HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCF Gm#1 5/13/12 : KINGS defeat COYOTES 4-2, Lead Series 1-0 ...

Old
05-14-2012, 11:56 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Probably how the Yotes fans feel about Brown. So that tells me Doan is doing his job.
There's a difference, Doan is cheap and classless, brown doesn't do anything after the whistle, while Doan intentionally launched a player into our goalie at the final regular season game (couple of seasons ago). What was with his sucker punches at Mitchell and throwing Richards down. Brown keeps it straight and clean. doan is just a glorified scum bag. He needs to be dismantled by our D and brown

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Doan is cheap and classless ..... Doan is just a glorified scum bag.....

First I've heard.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:27 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
First I've heard.
I really hate him lol

Old
05-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
First I've heard.
I wouldn't say Doan is a cheap player but that sucker punch on Mitchell last night was cheap and gutless. What a *****.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:57 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

He has gotten suspended this season

Old
05-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Why all the hate on Doan? I thought he played a great game. By far the best player on the desert dogs. And the Kings WON!! Desipite so-so play from Quick. The kings hung in there shook off a bad goal and Won. SO excited!

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:18 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Alright I'll try again.

I watch the games through Game Center Ice and when I watched tonights game which was labeled to be LA feed it was the tsn feed.

My question is was this right or did they mix it up because the crew certainly did not like the Kings much and it was annoying but I could enjoy the game anyway.

Should I go with the (CNBS?) the other feed?
TSN is neither for or against the Kings. Just like every other series they broadcast, the announcers are neutral towards both teams. Not sure why you would want to listen to a "pro" Kings broadcast anyway, I like hearing the positive and negative for both teams. That's why Bob and Jim are so good, obviously they talk more about the Kings, but they aren't afraid to call them out when they make a bad play and they won't try to spin every penalty in the Kings favour.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:31 PM
scramble91

Doan might play a little rough here and there but the guy is nowhere near classless from what I've seen.

But it's really hard to believe that brown and kopitar are +10 and +11, each scoring over a ppg pace. With the pp stinking it up I would say these are just dominant numbers. If both of them consistently keep up their intensity, then there would be no question who our core players are. Maybe it's the richards influence mixed in with Sutter lighting the fires... Whatever it is, they are buying into it.

Exciting times in kings hockey

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:31 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Okay to get things straight.

The series against Blues I watched all that was labeled Kings home feed, (which I been told it isn't) and that was NBC. NBC crew was going 80% of the time -the Blues should do this and that. And seldom did they actually give credit to the Kings.

Now I watched my first and only tsn feed of these playoffs and was hearing stuff like Brown embellishing and a lot of other stuff (that I can't recall right now) that really set the tone as they were not in to the Kings at all and it was all about Doan and the Coyotes and you have to understand that I was expecting a HOMEFEED and especially one of the commentators were going against the Kings a lot. (the guy had a higher pitch to his voice and to me it sounded like he was on the left side, well that is how it sounded through my "home theater?")

Secondly watching games in the morning before going to work makes you to skip the commercials and intermissions so I have no idea of what has been said outside the playing time.

So what I heard was a lot of anti Kings talk. Yeah they give the Kings credit when it is obvious to everyone but they were sure talking a lot of pro Phoenix that wasn't deserved and sometimes they even gave credit to guys not even on ice for plays that weren't anything special.

Last this is the feed I will go with.

Don't forget that I'm used to listening to Jim and Bob.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:36 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

And thanks for explaining the home and away feed thing. That really made me puzzled.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:45 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I wouldn't say Doan is a cheap player but that sucker punch on Mitchell last night was cheap and gutless. What a *****.
he also did wwf takedown on richards.

still love him on our team next year though lol.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Harold Snepsts

Quote:
Dave Strader is doing play by play for NBC and he is the same guy who did the St. Louis series. Dave Strader is the regular season play by play for the Coyotes. Darren Pang is "between the glass" and he is the St. Louis Blues current color commentator and the former Phoenix Coyotes color commentator. Then you have Brian "the Tool" Engblom doing color for the broadcast on NBC. So maybe keep that in mind when choosing or if you watch the NBC feed.

The TSN feed has a bunch of Canadian broadcasters that don't work for teams in the States as far as I'm aware.
It was hilarious watching the difference in how Panger and Engblom were talking about the game, then hearing the between periods talk by Milbury and Jones. You'd think they were watching two different games. Milbury and Jones talking about how the Kings have dominated and the Coyotes are lucky to be tied, Pang and Englblom making it sound like Phoenix was having a very solid first game at home.

Harold Snepsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Semi-related but I realized last night that all of the pacific division teams have had a presence nationally from their local broadcasters in the playoffs. Dallas has Daryl Reaugh (sp?), the Sharks guys had their game simulcast on NBC, Brian Hayward for the Ducks and Ahlers has called games for NBC in the past and Dave Strader for Phoenix. I wish they'd find a way to at least include Bob on the intermission or post game analysis. But whatever, I'm not as bitter as other people are about it but I did make that observation last night.

