HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Fuelled by Passion

vCash: 500
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...48/1/index.htm

That is btw the most confirmed version of what happened that night before game 2. If that is indeed true the reaction of Nashville management is over-over-over blown and should there be Canadian or American players nothing would happened beside warning and maybe 1 period of dog-house

Old
05-13-2012, 05:29 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...48/1/index.htm

That is btw the most confirmed version of what happened that night before game 2. If that is indeed true the reaction of Nashville management is over-over-over blown and should there be Canadian or American players nothing would happened beside warning and maybe 1 period of dog-house
your remarks are full of racism and your own bigotry..... trotz and poile do not treat players differently based on their ethnicity

Old
05-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Racism? lol
How do you know they wouldn't? I've heart that Poile would not over-react. If you ask for 1 hour late it is total over-reaction
I'm just pointing out on double-standards and don't get me wrong I was the one who was defending on E.Kane after he got involved in bar fight got a concussion and was out for 12 games here in Winnipeg. Or P.Kane who got arrested attacking cab-driver cuz of like 20 cents. Or Byfuglien here in Winnipeg again or Richards&Carter and I could keep going on. So yeah maybe I'm wrong and Poile and Trotz would handle the situation same way with any other player, but media for sure isn't.
From same article
When former Flyers captain Mike Richards and teammate Jeff Carterówho helped the Kings into the Western Conference finals with a sweep of St. Louisówere exiled by Philadelphia last summer amid rumors of excessive partying, their story was never framed as an example of the shortcomings of Canadian players. But Russians (and fellow travelers) are not given the same benefit of individuality.
So if you wanna call me racist for the point I'm making, go ahead and do so. I don't really care, but as a citizen of DEMOCRATIC country I would love if everyone would be treated same way, disregarding his ethnic or wealth status. I know I'm a dreamer but that's the way I'm

Old
05-13-2012, 06:17 PM
NoNecksCurse

if its true they weren't drinking and only having a late dinner.. and got back by midnight, then i look at the situation completely different. still completely stupid of them to be out so late. and they cant be that stupid.

Old
05-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post

I like the idea of franchise center, franchise defenseman, franchise goaltender.... instead of defense, defense, goalie..

_______, weber, rinne

someone like giroux
Good luck getting him....

If I had to guess, we'd have to look at more reasonable targets that could actually be available. Eric Staal, Paul Statsny, Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski, or Krejci.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:37 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
What does the end of the world mean to you? Flaming fires from hell and various people rising to clouds? No, that probably won't happen if Suter doesn't resign.

end of the hockey world is being in the columbus position. Talent here and there, but no hope. That isn't the case with this team. Part of the reason not to go crazy on ufa guys is because we have developed out talent. I would doubt there is a team that has developed their team from within as we have

Old
05-14-2012, 12:22 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
if its true they weren't drinking and only having a late dinner.. and got back by midnight, then i look at the situation completely different. still completely stupid of them to be out so late. and they cant be that stupid.
Stupid, yes. Enough for a 1 game suspension, yes. Enough to not even be on the team next year, absolutely not. We need to keep either AK or Radu, imo.

Old
05-14-2012, 08:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
end of the hockey world is being in the columbus position. Talent here and there, but no hope. That isn't the case with this team. Part of the reason not to go crazy on ufa guys is because we have developed out talent. I would doubt there is a team that has developed their team from within as we have
So, you're saying, if Weber and Suter leave, you think we won't miss a beat?

Sorry, I don't share your optimism.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
So you are going to replace an elite world talent like Suter with a guy who could barely make it in the AHL earlier this year in Blum and not expect setbacks.

Right. Pass me more brandy.

On a different subject. IF Rads and AK only were having dinner and NOT drinking. I am going to be pretty upset they sat game 4. That is lame. More importantly, if we don't bring them back because of that, that is down right stupidity by Trotz and the front office.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:32 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post

On a different subject. IF Rads and AK only were having dinner and NOT drinking. I am going to be pretty upset they sat game 4. That is lame. More importantly, if we don't bring them back because of that, that is down right stupidity by Trotz and the front office.
Damn straight. It will never be admitted publicly, but if we don't bring them back just because of that one incident, then **** Poile or Trotz or whoever made that decision. Our defense is likely to take a step backwards, we need to sign AK for sure. Rads will likely run back to the KHL so you can't blame the front office for that. I see no reason why AK shouldn't be on this team next year, no reason at all.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:38 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
So, you're saying, if Weber and Suter leave, you think we won't miss a beat?

