least one will be dealt however either at the draft or prior to the Christmas deadline.
- Euro draft they need to get a forward and Dman ... These will likely be stop gaps given our rebuild phase and draft position
- Some rumours about Saint John being interested in drafted a goaltender not sure i buy it and I'll believe it when I see it we have never drafted a goaltender higher than RD3 in the entry draft (Mayer Euro Draft) and that was St Laurent ... Prior to that never higher than the 5th RD ... not saying they shouldn't but if history is any indication don't expect Saint John to end up with Bouchard or MacDonald.

Let the rebuild begin ... (No chance of a 3-Peat sadly this run has come to an end)
Everyone knew they were gonna be Q stars.. And they wanted to win again in 2012.. Last year wasn't planned..

I'm glad they stuck by it..

They're gunna draft a too high end euros, my best friend knows their scout Nate white.. He was in europe for a while this year, looking around.

I want MacDonald.. Bouch would be great aswell though.. But just a 4 year guy is fine..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:16 AM
  #12
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nshockey View Post
I would have Colin Campbell on this team before alot of players listed on them rosters...
I would too but I've heard he's going to stay and play Junior A next season

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:18 AM
  #13
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODSY28 View Post
And who knows wether or not Huberdeau cracks Florida.. Hed be a nice player to have sent back for another season..
He would be nice and he would fetch 3-4 quality assets during the trade period

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:23 AM
  #14
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Everyone knew they were gonna be Q stars.. And they wanted to win again in 2012.. Last year wasn't planned..

I'm glad they stuck by it..

They're gunna draft a too high end euros, my best friend knows their scout Nate white.. He was in europe for a while this year, looking around.

I want MacDonald.. Bouch would be great aswell though.. But just a 4 year guy is fine..
Nate White as in Nathan White their PR guy?
.... The Sea Dogs don't have a scout by that name

SEA DOGS SCOUTING STAFF

Christian Vermette - Head Scout

Regional Scouts:
Daniel Demers (Montreal)
André Germain (Montreal)
Sylvain Careau (Quebec)
Stephane Leblanc (New Brunswick)
Sid Veysey (Nova Scotia)
Kris MacPhee (PEI)
Doug Jackman (Newfoundland)
Trevor Hanson (USA)
Mathieu Bougie (Ottawa)

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:44 AM
  #15
Habsrule1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Saint John
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
He would be nice and he would fetch 3-4 quality assets during the trade period
Even thou it would speed up our rebuild, that thought makes me sad.


Last edited by Habsrule1: 05-16-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Habsrule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:33 PM
  #16
xMenace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rothesay, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODSY28 View Post
And who knows wether or not Huberdeau cracks Florida.. Hed be a nice player to have sent back for another season..
He's worked hard on his NHL game. He's now competing in all areas of the ice. I think with Florida's playoff performance this year, they have to feel they need to get him in now. They need scoring, and the window to win only lasts so long.

xMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:48 PM
  #17
Q7scout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
When can the be competitive again.

Here is a question for some debate.

When will the sea dogs be serious contenders for the president's cup again? How long will it take Gallant, Kelly and company to get back on top? Is it possible?

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 02:21 PM
  #18
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
Here is a question for some debate.

When will the sea dogs be serious contenders for the president's cup again? How long will it take Gallant, Kelly and company to get back on top? Is it possible?
In the Dea Dogs case, there were a set of circumstances that IMO will not be duplicated again....

It is not all to the credit of Gallant and Kelly that these were coming altogether at the same time.

There will be at least two years of rebuilding in their case.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:02 PM
  #19
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
Nate White as in Nathan White their PR guy?
.... The Sea Dogs don't have a scout by that name

SEA DOGS SCOUTING STAFF

Christian Vermette - Head Scout

Regional Scouts:
Daniel Demers (Montreal)
André Germain (Montreal)
Sylvain Careau (Quebec)
Stephane Leblanc (New Brunswick)
Sid Veysey (Nova Scotia)
Kris MacPhee (PEI)
Doug Jackman (Newfoundland)
Trevor Hanson (USA)
Mathieu Bougie (Ottawa)
At the time he was a scout..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:20 PM
  #20
Q7scout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
In the Dea Dogs case, there were a set of circumstances that IMO will not be duplicated again....

It is not all to the credit of Gallant and Kelly that these were coming altogether at the same time.

There will be at least two years of rebuilding in their case.
I some what agree with the Gallant & Kelly comment. But do you honestly believe they can be back to this level again in two years ???

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:33 PM
  #21
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
I some what agree with the Gallant & Kelly comment. But do you honestly believe they can be back to this level again in two years ???
NOPE!

I don't think they will be back to this level for the next 5-10 years.....but they will rebuild.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:41 PM
  #22
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
NOPE!

I don't think they will be back to this level for the next 5-10 years.....but they will rebuild.
Anythings possible.. They'll win again soon....

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:12 AM
  #23
Reddaye
Registered User
 
Reddaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Obviously next season is gonna be rough. I'm expecting this to be the last hurrah for a while as far as being serious contenders go.

It'll all come down to scouting and getting the players we need. I have confidence things will come back around. Will we see a team with this level of talent? I have my doubts.

Reddaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:59 AM
  #24
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
3 to 4 years is mandatory.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:17 AM
  #25
xMenace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rothesay, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
NOPE!

I don't think they will be back to this level for the next 5-10 years.....but they will rebuild.
This is a generational team. Arguably they may never get back to this level again.

2012-13 draft [med] standings [low]
2013-14 draft [good] standings [low]
2014-15 draft [good] standings [med]
2016-17 draft [med] standings [good]
???

xMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.