Old
05-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Snepsts View Post
It was hilarious watching the difference in how Panger and Engblom were talking about the game, then hearing the between periods talk by Milbury and Jones. You'd think they were watching two different games. Milbury and Jones talking about how the Kings have dominated and the Coyotes are lucky to be tied, Pang and Englblom making it sound like Phoenix was having a very solid first game at home.
Engblom is a baffoon. He really adds nothing to the broadcast and often sounds like a complete moron. I just remember him going on and on about either Doan or the Coyotes in general and I said while he was talking "and they are losing 3-2 and being outshot 2/1, yeah, real impressive".

Old
05-14-2012, 02:27 PM
lumbergh

Little factoid: Kings have 4 empty net goals in the 10 games of the 2012 playoffs. They have not yet been scored on by a team with a sixth attacker.

lumbergh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
There's a difference, Doan is cheap and classless, brown doesn't do anything after the whistle, while Doan intentionally launched a player into our goalie at the final regular season game (couple of seasons ago). What was with his sucker punches at Mitchell and throwing Richards down. Brown keeps it straight and clean. doan is just a glorified scum bag. He needs to be dismantled by our D and brown
Dude are you ****ing kidding me?

....Come on now don't let this series taint a good player. I guess this is just how it is...people were acting like Backes was classless also...

Doan is just doing his job. End of story. He hits you, he gets after you. But his hits are clean for the most part, and he isn't a ******.

You're acting like he is ****ing Matt Cooke or Torres....

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
Why all the hate on Doan? I thought he played a great game. By far the best player on the desert dogs. And the Kings WON!! Desipite so-so play from Quick. The kings hung in there shook off a bad goal and Won. SO excited!
Cause people are hypocrits.

They laugh at Doughty talking ****, they cheer on Richards/Brown laying out hits and getting in after the whistle scrums, but when it comes to having to deal with an opposing player doing that wooow wooow wooow what a cheap shot ****ing *******!

Same thing in the St. Louis series with Backes

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
Little factoid: Kings have 4 empty net goals in the 10 games of the 2012 playoffs. They have not yet been scored on by a team with a sixth attacker.
when was the last time a team not from Dallas or San Jose scored with 6 attackers vs the Kings?

also fate imo

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:55 PM
SLang

Quote:
Engblom is a baffoon. He really adds nothing to the broadcast and often sounds like a complete moron. I just remember him going on and on about either Doan or the Coyotes in general and I said while he was talking "and they are losing 3-2 and being outshot 2/1, yeah, real impressive".
Funny, I have a feeling I know exactly at which point in the game you are talking about because I said the exact same thing.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:59 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Semi-related but I realized last night that all of the pacific division teams have had a presence nationally from their local broadcasters in the playoffs. Dallas has Daryl Reaugh (sp?), the Sharks guys had their game simulcast on NBC, Brian Hayward for the Ducks and Ahlers has called games for NBC in the past and Dave Strader for Phoenix. I wish they'd find a way to at least include Bob on the intermission or post game analysis. But whatever, I'm not as bitter as other people are about it but I did make that observation last night.
Strader isn't the Phoenix play by play guy anymore. He's #2 at NBC full time.

KingsFan7824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Omni Owl

Strader does a good enough job. There's something about Pang that just annoys the **** out of me. I'd take Pierre over him any day...

And Doan is also playing like a little *****.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I'm confident in the Kings winning the series, but still terrified at the same time.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

The power play needs a shake up. I think Brown should replace Carter on the first unit and maybe Penner should get some pp time.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
The power play needs a shake up. I think Brown should replace Carter on the first unit and maybe Penner should get some pp time.
Been saying this for weeks.

How is Jeff Carter still playing over Brown on the #1 PP. This is the only decision Sutter has made thus far that is a total head scratcher.

Brown and Kopitar play so well together, would love to see what they could do on the PP right now. And Carter just isn't producing at all.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Cause people are hypocrits.

They laugh at Doughty talking ****, they cheer on Richards/Brown laying out hits and getting in after the whistle scrums, but when it comes to having to deal with an opposing player doing that wooow wooow wooow what a cheap shot ****ing *******!

Same thing in the St. Louis series with Backes
I'm sorry if one of the Kings players suckerpunched somebody I would totally understand why people think that player is a *****. Doan suckerpunched Willie Mitchell. That might not be Doan's MO but it was a ***** move. Call a spade a spade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Funny, I have a feeling I know exactly at which point in the game you are talking about because I said the exact same thing.
It reminded me of the Blues series when the Kings were up 4-0 and he made a mindless comment about how the Blues had solved the Kings offense. Yeah dip ****, after they are down 4-0 and the Kings aren't attacking like they were in the first. Does it even matter at that point? Obviously they didn't figure it for the first period of that game and the other 9 periods in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
Strader isn't the Phoenix play by play guy anymore. He's #2 at NBC full time.
My bad.. didn't realize that. At least we don't have to hear Tyson Nash say "full on yard sale, brah" in his surfer voice. That guy could be the most annoying color guy in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Strader does a good enough job. There's something about Pang that just annoys the **** out of me. I'd take Pierre over him any day...

And Doan is also playing like a little *****.
Strader is fine and Panger can be a ****** bag like Pierre Maguire but Engblom is just useless.