HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2012, 06:55 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
That's a lot of future to give away, I'd pass.
Certainly like big Joe though.

Old
05-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
That's a lot of future to give away, I'd pass.
Certainly like big Joe though.
I know it is, but top centers aren't coming cheap....

Old
05-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Top 6 Spaling

http://insidesmashville.com/2012/05/...than-one-year/

SK wants a mulit-year deal to stay in Smashville

Old
05-14-2012, 08:25 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
http://insidesmashville.com/2012/05/...than-one-year/

SK wants a mulit-year deal to stay in Smashville
he is a RFA .. he would be in nashville whether he likes it or not unless traded or to the KHL.

lack of production in the playoffs really bothers me. thats when we need guys the most. the past playoffs are why I support a new forward corp. fisher, sk, legwand

Old
05-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
he is a RFA .. he would be in nashville whether he likes it or not unless traded or to the KHL.

lack of production in the playoffs really bothers me. thats when we need guys the most. the past playoffs are why I support a new forward corp. fisher, sk, legwand
Im hoping that lack of production = a lack of $$$$

Old
05-14-2012, 08:37 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Im hoping that lack of production = a lack of $$$$
his horrible production in the playoffs definitely will hurt his case. id be ecstatic with sk coming back as a THIRD line winger. not a FIRST line winger.

if he's back I expect a 2 year deal worth around 4.75-5.5 million

Old
05-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
his horrible production in the playoffs definitely will hurt his case. id be ecstatic with sk coming back as a THIRD line winger. not a FIRST line winger.

if he's back I expect a 2 year deal worth around 4.75-5.5 million
With AK and Rads both leaving,we need as many SK type players we can get....

Old
05-14-2012, 08:45 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
With AK and Rads both leaving,we need as many SK type players we can get....
im not so sure radulov is gone. I'm expecting him gone, though.

with suter on the way out, we have plenty of space to add to the forwards.. this is how I would want it ...

radulov/parise - ______ - erat
bourque - legwand - wilson
sk - fisher - smith
halischuk - spaling - hornqvist

weber josi
UFA - klein
gill ellis

if we don't keep radulov, we need an impact forward for the first line like parise. then go out and get a first line center.

that line up has plenty of offense top to bottom while being defensively responsible for trotz to get off to

Old
05-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
im not so sure radulov is gone. I'm expecting him gone, though.

with suter on the way out, we have plenty of space to add to the forwards.. this is how I would want it ...

radulov/parise - ______ - erat
bourque - legwand - wilson
sk - fisher - smith
halischuk - spaling - hornqvist

weber josi
UFA - klein
gill ellis

if we don't keep radulov, we need an impact forward for the first line like parise. then go out and get a first line center.

that line up has plenty of offense top to while being defensively responsible for trotz to get off to
I agree that is the ideal scenario, but the problem is that 1. I think Rads is gone and 2. If Rads, AK, and Suter all leave, Parise isn't coming here. 3. There's no way to get a top line center and keep every asset we have.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:19 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
I agree that is the ideal scenario, but the problem is that 1. I think Rads is gone and 2. If Rads, AK, and Suter all leave, Parise isn't coming here. 3. There's no way to get a top line center and keep every asset we have.
you're right but if rads is gone we could get value back in a trade. I left off gaustad and ak.. both could possibly be re-signed. we will have no problem having bundles of scoring depth. our toughest problem will be figuring out the first line and whether radulov will be here long term. still need a first line center.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:29 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

None of us know what Radulov, Suter, or Weber have in mind ... nevermind what AK, Gaustad, or Gill do. Let the next few weeks play out, assess honestly around the draft. Everything else is just wild guess and speculation.

Or ... from far left field ... Eric Cartman as goalie on an ELC, he'll block every inch of the goal and shut the opposition out 82 games next regular season. We sign a clone of Richard and one of Gretzky ... score 3,000,000 goals .... un-freaking-stopppable.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:48 PM
token grinder

one potential change that could happen is behind the bench. With hunter stepping down in Washington, and the caps doing well playing for a defensive minded hard ass coach, I can see horacheck being a great candidate for that job.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
one potential change that could happen is behind the bench. With hunter stepping down in Washington, and the caps doing well playing for a defensive minded hard ass coach, I can see horacheck being a great candidate for that job.
I can absolutely see that.

On a somewhat related note, I think it's only a matter of time before Paul Fenton finds himself the GM of a team. It could be this off-season.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:01 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
I can absolutely see that.

On a somewhat related note, I think it's only a matter of time before Paul Fenton finds himself the GM of a team. It could be this off-season.
I was hoping we would replace poile with fenton... whenever poile decides to call it quits.

I can deal with losing horachek. I feel lambert is alot better in the assistant role behind trotz. what exactly are horachek's "main" responsibilities again?

Old
05-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I was hoping we would replace poile with fenton... whenever poile decides to call it quits.
I hope Fenton does too, I just doubt someone who is a major part of a group that drafts and develops as well as we do doesn't get hired soon.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:56 PM
token grinder

Quote:

I can deal with losing horachek. I feel lambert is alot better in the assistant role behind trotz. what exactly are horachek's "main" responsibilities again?

IIRC the deal Poile has now was meant for Fenton to take over after a coupe more years of apprenticeship. now that all changes with a phone call and an opportunity, but he is seen as the next gm of this team

Old
05-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Sergei Kostitsyn separated his shoulder at the World Championships today. No word on the degree of separation, but it will end the tournament for him.

https://twitter.com/#!/reporterchris...67153704402944

Old
05-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn separated his shoulder at the World Championships today. No word on the degree of separation, but it will end the tournament for him.

https://twitter.com/#!/reporterchris...67153704402944
Terrible news. Get better Sergei. I truly believe he wants to remain a Pred, and based on his quotes the past couple of days I expect him to be one next year regardless of what happens with his brother.

