HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this season officially a success?

Old
05-14-2012, 02:13 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 500
It has definitely been a huge step toward success. We are one of the youngest teams in the league and I'd say we have some pretty promising prospects.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Blue Seat Spartan

Definitely a success, but better things are to come with this wide-open Conference Final round. The Stanley Cup is 8 LONG wins away, but it's in sight!

ROW! ROW! Let's go Rangers!

Blue Seat Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Parker

At the start of the season I would have said that if the Rangers made it to the ECF they'd be playing with house money at that point and anything further would be icing on the cake.

Now that we're here, and the Rangers are the #1 seed I will be disappointed with anything other than a Cup. I don't expect that it'll take them another 15 years to get back here again but honestly you never know.. hope they can make the most of the opportunity they've got.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Badko

I love my Rangers and it has been especially gratifying watching them play this season and knowing we've got a good young core that holds promise for years to come.

I've been a Ranger fan since 1964 and frankly, at the end of the day, any season without the Stanley Cup is just another season.

Badko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:03 PM
satrabyk

I think it has obviosuly we dont want to get sweeped and i want them to get a shot in the finals, but i have been relatively happy with all the guys on the team and the team in general. Very good year but we can make it a great one if we want.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:06 PM
JCrusher*

I am excited ofr the future but i'd rather get the cup this year first just in case something goes wrong like injuries or stuff likes that in later years

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:06 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badko View Post
I love my Rangers and it has been especially gratifying watching them play this season and knowing we've got a good young core that holds promise for years to come.

I've been a Ranger fan since 1964 and frankly, at the end of the day, any season without the Stanley Cup is just another season.
I disagree with that, it may be that way in terms of other fans and media but if your a fan of this team, i think you can appreciate what they have done and the sacrafice and more importantly the direction they are going. I really think as many GMs will say its about building a winning culture and with the exception of a couple years with bad signings in Drury, Redden, Gomez etc and throwing quality guys a way to soon, since the lockout weve been buidling a more winning culture. If we can be competetive yearly but maybe not win every year but be a tough out id prefer that over a one time cup and than struggle for years after. The winnign culture Is great because young guys coming in feed on this and play that much better as weve seen.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:13 PM
RangersInSeven

Who cares if the season is a success right now? I'm going to sound like Torts right now but just worry about tonight. Think about "the season" in the off-season

RangersInSeven is offline   Reply With Quote