Sorry, I don't share your optimism.
I never said that, you are putting words in my (fingers?)

What I am saying is that if Suter leaves, we aren't screwed. We may not be a 100 point team this coming year, we may be a 90-95 point team. Or we could use the money set aside for Suter and push to trade for a forward, or sign a parise.

If Suter and Weber leave, I still don't think we are screwed as that is 15 million dollars to add talent to the team on top of whatever package we would get for Weber. And with Weber being an RFA, the package would include some pretty damn good talent.

you can't tell me

Josi/weber
Blum or Eckholm/Klein
VET FA/Ellis

isn't solid eough to have a successful season. and my expectatins for the FA vet is low. it could be a gill type. 2 million bucks, 10-12 min a game. With size that can play the pk.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:43 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
So you are going to replace an elite world talent like Suter with a guy who could barely make it in the AHL earlier this year in Blum and not expect setbacks.

Right. Pass me more brandy.

nope. Gonna replace Suter with a bigger version of him in Josi. We have 2 years of growing pains still with Josi too, and I understand that.Now I would be replacing josi either with Eckholm if he can adapt to NA ice or Blum, who as you put it, could barely make it in the AHl, yet beat out Josi for a spot with the NHL club out of camp.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:17 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
I would bet that Trotz and Poile told both of these guys when they arrived at BNA to not screw up and just give them their best for the rest of the season. What do they do? In the middle of a playoff series they break team rules. I did not hear about any of the other guys doing it. Fact is AK and RADS were already on a tight leash. Being on probation is probably the best way to describe it and they screwed up. They both deserved to sit to show the rest of the team that everyone is accountable. The team won so Trotz hand was forced and i do not blame him for sticking with the guys who had been through the wars all year.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I think if Weber and Suter leave, we take a step back for sure. Not the end of the world, but a step back. We're fighting for 8th instead of finishing 4th.

One thing that's bugging me is the "we'll have tons of money!" argument. Please go to the UFA list for this year and tell me if there is anyone there you actually want to spend money on. This is a weak class outside of Suter (gone), Parise (if Suter and Weber leave...no chance), and Doan (he'll resign in Phoenix).

EDIT: here's a list Semin, Parise, and Suter are the big names, and there is no way Poile signs Semin for obvious reasons. Who else do we want? Huselius? maybe. Carle or Kubina or someone for D? Maybe, but itll be expensive. Olli Jokinen? Jarred Stoll? Money is great to have, but its not like there are a bunch of Weber/Suter level playrers just waited to be grabbed, unlike the NFL

The only thing I could see us doing with that money is acquiring someone a la Brain Campbell that is useful but overpaid. I would LOVE an Eric Staal trade with Carolina, though it'd be a steep cost.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 05-14-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old
05-14-2012, 10:41 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I think if Weber and Suter leave, we take a step back for sure. Not the end of the world, but a step back. We're fighting for 8th instead of finishing 4th.

One thing that's bugging me is the "we'll have tons of money!" argument. Please go to the UFA list for this year and tell me if there is anyone there you actually want to spend money on. This is a weak class outside of Suter (gone), Parise (if Suter and Weber leave...no chance), and Doan (he'll resign in Phoenix).

EDIT: here's a list Semin, Parise, and Suter are the big names, and there is no way Poile signs Semin for obvious reasons. Who else do we want? Huselius? maybe. Carle or Kubina or someone for D? Maybe, but itll be expensive. Olli Jokinen? Jarred Stoll? Money is great to have, but its not like there are a bunch of Weber/Suter level playrers just waited to be grabbed, unlike the NFL

The only thing I could see us doing with that money is acquiring someone a la Brain Campbell that is useful but overpaid. I would LOVE an Eric Staal trade with Carolina, though it'd be a steep cost.
Agree with this. I really hope we keep Suter and sign Weber, but If Suter leaves it won't be a total disaster. Weber is a HUGE piece, though and if he's gone, we have a tough road ahead. In no way will they be replaced with anything on the market.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

not to mention, as i've said before, i don't think our budget is the same regardless of circumstance. ownership has said they'll pay to retain our core, but ever since suter started casting doubt on his intent to stay, they've not once said anything about being "close to the cap."