I would like to see both brothers stay.

Old
05-15-2012, 08:40 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Terrible news. Get better Sergei. I truly believe he wants to remain a Pred, and based on his quotes the past couple of days I expect him to be one next year regardless of what happens with his brother.

I would like to see both brothers stay.
Damn, tough luck for SK. Come on Poile, Sergei wants to remain a Pred. Sign him to a long term deal now!!!

Old
05-15-2012, 09:07 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
So you want two players like this on the roster?

I respectfully disagree when it comes to P.A.

There is one guy I'm really interested in from the Islanders though and that's Frans Nielson. Very underrated, amazing hands, and could do more if he's surrounded by better players. He was recently extended, at 2.75 for the next couple of years, but he doesn't appear to be part of their "core" so he could be had at the right price.

SK - Fisher - Erat
AK - Legwand - Wilson
Spaling - Nielson - Hornqvist
Halischuk - Gaustad - Bourque/Smith

Not shooting for the stars or anything, but a solid depth move.
I sure don't that is why i have mention in several posts that SK time in Nashville should be over. A first line forward should not disappear at the end of the season and many times during the season like he does. We can do a lot better on are own roster. He was terrible again in the playoffs. What is that two years in a row?

You cannot fairly say that PA cannot play defense if he has never played in a system that did. He definatly is not light on the puck and a turnover machine like SK.

Ill say it again if SK, Fisher, and Legwand are the top two centers and 1st line forward it is not going to matter if we get the moon back on defense and goalie. This team is not going to improve. I am looking for improvement not get to the playoffs and score 1 goals in the last two playoff games which result in getting bounced.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:08 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I sure don't that is why i have mention in several posts that SK time in Nashville should be over. A first line forward should not disappear at the end of the season and many times during the season like he does. We can do a lot better on are own roster. He was terrible again in the playoffs. What is that two years in a row?

You cannot fairly say that PA cannot play defense if he has never played in a system that did. He definatly is not light on the puck and a turnover machine like SK.

Ill say it again if SK, Fisher, and Legwand are the top two centers and 1st line forward it is not going to matter if we get the moon back on defense and goalie. This team is not going to improve. I am looking for improvement not get to the playoffs and score 1 goals in the last two playoff games which result in getting bounced.
but it will. you forget all the kids are a year older. a year bigger. a year stronger. hopefully a year smarter. We should see growth from Bourque, Josi, Halischuck, Wilson, Ellis, Blum, Smith, SK, Spaling. On the flip side, we should start to see some regression from Fishers game, and if Gill or Cube stick around. Everyone else should be where they are right now for at least next season production wise.

Old
05-15-2012, 11:55 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
but it will. you forget all the kids are a year older. a year bigger. a year stronger. hopefully a year smarter. We should see growth from Bourque, Josi, Halischuck, Wilson, Ellis, Blum, Smith, SK, Spaling. On the flip side, we should start to see some regression from Fishers game, and if Gill or Cube stick around. Everyone else should be where they are right now for at least next season production wise.
SK is not going to improve and he is going to be way to expensive to have on the 3rd or 4th line were he should be at. I agree are young core is going to be all that you mentioned but Legwand and Fisher are going to be what they are, third line center at best playing top 6 roles. Until this team has a top center it is not going to reach its potential.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
While I understand your point, we said the same thing about Blum and Geoffrion last year...

Old
05-15-2012, 01:59 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
SK is not going to improve and he is going to be way to expensive to have on the 3rd or 4th line were he should be at. I agree are young core is going to be all that you mentioned but Legwand and Fisher are going to be what they are, third line center at best playing top 6 roles. Until this team has a top center it is not going to reach its potential.
Sergei is 25 years old. He isn't done improving. Regardless of what pred fans thnk, Legwand is a serviceable #2 Center. I would be happy with Fisher in the 3rd center role, but that means spending 7 million in a top line center, which aren't available unless you trade for him.

as far as the we needing a top center to reach potential, the Kings top 2 centers outscored the preds by 16 points. That is Kopitar and Richards vs Fisher and Legwand 120 pts vs 104. I'm sorry, but 16 points is not worth the extra 4 million per year, which is what fishers 3.5 and (insert center fantasy here)'s 7.5 million.

no team will be perfect. ever. the past few years was we need a better power play. boom. done. then it was we need experience and size on the blue line. boom. done. We need a top 6 forward. boom done. then it was, we need a top 3 gamebreaker. boom. done. Now, since we have gotten all those without a cup, we need all those things and a 7-8 million dollar center? I don't think so. It would be nice. I think a few bad breaks/not creating our own puck luck vs Phoenix has clouded people's vision of what this team was/is. Now, when Suter makes his mind up, we can really identify needs for this team. right now, we are all playing NHL 12 on HF Boards

Old
05-15-2012, 02:03 PM
token grinder

Quote:
While I understand your point, we said the same thing about Blum and Geoffrion last year...
and we also assume Wilson and Halishuck wuld have grown their games, which they did. and they should continue. geoffion, I will admit disappointed me, but I think he was affected more by what he wanted to be rather than what he can be. I was laughed at whn I said every time he looks in the mirror he should see Jerred Smithson. But he sees a top 6 forward, which he isn't. Now Blum...he was physically more mature. He came to camp bigger and stronger. He won his spot in camp, and then the system failed. The system failed, and when the ship was righted in November, he was still playing hesitant and afraid to make a mistake in fear that it would wind up in the back of the net. Now, the problem is between the ears with the kid. If he has his head on straight, and plays without thinking about everything, he will be fine.

Closed Thread