Suter\Weber gone, and I think that the midpoint is the high mark, once more.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:44 AM
VFL615*

Quote:

I think it is going to go down like this. Sometime the first week of June Suter is going to tell Poile that he is going to test the market. Poile is going to go to Weber tell him this and offer him A LOT of money. Weber is going to sign a long tearm large sum contract soon after. Poile is then going to trade Suters rights for a bag of pucks, trade SK for a bag of pucks, and then attempt to sign Rads. If Rads does not sign by the draft day they trade his rights as well for a bag of pucks. In the meantime they resign Gill or Bulls. They rest is up in the air.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:30 AM
token grinder

Quote:

Maybe one way to look at it is would you rather have Suter eating up 7 million, and for the purpose of this exercise , Tootoo at 2 million, OR Carle and trade for a Ryan Malone Type for the same 9 million? Malone would cost us young assets, as Tampa probably wouldnt take salary back. Maybe Ekholm latta/beck and a pick. hell, maybe this is finally the offseason where he uses some of this depth we have built up.

http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculato...er.php?id=3046 I'd roll with something like that

and looking a year ahead, the FA class is loaded for right now with Getlaf and Perry being the crown jewels of it.

Last edited by token grinder: 05-14-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old
05-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
and looking a year ahead, the FA class is loaded for right now with Getlaf and Perry being the crown jewels of it.
I agree, but most of the main people will re-sign. This class looked awesome early on too.

Old
05-14-2012, 12:44 PM
VFL615*

I wonder if the Preds are still hot and heavy after Bobby Ryan like rumored. I would love to get him somehow. Picking up him and a guy like PA Parenteau would be a very nice offseason. It would not address are glaring need for a legit top center though.

Old
05-14-2012, 01:02 PM
theoneandonly

This is some things that wil most likely happen at this point in time. Suter gone, Lindback tries to get starting job somewhere else. Engren gone to Finland or wherever Smith will never be a NHL caliber goalie.

Old
05-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I wonder if the Preds are still hot and heavy after Bobby Ryan like rumored. I would love to get him somehow. Picking up him and a guy like PA Parenteau would be a very nice offseason. It would not address are glaring need for a legit top center though.
It certainly would not. Parenteau is an interesting player but he's extremely streaky, does not play defense, and his point totals have been juiced from playing with JT. Pass.

Old
05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
It certainly would not. Parenteau is an interesting player but he's extremely streaky, does not play defense, and his point totals have been juiced from playing with JT. Pass.
SK is also streaky and his idea of defense is being light on the puck and turning it over. No one on NYI team plays defense so that is an unfair grading on something they do not ask their forwards to do much of. He has over 80 games the past two years with 53 and 67 points respectfully. Its safe to say he is an upgrade over the guy who played RW on line one the majority of the year and playoffs. Sure playing with JT probably helped but atleast he could get him the puck something are guys lack.

Old
05-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
SK is also streaky and his idea of defense is being light on the puck and turning it over. No one on NYI team plays defense so that is an unfair grading on something they do not ask their forwards to do much of. He has over 80 games the past two years with 53 and 67 points respectfully. Its safe to say he is an upgrade over the guy who played RW on line one the majority of the year and playoffs. Sure playing with JT probably helped but atleast he could get him the puck something are guys lack.
So you want two players like this on the roster?

I respectfully disagree when it comes to P.A.

There is one guy I'm really interested in from the Islanders though and that's Frans Nielson. Very underrated, amazing hands, and could do more if he's surrounded by better players. He was recently extended, at 2.75 for the next couple of years, but he doesn't appear to be part of their "core" so he could be had at the right price.

SK - Fisher - Erat
AK - Legwand - Wilson
Spaling - Nielson - Hornqvist
Halischuk - Gaustad - Bourque/Smith

Not shooting for the stars or anything, but a solid depth move.

Old
05-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Did some negotiating with SJ fans today. this is only is suter wants out

To NSH:
Thornton, Clowe

To SJ:
Hornqvist, Wilson, Ellis, Suters rights, 2013 1st

Erat-Thornton-Smith
SK-Fisher-Clowe
Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist